Thread: Baby Registry

Default Baby Registry

I have my baby registry on Amazon.com... figured everyone has a computer and they all know how to buy online... My mom is saying it's a bad idea, I need to have several registries all over so people can go browse but then how do you stop double or triple purchases? Amazon also tells me who bought what and right away so that I know what I won't have... It auto fills thank you cards, has printable registry announcements for the baby shower invites... just seemed pretty easy and they have everything even from other stores and you can buy brand new or used... offers guests a chance to buy things that they can afford without putting them on the spot at a store, more private. IDK what else is everyone doing? Am I wrong? Should I go with a few other registries? Problem is everyone is spread out across NY and some people don't have the same stores around other than Wal-Mart and they don't really have a huge selection... I am also not putting big things on there like the crib or travel system because people can be so judgmental. I also know a lot of people don't even use the registry so IDK if I should take it even seriously lol but I have like 69 things on my registry... ranging from $.99 to $179 so I think it covers everyone's budget too. Okay I'm rambling... I always do this lol

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13

I had 2 regesteries with different items. Maybe do amazon and target or Walmart.

yes one online like amazon and one in store..like target Walmart babies r us, buy buy baby.. The people that do not live local to a store can still brouse online too at that store. But it will give people the option that live local to a store to get an item you want and bring it to the shower. I can tell you my grandmother doesn't own a computer and would be irritated if she got an online only registry card.

Not sure about others but it seems that with me most people who didnt use my registry got their gift from Walmart. I think lots didnt want to make a special trip to babies r us. It wouldn't be my first choice but if you made one their guest would at least have an idea of what you like

We don't even have a babies r us lol it's just Wal-Mart... not even a super wal-mart, a plain ole wal-mart!! So I think you girls are right, I will just do a registry at wal-mart, they only really have bottles and clothes so I'll just scan some simple things like bottles, toys, clothing, maybe a few blankets and the hooded towels... That way if ppl buy double it won't be a big deal.

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13

You're right! That's exactly what I would put on the Walmart one