Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stc net

Add me to the curious. I love pineapple and if pineapple core helps in anyway,I'm for it.

Yellow_ I'm so sorry about the BFN, makes me sad for you.

Sara_ I hope your Dr is willing to do the Provera. I think I would have already flipped out and needed admitted to the hospital if I had a 75 day cycle. Urgh

Gwenn_ How are things going? I've been thinking about you.

AFM_ I believe I ovulated this weekend. Early! Cycle day 10-11 we bd but who knows. Ice therapy was very painful for Dh so he hasn't done it again. Who knows if he will at least he tried. I'm trying not to focus so much on get pregnant and trying to enjoy life more. I'm a christian and my spiritual walk has really been effected by this 4 yrs journey so I'm refocusing on that very important part of my life. I know there are people who don't agree or aren't comfortable with my beliefs so if I have offended anyone please know that was not my wish or desire.

I took my ovidrel shot this am at 3:00. I am worried now, because i think it was an hour early. They told me at the doctor's office to do it at 3, but their rule is 34 hours ahead. We are scheduled to drop off DH's sample at 1pm tomorrow, with the IUI at 2. 3am is 34 hours from drop off, not from the procedure, so I think they got the time wrong when they told me. DH and I were trying to reason all this through at 3am, and we ended up just doing the shot vs. going to sleep and waking up again at 4. I hope one hour doesn't make that much difference, but different doctors say different times, don't they? I'm thinking I will be okay.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 07-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Auntmommy -- Yay for O!!! Join us all in the 2WW!!!

Gwenn -- You will be fine even doing the trigger 1 hour early. My RE always says to trigger between 8-10pm, then the earliest he does the IUI's is 10am (36 hrs later). We had to wait an hour for ours because the early patients came in late. :/ So our IUI was ~37 hours after trigger since I did it at 10pm. Good luck tomorrow!!!

Pineapple core, from what I have read, is supposed to help with implantation. There was a thread about it in the TTC forum not too long ago. Apparently you are supposed to start it the day after O (or the day after IUI) and cut it into 5 equal pieces. Then you eat 1 piece each day from 1-5dpo. So I started last night. We'll see if it does anything! Can't hurt, and I love fresh pineapple so my biggest challenge is keeping DH from eating it all!
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

I guess I don't read all that many threads in TTC! I'm usually all about the research studies before I will try something, but pineapple is yummy. Definitely can't hurt and if it helps, so much the better! I'll see if I can find some pineapple core.

Gwenn: I think your timing will be ok... Good luck with the IUI.

Katie: pineapple core can't hurt.....tell DH to stay away from it since he doesn't have anything trying to implant...lol Hope time is going by quickly for you. Can't wait to see your BFP!

Aunt mommy: no offense taken here. Hope that your refocusing on religion helps to get you your BFP!

AFM.... I am actually gonna do one more Clomid +IUI cycle before injects. You have to take a special info class at our RE before you can do them so I couldn't do it for this cycle. I signed up for the class but hope I won't need it. I hate trying to juggle my schedule all around to accommodate all these classes and appointments. It is stressful to me. This cycle I am trying hard to be positive and not stress about it. Easier said than done. But I will give it the old college try!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    I guess I don't read all that many threads in TTC! I'm usually all about the research studies before I will try something, but pineapple is yummy. Definitely can't hurt and if it helps, so much the better! I'll see if I can find some pineapple core.
    I lurk in TTC but don't post much. I don't really feel like I belong there because we are not able to TTC naturally since I don't O on my own. But it is nice to get an idea here or there! I am like you Gwenn, I like to see the research behind what I am doing, but I do have a few superstitions that are not related to the literature.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    Gwenn: I think your timing will be ok... Good luck with the IUI.

Katie: pineapple core can't hurt.....tell DH to stay away from it since he doesn't have anything trying to implant...lol Hope time is going by quickly for you. Can't wait to see your BFP!

Aunt mommy: no offense taken here. Hope that your refocusing on religion helps to get you your BFP!

AFM.... I am actually gonna do one more Clomid +IUI cycle before injects. You have to take a special info class at our RE before you can do them so I couldn't do it for this cycle. I signed up for the class but hope I won't need it. I hate trying to juggle my schedule all around to accommodate all these classes and appointments. It is stressful to me. This cycle I am trying hard to be positive and not stress about it. Easier said than done. But I will give it the old college try!
    I hope you don't need the injectables class! I agree, it is tough trying to fit all the appointments in around life, work, and family. I am almost relieved to be in the 2ww so at least I don't have to go in for appointments every 2-3 days! When do you start your meds?

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I hope you don't need the injectables class! I agree, it is tough trying to fit all the appointments in around life, work, and family. I am almost relieved to be in the 2ww so at least I don't have to go in for appointments every 2-3 days! When do you start your meds?
    I do the Clomid days 5-9 so I start it Friday.....

Yellow, I hope this is your cycle and you don't have to do the injects. Interesting that they make you take a class, though.

Yellow_ Glad you weren't offended. I've never heard of taking a class before doing inject. but I think it might be a good idea. I hope you don't have to do them either. I understand the scheduling of so many appts is stressful. Good Luck this cycle.

Katie_ Thanks for the info. I think I'm passed O so this cycle is out but I'm willing to try it next month.

Gwenn_ Your shot time thing made me feel a little stressed so I can only imagine your worry. I hope everything goes well today. Come on BFP!

AFM_I mentioned refocusing yesterday and one of the ways I'm doing that is reading Made to Crave but I'm also going to check out a book called The Makers Diet. I'm hoping to get in shape physically and want to do it from a Godly view point and not a diet of you can't have, more of a lifestyle changes is what I'm looking for. Can you ladies help me? I give you permission to ask what I'm eating and how I'm exercising. I'll not be offended. I have a thing that I do when I'm shopping alone and need advice in the dressing room. I'll ask a lady to honestly answer this question,"If I were your sister and you saw me in this what would you say?" I've always got honest responses and I'm remembered by few ladies when they see me out So, I'm giving my stc friends here that same permission, "If you were my sister what would you say?" Please help me! Thanks

So last night we went to the grocery store and I bought a pineapple. DH says he is going to make me a pineapple smoothie tonight! Excited.

Mmmm sounds yummy Gwenn!!!

I feel like crap. I think I have a cold. I have no voice, and I was nauseous on and off all day long. I can't see how the nausea would relate to the cold, but oh well. At least it stopped me from obsessing over 2ww symptoms! LOL

Gwenn: thanks... I hope I don't need it either but since it is scheduled before I would know if I had a successful cycle this time or not I likely will be going to the class anyway. I wonder what it will cover, it is an hour long.

Katie: sorry you are sick. Hope you get better soon.

So I was surprised when I went to pick up my Clomid for this cycle and saw that they had called me in 150mg a day. No one had mentioned increasing my dose when they gave me the gameplan on the phone. I had only taken 50mg a day the last two cycles. So I couldn't help but think maybe they made a mistake when they called it in. So I called and the RN checked my chart and said that yes in fact he did want to increase me to 150mg a day. Glad to know it wasn't a mistake but I was a little surprised we went from 50 to 150. I trust my RE though so onward...lol.

Wow, that's a big jump! Hoping you get a nice big egg response on that dosage.

Katie, sorry you're feeling sick.

katie_ I'm sorry you are sick maybe its a good sign.

Yellow_That is a big jump and I hope it works for you.

Gwenn_ I want a pineapple smoothie. Yummy

AFM_ had my first appt with Endocrinologist and he doesn't think I have a thyroid problem. He said before I started taking meds everything was in normal range. He think the medicine is what is causing my symptoms and my dose is so low he wants me to go off of it for 2 months and see what happens. This plan doesn't bother me as I've not been able to become pregnant since we switched medicines. He did say he does not think my thyroid has caused my infertility or miscarriages. He is checking my vitamin D levels as he says that sometimes cause the same symptoms and thyroid problems. Hopefully we will get somewhere now. Oh, I am in the 2ww so wish me luck.

What was your TSH before you started meds? I know there is some controversy among doctors about what "normal" thyroid levels are like. Generally doctors consider anything below a TSH of 5 to be normal (not hypothyroid - not sure of the ranges for hyperthyroid) but my doctor started treating me at 4 and he said it needs to be between 1-2 for pregnancy. So if you had a TSH of more than 2 without medication I would continue with the meds, even if you don't think that is the cause of your issues. In my case, treating my thyroid didn't get me pregnant any more easily, but I still need treatment to stay healthy and at my best for pregnancy.

I'm thinking my TSH was 1.43 before I started any medicines and my last lab was .82. I was on Synthroid 75 mcg. I don't know, hopefully we'll notice some difference.

That is odd they put you on meds, then, with those levels. Good luck with finding the right answer with that.

Thanks ladies! I am feeling much better today except for some fatigue and a scratchy voice.

Yellow -- hopefully the increase in dosage is all you need to get your BFP!!! When I took Clomid in the past the increase in dosage made a big difference for me, as I did not O on 50mg or 100mg but I did O on 150mg.

Auntmommy -- your 2ww goes by quickly, and that this is your month! I hope you feel better off your meds. Wonder if the Vitamin D is an issue for you? My RE has me on Vitamin D supplements 1x/week this time around. I never had to do that before but I can deal with an extra pill a week if it helps!

Ugh... I feel SO fat. Probably just bloated from the meds or IUI, but YUCK!!!! Sorry, just had to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    Ugh... I feel SO fat. Probably just bloated from the meds or IUI, but YUCK!!!! Sorry, just had to complain.
    Me too... But is probably more just me than the meds, and will only get worse for me with the bloat of ovulation upcoming. I hope the feeling passes for you.

I started my Clomid today...hope my ovaries do well with the increased dosage. I do ovulate on my own and always did with one good follie on 50mg......kinda hoping this will give me two good follies to work with. I have always ovulated on my right during all my monitored cycles ( basically since jan) so I hope this increased Clomid wakes up my left ovary and that will be the ticket to a BFP! FX!

I feel nasty, too. Crampy and just super emotional (which hasn't always been the case for me). Telling myself it will all be worth it in the end.

Katie_ I'm trying to not think about the 2ww. I have a wedding to go to this weekend. My Dh just had an interview with the biggest employer in our area so that has been a little stressful and now we are in the wait to hear something. I think Vitamin D is a problem most of us have and I hope taking more will help me. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Gwenn_ You are in my thoughts, even at 3 in the morning Hope you have a nice weekend.

Yellow_ I hope you get a couple really nice follies and that this cycle is it for you.

Have a nice weekend all!

Yellow -- hope you get at least 2 good follies this cycle! Yay for starting meds!!

Gwenn -- I have been really emotional too, it's gotta be all these hormones my body isn't used to. One of my co-workers told me I was "feisty" this morning!

Auntmommy -- Good luck to your DH!!! I hope he gets the job! Have a great time at the wedding and maybe you can take your mind off all the stress.

In other news, my sweet chocolate lab seems to be having some incontinence issues. Thought we had kicked it until DH came home from work to a trail of pee all through the house.... ugh. What a fun Friday night scrubbing the carpets! At least now I am done and watching the opening ceremonies

Aunt mommy: good luck to your DH! Hope he gets good news soon!

I am excited that I feel "things" going on in there already! Go increased Clomid! Although I am a little scared because my O hurts with my lower dose I can't imagine what O with more follies would feel like....luckily I should be off from work so I can curl up at home. Two cycles ago I O'd at work and it was rough to get through......

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am working but it wasnt too bad today. How are the TWW girls doing??

I'm peeing a lot and hoping it's a good sign. It seems to early for symptoms though, doesn't it? I'm 4dpiui today. More likely it's from the trigger shot I guess. But if someone wants to convince me otherwise, I'm happy to listen!

I have NO symptoms. I don't have a whole lot of hope for this cycle. But at least the 2ww isn't dragging too much. I spent most of the day watching the live gymnastics on NBC Olympics website which was fun. I think I'm going to test on Thursday (12dpiui) if AF hasn't shown yet. Only 4 nights and 3 days!

Yellow, I hope you have a big O followed by a big BFP!!!!

Gwenn, I don't think it's ever too early for symptoms. After my IUI that worked 2 years ago, I got sore bb's that started at 2dpiui and lasted throughout the whole pregnancy. So it is definitely possible!!!

How is everyone else doing?

Hi ladies! Hope it's ok that I jump in on this thread
    I mentioned in my other post that I've been taking 100mg progesterone 2x/day this cycle since O for LPD. Well, I made it to 10dpo - a huge increase considering its been 6dop in the past - and started spotting this morning. I'm hoping someone might have some answers for me for a couple questions, 1. should I continue to take the progesterone until AF is actually due? and 2. Does this automatically count me out for this cycle? I'm trying to stay positive, but meh. Thanks!
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

Yellow_ I hope you have a nice O and a beautiful BFP to show for it.

Gwenn_ I agree that its not to early for symptoms. With my last pregnancy I was getting up 3x a night for a week before for I tested + one day before AF was do. I'm hopeful for you.

Katie_ Thursday can't get here soon enough. I wondered earlier today when you would be testing.

Jen_ I would continue until AF fully shows. If you have dtd resently that could cause spotting as progesterone always seems to make my cervix sensative. Also, some women do have some spotting with implantation so for those reasons I would not count you out. I hope this is your cycle.

Jen, I agree, I would take the progesterone until your 1st day of full flow. Hopefully the spotting is just implantation -- stay away AF!!!