Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Thaby's Fitness Log

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Talking Thaby's Fitness Log

    I thought I should keep track of what I'm doing and I can't think of anywhere better than here
    Every week I'd do a weight in and measurements.

    Goal:
    Lose 30 pounds(I gained 10# last month ) and lose stress
    Regain muscle strength, energy, confidence and my sanity
    BMI: 21
    Better my health and most important my heart
    LOOK HOT!!!

    Measurements:
    BMI: 31
    weight: 145#
    arms: 11.5"
    chest: 34.5"
    bust: 37"
    waist: 35"
    hips: 40"
    butt: 42"
    thighs: 23.5"
    calves: 14"

    I'm planing to go to the gym twice a day for 1 hour mon.-sat. Wish me luck
    Last edited by Thaby; 10-15-2011 at 10:42 PM.

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



  2. #2

    Default

    Today I started with a spinning class and that kicked my butt. But I already feel more energetic. Could use a long hot bubble bath tho

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boon Docks
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaby View Post
    Today I started with a spinning class and that kicked my butt. But I already feel more energetic. Could use a long hot bubble bath tho
    Keep it up!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

  4. #4

    Default

    Well we had to take our car to the shop because it's giving all sort of problem so no gym for this week
    I hope it's ready by monday!! Everyday I don't go to the gym I feel like I'm throwing money away

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



  5. #5

    Default

    Ok car is not fixed but it's running...So I went 2 more times. Thursday for a spinning class and friday for 30 min. on elliptical.
    Today I was supposed to have a free session with a personal trainer but int he 2 hours we spent I only worked out 20 min. the rest of the time was him trying convince me to pay extra $$ to sign up for weekly personal training.
    I'm not BTW I'm just using the machines and doing some classes, and hopefully enjoy of their sauna and hot tub...
    I'm not noticing any difference for now...only soreness
    But I'm at my fertile period so my body gain a bit more weight, retain water, preparing for my period (or pregnancy...NOT!). So I look pretty round right now.
    I do feel better about myself and I'm thinking about checking the local gym out...It just didn't "click" with golds gym...too impersonal and they try to sell you programs all the time. I'm gonna do a $5 pass at the local gym and see how I like it...one thing I know..I do NOT want to stop working out
    And I gave myself a period of 6 months to lose those 30 lbs.

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boon Docks
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaby View Post
    Ok car is not fixed but it's running...So I went 2 more times. Thursday for a spinning class and friday for 30 min. on elliptical.
    Today I was supposed to have a free session with a personal trainer but int he 2 hours we spent I only worked out 20 min. the rest of the time was him trying convince me to pay extra $$ to sign up for weekly personal training.
    I'm not BTW I'm just using the machines and doing some classes, and hopefully enjoy of their sauna and hot tub...
    I'm not noticing any difference for now...only soreness
    But I'm at my fertile period so my body gain a bit more weight, retain water, preparing for my period (or pregnancy...NOT!). So I look pretty round right now.
    I do feel better about myself and I'm thinking about checking the local gym out...It just didn't "click" with golds gym...too impersonal and they try to sell you programs all the time. I'm gonna do a $5 pass at the local gym and see how I like it...one thing I know..I do NOT want to stop working out
    And I gave myself a period of 6 months to lose those 30 lbs.
    That would annoy me if the personal trainer spent most of the time trying to sell things to me. I would have run out of there, free session or not! I have heard that Gold's Gym is kinda impersonal, too. I avoid gyms for that reason and because I don't like being around all those people. I like my alone time.

    I am glad to see you are getting workouts in and have set a goal! I am here rooting for you!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

  7. #7

    Default

    Today was an eventful day...
    I went to check out the other gym and I found quite nice...the customer service is much better, not pushy and they seem to work with their clients needs.
    After that I went to golds gym to work out and did 20 min. traidmill and 20 min. elliptical.
    Then about 15 min of weight lifting. Good right?! Yeah I was thinking so, until I went to the daycare center(at the gym) to pick up the kids and found Sara unattended, completely ignored crying her eyes out by the gate with a soiled diaper.
    The lady kept saying she'd stop crying every time she was picked up...uhhh YEAH!!! That's because she thought you were going to change her....and it amazes me that she didn't even smelled the poop because the second I picked her up I could smell...she said she was JUST going to check her diaper....YEAH RIGHT!!
    They don't change diapers there but they do get or page the mom, that's why when we sign in at the daycare we put where we would be.
    I was very upset and felt so guilty for letting my baby girl there in such incapable hands
    I don't think I'll be able to work out anymore unless I can leave at least Sara with her daddy, or super early in the morning before they wake up.
    Anyways...I did canceled my membership but it'll only be effective Dec.04, and I will still be charged Nov. because I didn't give 30 days notice prior to the payment due date...whatever I don't care!
    Since it's my birthday next week I'm going to try to convince DH to pay for nov. at golds gym and pay for my enrollment at the local gym (desert palms).
    All and all...I'm pretty sore...but that means it's working right?

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boon Docks
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaby View Post
    Today was an eventful day...
    I went to check out the other gym and I found quite nice...the customer service is much better, not pushy and they seem to work with their clients needs.
    After that I went to golds gym to work out and did 20 min. traidmill and 20 min. elliptical.
    Then about 15 min of weight lifting. Good right?! Yeah I was thinking so, until I went to the daycare center(at the gym) to pick up the kids and found Sara unattended, completely ignored crying her eyes out by the gate with a soiled diaper.
    The lady kept saying she'd stop crying every time she was picked up...uhhh YEAH!!! That's because she thought you were going to change her....and it amazes me that she didn't even smelled the poop because the second I picked her up I could smell...she said she was JUST going to check her diaper....YEAH RIGHT!!
    They don't change diapers there but they do get or page the mom, that's why when we sign in at the daycare we put where we would be.
    I was very upset and felt so guilty for letting my baby girl there in such incapable hands
    I don't think I'll be able to work out anymore unless I can leave at least Sara with her daddy, or super early in the morning before they wake up.
    Anyways...I did canceled my membership but it'll only be effective Dec.04, and I will still be charged Nov. because I didn't give 30 days notice prior to the payment due date...whatever I don't care!
    Since it's my birthday next week I'm going to try to convince DH to pay for nov. at golds gym and pay for my enrollment at the local gym (desert palms).
    All and all...I'm pretty sore...but that means it's working right?
    Sorry to hear that the daycare center doesn't do its job properly.

    I am sure your DH will help out so you will still be able work out. Hang in there! You are doing a great job!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

  9. #9

    Default

    Haven't been in the gym for 2 days
    I just lost my motivation. It could be the cold, or because it's that time of the month or I'm just so unhappy with golds gym (I'm switching next week tho).

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



  10. #10

    Default

    Haven't switched yet. I did go to the gym twice, once was great I did spinning (almost died) then 15min. of elliptical then 10 min. of abs...Felt GREAT!!!
    Then the other time I went in the morning with an empty stomach and sis spinning and it was not pretty I was not functional for the rest of the day, just laying on the couch and had blurry vision all day (some kind of flashes on the side of my sight) and the headache.
    Haven't gone since thursday I think. Planed to go today but My house is a mess and I had 6 loads of laundry to do + the kids (that makes 7) I need to clean bathrooms and bedrooms and kitchen....it's just too much!!
    I am planing on going this week..Don't know when...I need motivation. I know I'm slacking but I'm not seeing results at all!!! My body use to respond pretty quick to exercise...I guess getting old does have its disadvantages (I just turned 28 yesterday)

    Oh and the time I worked out lots (spinning, elliptical and abs) the daycare director was the one there and her daughter (that has kids) and when I got Sara she was sooooo happy And I got to complain about the other "care givers". 2 of them have no kids, so no wonder they "don't know" what they're doing and just ignore the crying babies
    Last edited by Thaby; 10-26-2011 at 10:13 PM.

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boon Docks
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaby View Post
    Haven't switched yet. I did go to the gym twice, once was great I did spinning (almost died) then 15min. of elliptical then 10 min. of abs...Felt GREAT!!!
    Then the other time I went in the morning with an empty stomach and sis spinning and it was not pretty I was not functional for the rest of the day, just laying on the couch and had blurry vision all day (some kind of flashes on the side of my sight) and the headache.
    Haven't gone since thursday I think. Planed to go today but My house is a mess and I had 6 loads of laundry to do + the kids (that makes 7) I need to clean bathrooms and bedrooms and kitchen....it's just too much!!
    I am planing on going this week..Don't know when...I need motivation. I know I'm slacking but I'm not seeing results at all!!! My body use to respond pretty quick to exercise...I guess getting old does have its disadvantages (I just turned 28 yesterday)

    Oh and the time I worked out lots (spinning, elliptical and abs) the daycare director was the one there and her daughter (that has kids) and when I got Sara she was sooooo happy And I got to complain about the other "care givers". 2 of them have no kids, so no wonder they "don't know" what they're doing and just ignore the crying babies

    Hang in there! You are doing good! Any exercise is better than no exercise!

    Just some advice, take it or leave it: Don't focus so much on how your body is changing - focus on how you feel after you work out. It takes a while for your body to start changing and for your metabolism to increase. Give yourself at least 4-6 weeks! Are you taking measurements? Many times you will lose inches before you lose weight. ;)

    Also, do you have someone who can go with you and work out? It really helps motivation if you have someone to work out with. If not, then maybe give yourself a reward for working out each week. For example, if you plan to work out three days a week and you go every single day then after the third workout you might go get a pedicure or eat a cookie. Something like that.
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

  12. #12

    Default

    Haven't gone in weeks...Gained about 3-4 pounds thanks to halloween Thinking about quitting the gym and buy myself an elliptical and try to do the P90X again.
    *feeling defeated*

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boon Docks
    Posts
    6,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaby View Post
    Haven't gone in weeks...Gained about 3-4 pounds thanks to halloween Thinking about quitting the gym and buy myself an elliptical and try to do the P90X again.
    *feeling defeated*
    Halloween candy temptations are so hard to resist!

    Don't be so hard on yourself! Just make a decision and keep with it! Baby steps all the way, just keep heading toward your goal! You can do it!
    Dayna (37) DH (38) DD (6) DS1 (3) DS2 3-31-14

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaby View Post
    Haven't gone in weeks...Gained about 3-4 pounds thanks to halloween Thinking about quitting the gym and buy myself an elliptical and try to do the P90X again.
    *feeling defeated*
    Just saw your posts... hang in there. The Halloween/Thanksgiving/Xmas time is so hard with all the goodies around.
    If getting out to the gym is problematic for you - definitely go for P90x or an elliptical. I work out at home, and there is really no excuse not to do it nightly (do not need baby sitter, do not need to go out in the cold, etc.)
    Good luck!
    </a>



  15. #15

    Default

    I'm into the Beach Body program called Insanity by Shaun T..It's killing me but I'm loving it!!!

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



  16. #16

    Default

    I'd love to hear how your results from Insanity were as well! I am a week and a half into it! I just finished P90X too, I am loving the change though!

  17. #17

    Default

    I can't commit
    I tried to get it done twice and stopped...now I'm trying to do a P90X/Insanity Hybrid but I already missed 3 days...I just can't keep up

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,881

    Default

    Is it the time commitment that's giving you trouble? If ot is, maybe start with something that requires less and is easier to stick to, and work up to Beachbody.

  19. #19

    Default

    Wow!!! Now I wish I had stuck to this from the beginning....145#....I wish I was 145# right now I'm 161# and my goal is the same 130#, but this time I have 2 steps of goals...lose the 30# then lose 15#. I joined the Planet Fitness, they just have machines and personal trainer is free and it's only $10 a month. I joined last friday (Feb.22) and had been doing the elliptical for 45 min. a day. I thought starting slow would help. Tomorrow I have a personal trainer session to make my own workout....I used to have "area problems" but now....It's the whole body: arms are thick and floppy, thighs: I can't even cross my legs anymore, butt: my jeans are a smaller size each time I put in on, I'm losing my ankles, my back has rolls and the mid section....well lets just not get into that I just hope I can stay committed this time. I go to the gym after putting the kids to bed (after 8pm) and like I said do 45 min. on elliptical. That's it! I remember Mindy getting great results just from that, so I hope I can get some too.... I'm just bummed out that I won't fulfill my ultimate goal to reach 30 yo. in the best shape on my life....I only have until october and I don't want to go maniac to reach that! Anyway....I'M BACK!!
    Last edited by Thaby; 02-26-2013 at 12:13 PM.

    ~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •