Are any of you sending your kids to a Christian based pre-school? I realize how silly this question seems (at least to me) since this is the secular room. I'm asking because I'm having a hard time finding a pre-k in my area that is not Christian based without the hefty price-tag of a Montessori/Waldorf/private school. As much as I would love to send E to a Montessori we just can't afford one.

All of my non religious mama friends don't seem to have a problem sending their kids to a christian based pre-k and I don't have a problem with Elliot learning about Christianity. I do want him to learn and understand all religious aspects because the different belief systems are so important in understanding why our world is the way it is but I do have a problem with a very narrow-minded (IMO) view of where we came from, why we're here and how we should live our lives...

He's already exposed to a significant amount of God from my ignorant MIL (who we live next door to) and his sitter(which has so far been very basic Golden Rule philosophy and bible stories about kindness and love) .
I guess what I'm having a hard time letting go of is the teaching of the trinity. I believe in a higher power than what's in front of us, but I don't believe in God. I don't believe in anything really. I want Elliot to grow up doing what's right because he wants to do what's right, not because he fears "hell". I want him to be kind to people because everyone deserves kindness, not because God wants him to be kind...

I realize I'm rambling, and maybe you ladies don't have any advice. I'm not really sure what I'm asking, other than, would you/do you send your kids to a christian based pre-school. If you don't, where do they go?

Thanks in advance