Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Stc net

Thanks everyone, but I'm fairly certain af will show in the next day or two. Always starts this way. I just wish I knew WHY we aren't conceiving.
    Erica. Darn bodies need to figure it out.
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

Jen, thinking of you this weekend, hopefully we'll hear some good news from you soon!

I finally got the bill for the karyotype testing. I have been worried about this for over a month now, I keep hearing that insurance doesn't cover it and that it costs 1000s of $ out of pocket. But my bill was for $13!!!! What a relief! And I finally got the last of the lab results, everything with my chromosomes and immune system are normal, no issues there. We are just waiting on DH's karyotype results to finally make a plan for this winter.

I hope you all are having a great weekend...we've gotten 4 feet of snow since Friday!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Erica, that's awesome coverage! And great results for you. Hopefully you'll get your DH's soon so you can move forward.
    AFM, af arrived full force yesterday. I started making a list of questions for the RE appt. I feel so lost since we thought we fixed the reason for the spotting before af with the surgery in Sept. Feels like we are back to square one. Really hoping the RE has some ideas and a good idea for a plan. We have a busy month so I hope it just goes quickly!

What a relief to get such a small bill!

Well, I actually got my on my OPK! When I was trying to conceive with this last miscarriage, I never did get it on my own. I was ovulating (we did an ultrasound to check), but I never could detect my surge without Clomid. I don't know if it really matters or not, but I'm choosing to keep this in the column of positive, hopeful feelings that everything will eventually work out!
    Me (40), DH (50), DSS (23), DSS (19), 4/09, 10/09,
    DD born 2-12-2011
    , 10/12

Jen: I'm sorry about AF, that is such a bummer, I'm sorry
    Karen~WTG on the smiley face! That is definitely a good sign, and we can use all of the positive signs we can get!

We got DH's karyotype results back, and they are totally normal. I really don't know how to feel about all of these results-I should be happy that both of our karyotypes are normal, and that I have no immune issues, but those are all fixable things and would have been manageable with IVF. Now that we know that it truly is only my high FSH/low AMH, I'm not sure what they are going to recommend. Since everything is normal, it seems that my primary RE thinks that our 2 back to back m/c's were a fluke, and that a pregnancy should result in a healthy baby (which is not what I have read with low AMH). So who knows, I guess we'll find out on Monday.

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Jen. I'm sure your procedure has helped something, but it must be so frustrating not to see improvement! I wonder what the spotting means.

Awesome about the tiny bill Erica . Now tht its December your Barbados "holiday" must feel closer. When is it again? Feb?

Karen, that must be a good sign . Now get BDing ;).

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

Hi! I'm just getting all your names from the posts. My name is Michele, btw. I never introduced myself.
    Jen - sorry af showed up. It's really frustrating to think you took care of the situation and then to have af show up. Praying your RE can give you a good plan. When is your appt?

Karen - hi! Congrats in the positive OPK. Hope it's the first of lots of good things

Jen - your insurance sounds amazing. Good for you! I know it's frustrating to get clear results from all the tests because it'd be so much easier if it was just a quick fix. My DH & i also had all clears from all our tests and it drove us crazy. I hope your RE has something good to say on Monday. I've heard both things about low AMH, too, which is frustrating. Maybe you can contact the clinic in Barbaods and see if the RE down there has some thoughts? I'm a big believer in the second opinion. We'd never have had our DS if we'd stuck with our first RE.To everyone

I'm off to do my stims for the night which I feel are totally useless now. Being bitter is not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 12-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Yup, hopefully IVF in Barbados in February...we can use a break from the winter then too! Seriously, just the thought of being able to do an IVF cycle on the beach has made these last few months so much easier. I'm doing pretty much the same thing that I did last time (4 month break, supplements, yoga, acupuncture), when we made it to 8 weeks pg, so hopefully we'll have success in Feb.

Michele ~ our Barbados RE is actually our 3rd opinion. Our 1st in San Diego was HORRIBLE! Brought out the whiteboard, drew a graph with steep downslopes (presumably my FSH), $ signs, and success rates-made us feel that donor options were our only hope. We weren't monitored for our IUI cycle, the NP didn't introduce herself when she did our IUI, and she didn't confirm our identity with the sperm sample for the IUI-seriously horrible! Our second (and current) is in Reno, and has gotten us to where we are now, actually don't hate him, but our ideologies don't necessarily line up (he's very anti-anything that hasn't been proven with research). The Barbados RE has been incredible-not pushing any tests or interventions that we don't need, appreciates and supports all of the supplements and complementary therapies I am doing, and truly seems supportive that we can be successful with her-and I don't think that it is all for show to get us in her clinic. All in all, I hugely support second and third opinions and finding someone that we feel comfortable and positive with.
    I'm hoping you chased those stims with that large glass of wine!

Ahh, I see. I was confused and thought you had an RE where you live and another in Barbados. I guess i'm playing a little catch up with your story, thanks for being patient! It's great you really trust her. I think that is hugely important. And it's nice not to feel like your RE is a salesman trying to sell you an upgrade. It's a bummer you had to go through so many, but at least you've found an RE you feel comfortable with. If she says you can get pg with low AMH, I'd trust her. My first RE was really negative & I didn't rrealize how much it affected us. Our current RE is honest, but optimistic and aggressive. She doesn't mince words for better or worse and I really trust her.

My glass of wine wasn't too large because I had to split what was left with my DH, but boy was it good!!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Hi everyone, I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! Tomorrow we're headed up to Reno for our primary RE appt (I absolutely hate Reno, by the way). We have all of the results back, and both of our chromosome and immune results were normal, no issues. Since we've gotten pg 2 out of the 3 IUIs we've had with this clinic, I'm expecting them to recommend that we continue with IUIs and just hope that we don't m/c next time. I'm not sure I'm very excited about this idea-not a fan of gambling with our emotions and stress level. I'm not getting any younger, so I'm thinking to an IVF cycle ASAP, and if that doesn't work, maybe get back in to IUIs. That, and we will have $ for IVF and the time off for Barbados, so why not? Ugh, I just don't know. I guess we'll see what everyone says this week.

Sounds like it's good news overall, though?
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Sounds like it's good news overall, though?
    I'm trying really hard to think of it as good news, but with chromosomes and immune being normal, that only leaves my DOR as the reason for not getting pg (on our own) and m/c-ing every time we get pg with IUI...and there really isn't anything we can do about my FSH/AMH level. I'm doing everything I can, with supplements, yoga, trying to de-stress, eating only good things to try to make this successful for us. But then, DH just came home from skiing all day with the guys totally wasted...while all day I'm working, cleaning, and going to school. Sorry, just a little rant, it's just very lonely in the IF world, sometimes it doesn't even seem like DH is supportive. I try really hard to not take it personally, and I know he is stressed and that this is his relief, it just seems like I don't get to check out like he does...

I think I get why this "good" news isn't as good as it seems... You were hoping for answers and maybe a poblem that you could try and solve, and you didn't really get one!

I also get wishing that DH would put in a bit more effort. Our problem is swimmers... and will DH cut out things that are bad for them (biking, briefs, alcohol, soy, dairy)? Nope, he doesn't think there's a point since he's given up on conceiving naturally .

Good luck with your decision. I'm a little unclear on how the IVF helps the miscarriage issue, but I think I'm pobably just missing something. It'll be interesting to hear what your local RE says anyway. And I hope you don't get *too* stressed about it meanwhile.

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

I get it, too. We don't have a clear answer for what's going on, either, and it is frustrating to think that if you knew what the problem was, you could fix it.

I am also curious about the IVF/mc issue, though.

The way I understood it, if an embryo from IVF makes it to a day 5 embryo and is developing normally, there is a high chance that it will result in a live birth (80% at this clinic). With IVF you try to create more embryos, and if you can create more embryos, theoretically, you have a higher chance that one will come from a healthy egg. With IUIs, when you are only going for 2-3 follicles, it might take a few cycles (and probably for me a few more m/cs) to find that healthy egg.

Okay, that makes sense if it is an egg quality issue.

In my case i am worried about implantation and asked my RE if I would be any more likely to implant with IVF vs IUI and he said no. If I'm having problems sticking, I will still have problems sticking. But I don't have DOR so I can see how that would change things.

Had my RE appt today. We were hoping that we would have gotten pregnant naturally by now, but I'm glad to move forward with a plan.

I'm getting my progesterone and TSH checked on Friday (6dpo). Months ago, pre-surgery, my progesterone level was 9.5. If we end up with a bfn this month we will start 50mg of clomid in January. I guess I fall into the unexplained IF - I'm ovulating, DH's sa was normal (asked about that strict kruger % I mentioned in a pp and RE reaffirmed that everything with DH is normal), etc. His guess is that I might just be having "weak" ovulations or my body is still balancing out after removing the calcified retained placenta. Anyone have success with clomid who was in a similar situation?

Jen, sorry, I don't have any experience similar to this to share. I know that my progesterone is usually around 10 during natural cycles, which technically confirms ovulation, and I have also heard the 'weak ovulation' theory.

I'm on CD5, looks like we might be trying for a Christmas O date! I don't know why, but I keep hanging on to the idea that we might still be able to conceive on our own, before our IVF cycle, even though we have never conceived naturally.

I hope everyone is doing well and not stressing out too much over the holidays! Especially with the news last week, and even with all of the crap that we STCers have to deal with, we all have so much to be thankful for. I know I'm thankful every day that you wonderful ladies are in my life!

Jen, no great advice. I am in a similar boat with unexplained IF and did conceive once on clomid, ending in chemical. I don't think clomid was the drug for me. I did better on Femara - another chemical, but my HCG was much higher before I started m/c.

Erica, fx for a Christmas O! I will also be thinking of all you ladies this holiday. Something about this year has really struck me, thinking of my niece and nephews and the differences in a family. I'm so not in the Christmas spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by akhiker View Post
    I hope everyone is doing well and not stressing out too much over the holidays! Especially with the news last week, and even with all of the crap that we STCers have to deal with, we all have so much to be thankful for. I know I'm thankful every day that you wonderful ladies are in my life!
    Well said

Hi Everyone. I got my period on Tuesday, so it's IVF in the new year. Started my DHEA and CoQ10 once sturdy, so hopefully that will help.

So just catching up on some posts:

I was frustrated at times with my DH and his lack of urgency or effort with our ttc'ing process. But I think sometimes it's just the natural differences between men and women. Most men seem to be able to compartmentalize their stresses, if needed, so they dont overtake everything. Which is great for them, but frustrating for a wife to witness. And, since it's happening to us, in our body, it's that much more all encompassing for us, with us at every second of the day. And I think men feel badly, whether it is a swimmer issue or not, that they have failed since they can't get us pregnant. Bottom line is it'sno ones fault, no matter what the medical reason is. We haven't done anything to deserve it or cause it. It just is and we have to deal with it as a couple. The guilt for both partners is a killer. I'm not ashamed at all to mention that in our six year ttc'ing journey, we saw a counselor because we both were frustrated with how the other was dealing with it. It helped us immensely and we're closer and better communicators now because of it.

Gwenn - if it's implantation issues, maybe progesterone supplement is needed after DTD to make sure the embryo implants and survives? Did we talk about this before? If so, I'm sorry, my mind is blown lately. Also have you asked your re about ivig and if that might help you? A friend of mine used that after her IVF and it helped her hang onto the baby. There's a blood test that tests if you are positive or negative for something (I can't remember the initials, I'm so sorry). But if you test positive, it means your body fights a pregnancy at the initial stages, like an infection. you can use ivig to help you sustain the pregnancy in the beginning. I wish I could remember the name of the blood test. Let me do some research and see if I can find it.

Jen - How did your blood tests go?

So very sorry you got your period.

What is ivig? I haven't heard of it. And I thought I'd been around! Looking at my benefits statement, the tests the doctor ran included something for immunity. He never mentioned the test or the results to me to I am operating on the assumption that the results were normal and I am not dealing with an immune response - then again, perhaps I am assuming too much. He definitely has responded to my elevated TSH so he doesn't ignore stuff so far as I know. I have talked about the progesterone thing. Long story short, the doctor doesn't want to test my progesterone but next time around I will be agressive about just taking some to head off any future problems.

Aww, thanks. I'm more annoyed that we spent 4k on a procedure that has never worked for us in the past. Im talking 8 iuis. So it was no surprise the 9th one didn't work. My DHs sperm need to be injected into the egg. They can't bust in on their own, lol.

I'm racking my brain trying to remember the name of this test. But the progesterone is definitely a good place to start. My first re wasn't too concerned with my progesterone, but my current one pays close attention to it both for IVF and IUI. I had it tested 1 week after IUI to see if it was ok. Im All for asking a ton of questions. You have to be your own advocate. Even if the questions seem silly, ask away. At the end of the day, this is your journey, not the doctors.

Ok I just looked it up and it is an ANA test that I'm talking about. you probably had one done with the battery of test you've done. A negative test is good. ANA positive means that your immune system might have a problem letting the embryo implant. again, this might not be at all what your situation is. But sometimes you have to rule out things instead of saying what it is. Kinda a backwards way to go about it, but this ttc'ing thing is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Ok I just looked it up and it is an ANA test that I'm talking about. you probably had one done with the battery of test you've done. A negative test is good. ANA positive means that your immune system might have a problem letting the embryo implant. again, this might not be at all what your situation is. But sometimes you have to rule out things instead of saying what it is. Kinda a backwards way to go about it, but this ttc'ing thing is a mess.
    Backwards or forwards, either way so long as I get closer to an answer!

Word! Good luck! Wishing we all get our BFPs in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Word! Good luck! Wishing we all get our BFPs in the new year.
    I agree with all my heart. Let this be the year for each of us!

Well, progesterone came back normal at 13...so why the F am I spotting???? I'm wondering if it is just coming from my cervix - I have been told I have a friable cervix in the past. Now I'm just grasping for answers.
    Wonder if this ANA test is something I should look into as well...

I'm going to try to concentrate on the holidays and being happy! I'll reconvene stressing when we start clomid in January Happy holidays everyone!

Well congrats on the normal progesterone level. I know it doesn't answer any questions, but at least you know it isn't a problem. I haven't heard of the friable cervix, I'll have to look that up. Hang in there. Something good is bound to happen in the new year!

Enjoy the holidays!!!!!