Thread: Who has plan b babies?

Default Who has plan b babies?

Anyone else have a plan b baby? I myself do, 29 weeks now. Im fortunate to have a solid long term relationship so it will all work out but i've had a difficult time truly connecting with my pregnancy since it was such a surprise and I wasn't and still am not emotionally/physically prepared. On the flip side though, I do feel blessed and understand 100% that I'm very fortunate to have a healthy baby boy on the way.
    I honestly thought plan b would keep me from getting pregnant. I don't use BC but we've used condoms regularly for 5 years with no problems. We had only had sex maybe 5 times without one but had taken plan b right away and no pregnancies have occurred...well til this little guy. I mean I always knew plan b still had its risks and wasn't full proof but I certainly didn't think I'd be one of the ones who became pregnant using plan b! Lol.
    I knew only a couple days after that something was off and I had a maternal dream. My period was supposed to be there within a week from taking the pill but I also know it can effect your menstral cycle. Within 2 days of my missed period and sore boobs I called plan b and told them of my symptoms. They didn't have any answered for me, except my symptoms did sound like a side effect of the pill or possibly pregnancy and 1 in 8 women will become pregnant using the pill if they had intercourse during their ovulation cycle. I looked up my ovulation cycle and the day we had intercourse was smack dab in the middle of it. Perfect recipe for baby lol. Took a test and there they were, the double positive lines. I was happy but my fiance was about to have a heart attack and I think still is lol.
    I never imagined this in a million years. My plan was to start a family at the end of 27 not 25. My birthday was recent so now 26. Its a fine age, but again I was not emotionally or physically prepared for this life changing event but also am blessed and very fortunate.

I was wondering for curiosity sake how many of you also had plan b babies?

Was it hard to connect and cope with the pregnancy?

How were things after birth?

Feel free to share your story

I don't have a plan b baby but I just wanted to throw it out there that I don't think plan b is intended to be used as a birth control. My understanding is that it's supposed to be used in the event of birth control failure. Maybe after you have this baby you could look into another more typical form of birth control. If you are not comfortable using birth control you could track your ovulation and avoid intercourse during your fertile time.
    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your specific questions. Sorry for butting in.

No no I understand that completely I only used it the 5 times we had sex without protection in the past 5 years I in no way used it as a form of BC. Its supposed to stop you from ovulating if you haven't yet but I wasn't aware of ovulation schedule and was already in my ovulation cycle at the time in which the pills unable to work...my own fault for not understanding the pill or my cycle better. I don't like BC my family has had severe complications due to BC after menapaus so I won't go on a routine BC pill. Condoms are our chosen method and as I said condoms have never failed us..it was the time we didn'tuse a condom and trusted that theplan b would work without understanding my ccycles that got us trouble. But thank you for your concerns. After our second I'll be getting tied ;)

Quote Originally Posted by babynumberone View Post
    No no I understand that completely I only used it the 5 times we had sex without protection in the past 5 years I in no way used it as a form of BC. Its supposed to stop you from ovulating if you haven't yet but I wasn't aware of ovulation schedule and was already in my ovulation cycle at the time in which the pills unable to work...my own fault for not understanding the pill or my cycle better. I don't like BC my family has had severe complications due to BC after menapaus so I won't go on a routine BC pill. Condoms are our chosen method and as I said condoms have never failed us..it was the time we didn'tuse a condom and trusted that theplan b would work without understanding my ccycles that got us trouble. But thank you for your concerns. After our second I'll be getting tied ;)

I did this and I would recommend it to anyone IMO- its a very easy procedure.
    *** Lindsay ***

Quote Originally Posted by babynumberone View Post
    I will not use hormonal birth control either. So I know how tough it is to find a method that you can be confident with.

We have a Plan B pregnancy right now!! We were very on the fence wanting a 3rd as my DH works out west and gone alot plus my 2 of pg's were high risk and me being 40 in November. Well when we had our "oops'' it was right when I thought I ovulated so next day took it and then after a week of being late I took a pg test and the BFP I have ever had appeared....lol......So we are now expecting a 3rd and are very happy. Things in life happen for a reason I believe and this pg was meant tp be as we did fertility treatment with DS and suffered 6 losses! Hope your pg and baby boy are doing well!!!!!

I am surprised that there are so many. I took plan B and I couldn't get pg for 5 years.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I had a plan b baby too! I took it the day of the unprotected sex, and three weeks later bam! I found out a week before our marriage lol.