Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I hate to say that I'm here.

Default Well I hate to say that I'm here.

My 8 mo. old boy suffocated yesterday morning in our bed. He wedged himself between the head board and mattress. It was so sad and shocking pulling him out of there when I woke up not knowing if he was ok or how long he had been there....needless to say he didn't survive. He was so precious and sweet. He LOVED his Mommy, Daddy, brother and sister so much. And we love him so much too. DS is 4 and is questioning things but DD is 10 and is having a hard time. Any advice on how to help DD through this will be much appreciated. I will be around and may not post much but I am nevertheless here.... His burial will be Thursday morning. We went to see him at the funeral home tonight and they let me hold his precious little body(they wouldn't let me before the autopsy when he first went to the hospital). He was just so sweet and we don't even know what to do now. One day at a time sounds so cliche but I guess that's what it will be....we will take it one day at a time.

Anyway, I am very sad to join the rest of you here. I never thought I would become a part of this group.
    Wife to Daniel. Mommy to Marilyn 4/02, Clay 3/08 and Dennis 10/11.

2. Default

Honey, my heart is breaking for you. I can't imagine your pain and I'm sorry to say I have no words. I just wanted to offer my condolences and thoughts for your sweet, handsome boy.
    - Krystle (31) DH: Jason (34) DS: Isaac 4/22/12

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how shocking and painful your experience has been, but I think that your DD (and everyone in your family) would benefit from grief counseling. Sudden and unexpected tragic events can bring about Post-traumatic stress disorder in both kiddos and adults too, even months after the loss.
    Huge hugs and healing vibes for your family.

We are here for you when you need to kick scream and cry...Many prayers

I dress myself!

I'm so sorry for your loss. i do agree with a previous poster that professional grief counseling would be a start to helping your DD and the rest of you through this time. again.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. Please do see a professional, and don't hesitate to take advantage of local support groups and even the APA Pregnancy and Infant Loss section can help when you need someone to talk to, especially during non-business hours when things often feel worse.

I am so very sorry for your loss. No one should ever have to experience what you have. I agree with the others that going straight to counseling would be best for all of you.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you. I agree that a professional counselor could help.

OMG. My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry.
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

I've been thinking about you and your sweet little boy ever since I read about this yestersday. My heart just breaks for you. Please do seek some counseling to help you and your family deal with all of this.

Oh my gosh, Ashley. I am so so so so so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

**Lizzo**

I am so sorry for your loss.

Sara (35), wife to Nick (34), mom to Ainsley (2/22/09) and Raegan (1/15/12)
    Friend me on Facebook

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be my thoughts.
    Shelley-mom to DS, 6

I'm so very sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lauren (29) Wife of 10 years to J.R.(30) Mom to Bayleigh (8) & Jack (3)

Prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry.

I wish I could think of something more comforting than to just say that I'm sorry for your loss. (hugs)

The pain and heartache must be agonizing. I'm SO very sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family. Prayers and hugs.
    ~Andrea~

So sorry for your loss. How awful. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Heather-36 , Dh-34, Ds-11, Dd-5 our IVF baby & Dd-3 our surprise baby. Expecting # 4 in January 2014!!

I am so, so sorry

You and your family are in my thoughts

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (Almost 7, 5, 3.5, 21 months)

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something that I could do to help.

My thoughts are with you and your family. I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    Jess, Jake, Ella & Gemma

I'm so sorry for the loss of your little man!

I'm so very sorry.
    Becky

I am so sorry! I agree with the others who have recommended you seek grief counseling along with the kids. My heart goes out to you!
    Dee Dee, Mom to 2 handsome young men & 2 beautiful girls!

I don't even know what to say.

I'm so, so sorry.

I am so very sorry - .

I'm not sure about your area but there are some camps around me for children who have lost siblings. I know the bereavement coordinator at the hospital my son passed away at was a great resource for information about my dd (2.5 at the time) and for my husband and myself. I know others have given the advice of grief counseling which I did try but the thing I found most helpful was a great infant death support group - it helped so much to talk to other people who could relate to a lot of my feelings. I was also told for counseling to make sure you find someone who specializes in grief as that can make a big difference.

Prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

Carrie Lin