So, I am being induced tomorrow. With DS1, I waited too long (10 hours) to get the epidural as I was trying for the natural approach and also concerned that the epi would prolong an already long labor. As it turned out, it actually sped up labor for me. B/c of how low I was carrying DS1, I was feeling the urge to push at 5 cm, so was having to tense my body to prevent pushing which was impeding the contractions from doing what they were supposed to- so I got stuck at 5 cm for several hours and then again stuck at 7 cm for several hours. Once I got the epi, it took just 2 hours to go from 7 to 10 cm.
So, anyway, I am carrying this little man very low as well- perhaps even lower than DS1. I am concerned about the same experience repeating itself.
And I am wondering what people's experiences with getting epis with inductions has been. I definitely don't want to get it too early and risk not having full strength for pushing- especially since LO is measuring about 8.5 lbs now whereas DS1 measured only 7 lbs 2 oz and took 3 hours of pushing. But, I also don't want to wait too late and then not be able to get an epi given that pitocin may make labor progress faster than with DS1.
If you were induced and got an epi, when did you get your epi? How did that work for you? I know everyone is different and the decision has to be completely mine, but wanted to at least see what others may have experienced to help me decide.