Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stc net

I am doing another injection tonight and then going tomorrow for an US, lets cross our fingers for multiple follicles and at least one on the left side!! I never had more than one follie on the Clomid and ALWAYS ovulated from the right side. The RE says that while my tube is open, the ovary on the right is in a weird place almost behind my uterus, likely secondary to my Csection and scar tissue but he wonders if that is causing a difficult time catching the egg into the tube and such. He wants to see an egg on the left to avoid that issue. FX!

I've been quiet in here lately. My dog was diagnosed with a highly aggressive cancer this weekend and I had him put to sleep - he's my baby and I've always called him my firstborn. It's a big shock and my other dog has anxiety issues and is really mourning him so that's hard, too. AF came yesterday, on top of everything - I'm so glad we didn't try this month as having that might have sent me over the edge. Not sure if I will try meds this cycle or wait until my emotions settle down a bit. I'd better make a decision quick! I just don't want to waste a medicated cycle.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yellow -- hoping for at least one nice follie on the left side for you!!! KUP on u/s results!

Gwenn -- So sorry to hear about your dog. They truly are family members and I would be devastated if something happened to my dog.
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I've been quiet in here lately. My dog was diagnosed with a highly aggressive cancer this weekend and I had him put to sleep - he's my baby and I've always called him my firstborn. It's a big shock and my other dog has anxiety issues and is really mourning him so that's hard, too. AF came yesterday, on top of everything - I'm so glad we didn't try this month as having that might have sent me over the edge. Not sure if I will try meds this cycle or wait until my emotions settle down a bit. I'd better make a decision quick! I just don't want to waste a medicated cycle.
    So sorry about your doggie... They truly are members of the family and it is sooooo hard when you have to let them go. I hope you are comforted by the wonderful memories you have with him. We call our dog our first born as well.... And tell C that he is her brother...

Also sorry about AF...although you weren't trying this month she still sucks! Hope your decision about this cycle comes soon...

So my US showed a big follie on the right and two smaller ones on the left which the MD doesn't think will catch up. I think he said the one on the right was 17 and the two others were 13 at the most. He was a bit puzzled since with my blood numbers he thought I would've either had more smaller ones or another bigger one. But them he said sometimes it is not straight forward. So I am triggering tonight at midnight and having my IUI done Saturday morning. Initially he was going to trigger me today and IUI tomorrow but that was going to be really tough schedule wise for us so he said he would push it to Saturday and then they gave me a shot of menopur in the office before I left. Now I wonder if I should've just done it tomorrow.....hopefully I didn't ruin this cycle by pushing it to Saturday. Maybe it will give the left ones time to catch up. So may what if's! Ugh!

How is everybody else?

Yellow_ Good Luck, I hope this is it for you.

Gwenn_ Sorry about your dog, that is so sad.

Katie_ I hope you next cycle goes well.

AFM_ Af is showing and I'm depressed. Yesterday was my bday and I cried a lot because I miss my Mom who passed away in November. I hadn't thought about my bday being hard to celebrate. Hormones didn't help I'm sure. On to next cycle.

Yellow -- wouldn't it be nice if you could choose which side to O from! Is this the first u/s you have had? What CD are you today? I usually have 2-4 u/s before IUI so just wondering. I hope the extra day gives those two little ones a chance to catch up! Generally they still grow about 1mm/day after you trigger, so your 17mm should be around 20mm when you IUI, and the two little ones, if they continue to grow, should be 16mm... at the low end of "big enough" but still possible!

Auntmommy -- sorry about AF. Holidays are the worst when it comes to remembering those who have passed. My sister passed away almost 20 years ago now and it is still tough celebrating some of the big stuff without her. At first any holiday would make us all teary. to you!

Hey all! I had my hysteroscopy today and everything went well. Definitely a few spots that they cut out with some sort of bladed instrument. I've got some before and after pictures that show an angry uterus with calcified placenta and huge clots, and now a nice clean happy uterus that will be much more implantation friendly! I spent most of today sleeping and will be heading back to bed soon. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
    Yellow - Good luck with the IUI tomorrow!
    Auntmommy - sorry you're having a few rough days
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

Jen -- glad that your surgery went well! It sounds like surgery was definitely the best decision for you. I hope your recovery is quick!

Yellow -- tomorrow!!!

Gwenn -- did you decide to medicate this cycle?

I didn't. DH brought this home and when I saw it I decided to skip the meds this month...

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    Yellow -- wouldn't it be nice if you could choose which side to O from! Is this the first u/s you have had? What CD are you today? I usually have 2-4 u/s before IUI so just wondering. I hope the extra day gives those two little ones a chance to catch up! Generally they still grow about 1mm/day after you trigger, so your 17mm should be around 20mm when you IUI, and the two little ones, if they continue to grow, should be 16mm... at the low end of "big enough" but still possible!

Auntmommy -- sorry about AF. Holidays are the worst when it comes to remembering those who have passed. My sister passed away almost 20 years ago now and it is still tough celebrating some of the big stuff without her. At first any holiday would make us all teary. to you!
    It would be nice to choose an ovulation side...I had a few blood draws this cycle but that was my only US. I was CD 13 when I was US'd. So who knows whether I will ovulate one or more. The RE seemed puzzled by my follies/estradiol level.....and also really had hoped that the left ovary would've responded better. So I am trying to shake the feeling that this cycle is doomed before it even starts so to speak. But realistically I cannot change anything...it is all beyond my control so I am just rolling with it.

Quinn: Glad the procedure went well....now you have a nice pretty home for the little embie to implant in! YEAH!

Auntmommy: Sorry you are having a tough time. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Gwenn: What an adorable reason for an unmedicated cycle....he will keep you busy enough this cycle! I would love to snuggle him....what kind of dog is he?

And thanks for the IUI well wishes, it means a lot!

He's a Rottweiler. He's only six weeks old.

Good luck tomorrow!

Well the IUI is done...15.9 million swimmers. I only had o pain on my right so likely I didnt O from the left unless it was just weaker and I didn't feel it. Now it is time to wait.......*sigh*

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Good luck! I don't always feel O pain.

Gwenn -- OMG that is one adorable pup!!! Congrats on your new addition

Yellow -- don't count yourself out yet! I have seen lots of people who did not have "perfect" cycles but still ended up with a BFP. I hope your 2ww goes by quickly!

OMG He's adorable!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

I am planning to go to the library to look at fertility books... I really want to give myself the best chance this next cycle. Anyone have any good ones they would recommend?

I'm enjoying Navigating the Land of IF. It's not from a medical perspective, but from someone who STC herself and she does cover various medical stuff in it.

I would hugely recommend The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis, Waiting for Daisy by Peggy Orenstein, Inconceivable by Julia Indichova, and 50 Shades of Grey for some levity!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Ladies thanks for the thoughts during my rough day. I'm still having a rough time and I wonder if its because we are getting so close to the 1 yr mark. Today is a better day though.

Gwenn_ Cute puppy. Sweet of your Dh to think of that. I know our dog helps me. You will be busy thats for sure.

Quinn_How are you doing? Glad you had the surgery.

Katie_ I've been thinking about you. Have no bood recommendations but wanted to wish you the best.

Auntmommy -- sorry you are having a rough time. I hope things get better for you soon!

Ladies, thanks for the book recommendations! My library only had a few books to pick from but I ordered a few more to be sent there so I have PLENTY of reading material, lol. I am already reading the 2nd Fifty Shades book and it is great for taking my mind off everything! I started The Infertility Cure yesterday and wow, so much interesting information! I am definitely going to try some of the diet and lifestyle recommendations from the book, but I think if I tried all their recommendations I would have to quit my job, it would take up so much time. Has anyone ever tried any Eastern medicine fertility treatments? Acupuncture, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by akhiker View Post
    I would hugely recommend The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis, Waiting for Daisy by Peggy Orenstein, Inconceivable by Julia Indichova, and 50 Shades of Grey for some levity! :winks:
    oh man that made me laugh!

I talked to the RE that did my surgery yesterday and he gave DH and I the go-ahead to try this cycle if we want (we originally thought we'd have to wait until next month)!! I'm still spotting a little, so who knows how this cycle will play out, but I'm just anxious to see if this did the trick!

Good luck!

Yay Jen, hope it doesn't take you long to get knocked up!

Thanks ladies!!

Pleaseeeeee reply on my thread
    " HELP!!Clomid/follicle size/ovarian cyst"
    I am so desperate... And i need help!!

Quinn: yeah on the early green light to TTC! Hope the nice uterus is occupied soon.

I am entering my 1ww......8 dpiui tomorrow. Not really feeling much, but just glad I don't have symptoms like last month or I'd really go nuts since they didn't mean anything for me. Kinda thinking I will be injecting myself again soon.

Although on a semi comical note I forget to tell you ladies that my 2 yro DD saw me do two of my injections because I did them in the kitchen when I was getting used to it but then I started doing them in the bathroom because it was easier. Well everytime I would go in the bathroom with my Gonal F pen......DD would get her doctor play kit shot and wait for me to come out and hand the "shot" to me, pull up her shirt and say "me, me!" she wanted me to pretend to give her one too. She is too smart and observant I guess.

That is so cute about your DD! They pick up on everything, don't they?

Yellow -- That's hilarious! I could totally see my DS doing something like that too. He loves to mimic everything we do. When I got pg with DS, I had no symptoms -- hopefully you are having a symptom-free start to being pg!!

AFM -- One more week on BCP's before we can start our next cycle. I have had light spotting the past few days and I have no idea why. I hope it doesn't mean that my body is messed up... I really want this next cycle to go well.