Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monthly Challenge

No JM workout for me, but I did a lot of walking this weekend. Also played Kinnect Adventure with my son for 20 minutes. I swear I was sweating bullets after that

Had a good circuit training class today and aiming for a strength training session tomorrow with the focus on upper body as I had enough legs today!

Nothing for me over the weekend, it was the end of my spring break so I traveled back home, unpacked and got settled for the week. Planning to hopefully do my JM video tonight!

I didn't do much either. Worked out on Friday night, but DD has a cold and is up all the time, so not really getting the break needed to get any actual working out in.

I haven't made it to mfp yet. Sun- we went to the zoo & took a long walk. Mon, the boys & I took a 2 mile stroller walk. Tues- not much. We'll get out again tomorrow!
    My 3 yo cuties!

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

I didn't make it to spin last night. I am nursing a rough cold and instead went on a short easy walk with the kids and dogs. Spin early this morning, though. And just did an hour of intense cleaning and furniture shuffling. I am debating tomorrow's spin class and/or Thursday morning. I have a ton of packing to do for our trip on Friday so I might just go for the Wed evening one and hit the gym Thursday evening on my own.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Good job ladies. 3 days in a row of work out....different kinds so excited about that.

Will probably take an active rest day tomorrow (walk on the treadmill at constant pace for about 45 mins). Looking forward to some upperbody workout today with some cardio bursts.

So I've had one day so far of exercise this week (Monday). Will hopefully get in at least 30 minutes today (provided my burn permits, it's hurting pretty bad today). I will workout tomorrow and Friday as well and then one day this weekend, for a total of five days. Hoping this helps boost my weight loss and gets me out of this non-moving scale rut!
    Julie (Mom of 3)

I've realized that I can't take any actual rest days where I do nothing, because then it gets really hard to get started again. After two days off over the weekend, I've worked out all three weekdays now. Also ordered a few DVDs to supplement the streaming Netflix videos. I'm just going to do yoga (the kind that's for aches and pains) on my rest day.

I took the boys on a good stroller walk and then I planted some bushes when we got home. The bushes were by far the more strenuous activity! I keep looking for ways to keep moving that are fun for the boys, too.
    My 3 yo cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn08 View Post
    I took the boys on a good stroller walk and then I planted some bushes when we got home. The bushes were by far the more strenuous activity! I keep looking for ways to keep moving that are fun for the boys, too.
    Yeah, I input some 'gardening' into MFP this past weekend and MAN, you burn some calories doing that. At least according to MFP.
    Julie (Mom of 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I've realized that I can't take any actual rest days where I do nothing, because then it gets really hard to get started again. After two days off over the weekend, I've worked out all three weekdays now. Also ordered a few DVDs to supplement the streaming Netflix videos. I'm just going to do yoga (the kind that's for aches and pains) on my rest day.
    I am the same way...I don't like RESTING as it gets me jittery and spoils my routine. But I do know that after 3 days of active workout, my body definiltey needs to rest so I am going to do low impact exercise like walking or constant pace eliptical to stay and feel active but just not push myself to my 100%. Hence the term active rest day

I walked outside/down our road with the kids for 40 minutes yesterday. Day 3 of 5. It was awesome! Only downfall was that I don't have a HRM and MFP's "Walking while pushing/pulling stroller with child" did not show a big burn. I think I may have done WAYY more than that. I was pushing my three kids, totalling around 105 lbs. in a double stroller up plenty of hills. Oh well. I stopped eating my exercise calories anyway, so at least I know I burned more. Today is gym day and the kids and I will be going for another walk tomorrow around the local University for however long it takes us to talk around it, but at least 30 minutes. Sunday will be my rest day!
    Julie (Mom of 3)

We took stroller walks yesterday & today. I also did some more planting yesterday. Not sure what we're doing this weekend yet- I'm sure that we will get out someplace fun at least one day
    My 3 yo cuties!

SO fun you guys!!! I am so happy we are all making an effort to move and get our 5 times a week workouts.

I am at 5 today, if I count the 45 minute walk at medium pace I will still try to get something active over the weekend but I am happy I met the challenge.

So what's up for next week...suggestions??

I did lots of walking this weekend. I watched my niece this weekend and we had the double stroller so we took lots of walks to get out of the house.

Wady, I was coming in here to ask that too. I've been trying to think of a new challenge for April this week. So far I have... nothing.

What about trying something new each week. A new exercise move, a new recipe, a new good healthy habit? It doesnt have to be something you do every day or all month. And it can be something small. Just making yourself try something new is always a good way to get outside of our comfort zone and push ourselves. What do you think?

Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

Love it! Great idea....anything new health related would get us all to be experimental with a new recipe,new workout, a new habit...totally doable but something we just don't do because who likes change? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wady24 View Post
    Love it! Great idea....anything new health related would get us all to be experimental with a new recipe,new workout, a new habit...totally doable but something we just don't do because who likes change? ;)
    Great! I've updated the original post.

It's April! Can't wait to hear what all of your new healthy habits are. I need to think of what I am going to do this week....

Can I join in on this challenge??
    *Sara-27**Lee-27* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

Quote Originally Posted by KMPsMom040711 View Post
    The more the merrier!

So on Sun, I got on the treadmill for 45 min the first time since the boys were born! I have had a couple false starts before but never made it without being interrupted. That's not really new for me b/c I have done treadmill for years so I'm going to come up with something really new for this week.
    My 3 yo cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by KMPsMom040711 View Post
    Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn08 View Post
    The more the merrier!

So on Sun, I got on the treadmill for 45 min the first time since the boys were born! I have had a couple false starts before but never made it without being interrupted. That's not really new for me b/c I have done treadmill for years so I'm going to come up with something really new for this week.
    That is awesome! Has to make you feel great!

I am just starting out to work out. So my new thing for this week is walking for 30 minutes every single day. Hoping I can do more, but I am going to shoot for 30!
    *Sara-27**Lee-27* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

My new thing for this week is getting more sleep! I tend to be really erratic and I know sleep can have an effect on weight. I just came off spring break which had me in an all kinda of crazy schedule so starting tonight, bed by 10 and up by 5 every day. This will work for my spinning days and also allow me to get in a workout video at home on MWF when I don't have spin!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I decided my new thing will be to work out outside and soak up some of this glorious sunshine this week! I walked outside today for 55 minutes. It feels nice to get out of the office.

My new thing for this week will be to get my 1gm of protein for my Lean body mass...sorry this is too technical but I am kicking up my strength training starting this week and in order for it to show the results I need to get in atleast 100gms of protein everyday. It is definitely doable but just something I have been a little lazy about.

Good luck to you all!

newmom84, I wish I could say the same thing about the sun...it is gorgeous day today though but it has been miserable over the weekend so a little jealous

My new thing this week, even though I am a little late, is going to be to do my exercise on the treadmill. I usually do the stationary bike and I think I am getting too comfortable and not pushing myself.

I even did some running on there today so I am pretty proud of myself. I hate to run!