Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1894

Thread: LDS Moms

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    We are super excited to be expecting a little girl. Its the first grand daughter for my parents and on my mom's side there has not been a girl in 11 years so its about time!
    I know that feeling! DD#1 was the first girl in 30 years on my father-in-law's side of the family. To say they were elated would be an understatement. We just had our second daughter a month ago and so I'm claiming that we have broken the Fox curse of having all boys.

    Congrats!

  2. #1712
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulovettfox View Post
    I know that feeling! DD#1 was the first girl in 30 years on my father-in-law's side of the family. To say they were elated would be an understatement. We just had our second daughter a month ago and so I'm claiming that we have broken the Fox curse of having all boys.

    Congrats!
    congrats on baby #2! You should stop in here and chat with us more often


    I am feeling so liberated from my garments. No, that does NOT mean I quit wearing them. I just finally, for the first time in 7.5 years (yikes!) replaced all of them. Like cleaned out all but 3 pairs that I had bought earlier this year, and demolished the old ones and have all news ones-and now all I have are the Carinessa and I them! I love putting them on in the morning and don't feel like I'm fighting with them to stay in place. Liberation!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



  3. #1713
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulovettfox View Post
    I know that feeling! DD#1 was the first girl in 30 years on my father-in-law's side of the family. To say they were elated would be an understatement. We just had our second daughter a month ago and so I'm claiming that we have broken the Fox curse of having all boys.

    Congrats!
    Thank you! Congrats on your new little girl!



  4. #1714
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    congrats on baby #2! You should stop in here and chat with us more often


    I am feeling so liberated from my garments. No, that does NOT mean I quit wearing them. I just finally, for the first time in 7.5 years (yikes!) replaced all of them. Like cleaned out all but 3 pairs that I had bought earlier this year, and demolished the old ones and have all news ones-and now all I have are the Carinessa and I them! I love putting them on in the morning and don't feel like I'm fighting with them to stay in place. Liberation!
    Oh man I LOVE that feeling. There is seriously nothing better then purchasing all new G's. I dont have the Carinessa tops but I plan on it after I have this baby . I love the bottoms and they are seriously the best!



  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    congrats on baby #2! You should stop in here and chat with us more often


    I am feeling so liberated from my garments. No, that does NOT mean I quit wearing them. I just finally, for the first time in 7.5 years (yikes!) replaced all of them. Like cleaned out all but 3 pairs that I had bought earlier this year, and demolished the old ones and have all news ones-and now all I have are the Carinessa and I them! I love putting them on in the morning and don't feel like I'm fighting with them to stay in place. Liberation!
    Thanks, I always forget about this forum It's so far down on the page. But you're right, I should stip in more often, I'll have to make an effort!

    I haven't replaced all my old garments but I did just buy some of the new Carinessa tops and bottoms. I LOVE the feel of the new bottoms and the Carinessa tops are awesome for nursing in. I will gradually be replacing most of my garment tops for the carinessa ones.

    Congratulations on your new found freedom, haha!

  6. #1716

    Default

    I just can't find on particular style or fabric that I love. I bought some, I forget what kind they even are, and I think I accidentally got petites because they end up being way too short on my legs. :/

  7. #1717

    Default

    I love the carinessa bottoms, I have yet to try the tops but think I might next time I get new G's.

    Well we got all moved and started going to our new ward 2 Sunday's ago, it is already a million times better than our old ward. We felt so welcome and wanted, the bishop was sincere in meeting with us. So many people came up and introduced themselves, they were all so nice. Kyle was also to get all the paper work from the bishop that we need to bless Kenzie on Sunday in my parents ward. He completely understands why we want to bless her there for family and everything. I went with my mom on Monday and bought Kenzie's blessing dress, it is so beautiful, I cannot wait for her to wear it!
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

  8. #1718

    Default

    Ashley that's awesome! - all of it! ;)

  9. #1719
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Ashley thats awesome! I'm so glad you like your new ward. You must share pictures of Kenzie's blessing!



  10. #1720
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Gah I have seriously been in such a blah mood when it comes to church. We moved into this ward in January and I've attended 3 times and I have only been to all 3 meetings once. Almost made it twice but then my DS had a breakdown and we left just before RS started. I do not even want to go. I have not talked to DH about it but I'm pretty sure he feels the same way. I cant go alone, Preston is to hard to handle in church by myself during sacrament meeting and my DH works every other weekend. He's actually volunteered to work a couple extra weekends this summer because of the double time also. I was really hoping when we moved into this ward we could make a fresh new start and become more active then what we were in our previous ward. We attended church in our previous ward but did not do any of the ward activities ever. I really dont like this ward, I know very few people and the rest arent to friendly. It seems to be pretty clique as well. My VT's have came by once. I havent even gone to the ladies I VT. I just feel so blah about it and I need to snap out of it because we need to go, I need to feel the Spirit more in my life and I know this but I just have no desire to go. A few sundays where we planned on attending my family did a family lunch (none of them attend). Please tell me I'm not alone in feeling like this?



  11. #1721

    Default

    I'm sure you are not alone. I can't say I'm in your shoes, but I do see how easily any of us could be that way. I mean if not for me going or DH going, I know there are weeks when it'd be easy to just not go! But then there are the kids too and they fully expect to go. So I guess for us it's just been a decision that church is just what we do on Sundays (barring illness or traveling) - even if we don't want to. And every Sunday one of the kids will announce that they don't want to go to church. Or they hate church. Mainly I think it's the clothes though. Truman just hates wearing anything but basketball shorts.

    Do you have a VT companion? Maybe you should try to do YOUR visiting teaching. Maybe one of those sisters really needs you.

  12. #1722
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    I'm sure you are not alone. I can't say I'm in your shoes, but I do see how easily any of us could be that way. I mean if not for me going or DH going, I know there are weeks when it'd be easy to just not go! But then there are the kids too and they fully expect to go. So I guess for us it's just been a decision that church is just what we do on Sundays (barring illness or traveling) - even if we don't want to. And every Sunday one of the kids will announce that they don't want to go to church. Or they hate church. Mainly I think it's the clothes though. Truman just hates wearing anything but basketball shorts.

    Do you have a VT companion? Maybe you should try to do YOUR visiting teaching. Maybe one of those sisters really needs you.
    My cousin is my VT companion and I seriously keep thinking that maybe one of those ladies needs me but I seriously have like no motivation to do it. My cousin has 4 kids, trying to sell her house and runs her own business and she's a wreck. She's told me she is. I'm going to call her tomorrow and see if we can schedule a time to go. I know she cant go unless her mom will take her kids and I cant go unless my DH is home.



  13. #1723

    Default

    You should just go by yourself if she can't or won't go. I mean, if the ladies are willing to accept a visitor.

    So... the bishop called me tonight. No idea why. I didn't answer, but not on purpose! I mean, I didn't know it was him. It was during dinner and since it wasn't a # I recognized I figured it might be someone wanting to use the building. Oh wait a minute... that actually may have been what he wanted! They are trying to schedule a ward deep-cleaning day and they said Sunday it was going to be the 17th but that day is already reserved for a wedding reception (and no one asked me about cleaning that day or I would have TOLD THEM... sheesh, I do have the all powerful binder and key!!!). Or he may be asking me to give a talk or it may be about my calling or it may be something else entirely! Who knows.

  14. #1724
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    You should just go by yourself if she can't or won't go. I mean, if the ladies are willing to accept a visitor.

    So... the bishop called me tonight. No idea why. I didn't answer, but not on purpose! I mean, I didn't know it was him. It was during dinner and since it wasn't a # I recognized I figured it might be someone wanting to use the building. Oh wait a minute... that actually may have been what he wanted! They are trying to schedule a ward deep-cleaning day and they said Sunday it was going to be the 17th but that day is already reserved for a wedding reception (and no one asked me about cleaning that day or I would have TOLD THEM... sheesh, I do have the all powerful binder and key!!!). Or he may be asking me to give a talk or it may be about my calling or it may be something else entirely! Who knows.
    Yeah I probably will go by myself. I'm thinking that that we should be able to coordinate a day and go together.

    I guess when you call the bishop back to tell him that day is already reserved he is sure going to be hating the fact that he didnt talk to you first.



  15. Default

    Do any of you guys actually attend Stake Conference?

    Ours is this weekend and now that they've called DH as EQ Pres and me as RS secretary we're kinda feeling the pressure to go. We've lived here for almost 6 years and only ever gone to 1 Stake conf. It's hard enough to get our 3 year old to sit through sacrament, 2 hours of stake conference would be a disaster plus now we have a 1 month old! I thought of at least attending the adult session on Saturday but I don't really wanna leave my 1 month old with a babysitter yet.

  16. #1726
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulovettfox View Post
    Do any of you guys actually attend Stake Conference?

    Ours is this weekend and now that they've called DH as EQ Pres and me as RS secretary we're kinda feeling the pressure to go. We've lived here for almost 6 years and only ever gone to 1 Stake conf. It's hard enough to get our 3 year old to sit through sacrament, 2 hours of stake conference would be a disaster plus now we have a 1 month old! I thought of at least attending the adult session on Saturday but I don't really wanna leave my 1 month old with a babysitter yet.
    This is going to sound so horrible but I think in my entire life I've attended Stake Conference twice, once being married. This last time we went was about a year ago Elder Holland came and spoke. We actually could not watch it, the stake center it was held in was not big enough and the other rooms they had it playing on tv. Preston would not sit still and behave so we found an empty room with a speaker and let him play in there. Would that be an option for you? Also I would think you would be fine to take your 1 month old to the adult session. At least I either would or I would not attend.



  17. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    This is going to sound so horrible but I think in my entire life I've attended Stake Conference twice, once being married. This last time we went was about a year ago Elder Holland came and spoke. We actually could not watch it, the stake center it was held in was not big enough and the other rooms they had it playing on tv. Preston would not sit still and behave so we found an empty room with a speaker and let him play in there. Would that be an option for you? Also I would think you would be fine to take your 1 month old to the adult session. At least I either would or I would not attend.
    That doesn't sound horrible to me actually. I was baptized when I was about 12 and from then until I left for college I probably went to stake conf a total of 3 times and DH's family were never big on going to stake conf either but for both of our families it was mostly an issue of distance - we lived pretty far from the stake center. Now we live like 20 minutes from it so distance isn't an excuse. Maybe I'll have DH look for possible alternate rooms tonight since he has to go set up chairs.

  18. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    This is going to sound so horrible but I think in my entire life I've attended Stake Conference twice, once being married. This last time we went was about a year ago Elder Holland came and spoke. We actually could not watch it, the stake center it was held in was not big enough and the other rooms they had it playing on tv. Preston would not sit still and behave so we found an empty room with a speaker and let him play in there. Would that be an option for you? Also I would think you would be fine to take your 1 month old to the adult session. At least I either would or I would not attend.
    That doesn't sound horrible to me actually. I was baptized when I was about 12 and from then until I left for college I probably went to stake conf a total of 3 times and DH's family were never big on going to stake conf either but for both of our families it was mostly an issue of distance - we lived pretty far from the stake center. Now we live like 20 minutes from it so distance isn't an excuse. Maybe I'll have DH look for possible alternate rooms tonight since he has to go set up chairs.

  19. Default

    sorry for the duplicate post, not sure how to delete it.

  20. #1730
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulovettfox View Post
    That doesn't sound horrible to me actually. I was baptized when I was about 12 and from then until I left for college I probably went to stake conf a total of 3 times and DH's family were never big on going to stake conf either but for both of our families it was mostly an issue of distance - we lived pretty far from the stake center. Now we live like 20 minutes from it so distance isn't an excuse. Maybe I'll have DH look for possible alternate rooms tonight since he has to go set up chairs.
    It worked really well for us to find a seperate room that still had the speakers turned on and no one else was there. Our toddler could run around and be loud and no one could hear him but us. We did make sure to take treats and toys for him as well. Good luck!



  21. #1731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ulovettfox View Post
    I thought of at least attending the adult session on Saturday but I don't really wanna leave my 1 month old with a babysitter yet.
    I've actually seen lots of people bring little babies to stake conference adult session. Presumably, nursing babies, I don't know. There was a couple last fall though who brought their TWO kids and they were both walking/talking and oh my goodness... the death looks they got. But we had an apostle there and it was kind of a big deal (we hadn't had one here since the 1970s).

    We usually try to go, but until recently we did not last the full 2 hours. We'd usually last an hour, MAYBE 90 minutes at most. It is very hard. It is almost like a 'freebie' Sunday if you have a calling that normally requires you to be there (like teaching a class or a ward-level presidency); it's kind of nice to have no obligations for two Sundays a year. It's also crazy hard with little ones. We live 3 minutes from our stake center (not even in Utah! Ha!) so distance is not a factor, but sanity is!

  22. #1732

    Default

    I am really weird and like going to stake conference, it was always a nice break from the norm of weekly church meetings. We have been really bad about going to them this past 18 months or so though, mainly because we had no idea where they were held! Whoops :o)

    Kenzie's blessing was yesterday and it was so beautiful. Kyle was so nervous about saying something weird or wrong but he was really able to listen to the spirit and he did so good. We had so many family members there to support us, we held a little brunch afterwards that went pretty well. The funny thing is during the middle of the blessing Kenzie started fussing some, come to find out that they almost dropped her, but my FIL grabbed her by the butt and my dad caught her head and they saved her! She looked so pretty in her dress, we got a few good pictures so as soon as I can find time to resize them I will post a couple.
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

  23. #1733
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Ashley so glad that Kenzie's blessing went well! Cant wait to see pictures! So glad that they were able to catch her and not let her drop. That would scare me so much!



  24. #1734

    Default

    I would love to see pictures! I'm glad it turned out so well. ;)

  25. #1735

    Default

    Here are a few pictures from Kenzie's blessing that I finally got uploaded to photobucket, I still dont know exactly how to use it so if the pictures are HUGE forgive me.





    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

  26. #1736

    Default

    Okay so those are way big, but I am too tired to figure it all out right now. :o)
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

  27. #1737
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,860

    Default

    Oh Ash she's beautiful! I love her dress!



  28. #1738

    Default

    What a cutie! The laughing one is so darling!

  29. #1739

    Default

    She looks so pretty! Glad it went well!
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09


    http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

  30. #1740
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity
    Posts
    30,564

    Default

    what a smiley little girl! Her blessing dress is beautiful. And I love the siggy pic with her tongue out!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •