Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 1894

Thread: LDS Moms

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    Sorry, Angie! I guess I figured you knew, just didn't want to join in the fun!

    How are things with Billy? I saw your post in Feb. Are you guys going to use a counselor through LDSS? They're really great. John's finally going to get himself into one to deal with Taela stuff that he's finally admitting is affecting him. I didn't like it too much because the counselor I saw was male, but I've got a lady one, now, and it's going good.

    Maybe even taking Temple Prep classes would be enough of a catalyst to make him realize some things he needs to change. If he starts the class and truly realizes the importance, then he'll also realize the importance of loving you the way you deserve.

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  2. #152

    Default

    Welcome Angie!

  3. #153

    Default

    Welcome, Welcome Angie!!

    So who made it to church today??

    I did, it was my first testimony meeting in the ward so it was nice to "get to know" people a little better through their testimony.

    I got my sheet showing that my records are now in the ward and we realized that I never gave them John's info, so now they are adding him

    This is a little random but I am sooo excited that we are going to FL for a really quick trip next Sunday after DH gets home from work. I miss it there way too much!
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09


    http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

  4. #154

    Default

    Florida... I'm jealous. Pack me in your suitcase and take me with you!!! How far of a drive is that?

    Kudos for getting out to church again! I do find testimony meeting a good time to learn more about people's lives. Sometimes a little bit too much information is shared if you get my drift . I decided to bear my testimony today. I didn't cry! I wanted to cry. Really bad. But then I know I'd end up being a blubbering mess and then it'd turn into a big thank-you-mony (which drives me batty) so I just looked at the EXIT sign above the door because if I made eye contact with anyone I was going to lose it!

    I tried to get DH to go up but he hesitated too long and then the bishopric member conducting stood up and said "We'd like to thank everyone who bore their testimony today..." so the moment was lost. NEXT month he's in the hot seat though!

  5. #155

    Default

    We made it church sunday. We went together as a family. For those who don't know, Billy moved out for 30 days to work on things. He did also spend the night saturday, which was nice. We spent all weekend together too. He's coming over tonight for FHE.

    Maybe I'll do a lesson on Sealings and Eternal families? What do you think?

    Otherwise things are good. We had a family vacation planned on the the 16th-18, to Sedona to our timeshare, and we'll be going to that. It's just really hard not sleeping next to my husband, and not having him in the house, PERIOD. I miss him so much. Even though it is only for 30 days.

    Otherwise life is good HAPPY MONDAY! Oh and Kate, slept from 9-530 am. No bottle! I was so STOKED to have 8 hrs sleep!


  6. #156
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    Hey Ladybug...where in ID are you? My brother lives in Kuna (near Boise) and they're having a baby next month. I'm hoping to make it out there for the blessing in August...at least I think that's when they're having it!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  7. #157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortysally View Post
    Hey Ladybug...where in ID are you? My brother lives in Kuna (near Boise) and they're having a baby next month. I'm hoping to make it out there for the blessing in August...at least I think that's when they're having it!
    WHAT!!! Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! (am I allowed to say that here? ) Kuna is the small town just south of us about 5 miles! I am in Nampa! You will have to let me know when you make it out, I have tried twice to plan an APA Boise meet up and nobody ever wants to or backs out last minute. If you think you can sneak away from your extended family I would love to meet up with you and your girls.

    Lacy

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    WHAT!!! Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! (am I allowed to say that here? ) Kuna is the small town just south of us about 5 miles! I am in Nampa! You will have to let me know when you make it out, I have tried twice to plan an APA Boise meet up and nobody ever wants to or backs out last minute. If you think you can sneak away from your extended family I would love to meet up with you and your girls.

    Lacy
    Awesome! I'll totally sneak away. My brother and his wife live with her dad and his family. Her mom died suddenly in October leaving like 6 kids at home so they moved home to help out....I think I'll need to sneak away from that crazy crazy house!

    Maybe you know them...Eliason is the last name. Craig and Kathy is the one that passed away.

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  9. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortysally View Post
    Awesome! I'll totally sneak away. My brother and his wife live with her dad and his family. Her mom died suddenly in October leaving like 6 kids at home so they moved home to help out....I think I'll need to sneak away from that crazy crazy house!

    Maybe you know them...Eliason is the last name. Craig and Kathy is the one that passed away.
    I'm sorry, I do not know them. But wow, that is so nice of them to move back in to help out with the kids. The church is HUGE here, our town has 4 stakes in it with 36 wards. Kuna is all seperate from us with their own stake. Anyway, I am already looking forward to a visit with you, how fun!!!

  10. #160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    I have family in the Grandview area, too! Wow, small world! My aunt Orba and Uncle Nick Emch live out there. My great-grandma Erma just passed away 2 years ago. We took the Grandview exit, but I think Zillah was their address. They lived on Valley View Ln, a private road off the highway out there! Oh, and my Uncle Nolan and his wife EllaDee (Alcorn) live in Toppenish, or Zillah, or Yakima. I can't remember which.
    Sorry it took me so long to get back on this! BUT....we may be distantly related! It might just be through marriage, though. One of my uncles (the one that has moved around in WA a lot) was in town last week. I asked him about your relatives. He and my mom both remembered the Alcorns. My grandma told me that she's pretty sure that EllaDee Alcorn is the daughter of one of my grandpa's cousins. My grandpa passed away last fall, so he couldn't confirm it. My grandma isn't exactly sure though. Anyway...so that's what I know.

    Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May
    .

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by moosh34 View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to get back on this! BUT....we may be distantly related! It might just be through marriage, though. One of my uncles (the one that has moved around in WA a lot) was in town last week. I asked him about your relatives. He and my mom both remembered the Alcorns. My grandma told me that she's pretty sure that EllaDee Alcorn is the daughter of one of my grandpa's cousins. My grandpa passed away last fall, so he couldn't confirm it. My grandma isn't exactly sure though. Anyway...so that's what I know.
    Dude! Way cool! EllaDee is my great-aunt! Her husband is my grandpa's baby brother...and I had the most embarrassing crush on her youngest son David when I was a tween! I just talked to my dad. He didn't know any of her family lived out there-she's from Montana. Thornley was her maiden name.
    Last edited by DucksLikeRain; 05-07-2008 at 03:13 PM.

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  12. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    Dude! Way cool! EllaDee is my great-aunt! Her husband is my grandpa's baby brother...and I had the most embarrassing crush on her youngest son David when I was a tween! I just talked to my dad. He didn't know any of her family lived out there-she's from Montana. Thornley was her maiden name.

    Thornley...okay, I'll have to ask my grandma next time I talk to her. Oh, and first my grandma thought that EllaDee was my grandpa's cousin...but then didn't know if that made sense if she was younger. Since she's your great-aunt, maybe she was right the first time.

    Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May
    .

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosh34 View Post
    Thornley...okay, I'll have to ask my grandma next time I talk to her. Oh, and first my grandma thought that EllaDee was my grandpa's cousin...but then didn't know if that made sense if she was younger. Since she's your great-aunt, maybe she was right the first time.
    Yeah, EllaDee is probably...mid to late 60's or early 70's? I think. My grandpa is 78 this year and his brother is 6-10 years younger than him. He and EllaDee are around the same age, I believe. How small of a world will it be if they are related!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  14. #164

    Default

    You guys are creeping me out.

    And can I just say, EllaDee is SUCH a Mormon name???

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    EllaDee...I know! Such a Mormon name!

    You know that whole 7 degrees to Brad Pitt, or whatever? I think in Mormon circles it's often as small as 3 degrees! My new OB is my best friend's dad's 2nd cousin! And she's from Boston, he's from Idaho!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  16. #166
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moosh34 View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to get back on this! BUT....we may be distantly related! It might just be through marriage, though. One of my uncles (the one that has moved around in WA a lot) was in town last week. I asked him about your relatives. He and my mom both remembered the Alcorns. My grandma told me that she's pretty sure that EllaDee Alcorn is the daughter of one of my grandpa's cousins. My grandpa passed away last fall, so he couldn't confirm it. My grandma isn't exactly sure though. Anyway...so that's what I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tif
    Dude! Way cool! EllaDee is my great-aunt! Her husband is my grandpa's baby brother...and I had the most embarrassing crush on her youngest son David when I was a tween! I just talked to my dad. He didn't know any of her family lived out there-she's from Montana. Thornley was her maiden name.
    So I'm quoting myself here...but I talked to my mom and she said my dad's obviously not remembering that EllaDee indeed has a bunch of family over there. Her mother, I think, is something like 90+! And I think she's at least got a sister or two in the Zillah area...how crazy weird would it be to be related (even just through marriage!) here on APA!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  17. #167

    Default

    Hi ladies. Just wanted to wish everyone a great weekend!


  18. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie2775 View Post
    Hi ladies. Just wanted to wish everyone a great weekend!
    Hi Angie Hope you have a good one, too. Uneventful and peaceful...ok? Hope things are going ok. PM me if you need to

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  19. #169

    Default

    Happy Early Mother's day!!

    I have to say I am skipping church tomorrow.....we are leaving to go out of town once DH gets home from work and I feel bad making John ride in the car anymore than he has to (it's 30 minutes each way to church), plus I have to load the car up myself.

    I hope you guys have a great Mother's day!
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09


    http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EvandAl View Post
    Happy Early Mother's day!!

    I have to say I am skipping church tomorrow.....we are leaving to go out of town once DH gets home from work and I feel bad making John ride in the car anymore than he has to (it's 30 minutes each way to church), plus I have to load the car up myself.

    I hope you guys have a great Mother's day!
    Happy Mothers' Day to you, too! Hope you guys had a good time out of town!

    Well, we made it to church today. First time in like 2 months that we've all gone. And we weren't very late-opening hymn was still being sung when we got there! The girls did pretty good for having not been there in like 6 weeks. I did have to take Keira out a few times to talk about the fact that we had no raisins at church today (if we have a snack one time at church she expects it every time afterwards). And she's been in panties since yesterday afternoon (we're at 22 hours with no accidents and just a pull-up at night!!!) so we did have to go out to have a potty break (or a fart break, really...but at least she would sit on the big toilet at church! That's a start!).

    RS was...meh, whatever. I play the piano and I'd never heard any of the songs I had to play...so that sucked. And the lesson was on th Everlasting Priesthood (or whatever lesson 8 is) which was an easy lesson for my mind to wander.

    I think I've become the project right now. The RS president stopped by on Friday while I was at work and left a loaf of bread, I've gotten a card from her at least once a week for the last 3 or 4 weeks...I guess it's time to step up my activity in order to get some of the attention off of me-I like to be able to go to church and not have anyone notice me!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  21. #171

    Default

    Tif I'm glad you guys made it today! and woohoo for 22 hours! That's awesome. Al don't feel bad for not going. i wouldn't either in your shoes. I hope you guys have a good trip.

    We went. David decided to let me sleep in so I didn't wake up til 8:18 and church starts at 9:00. Holy cow. He'd made french toast for me so we ate and then tried to get ready to go and we actually got there by 9:30. Bad thing was we missed the sacrament, but we're almost NEVER late and almost NEVER miss so I'm not going to feel bad about missing it once.

    Sunday School was kind of interesting today. Our teacher was talking about the importance of keeping records (such as journals, letters, etc) and held up a family portrait of her, her DH and their 5 kids taken 25 years ago. The kids ranged in age from a newborn to about 10 years old. She said her husband died six months after that picture was taken. She remarried, and the 2nd husband also passed away. She's now married for the 3rd time and her current husband is not LDS but he does come with her every Sunday. Anyway... this got me thinking. After her first husband died, she had another child (not sure if it was with husband #2 or #3) and so I'm thinking, well is that child automatically still sealed to her & her first husband? Even though he has passed away, the covenant is still in effect... so I'd assume that she would be sealed to them but then I'm not sure. It doesn't matter really, just something I started to wonder about. I guess I could always ask her but I'm not brave enough for that.

  22. #172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    is that child automatically still sealed to her & her first husband? Even though he has passed away, the covenant is still in effect... so I'd assume that she would be sealed to them but then I'm not sure. It doesn't matter really, just something I started to wonder about. I guess I could always ask her but I'm not brave enough for that.
    From what I understand that child would be sealed to her and her first husband. I don't remember where I read it, but I have read somewhere that when a woman remarries when she was sealed to her first husband the children born to that relationship are an extension of the sealing with her first husband.

    It's confusing and I'm I wish I could tell you where i read it so you could reference it. For me though, I just figure it is just one of those things that the Lord will take care of on the other side, so I just don't worry about it. Things will work out for the best in the end.

    ETA: I don't know if I'm the best source to answer this question. I'm just going off memory so I might not understand it at all.
    Last edited by katrina131h; 05-11-2008 at 08:06 PM.


    Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katrina131h View Post
    From what I understand that child would be sealed to her and her first husband. I don't remember where I read it, but I have read somewhere that when a woman remarries when she was sealed to her first husband the children born to that relationship are an extension of the sealing with her first husband.

    It's confusing and I'm I wish I could tell you where i read it so you could reference it. For me though, I just figure it is just one of those things that the Lord will take care of on the other side, so I just don't worry about it. Things will work out for the best in the end.

    ETA: I don't know if I'm the best source to answer this question. I'm just going off memory so I might not understand it at all.
    Yeah, that sounds about right. My great-grandpa died when my grandpa was 14. His mom remarried and had one more child with the new husband. Uncle Fred is sealed to the same man my grandpa is. From what I understand, it's more important that the ordinance is in place than the particulars of it. Now, if it were opposite-a wife died, husband remarried and had more kids, since he could be sealed to the second wife then the new kids would not be sealed to the first wife.

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  24. #174

    Default

    I can't remember if I mentioned, she was not sealed to husband #2 or #3 (obviously since #3 is not a member). I did just learn fairly recently that a woman can be sealed to more than one man as well as a man to more than one woman. I think I'd thought it was only a man to more than one woman. We had an Institute teacher who was the Louisville KY temple president who told us this. He said it all gets sorted out on the other side and that feelings of jealousy or whatever are gone -- just good feelings. IDK. I don't want my DH getting sealed to anyone else. Of course, if I die, I want him to live a monastic and self-flaggelating life until he's reunited with me.

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,541

    Default

    Hmm, I'd only heard of women being sealed again if they've had a Temple divorce, or after they and the 2nd spouse has passed away-never during life. Interesting.

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  26. #176

    Default

    Mother's day sucked! First off I made my own breakfast while DH slept, he got up just as the pancakes were ready and was grumpy too, my sister went out of town with her Dh and I watched her two kids for 4 days, at church they usually give us potted flowers but this year we got a small candy bar :X (I hate chocolate) , our RS lesson was just an open forum to get up and tell a story about how wonderful your mom is (can't do that, not really liking my mom these days, she was not a good mom) so that just made me more sad, came home from church and DH BBQ'd some burgers outside while I made the rest of the dinner, had a meeting at church to go to, got home and all I got was a card for mother's day and a messy kitchen. Yes, that is right, they didn't even clean the kitchen while I was at my meeting. GRRRR!

    In my card my 12 year old DD wrote "I'm sorry dad did not get you anything for mother's day, maybe he will make it up to you later" Ummm nope! No mention of any gifts coming later or no sound of the dishwasher running.

    You know Mother's Day is about taking the kids out and letting them pick out something "special" for their mom, like some awful ugly pair of earrings that I will only wear on mother's day because my sweet little girls thought I would love them. Or having them "help" with breakfast and I'll eat it no matter what because it was made by helping little hands with lots of love. It should be about the kids and having them help in planning something, ANYTHING, even a walk on the greenbelt.

    That is all, I give up!

  27. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    Hmm, I'd only heard of women being sealed again if they've had a Temple divorce, or after they and the 2nd spouse has passed away-never during life. Interesting.
    Yeah maybe it was after death. My memory is muddled. That sounds right though. Like if my husband dies, and I remarry (temporally). Then I and hubs #2 both die, I could be vicariously sealed to hubby #2. But the way the temple president was explaining it, it would be more like to fulfill the requirement than so much as a relationship beyond the veil. It's very confusing.

    I'm just glad to have temples and even get a little bit of the necessary work done, yk?

    I should probably stop talking about all this. I'm confusing the lurkers. ;)

  28. #178

    Default

    I'm sorry your Mother's Day was sucky, ladybug. Did you talk to your DH about it? Men can be really clueless sometimes. They need us to tell them what to do I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    (I hate chocolate)
    And...what is WRONG with you woman?

  29. #179

    Default

    hey everyone. My mother's day sucked the big egg too! First off I'm the only one who gets up with the baby, so from 3 am till 6 she was kicking me in the stomach like crazy. Then At 6:30 I told DH that for mother's day I wanted sleep......so what does he do? Get's up and leaves the baby IN BED with me. GRRRR. He got up took the dogs out, made a bottle brushed his teeth. By then it's 7. He comes in, and I said why friggin bother now! Geesh. And he was like I'm getting her. Then I slept for an hour, and we have church at 9 so I was like totally zonked.

    Sacrament was good. Then we skipped out. I was just so tired. And we still had to make the rounds and go to my grandma's for mother's day dinner and visit with everyone. So we left, and I had to make everyone lunch. My day did get better but it sure started out rocky.

    How's everyone's Monday?


  30. #180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie2775 View Post

    How's everyone's Monday?
    Getting better!

    Sorry your Mother's Day was bad too, men just don't get it sometimes!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •