Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 56

Thread: Monthly Challenge

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Super secret lair... Mwahahahaha!
    Posts
    839

    Default Monthly Challenge

    Ok ladies, here it is! I know we will all kick butt! Keep us updated on what you are doing and how you are doing on the challenge each week.



    MARCH CHALLENGE:
    Exercise 5 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes (Movement of any kind is acceptable, i.e. playing with kiddos, walking the dog, cleaning the house)

    APRIL CHALLENGE
    Try something new! (Each week try something that you have never done before. For example a new exercise move, a new recipe or a new healthy habit.)
    Last edited by newmom84; 03-27-2012 at 02:30 PM.

    Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

  2. #2

    Default

    Does smacking on my food for thirty minutes count as exercise? If so, put me down for like 3 hours of exercise today!
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lillismom View Post
    Does smacking on my food for thirty minutes count as exercise? If so, put me down for like 3 hours of exercise today!



    I got an hour of spinning in bright (or rather dark!) and early this morning at 5:30. Tomorrow is a YoPi yoga/Pilates class and then another spin class on Saturday plus I'll be all kinds of busy all day Saturday with girls' school carnival I'm chairing.

    ETA: I'm going to unstick the old challenge thread and sticky this one instead

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    I have about 50 minutes of Pilates scheduled for today. I am sitting at my chair with resistance bands wrapped around my legs. I figured we'll do something with them instead of having the legs just sit there, being useless.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lillismom View Post
    Does smacking on my food for thirty minutes count as exercise? If so, put me down for like 3 hours of exercise today!
    I was seriously scratching my head. I read...does smacking my food for thirty minutes count as exercise? I was like HUH?! Realized you mean 'snacking on my food'. LOL
    Julie (Mom of 3)

  6. #6

    Default

    Does this start today? I ask, because it will mess me up. I don't normally do anything on the weekends and would rather m-f. If we wait to start at the beginning of the week, everyone will have their 7 days to choose from to which days they will exercise. Thoughts, everyone?
    Julie (Mom of 3)

  7. #7

    Default

    I'm in! I've mostly finished losing weight so i'm working on feeling more fit thru good food choices & exercise.

    This should be good motivation for me!
    My 3 yo cuties!

  8. #8

    Default

    Yet another question from me...are we going to check in here daily to 'log' our exercise for the day OR are we all becoming friends on MFP to hold each other accountable to track it?!
    Julie (Mom of 3)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coruscate View Post
    Yet another question from me...are we going to check in here daily to 'log' our exercise for the day OR are we all becoming friends on MFP to hold each other accountable to track it?!
    I have MFP...but haven't used it in forever. I was trying to do it alongside my WW but the two don't really equal out. But I'm up for at least using the community function to check in if that's what everyone is going to do.

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  10. #10

    Default

    No, I actually meant smackin' on my food for 30 minutes.
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    LRAFB
    Posts
    4,633

    Default

    Count me in, Amanda! I really need to get in shape before my vacation in June!


  12. #12

    Default

    LMAO! Gotcha! You're too funny!
    Julie (Mom of 3)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Super secret lair... Mwahahahaha!
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Just did 35 minutes on the stationary bike at work and then did some strength training!

    Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I have about 50 minutes of Pilates scheduled for today. I am sitting at my chair with resistance bands wrapped around my legs. I figured we'll do something with them instead of having the legs just sit there, being useless.
    Do you just have short resistance bands and then just spread your legs apart? I'm trying to picture it because I would be interested in this. I sit at my desk all day and this would be great. I try to do butt clenches as much as I can when I think about it.

    Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Super secret lair... Mwahahahaha!
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coruscate View Post
    Does this start today? I ask, because it will mess me up. I don't normally do anything on the weekends and would rather m-f. If we wait to start at the beginning of the week, everyone will have their 7 days to choose from to which days they will exercise. Thoughts, everyone?
    I think whenever you want to start is good! Plus hopefully more people will filter in so we will all be off a little bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by EttyBaby View Post
    Count me in, Amanda! I really need to get in shape before my vacation in June!
    You got to get all sexy so you can snag a cute Scottish guy.

    Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newmom84 View Post
    Do you just have short resistance bands and then just spread your legs apart? I'm trying to picture it because I would be interested in this. I sit at my desk all day and this would be great. I try to do butt clenches as much as I can when I think about it.
    I have the regular bands. What I've done is to bring it around my back, cross it in the front (I'm short and the band is a tad long), and put the hand grips on my feet. I can bend my knees and extend, lift up my knees towards the body and lower, "pretend walk", spread the legs, and because I'm also leaving it on when I get up, get something out of that as well. I'm noticing that I move around more because I'm aware of it.

  16. #16

    Default

    I am in! I have worked out 2 times since MOnday and have a workout scheduled in the next 1.5 hrs. This challenge will push me to get in the extra one over the weekend I desperately need. I wish I could go for active walks with my LO but the stupid weather in Seattle is getting on my nerves!!!! Rain, rain and more rain. Well till then, will just have to workout at the gym.

    Good luck ladies!


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    LRAFB
    Posts
    4,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newmom84 View Post
    You got to get all sexy so you can snag a cute Scottish guy.
    My thoughts exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by wady24 View Post
    I wish I could go for active walks with my LO but the stupid weather in Seattle is getting on my nerves!!!! Rain, rain and more rain. Well till then, will just have to workout at the gym.
    Isn't the weather terrible?! We've been cooped up inside all week.


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,542

    Default

    I'm down in Salem and we are starting to flood again like we did a month or two ago. No end in sight to the rain! I can't wait until the rain at least lets up. I don't need sun everyday, but at least some dry days to go out in!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Super secret lair... Mwahahahaha!
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    I have the regular bands. What I've done is to bring it around my back, cross it in the front (I'm short and the band is a tad long), and put the hand grips on my feet. I can bend my knees and extend, lift up my knees towards the body and lower, "pretend walk", spread the legs, and because I'm also leaving it on when I get up, get something out of that as well. I'm noticing that I move around more because I'm aware of it.
    Okay I can picture it now. Cool, I will have to get me some bands this weekend. Thanks for the idea!

    Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    In my less sane moments, I think about doing something like P90X. After reading this review, I'm very, very tempted:
    http://www.amazon.com/review/RDIEL6B...cm_cr_rdp_perm
    Last edited by Suja; 03-15-2012 at 10:28 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    What is everyone's MFP names so I can add them? I am afamini.


  22. #22

    Default

    wady24 (same here as APA) for me.


  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Super secret lair... Mwahahahaha!
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Hi Amy! Mine is ahonea84, I am going to add you now.

    Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

  24. #24

    Default

    I've never been to MFP- I'll try to sign up this weekend and post my user name.

    I got the boys out early this am for a 2 mile walk. I'm actually wearing my pedometer today and so far I'm at approx 6200 steps. That includes being cooped up inside with a repairman for the last two hours!
    My 3 yo cuties!

  25. #25

    Default

    Good job on the 2 mile walk!!!

    I got my Friday afternoon workout in...660 calories in 55 mins of circuit training!

    Now on to the 5th day for this week...the plan is to go for a 30+ minute walk with the kids (jogger) if the weather cooperates. If not then a JM video that I have been putting off.


  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Super secret lair... Mwahahahaha!
    Posts
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wady24 View Post
    Good job on the 2 mile walk!!!

    I got my Friday afternoon workout in...660 calories in 55 mins of circuit training!

    Now on to the 5th day for this week...the plan is to go for a 30+ minute walk with the kids (jogger) if the weather cooperates. If not then a JM video that I have been putting off.
    I did a Jillian Michaels video last night. I think its called Extreme Shred or something like that. I just did level 1 and that kicked my booty. It's simple movements but by the end I was red faced and pouring sweat.

    Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    LRAFB
    Posts
    4,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newmom84 View Post
    I did a Jillian Michaels video last night. I think its called Extreme Shred or something like that. I just did level 1 and that kicked my booty. It's simple movements but by the end I was red faced and pouring sweat.
    I have Jillian's 30 Day Shred that I recently started and it kicks my booty too!


  28. #28

    Default

    Nice! I have been using Ripped in 30 but really have not been very consistent with it as I get to workout 3 times a week at the gym (interval training, circuit training) similar stuff. I do need to use these videos on 1 day over the weekend as I don't do squat on Sat/Sun as of now. Hence the challenge


  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Super secret lair... Mwahahahaha!
    Posts
    839

    Default

    I usually work out during my lunch hour because we have a small gym setup in one of the extra conference rooms. But today the three people that answer the phones are not here so I have to watch the phones. So no workout for me. I am going to try really hard to do a Jillian video tonight after I get Eli down.

    Did anyone workout over the weekend? I took a 30 minute walk but that was it.

    Amanda - 28 (Proud Single Mama)

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,542

    Default

    I got a 60min spin class in on Saturday. This week the plan is spinning M-Th and then we are off to Idaho for a week for spring break. Hopefully a lot of hiking and swimming!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •