Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 1894

Thread: LDS Moms

1. Default

She's gorgeous! I, too, love the one where she's laughing!

Just wanted to see how everyone is, we've gotten quiet

Did you guys watch conference? I only caught little bits since I was trying to watch online or listen on my phone and my kids had a hard time being quiet. I'm ready for the Ensign to get here so I can read the talks
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

I actually didnt get a chance to watch conference but I have it recorded and we plan on watching it during my husbands days off from work. He had to work over conference weekend and we like to watch it together.

We watched Saturday morning session, and just a bit of Saturday afternoon. DH went to Saturday night priesthood session, and we watched most of Sunday morning. After that, I couldn't take it anymore! Not that I don't like spiritually uplifting messages, but just the idea of sitting and staring at the TV and writing notes and listening to choral music.

And can I say, what was UP with the pepto bismol pink dresses?! Those were the worst. Those poor women.

I liked most of what I heard. Some talks seemed like 'no brainer' type talks (I hope that's not rude to say) - just stuff we've heard a million times before, but I guess some need to hear it again. A few were hard for me to hear but I guess that is kind of the whole point, right?

It's been quiet in here again! How's everyone doing?

DH and I finally started reading the Book of Mormon together every night, and praying everyday. It's only been 3 weeks, but we feel SO much better. We were in a really bad slump, pretty much to the point where we agreed that if we didn't have his parents in our ward expecting us to come every week, we would have gone inactive a long time ago. While our financial situation still sucks (which was what was triggering our slump - the whole "we've done everything right, why are we struggling so hard?" thing), but even though we have no money, our faith and peace has increased tenfold. Truly amazing. DH has received a very clear answer to his prayers that he needs to find a new job, so hopefully if we follow the Lord's direction He will take care of us and things will get better.

On a separate note, I want a new temple dress. Mine finally fits again (woohoo!) but it's non-stretchy material and with my fat arms, I can't move in the arms much or raise my arms overhead, and I have to pretty much dislocate my shoulders to get it off. (It fits fine around the middle, lol, just in the arms it is ridiculous.) What dresses do you ladies have? Looking at the website though, it looks like most of them are polyester and only one is cotton. So I guess I don't have much option if I want one that is kind of stretchy. Sigh. I remember there used to be a lot more dresses on the online store, now there's only 7. Hmm.... Do you have to buy one from an approved place (like the website or distribution center), or if I found somewhere else that made appropriate temple dresses but wasn't "official church affiliated" (I guess you would call it) would that work? Anyone know?

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Kyli (26) DH (29) Liam (5/13/09) Evette (10/18/12)

Oh! I found one that I liked! http://www.dressedinwhite.com/index....ire-dress.html Very plain, but that's kind of what I like.

And www.templedress.com has a lot of pretty ones, but it looks like most are 100% polyester.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

That's the one I have but it doesn't have the satin ribbon at the bustline, just some stitching. I love it. It has lasted me through all my pregnancies and body shape changes.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I think as long as its white it doesnt matter who made it. I really love the one you posted. I seriously need a new one. I can not fit into mine, not while pregnant not while not pregnant UGH. I'm holding out hoping that after I have the baby I can seriously lose some weight like I want to get back to my weight when I was first married. My dress is like brand new, once I was on birth control after I got married I gained weight blah!

So friday I noticed that Hanna was not moving a whole lot and I was getting worried. I had an OB appt on monday so I held off. She was still moving but not near as active. They did an u/s yesterday and she passed everything. Well this morning DH's great grandma passed away and she's been super active all day. Am I crazy to think that maybe Hanna was just getting ready for Nana to go home and that she was visiting her? Its so hard to say what I'm trying to say and its hard for others to understand. Do you ladies think that it could be possible?

I don't think it's crazy. I think it's entirely possible. There is just so much we don't know about the spirit world and/or when a spirit becomes anchored to a body.

Hugs to you guys and DH's family.

Quote Originally Posted by hpfan04 View Post
    I don't think it's crazy. I think it's entirely possible. There is just so much we don't know about the spirit world and/or when a spirit becomes anchored to a body.

Hugs to you guys and DH's family.
    Thanks Kyli. Glad to know you dont think its crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    So friday I noticed that Hanna was not moving a whole lot and I was getting worried. I had an OB appt on monday so I held off. She was still moving but not near as active. They did an u/s yesterday and she passed everything. Well this morning DH's great grandma passed away and she's been super active all day. Am I crazy to think that maybe Hanna was just getting ready for Nana to go home and that she was visiting her? Its so hard to say what I'm trying to say and its hard for others to understand. Do you ladies think that it could be possible?
    Totally possible. We found out we were pregnant with Rebecca right around the time (or a couple months before) DH's uncle died. Rebecca loves seeing pictures of said uncle. I think she recognizes him.

I don't think it's crazy either.

We tried and tried for so long to get pregnant with our second child. It was a year. And the one day my grandpa was at our house installing a water heater and he suffered a stroke. He died later that day (well was on life support for 24 hours more for organ procurement, but was essentially 'dead' that day).
    That weekend I remember telling DH I wanted to have twenty babies. Death makes you especially crave babies I think.
    Then a week or so later, I was pregnant with Truman. I think that Truman and his great-grandpa passed each other on the road - one coming out of heaven, the other going back in.

It always makes me smile knowing that even though she's inside my uterus she's still in heaven also and she's with so many people that love her. I think it gives my husband great comfort knowing that even though his dad is not here on earth with us he still gets to see his babies

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuuriki View Post
    Totally possible. We found out we were pregnant with Rebecca right around the time (or a couple months before) DH's uncle died. Rebecca loves seeing pictures of said uncle. I think she recognizes him.
    My IL's have a picture of my DH's great-grandparents hanging on their wall, and all the great-great-grandkids have stared at the picture and baby-talked to it when they were babies. We always say that they recognize them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    It always makes me smile knowing that even though she's inside my uterus she's still in heaven also and she's with so many people that love her. I think it gives my husband great comfort knowing that even though his dad is not here on earth with us he still gets to see his babies

So ladies, I can't tell any IRL friends except those not in my ward... but yesterday after church the 2nd counselor in the bishopric asked if the bishop could meet with me and my DH for a few minutes. Totally unexpected. So first I went in alone and he started off saying, "Sister Harper, are you temple worthy?" I was like... um... what have I done... LOL Then he said, "Are you willing to serve anywhere the Lord would have you serve?" and I was thinking, geographically... like a dork. He said he had a calling, a big one, for me, but he wanted to ask those questions first. Then he had my DH come in and asked him if he would sustain me in any calling, and he was like, okay... So then he asked me to be the PRIMARY PRESIDENT! Oh my heck. I have been wanting out of YW for 2 years now and this was not the route I'd hoped to take! I am pretty sure it's because the 1st counselor in our bishopric is moving, and they are going to call the primary president's husband to that position so she needs to be released. She's had the calling for about 2 years now though so she's due for a break anyway. So now I am tasked with coming up with suggestions for counselors and a secretary. Yikes! I've never had to do this. I've thought of a couple of sisters but haven't prayed about them yet. I need to look up the Church Handbook and see what the counselors are specifically in charge of and think about personalities and strengths. One sister in particular, her DH is not a member, but she's totally active, and she teaches middle school, and that's definitely a weakness of mine - being able to relate to and remain patient with senior-primary aged kids. The older they get beyond 8, the less I like them... but I'm great with the little guys. So I totally need help with that group. But otherwise... I'm still clueless!

So please say a little prayer for me. I told David he has to refer to me as "Madame President" from now on.

Oh and nothing on FB yet since it's not been announced and so my ward family doesn't know.

Eeek!

So ladies, I can't tell any IRL friends except those not in my ward... but yesterday after church the 2nd counselor in the bishopric asked if the bishop could meet with me and my DH for a few minutes. Totally unexpected. So first I went in alone and he started off saying, "Sister Harper, are you temple worthy?" I was like... um... what have I done... LOL Then he said, "Are you willing to serve anywhere the Lord would have you serve?" and I was thinking, geographically... like a dork. He said he had a calling, a big one, for me, but he wanted to ask those questions first. Then he had my DH come in and asked him if he would sustain me in any calling, and he was like, okay... So then he asked me to be the PRIMARY PRESIDENT! Oh my heck. I have been wanting out of YW for 2 years now and this was not the route I'd hoped to take! I am pretty sure it's because the 1st counselor in our bishopric is moving, and they are going to call the primary president's husband to that position so she needs to be released. She's had the calling for about 2 years now though so she's due for a break anyway. So now I am tasked with coming up with suggestions for counselors and a secretary. Yikes! I've never had to do this. I've thought of a couple of sisters but haven't prayed about them yet. I need to look up the Church Handbook and see what the counselors are specifically in charge of and think about personalities and strengths. One sister in particular, her DH is not a member, but she's totally active, and she teaches middle school, and that's definitely a weakness of mine - being able to relate to and remain patient with senior-primary aged kids. The older they get beyond 8, the less I like them... but I'm great with the little guys. So I totally need help with that group. But otherwise... I'm still clueless!

So please say a little prayer for me. I told David he has to refer to me as "Madame President" from now on.

Oh and nothing on FB yet since it's not been announced and so my ward family doesn't know.

Eeek!

Oh my goodness, Heather!!! That is SO EXCITING!!!

Congrats on your new calling! I bet you'll be great at it! Prayers coming your way that you will know the right counselors to pick and that you will be able to do this big job!

Woohooo for a new calling!! You'll do wodnerful at it

You'll be so great at that, Heather! I hope you don't have too hard of a time finding counselors.

I was released from RS Presidency last week. I was ok with it until later in the week when I found out that the lady they put into me is the 1st counselor of the Bishopric's wife who was just released from Stake Primary President...and is the RS President's best friend. It really kind of stung. Like they were saying they were going to give ME a break when the lady they put in is someone who's been in a drawing calling for the last 5 years. And the RS President and I had gotten pretty friendly-I don't have any close friends in the ward and she's probably as closer than anyone else to me-so now I'm feeling...dropped. Like I wasn't performing up to snuff or something. I was bitter about it most of last week but am really working on it. I have been put in as 4th Sunday teacher for RS so I went from being the supervisor to being one of the people I was supervising which just feels...belittling. And I hate teaching.

Ugh. That's hard. At least it's a thing you only have to do 12 days a year right?! It is so hard to think of counselors without just picking my friends. I mean, those are the people who I know really well (obviously) and so I know their strengths. A lot people I just don't know very well. And the bishop said that "no one is out of bounds" and that I could choose anyone who already has a calling. He said "Only the First Presidency's callings are set in stone. No one else." Ha!

So tell me what you think. Would the fact that someone has been serving in primary for a long time already make you think that perhaps they should be given a 'break'? I am considering one of my friends, but she has been a teacher in primary for almost as long as she's been a member of the church - three or four years. She says she enjoys primary, but IDK... maybe she needs a chance to experience grown up classes too.

DH says I should call all the ladies from YW and at the first meeting say, "HA! I'm in charge now, so listen up!" and laugh like Dr. Evil. :/

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    You'll be so great at that, Heather! I hope you don't have too hard of a time finding counselors.

I was released from RS Presidency last week. I was ok with it until later in the week when I found out that the lady they put into me is the 1st counselor of the Bishopric's wife who was just released from Stake Primary President...and is the RS President's best friend. It really kind of stung. Like they were saying they were going to give ME a break when the lady they put in is someone who's been in a drawing calling for the last 5 years. And the RS President and I had gotten pretty friendly-I don't have any close friends in the ward and she's probably as closer than anyone else to me-so now I'm feeling...dropped. Like I wasn't performing up to snuff or something. I was bitter about it most of last week but am really working on it. I have been put in as 4th Sunday teacher for RS so I went from being the supervisor to being one of the people I was supervising which just feels...belittling. And I hate teaching.
    Aww Tif I think I would feel the same way. I'm not a teacher at all, hate it. I get so nervous talking infront of anyone including the little children in Nursery when I was a nursery leader. I probably would of told them no just because of that. I hope it goes smooth for you though and that you'll be able to get over any bad feelings your having.

I wonder how much time is appropriate to take in choosing counselors? I don't want to seem like I gave it no thought, and I also don't want to take too long... though I guess, if I take really long, I can put this thing off for awhile...

The only thing the bishop said in regard to timeline was, "It won't be right away. At least a few weeks. But we want to have the new presidency in place before the first of the year."

There is 1 sister I just feel really good about and I really want as 1st counselor. There are 2 others I feel good about, but not as strongly. Then there as a 4th I thought could work but I'll keep her in my pocket as an alternate.

I want to start asking the PP all sorts of questions but I'm not sure if the bishop has talked to her yet. He told me he was going to yesterday but I'm just kind of waiting for her to call me or something.

Good luck! And as far as choosing counselors, go with your feelings and promptings you get as you think it over.. They're usually right.
    Brittany, mommy to Boo and Bean, and Bear makes three!

Yay Heather! So excited for you!

I'm the 2nd Couns. in Primary and I LOVE it! I have a feeling we are going to be released soon and I'm bummed to go.

I would say being a teacher in Primary to being in the Pres. are totally different. Of course it may depend on your primary size. But I feel like there are some months were I'm SURE that I have LESS work on my load than the teachers. Of course other times we are swamped with stuff. Like over the last month getting ready and having the program plus we just found out we are in charge of the Christmas Activity for the ward.

Tif big hugs, I would feel the same way.

I've also been working on praying EVERY night. I was really slacking and half the time counting my prayer with the boys as my nightly prayer HA. But I have been struggling personally (not in faith but with myself) and I have found that after just a week of saying daily prayer I already feel so much better. I've already regained that stronger grasp of Who I am and what's important.

I've still been struggling with not trying to push DH. I was really bummed last month because he was bidding for his days off for next year and it came down to the fact that he actually could have had Sunday's off and he didn't take it. We had recently had some amazing talks about the church and I got the feeling that maybe, just maybe he was thinking of going back and then Bam he passes it up. When I asked why, he just said he's not ready. I'm just working hard to accept it. Plus he has word of wisdom issues and I'm trying so hard to not be a witch and remember that right now he doesn't have a testimony of it and I can't push my faith on him. HE has to choose. But it makes me so sad on Sunday to look at my friends and see their worthy husbands and to know that mine isn't there. I love everything about him and I feel like we have this part of our marriage that's just missing.

Man this is getting really long.

One last thing, John has his FIRST primary talk tomorrow. I am so excited for him. He has an AMAZING spirit. I know that I got him for a reason. Is it sad that my 5 year old at times is already an example for me? One day we were playing and all of a sudden he just says "I know the Church is true" and I said oh yeah and how do you know and he quickly replied "Because Heavenly Father is there". I mean wow take my breath away. He was so sincere when he said, I almost started crying.
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Awww Alison that is so sweet! I don't think it's sad that a five year old is an example. My kids are often good examples to me. Of course, they are often bad examples as well... like biting each other in the face. I'm sorry Evan is taking a long time to come back. I think it is great you are being patient and not harping about it though. I have seen the patient, loving example wife work wonders on non-member or inactive husbands several times. Have faith!

So I wasn't sustained today - phew! - but the primary president knows now. And I asked if it meant her DH was moving into the bishopric and she was like, WHAT? But then the next day the bishop told her husband he wants him to move into the bishopric - HA! I so called that one.

She is going to give me a ton of info, I will go through it and come up with questions, and then we'll get together. I think that will work better than just meeting to transfer everything. I will have 1,000 questions.

She's already forwarded a few messages on to me and I am already like, Are you KIDDING ME. One of the scout masters wants people to start arranging their carpooling for scout day camp which is in JUNE (yes, as in, 7 months away).

They told me that they felt good about my list (yay!) and that the 2nd counselor accepted the calling. I don't know if that meant the 1st and secretary said no, or they hadn't spoken to them yet. It feels weird to me to pick my counselors. I tried really hard not to choose my friends. I mean, I know the ladies I chose, obviously, but we're not close friends.

Heather glad they felt good about your list! Even better that you know the 2nd counselor accepted!!

My husband sent me a text this evening and asked if I had gotten a phone call from this guy. I told him no and that I had no idea who it was. Well I guess he's in the ward and he left my DH a message. I looked him up in the ward directory and his calling is the YM sec. I'm wondering if he's our home teacher. We have never seen them since we moved in, infact no one even welcomed us into the ward. Hmmm wonder if thats why we dont like this ward?

Interesting. I'd bet his is your HT. Or he wants to ask one of you to share a 'special skill' with the YM... lol

I had a lot of bitterness and resentment toward our current HT. He had us assigned to him for like 9 months and he never came. Never even acknowledged us really! It drove me nuts. He would sit there every single Sunday... and I'm like, duuuude! So finally one month he wanted to come and I didn't want him to! My husband pointed out my flawed thinking - was I mad that he didn't come, or mad that he wanted to come? I kind of put him in a no-win situation. So he did come. And he was very sorry about not coming before. I still keep a tiny drop of anger (I know... I need to let go) but I'm getting better.

John's the EQ Pres and I've been in the RS presidency for over 3 years...so we apparently don't "need" HT/VTers. At least that's all I can figure since we haven't seen either one more than twice in the last 4 years!

I had a really hard time in RS on Sunday. When I was 1st counselor I wanted to call a different 4th Sunday teacher. For 2 years. The lady teaching had been teaching already for a year when I moved in FIVE years ago. I did finally get the president to let me take one of her Sundays (she was teaching 2nd and 4th) and give it to someone else but she wouldn't budge on releasing her completely even though I had some great names in mind, names that we were being bugged by the Bishop to put somewhere.

So when I was put in as 4th Sunday teacher, it smarted because that was something I had been trying and trying to change (not to be me, obviously, but to give this poor lady a break!) and the RS Pres' best friend walks into the calling and that's the first change she makes.

And then. It got harder. In our ward there are 4 of us who play the piano passably, 2 of us well. The organist and I are the ones that play well. Another gal plays for primary and the 4th has been my RS pianist. So in walks RS Pres BFF and she releases the RS pianist. But does she put ME, who can actually play so people can sing to it, in? Nope. I get dumped into the teaching position. They put a lady that can't even right hand the melody of the songs. And the poor lady is shaking in her shoes and does not want to be there especially when I and the gal they just released are sitting in the room. So awkward. I think she could string together 2 notes of melody at a time as we were trying to sing the songs. I am just having a really hard time seeing the forest for the trees here with some of these changes. And I know part of it is lingering resentment at who they put in when they released me. But more of it is always being told that we are to be using our gifts and to be happy to use our gifts and I happen to know this lady's gift lies in teaching whereas while I can teach alright (hate it, but I can do it) my true gift is on the piano. And she's uncomfortable, everyone else in the room is uncomfortable and it's just...ugh.

/rant

SO here I am and this is my little problem:
    Every Sunday is the same thing. Every single Sunday I get extremely angry and resentful, sometimes depressed and hopeless.
    I have to get ready for church with kids running around me, screaming, crying, going through my stuff (outfit, make up, etc) while DH is in bed not helping a bit!
    I get frustrated because I not only have to deal with all that at home but also at church, trying to keep them happy or the very least quiet.
    Thankfully we go to the same ward and his parents so they help me with them, but still is hard when both of them are cranky and both wants mommy and start fighting over me in the middle of sacramental meeting.
    IDK how to get pass this, DH shows no interest AT ALL to go back. He just got released from his calling as a stake "tech support" and it was just after an incident at the stake conference. He didn't even set it up, he said he couldn't do it because he had to work (he didn't have to work he just didn't wanted to do it). So now he's saying he wasn't good enough for the church and that he was released because of what happened last week at the stake conference. I told him not to think that way, because he didn't even set it up but he's convinced that that's what everybody is going to think. ONE MORE REASON FOR HIM NOT TO GO!
    Now he doesn't even need to make up an excuse not to go. He's mad at the ward/stake/church/whatever. And that made me angry at him because I know those leaders and that NOT how it looks. It makes me angry that he's not even trying to make up for not going or trying to join us.
    All I know is that every Sunday we grow apart...I get resentful and everything goes to he||.
    IDK how to deal with this. I thought that marrying a returned missionary would be a blessing and my family would be going to church and doing everything, but it turned out a fiasco. He has terrible memories about his mission, he hated, and when he talks about it seems like he's gonna have a heart attack. I'm so afraid the kind of message he's going to send to DS.
    He doesn't drink, or smoke or do anything against the church doctrine, but we don't read the scriptures together or have prayers or family home evening (he also dislike FHE). He does wear his "Gs" but that's it.
    IDK what else to do, his parents won't do anything to help me, his other 2 brothers also are inactive, one of them actually asked to get his records canceled in the church and he drinks and go to orgies and stuff....It's horrible. His mom doesn't know about it tho. She doesn't like to know that any of her sons drink or drank or had pre-marital sex. They don't tell her ANYTHING. Because she ASKED not to know this things.
    Anyway, it's messed up. His parents act as "we respect the decision you make" and that for me is a lazy way to parent.
    I'm just worried with the future of our marriage. God is supposed to bring a couple closer but now I feel the opposite is happening
    He does like that I'm going and working towards renewing my temple recommend (I had mine expired because I was inactive with him from DS's birth to his 2nd birthday).
    I'm not perfect, the sundays I don't teach I stay home, but I hated it because I feel it's DH's dragging me down. And it really does. I don't feel like going....ever! And I'm so thankful for my callings that MAKES me go to church.
    Is you read this far thank you for "listening"

~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~