I have 18 months until DH and I start TTC #2, so I need to get going on this weight loss thing. I have to lose 11 lbs. to get to a healthy weight (159 lbs. – I’m 5’ 7”) and 40 lbs. to get to my goal weight of 130.
I’ve been walking 30 minutes every day on my lunch break, as part of a health initiative at work. I plan on also:
- Trying to get in at least 30 minutes each day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work
- Trying to stick to 1200 calories a day.
- More veggies, protein and whole foods in general; less carbs
- 8 to 10 glasses of water a day
DD is still nursing, but more for comfort – she’s on solids and nurses only in the morning, when I get home from work and to go to sleep at night.
My biggest obstacles are the vending machine at work. I load up on carbs – pretzels, especially. Plus I have a Diet Pepsi habit that’s been hard to break.
This morning I weighed 170.5. I am going to weigh in every Friday morning. In the past, I’ve weighed myself every day, which can be depressing!