Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: LDS Moms

All right Al & Mattswife, this is your official booty-kick!

Al, you are probably more modest than some members. You want to hear my modesty confession? About half the time, I don't wear my garments to bed. I don't do it to be hateful towards them or anything like that. I do it because I'm really prone to bacterial vaginal infections and I really and truly believe that sleeping with no bottoms on (I'll wear a long sleep shirt or nightgown) helps keep them at bay. When I go for my recommend interviews, I feel no guilt or anything when they ask if I wear them "day and night as instructed in the temple" though because I'm doing it for my health, and I wear them right up until bed time, and I put them back on in the morning. IDK. I think there are standards, and then there are standards, if that makes any sense.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

^^I agree, Heather. There's the letter of the law and the spirit of the law...IMO the spirit is the one to keep in mind more because often if you get too caught up in the letter of the law you go to the extreme of no longer caring why you're doing things, and then begin judging others who aren't doing them like you, because you must be doing them right since you're a letter-of-the-law person! My Dad used to be pretty like that...but he's really grown a lot in Spirit since I left home...almost a different man, which is a very good thing!

My confession...when I'm on my period I wear white panties under my garments for my liner. I cannot ever ever ever get garments that fit right in that area to be of any use. And I just cannot be comfortable wearing panties over my garments the way my grandmas do...I've tried it and I've literally called in sick to work because I was that uncomfortable!

oh...and I don't always wear them to bed, either. I have always, since a young child, gotten way hot and sweaty at night, even just under a light sheet. In garments it's even worse, no matter what material. So if I'm already hot when I'm going to bed, I tend to forgoe them...not necessarily the best reason, but it makes it so I can sleep which is an essential thing for me to be a good mama the next day!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    All right Al & Mattswife, this is your official booty-kick!

Al, you are probably more modest than some members. You want to hear my modesty confession? About half the time, I don't wear my garments to bed. I don't do it to be hateful towards them or anything like that. I do it because I'm really prone to bacterial vaginal infections and I really and truly believe that sleeping with no bottoms on (I'll wear a long sleep shirt or nightgown) helps keep them at bay.
    I used to have that issue when I had them, in the first year I had them I got like 3 yeast infections So when at home at night I would take them off too. I wonder if it's the way they fit or something?! I haven't had that type of problem since I stopped wearing them Although I really should get some, I think I'm finally ready

Oh on a positive note, we are going to visit the temple today . DH has a dr's appt near that area (it'a about an hour or more from us) and we decided to all go and then drive over to the temple after so that John could see it. I've never seen the one here and John has never seen one in person. So we thought it would be fun to let him hang around on the grounds, maybe have ice cream or something.
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

I'm so glad I found you ladies! I've only read a few of the posts but I feel at home already! Tiff I'm with you, when I have my period I wear panties under my garments as well it just grosses me out not to lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    I'm so glad I found you ladies! I've only read a few of the posts but I feel at home already! Tiff I'm with you, when I have my period I wear panties under my garments as well it just grosses me out not to lol.
    YES! A woman after my own heart! Glad I'm not the only one!

LOL my hubby always laughs at me cause he tells me I look funny. But I dont care! Wow I really am so happy to finally find a group of LDS moms!

Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    YES! A woman after my own heart! Glad I'm not the only one!
    I know a lot of women that do that. I think it is impossible to get liners to fit with G's. They just don't sit right.

I totally agree with the spirit of the law. If your so focused on the letter you become like the Pharasees (have no idea how to spell that) and forget what your life is really supposed to be centered on. I have to wear them at night, along with my twelve other layers. DH is always too hot and I'm always freezing. So he sleeps in just about nothing and I look like I'm sub-zero camping
    Last edited by katrina131h; 06-25-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)

Quote Originally Posted by EvandAl View Post
    I used to have that issue when I had them, in the first year I had them I got like 3 yeast infections So when at home at night I would take them off too. I wonder if it's the way they fit or something?! I haven't had that type of problem since I stopped wearing them Although I really should get some, I think I'm finally ready

Oh on a positive note, we are going to visit the temple today . DH has a dr's appt near that area (it'a about an hour or more from us) and we decided to all go and then drive over to the temple after so that John could see it. I've never seen the one here and John has never seen one in person. So we thought it would be fun to let him hang around on the grounds, maybe have ice cream or something.
    That's great. The temple is wonderful. The spirit is so strong without going in. I'm excited that we are going. I feel terrible. I live 5 minutes away from a temple and have gone once with a friend in the past four months. DH and I haven't been together since Feb. . I love to go, but now with a little boy it is so hard. That shouldn't be an excuse. We are going to try to go to the Seattle temple tomorrow while we are here. It has been a really rough week on me and I really need it. The thought of moving here scares me to death.

BrandiB

katrina131h I just saw your new in NM and wanted to say again CONGRATS!!!
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Congratulations Katrina! Woo!!!

Al that's great you are going to visit the temple! I hope to make it to visit the Oakland temple when we are in CA next week. There are actually several we could visit during our driving up and down the state (don't get me started on that...) but last time I visited Oakland, there was a funny speed limit sign in the parking lot. It said " 9 1/2 MPH" Isn't that weird??? It was in the temple's parking lot and it was a real sign. I wonder what it means.... Is 9.5 some secretly significant number?

Oh and I also wear underpants during my period. I don't even wear white ones. Oops. I never thought about it. I have some that are white but also some striped and some beige... IDK. I guess I know that I need to keep the garments white but for the underpants I just buy what's comfy. I mean, I don't always (though usually) wear a white bra either. I'm not going to worry about it. I have enough to worry about.

So I just heard that Sunday in sacrament meetings in California they are going to read a letter from the First Presidency about the gay marriage laws. Should be interesting. If any of you hear it, let me know! We won't be out there til Tuesday so I won't hear it.

Who said you had to wear a white bra? I worked at Victoria's Secret before I got married, and I only have 1 white bra. It is reserved for white/light shirts and temple trips. Bring on the hot pink!
    Last edited by mattswife; 07-03-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Heather I'll have to ask my inlaws about the letter. Oh and I dont wear white undies under my garments I have all different colors!

Well either white undies & bras don't matter or we'll all doomed. j/k

As I sit here in my black bra... I mean, I love this bra! It was on clearance AND it fits perfectly. A rare find when you've crossed into DD territory.

You HAVE to be comfortable!! I say go for it!!

So tomorrow David and i are subbing in nursery. We usually have 2 but for summer we're down to one nursery so we may have from 5 to 10 kids in there, you never know how many will be away on vacation. I'm hoping lots.

Any ideas? I haven't been in nursery in YEARS though I do spend every day of my life with toddlers. I guess we should do some sort of a lesson. Maybe I'll bring the flannel board? I should really plan this out!

They should have a lesson book for nursery. Coloring is always good, print summer time pictures off the internet so they can color them...teacher website always have good clip art to print. How about bringing some fruit loops and ribbon so they can string their own necklaces to wear and eat, that always keeps them busy. Good luck tomorrow!

Do they have a schedule for you to follow? We always had playtime from beginning for about 40 minutes,then clean-up, then the music person comes in to sing with the kids, then the lesson (less than 5 minutes), then the snack and then an activity (usually coloring was the favorite).

Here is the link to the nursery manual on lds.org: http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vg...00176f620a____

At the very bottom are additional activities for the young ones (which is what we mostly used in Nursery.)

Good luck! We helped out in Nursery last week and Vaughn loved it (he still has 2 months until he's nursery age.)
    Last edited by moosh34; 06-28-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Oh my gosh I soooo miss nursery! I was a nursery leader for 2.5 years and I LOVED it!!! I want to go back there. We always had a lesson but of course they most of the lessons are way to old for them so I would make it more simple and only spend about 5 mins on it because otherwise they would get bored, then we would color, and treats, then sing and then we would play ring around the rosies or blow bubbles until their parents came. The kids loved the last 2. I'm so jealous you'll have so much fun!

Pretty much what everyone else said. When we follow a schedule it goes by really fast and is fun. When we do nothing, it is long and gets boring (speaking of which we have nothing prepared for nursery tomorrow). Good luck though. It should be fun just doing it one week. It is the week after week thing that gets me down about it.

Heather how did your subbing go?

I was going to ask the same thing...hope all went well Heather.

Guess what? Our stake YW Pres asked me to continue being stake camp director for another year! So ummmm yeah, that will make it 5 years. Oh my goodness, I really thought this year was my last, I had 2 new assistants that would have done a great job taking over (that was the plan), but she wants me to continue to work with them. So on we go for another year of girls camp.

My mom would be so jealous of you! She wants to be the camp director so bad! When I was in YW she was the assistant. I'm the YW secretary and I actually hate it BLAH!

My mom would be so jealous of you! She wants to be the camp director so bad! When I was in YW she was the assistant. I'm the YW secretary and I actually hate it BLAH!
    LOL, I love secretary positions in the church, you get to be in the presidency and help decide things but you don't have as much responsibility as the other ladies in the presidency. How great is that? LOL Sign me up!

Well considering I've had aweful morning sickness I havent been able to make it to church much. But when I'm there I feel like they dont need me. They can take roll on their own, and well basically thats all I do. Other then arrange for girls camp because they are using my grandparents cabin. *sigh* I want to go back to nursery until our baby comes and then I dont want a calling. I dont want to be around little kids because they are always sick, and I dont want to be around the girls because they always want to hold a new baby. Oh well such is life! I should just be thankful that they want me some place in our ward haha.

That is true about the YW always wanting to hold babies, in our ward they ask the DH's to take the babies that hour because the YW get so easily distracted. My sister is in our ward and she is the ward camp director and PP leader, so her DH takes the baby the 3rd hour and when he is not around I take the baby with me to RS. One of the nice things about being stake camp director is you have Sundays free, on the other hand...you have to go to RS...LOL, not really a big fan of RS these days. After 4 years of sitting through lesson after lesson, I am ready for a change.

LOL I'm not a fan of RS either. Only because well I'm one of the youngest girls there. I have never lived outside of my ward and after me and DH got married we moved 1 block away from my parents. So everyone in our ward is A LOT older then me. Although when I do go, I like to sit on the back row and laugh with the A LOT older ladies because they are always funny. Its the ones that the inbetween stage that I dont really like to sit by. LOL if that makes any sense at all.

I think you are describing me. Ha Ha Ha, I have 2 girls YW age and then a 10 year old. However I always sit on the back row watching the clock and I try to listen except when my friends distract me. Also there is a lady in our Primary pres that has 3 kids under 4, she usually brings her baby in to me whenever she sees that I am sitting on the back row, at least I feel useful then and it gives me something to do.

LOL I'm not describing you. I'm describing the ones who used to judge me because I didnt go to church and they would tell people in the ward that if I planned on marrying a return missionary then I had better go to church. Those are the ones I'm describing lol. Well guess what, I married that return missionary! Hmm maybe my ward is just really cliche lol.

I understand completly!

There was not a letter read in our sacrament meeting, I wonder if this is just a rumor or if it will happen soon. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

Hey Lacy...coming to town this weekend! Are you going to be around on Saturday? We're going to stay in Kennewick at my grandparents on Fri night and make the shorter drive from there Sat morning. I should be in Kuna by late morning/early afternoon! Unfortunately we're leaving Sunday late afternoon to do the same thing-split the trip up for the girls. But maybe we can meet up for a little while at least!