Thread: Newly pregnant with twins and so exhausted!

Default Newly pregnant with twins and so exhausted!

Hi there! I am almost 8 weeks pregnant with twins and am so incredibly tired! I have four children and have never felt this level of exhaustion with the other pregnancies! I know having four kids at home can add to my tiredness but this is crazy. My question is, does this kind of exhaustion level off or was it this way your whole pregnancy?

Hi! I am only 11 weeks and a few days - so I am not sure about the leveling off but I am right there with you on the exhaustion! I get up normally around 0730...nap from 1400-1600 and then am back in bed by 2130! Crazy!

My energy picked up in the second trimester and was decent through third trimester. I delivered at 33 Weeks with both my sets of twins so can't speak for the very very end of third trimester.
    Hang in there.

My energy picked up as time went on until I hit 30 weeks and then, I started the exhaustion all over again!
    Dee Dee, Mom to 2 handsome young men & 2 beautiful girls!

Sakura Guest

I was definitely more tired pregnant with two than with one, even though I did have some second trimester energy. I was completely exhausted the last trimester (I carried the girls 38w4d) and I would try to sit or lay down as much as I possibly could with two other children running around.

I am tired. I was crazy, exhausted, in-a-haze tired in the first trimester. It's not that bad now, but I still feel like resting a lot. I don't think it's going to get any better from here. Luckily I'll get some sleeping-in for the next 8 weeks until dh goes back to teach for the next school year.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Congratulations!! I had back issues but other than that, I felt pretty good the second trimester. I just remember being so exhausted at the beginning and at the end.
    My 3 yo cuties!

The first trimester is foggy...I mostly slept. I'm in the 2nd and if I don't do too much and/exercise I feel pretty good. If I over do it I'm exhausted. That being said I am starting to have rougher days...these are my 1st/2nd so can't compare but do think the 3rd trimester I'll probably try to sleep through although not very easily

With my DS, the exhaustion ended during the 2nd trimester, but with the twins, that hasn't happened yet. I'm 20 wks and still need to lie down in the afternoons and will catch a short nap any chance I get. As a PP said, I don't think it will get any better than this. It was MUCH WORSE in the 1st trimester so I can feel the improvement, but it's not as good as it was with a singleton.

I was definatly more tired with my twins then with my first two pregnancies. For me, there really wasn't much difference between 1st and second trimester.

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com

This is a great thread! This is my first pregnancy so I don't have anything to compare to, but I am EXHAUSTED. I am 6 weeks tomorrow and just found out today on my first sonogram that I am carrying twins. I am an "older" mom-to-be so I wonder if age makes any difference.
    Jenn (38)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sakura Guest

Quote Originally Posted by first_time_at_38 View Post
    This is a great thread! This is my first pregnancy so I don't have anything to compare to, but I am EXHAUSTED. I am 6 weeks tomorrow and just found out today on my first sonogram that I am carrying twins. I am an "older" mom-to-be so I wonder if age makes any difference.
    Congrats, Jenn!

Thank you, Amanda! I am so happy to be here!!
    Jenn (38)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I found that I was exhausted throughout the 1st trimester and it got better in the 2nd, pretty much the same as it was with my singleton. The 3rd trimester was a lot harder w/twins, though. I was just so HUGE.

My twins were my first pregnancy and I wasn't too exhausted, a little more so with my singleton but I was a few years older and caring for two 3 year olds! ;) I would suggest trying to get in some sort of prenatal exercise program or walking. The endorphins released from exercise really help me keep up my energy even though I am not getting much sleep!

i can totally understand your point, i am 6 weeks pregnant with twins and i am so tried, i have already 3 other children including a 3 year old all singletons and this pregnancy is far more exhausting but i believe some mother have added problems which dont help as i have a twin already in trouble and may not make it so when i do sleep i have bad dreams, but from what i have read and heard about your tiredness should get better so keep your chin up and it would last forever GOOD LUCK

Quote Originally Posted by first_time_at_38 View Post
    Grats! I just had my twins at 40, was able to carry them to 37 weeks. I was ridiculously sick the first trimester, and had horrible swollen feet the last month and a half, but other than that a fairly normal pregnancy. I was even able to control my GD through diet only. Let me know if you have any questions.

Todays avatar was brought to you by shirtwoot!