Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Stc net

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Oooh for a pink streak! FX!
    Wait... are you saying that's a good thing? I was thinking it was a sign of AF?
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1). September 2014: TTC #3!

Oh...sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant on a test line!

In that case ... boo for a pink streak!

(sorry...)
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

yeah...no cysts. But boo to having to go back to work ( i work at the hospital) after my appt to have my blood drawn. I wish they wouldve told me I needed it because I could of had it done before I left this am...oh well. They said as long as my blood work looks ok I will start Gonal F tomorrow night. Then repeat blood work on Saturday and call for further instruction on Tuesday. I so hope this works!

Katie: I hope AF stays away! Will be stalking you.

Gwenn: glad to hear you are around and doing ok. I think processing is a good thing, and hope that time will clarify the right path for you and your DH.

Hey all! I keep coming on here and starting a reply, but then get pulled away for something and never get around to posting it!
    Katie - super stalking you! I think the last few days of the 2ww are the worst, so to you!
    Gwenn - I'm glad you found an outlet with some informative books. Processing can be such a...process.
    AFM - I'm 9dpo according to FF, but 8 according to what I think was O pain. So yeah. Just. Waiting. Around. I had super lightly pink/brown tinged cm yesterday - so either implantation spotting (can't help but hope, right?!) or my angry uterus (much more likely). Time will tell! AF isn't due until 9/3, so if I make it to then without spotting (haven't had a LP that long in over a year so I doubt it) I'll test then.
    Hope everyone is having a good week!
    Jen
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

Hi ladies .

Yellow- glad the cycle is go!

Ktbelle- I hope the pink was your imagination, and you get the other kind of pink line soon!

Quinn's mama- Ooo, I didn't realize you were clear to TCC given the retained placenta. for you too!

Gwenn- hang in there girl. Thinking of you.

Afm: my appointment at the fertility clinic is this avo, in 2hr 33min to be precise, but who is counting ;). I am feeling far more nervous than I think I should be, and I don't quite know what I'm nervous about. I'll try and update this evening.

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

Yellow -- KUP on how your cycle is going! Yay for starting injects tonight!!!

Jen -- Hope you make it to the weekend so you get to test! We are right together with our cycles this month. Hope we both get our BFP's!!!

Ourou -- Good luck at your appt today!!! KUP!!!

AFM -- I had a little brown/pink spot when I put in my progesterone suppository last night. Went to bed completely depressed and sure that AF would be here today. But I have had NO spotting and NO AF today!!! Without the hcg boost, I almost always get AF at 10dpiui (which is today) so at the very least my LP is getting better. I'm afraid to hope for anything else...

Confession: I know this is the *American* Pregnancy Association, and I am American, but I live in New Zealand, which relevant to the below.

The appt. went well. We had an amazing surprise! (No, I'm not pregnant, that would have been unbelievably amazing...) We were very lucky to qualify for public funding for our original round of IVF, and now there has been a change as to what that means. Now, apparently, it includes all associated follow up treatment like FET! Meaning our FETs will be free until we use up all our frosties. I feel like I've won the lottery!

As to the specifics of the treatment... It is very minimalist. Apparently they will do CD 21 bloods this cycle, and if they are fine we are good to go. Next cycle we will do a series of bloods to see when I ovulate, and five days later they pop in the frosty. No meds, no U/S, only the two appointments including today's. It makes me a little nervous that it is so minimalist, and I did ask about more monitoring, but the doc gave said that just because we can monitor doesn't mean it would help. We don't really have a choice of clinic (the only other one on our island is another branch of the same clinic, and its 5hrs drive away, and doesn't have our frosties) so I am gonna try not to over think it and trust this guy!

Now we are trying to decide whether to start for sure next cycle (assuming my cd 21s are ok). I'm pretty sure we will, its just we have a weekend away for my Mum's 60th birthday that might fall at exactly the wrong time.

Its all very exciting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourou View Post
    Confession: I know this is the *American* Pregnancy Association, and I am American, but I live in New Zealand, which relevant to the below.

The appt. went well. We had an amazing surprise! (No, I'm not pregnant, that would have been unbelievably amazing...) We were very lucky to qualify for public funding for our original round of IVF, and now there has been a change as to what that means. Now, apparently, it includes all associated follow up treatment like FET! Meaning our FETs will be free until we use up all our frosties. I feel like I've won the lottery!

As to the specifics of the treatment... It is very minimalist. Apparently they will do CD 21 bloods this cycle, and if they are fine we are good to go. Next cycle we will do a series of bloods to see when I ovulate, and five days later they pop in the frosty. No meds, no U/S, only the two appointments including today's. It makes me a little nervous that it is so minimalist, and I did ask about more monitoring, but the doc gave said that just because we can monitor doesn't mean it would help. We don't really have a choice of clinic (the only other one on our island is another branch of the same clinic, and its 5hrs drive away, and doesn't have our frosties) so I am gonna try not to over think it and trust this guy!

Now we are trying to decide whether to start for sure next cycle (assuming my cd 21s are ok). I'm pretty sure we will, its just we have a weekend away for my Mum's 60th birthday that might fall at exactly the wrong time.

for all that coverage!! I don't know much about IVF as far as the monitoring you mentioned. Did the doc give you success rates when doing the minimal he mentioned? So awesome if that's all it takes!

The FET sounds so much easier that the descriptions I've been reading of IVF. No meds! I'm jealous.

Yay for free FET's!!! Maybe we need to move to New Zealand...

AFM -- I have had very light spotting today and tonight I have had a little cramping too. I'm sure that AF will be here tomorrow.

Oh, no... So sorry.

Well.... it was a go. My blood work was fine, E2 level was 38....which doesn't mean anything to me really but they said it was good and I could start the Gonal F. Did the first shot last evening before I went to work...not too bad... a little burning but I might have not let the alcohol dry all the way too. I have to do 225 units every night, blood work on Saturday and then call for further instruction on Tuesday after the holiday. They said if dosing needing changing from my blood work on Saturday they would call me. Fingers crossed....didn't get to read back but hopefully can catch up tonight when I come into work.

Thanks for being interested ladies . Quinn, apparently the clinics success rate is about 30% per FET cycle, and that sounds ok to me given that they usually only put in one embryo (its also a little hard to compare with US statistics where they regularly put in more.) My chances should be better than average as I'm only 30, had good sucess last time, and our issues are all male factor.

Gwenn, for what it is worth, I didn't find IVF as daunting as it sounded when I read about it. If you have any "whats it like" type questions or anything, I'm happy to help if I can.

Ktbelle, hang in there. I hope you are wrong about AF!

Yellow, well done on the injection! You are on the way now .

Outbound, I will definitely take you up on your offer as we come closer to making a decision.

Yellow -- You should have lots of good follies! Not sure how the dosing varies with different meds but 225 is a pretty high dose for Follistim which is my med. KUP on your injections and next appt!

AFM -- my body is totally screwing with me. More light spotting today. No AF. Then this evening I just used the bathroom to find that the spotting has stopped. WTH??? I hate being in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourou View Post

Wow it is great that you such coverage.... Can't wait to hear more about your FET!

Katie: hmmmmm....I hope all this spotting is just your little bean burrowing in... Are you testing Friday? Hope you get a nice BFP to get you out of limbo!

Quinn: hope you get a surprise BFP .... If not when is your D and C scheduled?

AFM... Not much...shot didn't even hurt today! YEAH! Just anxious to see how I respond to this.... Trying to just go with and relax...but isn't easy. Little worried about trying to squeeze in my ultrasound I will likely need at some point next week....but hopefully it will all work out. Glad to be done with night shifts for a few weeks....they get kinda hard after awhile. Hope everyone has a great labor day weekend.

Well Katie........did you test??

BFN. Then AF started this morning. I am so frustrated. I am waiting for the RE's office to call me back. Most likely we will be taking a month off because we are out of town and won't be able to go for CD3 b/w and u/s.

Katie, so sorry about the bfn and af If you're like me there aren't a whole lot of words today that will make you feel better. Hang in there.
    Yellow- glad your shots are painful! (gotta find the positives, right?!)
    AFM - having some spotting today, so I'm assuming this will go on for a couple days before af starts full force. I think I did a fairly decent job not getting my hopes TOO high. Still makes me crabby though! D&C is scheduled for next Friday and I'm ready to do that and see what happens - get me off of this emotional roller coaster!

Katie_ I'm so sorry.

I'm sorry, Katie.

Sorry Katie......hope your RE has some input....

Thanks ladies. I am officially taking the month off. I will start BCP's so I will get AF, and next month we will do another IUI. When I go for my CD3 appt I will talk to the RE -- I have a list of questions to ask him. In the meantime, I will be stalking all of you and hoping to see some graduates from this room!!!

AF started today. I'm not surprised, but I do wonder if forgetting my progesterone pill last night affected anything. Oh well, on to surgery next Friday!

Oh Ktbelle, I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope the RE has some useful things to say at your follow up meeting. I guess its good that your leutal phase was a bit longer than previously, but its not exactly the good news you were hoping for.

Quinn'smama, darn AF. Hope the D&C goes well for you, then on wards to a BFP!

Hi everyone,
    Well, not only did going rogue (taking my leftover injects without monitoring) not result in multiples, but we got a BFN too. I am so tired of all of this, coming up on the 4 year mark in December. I think tonight DH and I will talk about next steps...I'm still excited about the donor embryo program, and we also have a great foster parent program in our county. We have always loved the idea of adopting, but it is so expensive/takes a long time, and still very stressful. Or maybe we'll just call it like it is and move on. I just don't know.

I still stalk nearly everyday...we seriously need to graduate out of this room!

Erica 34, DH 35, DS 10 months old. STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013, Surprise BFP Sept 2014!!!

Rough week for BFN's. Hopefully September is a better month for our group!

Jen -- I hope your surgery goes smoothly on Friday!

Akhiker -- I'm sorry about the BFN. I hope you and DH come up with a plan that you both agree on. 4 years is a long time... I hope you get your miracle soon!

Yellow -- how are the injects going?

Akhiker: sorry the rogue cycle was a BFN. I know what you mean about being tired of all this....struggling through this is emotionally exhausting. I hope you guys can figure out what is best for you!

Jen: good luck with your D&C on Friday...hope it paves the way to a BFP!

Katie: injects are going ok... Had blood work on Saturday and called the office this am and they said to do the same dose tonight and do labs today and call back tomorrow morning for further instructions. I think something must be going on...I feel kinda bloated and also some uncomfortableness in the pelvic region...especially on the right. FX....I really want a follie on my left side! Well actually I really want to get pregnant!!

Yellow -- Yay for feeling something going on! I always feel bloated with injectable cycles too. I hope this is a good sign for you!!!

debabrat Guest

Default walk in bath”

These look good in theory, but many people find they feel insecure with these and find the transition from a seated to laying position, and the reverse, very awkward.