Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing weight while nursing

Quote Originally Posted by PinKster View Post
    I'm not sure I signed up for 3 months and get 1 free. I just dont want anything to affect my supply. I hope this works, cause I am still not in my pre pregnancy clothes yet! EEK!
    Did you go to a meeting or just sign up online?

It works if you stick to it.

We should start a APA group on the weightwatchers website!!
    Crystal
    Spoiled Much

A Mommy's Blog

Oh I just signed up online I hope so, because if not, I am surely going to have to go buy some new clothes - I am living in pjs!
    Crystal
    Spoiled Much

A Mommy's Blog

I did add a group: APA Breastfeeding Mamas
    Thought it would be kewl - join if you can
    Last edited by PinKster; 10-02-2009 at 10:44 AM.
    Crystal
    Spoiled Much

A Mommy's Blog

5. Default

I have not lost any weight since 4 weeks pp It's very frustrating, but I can't say I've really "tried" a lot. I seem to crave high fat/sweet foods more than I did before and I struggle not to give into those cravings. I've done WW before and lost about 15 lbs, I'm thinking about trying again. I am going to be in two weddings this year, one in June and one in October and I cringe thinking about getting in a bridesmaid dress right now!

I found that exersising did not diminish my supply but as soon as I went on a strict diet ie: limiting carb intake my supply really dropped off.
    Added to that I had to work night shift at the same time. Luckily M was already 1 year at the time.
    M&M -Midwife and Mother

What exercises at the gym, workout machines, or classes have helped you lose weight and get back in shape the most??? I am starting my exercised program and did the Zumba class tonite!!
    Mommy to three beautiful children!!

I wanted to add my experience with Weight Watchers Online. I've lost 15 pounds in nine weeks while nursing. You get extra points when you're nursing, so I'm nursing longer than I even intended to keep my points up. Not only is it working, but it's coming off without exercise and it's coming off pretty fast. I am three pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight with Bella, and only have eleven to go for my pre-Ari weight. If you're frustrated with what you're doing, or if you just had your baby and want to lose the weight, this is amazing. I tried other diets and this was unbelievably easy. I actually have to force myself to eat more some weeks, to make sure I eat enough points. My supply was never hurt and I never felt hungry. So, if you're on the fence about it, know that WW gets my vote.
    Tracy, Ari and Bella

Quote Originally Posted by Anatresia View Post
    I wanted to add my experience with Weight Watchers Online. I've lost 15 pounds in nine weeks while nursing. You get extra points when you're nursing, so I'm nursing longer than I even intended to keep my points up. Not only is it working, but it's coming off without exercise and it's coming off pretty fast. I am three pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight with Bella, and only have eleven to go for my pre-Ari weight. If you're frustrated with what you're doing, or if you just had your baby and want to lose the weight, this is amazing. I tried other diets and this was unbelievably easy. I actually have to force myself to eat more some weeks, to make sure I eat enough points. My supply was never hurt and I never felt hungry. So, if you're on the fence about it, know that WW gets my vote.
    Approximately how much calories are you consuming?