Thread: Everytime I start losing weight I get pregnant!

Default Everytime I start losing weight I get pregnant!

I always wait a while after delivering to start trying to lose so it doesn't kill my milk supply. Within a month or so of the weight starting to come off I get AF back and the first 3 times before I got another cycle I ended up pg again. This time I got 3 AF before I got another BFP, but still here I am again. When I met DH (age 16) I was about 145-150. When I got pg with DS (4yrs later) I was 155-160. Now (6 more years later) I'm about 2mos pg with baby #5 and hovering right around 200 (199-202). I was up to almost 210 so this is progress, but it's been stalled out there for the last 3wks. I'm going in Thursday for my first appointment with the OB. Obviously I won't starve myself, my new baby, or my nurslings (yep, I'm still nursing the almost 1 year old and the 2 year old also) just for a number on the scale, but I'd love not to gain a whole bunch again. I want to be able to move more like I used to so I can keep up with my kids again. I know what I need to do - start eating more smaller portions through out the day and stop eating right before bed - I just need to stick with it. Life with 4 kids 5 and under just doesn't lend itself well to either. Fad diets and supplements aren't possible with pregnancy and what I really need is a lifestyle change anyway. I know I can do this. I just need to say it and stick with it.

Goal: 200lbs or less when I deliver in October
    Plan: Stay active and eat smaller portions better timed throughout the day. Start cutting out soda - NO MORE AFTER THIS MONTH.
    For the sake of my children I WILL do this and when I'm done I WILL start working off the other 40lbs I've built up.

197.2 yesterday. Totally cheated last night though because I had a craving for arby's and we actually had the money to go out. Back to the routine today though so hoping it wont undo too much.

196.8 today. Headed down, slowly but surely.

I totally don't want to come off as being a nag by any means but, I'd check with your doctor before losing any weight. I only say that because I was 30 lbs over when PG with my daughter and my ob was freaking out literary when I did not gain anything for 20 weeks. I was not on any diet at all. I was -3 at delivery but, I had GD after 28 weeks and was put on a strict diet but, before the GD diagnosis I did only gain 5 to just lose it and then some. However, cutting out soda while pg will be awesome for you and the baby.

196.0 this morning.

Lindsay, I know some Drs do get much more concerned about weight loss (or lack of gain) than others. I do like to have my Dr in the loop on things in case something seems off later. If I were under eating I would feel it as fatigue, then see my supply drop before it ever affected the new baby. I'm eating more and better now than I was 3 months ago. I know what to watch for and since this is something i'm doing for my kids I would never make them suffer for it.

Well good luck with everything I hope your pregnancy continues to go well.

Talked to my Dr Tuesday and she said weight loss is fine with her as long as I'm eating like I should. Baby sounded wonderful! I was 10 weeks.

My short term goal is 190 by the end of the month. I'm 11wks now so I have a little more time to lose before I need to start looking at gaining again. another 2 months and 10 more pounds will start me at 180 around 20wks. If I can hold out there for a couple months and then a pound a week to the end still leaves me below 200 for delivery. That would be awesome! We'll see how it goes.