Thread: One year

Hybrid View

No, I don't know any of the Jersey Shore cast.

Default One year

My mom has been gone for one year. Sometimes I don't think I'm any better than where I started after her passing. Every day I go to call her and remember- I can't. It feels like I can't breathe, like I'm stuck in a hopeless, bottomless void. I just want to hug her, to hear her laugh over something silly like she used to. My dad used to roll his eyes at us because we would laugh for ages over something so ridiculous!
    I just want her back, to enjoy the beautiful granddaughter she so desperately wanted.

My mom has been gone for eight years and I still reach for the phone to call her. I don't think you ever get over losing your momma. I remember my mom talking about her mom, missing her so much. I think it does get a little easier. But I think about her every day.

Big hugs to you
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

Quote Originally Posted by DarkandtheWild View Post
    My mom has been gone for one year. Sometimes I don't think I'm any better than where I started after her passing. Every day I go to call her and remember- I can't. It feels like I can't breathe, like I'm stuck in a hopeless, bottomless void. I just want to hug her, to hear her laugh over something silly like she used to. My dad used to roll his eyes at us because we would laugh for ages over something so ridiculous!
    I just want her back, to enjoy the beautiful granddaughter she so desperately wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post

My mom has been gone for eight years and I still reach for the phone to call her. I don't think you ever get over losing your momma.
    I agree 100%! I miss my momma just as much today as I did when she died nearly 15 years ago. There are days I wonder how I am able to survive without her! She was my rock, she helped me with all my problems. I need her more today than I ever thought I would need her and it devastates me that she was never able to meet my twins. She would have adored them! to you, I wish I could tell you it gets easier...but I don't feel like it does
    Dee Dee, Mom to 2 handsome young men & 2 beautiful girls!

Wife to Daniel. Mommy to Marilyn 4/02, Clay 3/08 and Dennis 10/11.

shawn&issacsmom Guest

i lost my mother to cancer 2 days before my new baby boy shawn turned 3 months old. some days are good and the days when he does omething new i ache because i cant just call her and tell her. he started sleeping through the night the saturday asfter she passed. hes since started rolling over, trying to crawl and is cutting his first teeth. every day without her there is a huge hole in my heart.

in loving memory of janet louise mack 4-18-2012

I just cannot imagine
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

tradechick Guest

OM goodness..that got to be hard..I'm sure she was an awesum person