Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stc net

Default Stc net

So we have a pretty good dialogue going in the anybody there thread but I thought it would be nice to make a general thread...a never ending thread where we can keep tabs and just chat. That way any new people can jump right in and feel welcome!

I'm in! I think that's just what this room needs.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I just said in the Anybody thread to keep posting so I can keep up so I'm in. I'll test Wed if Af doesn't show. According to a 28 cycle I'm now late but since they changed my thyroid meds I've kinda been jump around btw 28-30 days.

I need to call the doc's office to get my Clomid Rx. Will start tomorrow.

So can we post anything in here? Here is what's on my mind today...

Today was such a crazy busy day at work for me! I am a physical therapist, managing an outpatient clinic, and I have 2 employees who have quit within the past week, one more on vacation, and one in the hospital. I like to be busy but doing 5 people's work is a little much!! And I had to manage to get out of the clinic for my RE appt today, and half a dozen phone calls to the pharmacy. By the time I left work all I wanted was a glass of wine! But instead I called my friend who is about to go through IVF and vented to her for a bit. Then I came home to DS and DH having a dance party in the family room. Lol! Made my day.

Also, I'm sorry if I forget to hide my siggy. I don't have any pics on it or anything but I'm not sure what the rules are for mention of kids in this room. So, if I have offended anyone, I'm sorry.

That sounds like a crazy day! I hope some of your staff comes back soon!

I know there have been discussions in the past. I think the big no-no in here is pregnancy tickers. Either way, I haven't been offended by anyone's ticker in here yet, so I'm sure you're fine.

I'm off work for the summer (I work for the school district) so while on a budget to pay for infertility treatments, and without kids, my life is pretty boring until I go back to work and have something to do and talk about! So I apologize if I'm not sharing as much as I could! I do like to write in my spare time, and had a novel-in-progress that I stopped working on a while ago when I got bogged down with all my personal stuff going on. I'm trying to get back into it, because one of the things I like most about having the summers off is having that freedom to do what I love. But it's hard when you're focusing on infertility treatments at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post

Today was such a crazy busy day at work for me! I am a physical therapist, managing an outpatient clinic, and I have 2 employees who have quit within the past week, one more on vacation, and one in the hospital. I like to be busy but doing 5 people's work is a little much!! And I had to manage to get out of the clinic for my RE appt today, and half a dozen phone calls to the pharmacy. By the time I left work all I wanted was a glass of wine! But instead I called my friend who is about to go through IVF and vented to her for a bit. Then I came home to DS and DH having a dance party in the family room. Lol! Made my day.

Also, I'm sorry if I forget to hide my siggy. I don't have any pics on it or anything but I'm not sure what the rules are for mention of kids in this room. So, if I have offended anyone, I'm sorry.
    Hope you get some staff back soon. Working short handed is hard. Thanks for mentioning the siggy thing because I also sometimes forget....and also do not mean to upset anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    That sounds like a crazy day! I hope some of your staff comes back soon!

I know there have been discussions in the past. I think the big no-no in here is pregnancy tickers. Either way, I haven't been offended by anyone's ticker in here yet, so I'm sure you're fine.

I'm off work for the summer (I work for the school district) so while on a budget to pay for infertility treatments, and without kids, my life is pretty boring until I go back to work and have something to do and talk about! So I apologize if I'm not sharing as much as I could! I do like to write in my spare time, and had a novel-in-progress that I stopped working on a while ago when I got bogged down with all my personal stuff going on. I'm trying to get back into it, because one of the things I like most about having the summers off is having that freedom to do what I love. But it's hard when you're focusing on infertility treatments at the same time.
    A novel... That is so cool....I am not much of a writer but am so envious of those that are. Perhaps bringing that joy back into your life would help your TTC. Or if not perhaps journaling your TTC journey would be a way to merry your love of writing with TTC.

As for me... I am still working my big stretch...ugh! My life is boring this week....work/sleep and repeat. I am feeling gassy and peeing a lot but think it is likely the end of the trigger and also my progesterone I am taking.....cause it is way too soon for real symptoms.
    Last edited by Yellow; 07-10-2012 at 12:39 AM.

I'm not offended by any kind of siggy but they alway give me hope so thats why I'm not offended. I am so sorry work is crazy right now, I hope things get better soon.
    Last edited by auntmommy; 07-10-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow View Post
    As for me... I am still working my big stretch...ugh! My life is boring this week....work/sleep and repeat. I am feeling gassy and peeing a lot but think it is likely the end of the trigger and also my progesterone I am taking.....cause it is way too soon for real symptoms.
    Ugh, I hate how gassy I get from the trigger shot.

One of my close friends told me Saturday that she was pg... then today she told me she had a m/c. I feel so bad for her. This would have been their first child. They tried for 6 months to get preggo, now she has to have surgery to remove a fibroid and will have to wait 4 months before trying again. I hate that she has to go through this I have another friend who is doing IVF in Sept, and another who will do a FET this fall. Crazy how many people I know that are having fertility issues. :/
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)

One of my close friends told me Saturday that she was pg... then today she told me she had a m/c. I feel so bad for her. This would have been their first child. They tried for 6 months to get preggo, now she has to have surgery to remove a fibroid and will have to wait 4 months before trying again. I hate that she has to go through this I have another friend who is doing IVF in Sept, and another who will do a FET this fall. Crazy how many people I know that are having fertility issues. :/
    Sorry to hear about your friend.... Losses are so tough! I just found out my youngest cousin is pregnant, unplanned, with her boyfriend. Ugh.... Sometimes it just seems so unfair how some struggle and others don't. I just have to trust that it will happen when it is meant too.

So did any of you that took progesterone supplements from ovulation through the 2ww find that they caused you symptoms? With DD I only started the supplements after my BFP so I had symptoms but was pregnant so I attributed it to that. I assume it must be as my trigger is likely starting to leave and it is too early for real preg symptoms. I am 7dpt/6dpo today. Just curious.

It is hard. My cousin, who is 10 years younger than me, got married the same summer I did. We talked about kids at the time and she said she wanted to wait 5 years before kids, because she was young and still in college. DH and I wanted to try right away. Three weeks later, I heard she was pregnant. She's had two more unplanned pregnancies since then, while I am still TTC my first. In fact, her newest baby was born the day I had my chemical. I love her, but I have had to keep my distance. I just couldn't deal with it up close.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 07-11-2012 at 10:59 PM.

So did any of you that took progesterone supplements from ovulation through the 2ww find that they caused you symptoms? With DD I only started the supplements after my BFP so I had symptoms but was pregnant so I attributed it to that. I assume it must be as my trigger is likely starting to leave and it is too early for real preg symptoms. I am 7dpt/6dpo today. Just curious.
    Sorry I'm not much help... the only symptoms I had were sore bb's and some indigestion, but I didn't even think much of those at the time. I don't know if they were because of the progesterone or not? What symptoms are you having?

Sorry I'm not much help... the only symptoms I had were sore bb's and some indigestion, but I didn't even think much of those at the time. I don't know if they were because of the progesterone or not? What symptoms are you having?
    Well my boobs have been sore, headaches, feeling tired and going to the bathroom a lot. I also have had some nausea in the mornings when I get out of work the past 2 mornings, but still almost feel hungry at the same time. I tested out my trigger and today with FMU there was pretty much no line there so I know it isn't trigger. I assume it must be the progesterone.... Which is good and likely means my levels are good with the supplements.

Progesterone no matter when I've done it makes me feel pregnant. I do believe when I'm pregnant it makes my symptoms stronger.

Gwenn, I am so sorry about your cousin, it could be my story. My cousin has had 2 in the time I've been trying and she is not understanding at all or does she use wisdom when discussing pregnancies around me. Once she asked me which of us had the problem, me or my husband. Then with my last pregnancy when we announce at 8 wks because we had seen the babies heartbeat and felt safe she said, Well you still are in the danger zone but good luck. If it wasn't against the law I might have caused her some physical harm. URGH!

Quote Originally Posted by auntmommy View Post
    Progesterone no matter when I've done it makes me feel pregnant. I do believe when I'm pregnant it makes my symptoms stronger.

Gwenn, I am so sorry about your cousin, it could be my story. My cousin has had 2 in the time I've been trying and she is not understanding at all or does she use wisdom when discussing pregnancies around me. Once she asked me which of us had the problem, me or my husband. Then with my last pregnancy when we announce at 8 wks because we had seen the babies heartbeat and felt safe she said, Well you still are in the danger zone but good luck. If it wasn't against the law I might have caused her some physical harm. URGH!
    Urgh is right! I'm so sorry she treated you that way.

On the subject of annoying things people say - my mother once asked me if DH really wanted kids. As though, somehow if he wanted them, we wouldn't be having IF problems. She was serious, too.

I hope you ladies dont mind me jumping in here!!
    So I am irritated. My stupid cycle is almost 70 days. This will be the longest it has been in a very long time! Ugh!
    But I am excited to say that today I started my weight loss program through my doctor! I need to lose about 60-70 pounds. Been struggling for a very long time with it. I want to lose the weight before we start trying again!
    *Sara-27**Lee-27* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

Quote Originally Posted by KMPsMom040711 View Post
    I hope you ladies dont mind me jumping in here!!
    So I am irritated. My stupid cycle is almost 70 days. This will be the longest it has been in a very long time! Ugh!
    But I am excited to say that today I started my weight loss program through my doctor! I need to lose about 60-70 pounds. Been struggling for a very long time with it. I want to lose the weight before we start trying again!
    Good to see you Sara! Sorry about the 70 day cycle. That sucks!!! Good luck with your weight loss program. Are you having a surgery or is the doctor managing your weight loss through less invasive means? (If you care to share that is )

Hi ladies, hope you are all having a nice weekend! I have been feeling some twinges in my abdomen today so I hope that I am growing some follies and that my count is better tomorrow! I go for b/w at 9am then they will call me to tell me what dosage of Follistim to keep taking, and hopefully I will be scheduling an u/s for early to mid next week. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Ooh, good luck! KUP

Smile

Hi ladies, hope you are all having a nice weekend! I have been feeling some twinges in my abdomen today so I hope that I am growing some follies and that my count is better tomorrow! I go for b/w at 9am then they will call me to tell me what dosage of Follistim to keep taking, and hopefully I will be scheduling an u/s for early to mid next week. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
    Hope you follies are growing nice and big!! KUP about your blood work. FX!

So far the weekend has been good. We took our DD out on the jet ski, only going slow though, but she seemed to like it but after about 30 mins kept saying "done" lol. Thats ok though because mommy was feeling done too... I just wasnt feeling it, was tired and had a headache, but went because DH was really looking forward to going. Tomorrow will be grocery shopping and house chores then when DH gets home from work we are going over to the neighbors to go swimming. I slept terrible last night...woke up at 5 am and couldn't get back to sleep. I read for awhile then went back to sleep. Then I napped when DD slept. UGH.... Hope that doesn't happen again....it is probably from working so many nights in a row my sleep schedule gets wacky.

I can't wait for Friday....not sure if I will test wed or not....or if I should just wait....who knows...I will see when it gets closer.

Hope everybody else is having a good weekend.

Good to see you Sara! Sorry about the 70 day cycle. That sucks!!! Good luck with your weight loss program. Are you having a surgery or is the doctor managing your weight loss through less invasive means? (If you care to share that is )
    No surgery. I don't want to go that route. They will just been watching my food journals and I will go in every month to weigh in. I am ready to lose the weight so we can start trying next year like planned right now!

Fingers crossed for you dear! I hope everything goes well!
    *Sara-27**Lee-27* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

Yellow, do you have a beta scheduled for Friday? Fingers crossed for you!!! Are you having pg symptoms or is it too hard to tell bc of the progesterone? I will be stalking Wed to see if you decide to test!

Sara, sounds like a great weight loss plan! Will you start trying when Kaylee is 2?

AFM - my bloodwork came back this afternoon and the nurse said my numbers are rising. I will stay on Follistim 75iu the next 2 nights then go in for u/s Tuesday morning! Come on big follies!!! lol

Can't wait to hear your u/s results!

Yellow, I'm stalking! Friday seems like such a long time!

Yellow, do you have a beta scheduled for Friday? Fingers crossed for you!!! Are you having pg symptoms or is it too hard to tell bc of the progesterone? I will be stalking Wed to see if you decide to test!

Sara, sounds like a great weight loss plan! Will you start trying when Kaylee is 2?

AFM - my bloodwork came back this afternoon and the nurse said my numbers are rising. I will stay on Follistim 75iu the next 2 nights then go in for u/s Tuesday morning! Come on big follies!!! lol
    No beta scheduled...they told me to call if no period by the 20th. I would also call if I got a positive test. I feel a few symptoms but it is hard to tell if it is the progesterone or not. I guess time will tell. I will update you ladies if I decide to test before Friday.

Yeah for your numbers rising!! Can't wait to hear about your big follies on Tuesday. It will give me some diversion this week.

Sara: welcome and good luck with your weight loss!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Can't wait to hear your u/s results!

Yellow, I'm stalking! Friday seems like such a long time!
    I know right..... Darn 2ww.

Thanks! I am so excited. Yes we plan to start trying when Kaylee turns 2. Only 9 more months! I am in baby fever mode though. Good thing my sister is due here in a few weeks so I can get through that without our own!

Good luck with the U/S on Tuesday!! Hope for some big follies!

No beta scheduled...they told me to call if no period by the 20th. I would also call if I got a positive test. I feel a few symptoms but it is hard to tell if it is the progesterone or not. I guess time will tell. I will update you ladies if I decide to test before Friday.

Yeah for your numbers rising!! Can't wait to hear about your big follies on Tuesday. It will give me some diversion this week.

Sara: welcome and good luck with your weight loss!
    Thanks!! Good luck with your testing! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks ladies for all the well wishes! I definitely feel like something is going on - twinges and fullness in my abdomen. I don't remember feeling that before! Or maybe I just forgot, because it's been 2 years! I will be sure to update tomorrow. Hoping for IUI sometime around the weekend!

Yellow -- I agree, Friday does seem like a long way away!! You could always test early...