Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1894

Thread: LDS Moms

Brandi, I know what you mean. I remember we hit a point with Lucy where it just was not worth it for me to try and do stuff with my family if DH wasn't around because she liked him better than she liked my family. Good for you for going! I do not like camping and would have totally used the 'no husband AND pregnant' cop out cards!

Glad I'm not alone in this. He woke up 3 times the first night telling me he wanted to go home and that he needed his dad and that his legs hurt. I think he's growing. The last 2 nights were much better on him, although during the day he would tell me he needed his dad. I love camping so I was excited to go but then when I got there I got hit by major allergies. When I got pregnant with Preston my allergies went away and I havent had them until this summer. I thought I was going to die, my eyes itched, I kept sneezing and just couldnt hardly breathe. Luckily my cousins love my little boy and kept him busy while I could lay down with a wash cloth over my eyes. I'm not sure I have any other plans for camping after my allergies hit me so hard.

Haven't been here for a while.

Brandi, I didn't know you were expecting! Congrats!

Ashley, congrats on your adorable little girl!

Heather, I'm with Brandi. There's only so much you can do if no one is going to help you out. Have you tried calling any of them and asking why they're not communicating ?
    Brittany, mommy to Boo and Bean, and Bear makes three!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuuriki View Post
    Haven't been here for a while.

Brandi, I didn't know you were expecting! Congrats!

Ashley, congrats on your adorable little girl!

Heather, I'm with Brandi. There's only so much you can do if no one is going to help you out. Have you tried calling any of them and asking why they're not communicating ?
    Thank you! We are super excited!

Wow its dead in here!

We drove past the new Brigham City Temple the other day and I cant believe how fast its going up! Angel Moroni is on top! The open house is scheduled for next fall and I cant wait! I'm really hoping that we can even attend the dedication.

That is wonderful Brandi, it's going to be a beautiful building. We were in Ogden the other day, they are working on taking the facade off of the Temple, its so crazy to see it all torn up.

I am debating on whether we should venture to church on Sunday or not? We haven't heard anything from the ward since the failed dinner, oh what correct that we got a call when I was 2 weeks Please asking if I could come help clean the church. DH about lost it, the guy who called is lucky I let the call go to the machine and that DH didn't answer it.

Ok since we are technically inactive, how many weeks do you think we need to attend for DH to be in good standing to be able to bless Kenzie? He is worthy in every other way besides actually attending church.
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

You don't technically have to be active as in, every sunday. As long as your Bishop knows you guys a little bit and understands the reasons he's been gone-life happens, you know? And life happening, getting in the way of every Sunday attendance, doesn't equal a person being unworthy for things like Temple attendance, blessing a baby, etc.

I've been to church 3 times in the last 8 months. And I still can't manage to get released from my calling

Just kidding. Sort of. Some days. My latest escapade is getting purple streaks in my hair tomorrow...just "hair bling" but still, purple is purple, right? My hairdresser-aunt tells me that I won't be Temple worthy if I do it. and I at her. Because the color of my hair totally reflects my moral and spiritual choices...
    Last edited by DucksLikeRain; 07-22-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    Glad I'm not alone in this. He woke up 3 times the first night telling me he wanted to go home and that he needed his dad and that his legs hurt. I think he's growing.
    You know, Penny gets this quite a bit. She's the only one of my kids to have this problem - leg pains at night from growing. She'll go through several days up to 2 weeks waking up with crying every night, then it goes away for months. It's so hard to not be able to help them!

Re: blessing the baby. I know that in a ward we used to go to, there was this family, the Lewis family. The dad had left them - moved out, started dating other women, filed for divorce - when the son was like 2 or 3. Fast forward to the son's 8th birthday and the dad was not in the church AT ALL. Hadn't been in all that time. He wasn't excommunicated or anything, but just stopped going. He did see his son on weekends and stuff. So then the boy wanted his older sister's husband (who was active and a big role model in his life) to baptize him, and this idiot in the bishopric was opposed to it, and said it should be the boy's father! And said, "As long as he pays tithing he could baptize him." Like, nevermind the adultery, abandoning your family, walking away from temple covenants, etc. Just pay your tithing and you can baptize your son. Crazy! So... my opinion is that the requirements for blessing a baby - a nonsaving ordinance compared to a saving ordinance - must be pretty easy peasy. I don't even think you have to have a current temple recommend do you? It's never been questioned when DH has blessed our kids. Just holding the M. priesthood is all that was required, I thought. You don't even have to do it at church. If your bishop ok's it you can do it at your home.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Just kidding. Sort of. Some days. My latest escapade is getting purple streaks in my hair tomorrow...just "hair bling" but still, purple is purple, right? My hairdresser-aunt tells me that I won't be Temple worthy if I do it. and I at her. Because the color of my hair totally reflects my moral and spiritual choices...

Ashley we were in Ogden a few weeks ago and had seen all the ground just torn apart at the temple. I also think you dont have to have a current temple recommend to bless a baby. I think you just have to have the M. priesthood like Heather said. When we blessed Preston, Kevin was not super active. Most of my pregnancy with him I was just way to sick to attend church and Kevin would go once in a while. Our bishop did not question anything.

Tif thats so funny your aunt said that. Please post pictures when your done

I was thinking the same thing about just needing to be a worthy priesthood holder, maybe I will see if I can get Kyle to go talk to the Bishop about it.

Tiffany my dad is a Bishop and allows my sister's to have purple in their hair, I also did a session with a lady that had hot pink hair.
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

I'm sure things will be fine for blessing her. Or you could do it at your parents' ward if you're more "connected" there or something. He just would need to OK your husband to do so. We blessed Keira at my parents' ward and the Bishop didn't know John but took his current Temple Rec. as a sign of being worthy. Likewise, all 3 of the babies that have been blessed at the hospital before they passed have been blessed by my dad-John hasn't been emotionally up to it-and our Bishop has said the same as far as ok'ing that as the official naming and blessing-the fact that Dad has a current rec. is enough for him.

John has a faux hawk right now (at my urging) and he doesn't hardly every style it that way. He won't wear it to work that way but this morning when I was blowing my hair dry he stepped out of the shower and I attacked him with it and made it stand up. I love it. So he's got that going on, the girls and I all got hair bling stuff in...I am so tempted to go out and get a 1-day wash out hair color to do his tips in and have him go to church that way tomorrow. But I don't think he will. He will at least wear his hair up that way to church-so he says-but I think he'll draw the line at the color!

Tif, we are planning on blessing her in our parents ward, it will be easier for everyone to come there then have to travel 30-50 miles. I would much rather do it there anyway because it is the ward we both grew up in. So hopefully we can get it put together. What we would really like to do is find our new apartment, transfer our records ASAP and start attending there and avoid our old ward altogether.

We got a call to our home phone Sunday night while we were visiting family, it was from the 1st Counselor of the Bishopric asking if we still lived here. I found it hilarious, DH not so much, he felt like if they really cared then they should be coming over to check on us, especially since we have our cell numbers down as our contact information.

Double post, stupid phone.
    Last edited by ashers; 07-27-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Hello sisters
    I'm glad I found this...I battling a demon right now and could use some LDS help...Brandi knows what I'm talking about. After I recover from my previous post on Rant.Venting room I'll post here.

~* How wonderful life is, now you're in the world *~

Ashley glad you guys are going to bless her in your parents ward! I cant believe they called to see if you were still in the ward. Why do they not have visiting teachers or home teachers coming by?

Thaby glad you found this room! We are here for you!

So I've been thinking lately that all the ladies that live here in Utah we should do an APA meet up!

We went to church last sunday, not this passed sunday but the one before. Gosh its been so long. We've been so busy with either DH working or being sick we have missed way to much. It felt good to be back. Of course we had to leave early. We have RS and Priesthood last. Preston was in nursery and was doing fine when all of a sudden one of the nursery leaders brings Preston into me while I'm in RS. He was crying so hard saying "I want my mommy and I want my daddy". I left the RS room with him and he would not stop crying for his dad. So we had to go find his dad and then he just kept saying "I want to go home", he cried all the way home and then for about 10 mins after we got home. We have no idea what happened, the nursery leader said he was fine until he heard someone say daddy and then he started crying. He has such a soft heart that I'm wondering if maybe another little kid took something from him, when that happens he gets so upset. We are going this sunday, DH does not work and I'm hoping that we do not have another repeat.

I went out with the RS President to try and do some new move-in visits last night (I say try because these never work out, wrong address, no one's home, no one lives there, etc. I think the Priesthood-missionaries or otherwise-should always be the ones doing the initial contacts because some of these places we've gone have been downright scary/shady and then to not even know if we're going to be at the right place...ugh). Anyhow, she told me she needed to talk to me about something. And then said that she wants to release me. And of course I start crying. She assured me it's not anything I have or have not done, she just feels like either John or I need release to quit drawing on the both of us in aux. leadership positions and the reality is that he is not going to get released any time soon. So she thinks I need to be to relieve my stress level. And then she wanted to know what I thought/felt. I was perfectly honest with her and told her that I am at a place with my emotional struggles that if I were put into a calling like primary where I had to have a lesson prepared every single sunday...I wouldn't likely come very often. right now I need to be able to just come to church on sunday and be there. I have not much to give and am in the position of needing to get/receive/be filled. I think we all have seasons of life and I've been in the position of being the one to give and really not get much out of sundays. that's fine. But right now that would be so bad for me. As 1st counselor in the RS presidency, as long as I have touched base with my teacher during the week before and know that my music is all lined up, I'm good. I can come and maybe I'll have to conduct RS, but that's all drawn up and put in front of me, not really a big deal. Other than that I can just sit in the lesson and be fed. And I worry that because of the size of our ward (it's really a branch by activity level, ward on paper) I won't get left alone. YW is short a counselor and an advisor and I KNOW that. But I also know that is one place that I will struggle. I don't connect well with them, I feel too young to be an authority figure and too old to relate. I live with two primary kids all day and I am so nervous and bad at teaching that I feel like putting me in primary would be so horrible for me.

I finally told her that if she was feeling impressed by the Spirit to release, then by all means she needs to. But if she think releasing me would relieve my level of stress, the opposite is probably true. If John were released it would probably be relieving. But that's not on the table.

I don't particularly LOVE my calling, but I like it. And I just feel like it's a good spot for me to be in, the right spot. I really hope this was just HER talking, and not her feeling prompted

Tif I'm wondering if its just her thinking and her thoughts and that she's not actually prompted. I will tell you though that if you are released and asked to do another calling say no. Tell them that you need to be taught, and that you need it. Let us know what happens.

How are you feeling by the way? I hope your doing okay!

Tif - that is nice that she talked to you about it. Maybe it was just a thought she had and she was feeling out the situation. I can understand what you mean about being worried about getting an even more taxing calling. That is one of the reasons I've not asked to be released as YW secretary. I don't like it, I don't get anything out of it, but at the same time there's no real reason I CAN'T do it, and the thought of some other things might not be much better. So I will wait for the bishop or whomever to feel that I should do something different. Or I'll just snap. One of those.

I am thinking/hoping it was mostly feeling out the situation. She made mention of how long I'd been in the presidency and I pointed out it was only coming on 3 years and she was all confused, thinking it had been at least 5 (which is longer than we've even lived here ) I think my biggest fear is the loss of the relationship. She's older than me-she's 45-but is one of my closest friends in the ward. That was how it was with the former president and I also. And when she got released and I was left in the presidency to fend for myself with the new presidency (and I did NOT like the new president at the time! I know I vented in here about it, too) well, the old president and I haven't seen each other, even on Sundays, more than 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years because she's buried in Primary. And I just worry that would happen again with this president if I got released and shoved into primary or YW or something. Mostly...I'm comfortable where I'm at. Don't like change.

I hope she was just thinking about it because she thought it would help your stress level, and not because it was inspired. If it was inspired to release you, and you are asked to do another calling, I agree with Brandi, I'd say no and that you need a break for a little while so you can be spiritually fed. Good luck with whatever happens! I hate change too!

I need to get into some good habits again, with personal prayer and scripture study. I'm done being hurt and angry and prideful, and I'm ready to start building my spiritual side again. But it's been so long since I've said my prayers that I worry that I'll kneel down and not know what to say, or that Heavenly Father won't be listening, and maybe I don't deserve to be listened to anyway. I know it's silly, but I still worry.

What do you ladies do when reading your scriptures? Do you read straight from beginning to end? Or search for certain topics? And how do you make yourself do it? I have a really hard time because I'd rather be reading a book than my scriptures before bed. But I need to force myself to do it, and hopefully it will become a habit. Our family sure could use the blessings from doing what we're supposed to. And I've had a feeling for a long time that not reading my scriptures and praying often has been what's causing the holdup on getting pregnant. Maybe I'm crazy but it's kind of like a little voice in the back of my mind keeps saying over and over "you know what you need to do" each month when I despair not being pregnant. So maybe this little spirit isn't ready to come down until I'm spiritually ready. I don't know. But it certainly wouldn't hurt to start doing what I'm supposed to.

Sorry to ramble so much. I just needed to get some thoughts out.
    Kyli (26) DH (29) Liam (5/13/09) Evette (10/18/12)

Kyli I'll be the first to admit that I'm the worst person there is to talk to about scripture study. I do not find it interesting to say the least. I know it needs to be done but I just dont do it. I'll get really good for a long time and then something comes up that it doesnt get done one night and then its out the window again. However, I'm much better at personal prayer. I never kneel to pray because I get into bed and then say oh yeah I need to pray and I'm to lazy to get back out. DH and I need to work on praying together better. We are not perfect and have a lot to work on.
    You'll get there sometimes it just takes a little while of feeling angry or hurt. I believe that God understands . Oh and I'm sure that little voice telling you that you know what to do is the Holy Ghost so I guess you better do it

I'm not great at reading scriptures. I actually like it when I have to teach a lesson in YW or sub in primary because it forces me to read some. I like reading by topic more than just reading front to back. Especially with the Book of Mormon. I have started and stopped that thing so many times, it's ridiculous. I find it terribly boring. (Am I allowed to say that?) And confusing! Maybe because I grew up on the New Testament. I love the NT and whenever I have free time and do turn to the scriptures, I either read by topic, or I read the NT.

I am getting really annoyed by the leadership in our Stake and our Bishop. I shouldn't, but I can't help it.

Sunday is the Teaching For Our Times lesson and it's supposed to be the Bishop's choice which talk from April we are doing. I have my poor teacher hounding me, John his EQ teacher hounding him, John and the RS President have been hounding the Bishop. I've emailed him multiple times, I even got John and the RS pres to give me some talk suggestions to narrow it down for him. Nothing. On Wednesday night he told the RS Pres he knew he had an email from me (sent Sunday night) but he hadn't gotten around to reading it even though the subject line SCREAMED that it was time sensitive! I just think it's rude and inconsiderate and disorganized. And it's all because he's been in 8 years and thought he was being done over 2 years ago. The other 3 bishops put in at the same time as him have all been released over the past 2 years, but not him. And our ward can TELL he's done. He hesitates to make any changes-even simple ones-because he doesn't want to deal with it and keeps thinking he won't have to if he waits long enough.

And then Stake RS Presidency...ugh. I'm not even going to get going on them, other than to say it's more of the same last minute disorganization only they're asking us to have the sisters in our ward donate their time, efforts, resources and money in 3 weeks but keep changing what's going on, giving us minimal details, changing those details and not responding to requests for more information.

Ugh. That is so very frustrating Tif. I know changes happen slowly in our ward, but not that bad!

I did finally email the bishop about my YW situation. There was a nasty incident at the airport the other day that kind of tipped the scale for me to do that. And yesterday we had a YW presidency meeting and now 12 of the other ladies' 13 kids are in school (one toddler still home) but of course I have my kids with me all the time. So we were discussing where to have our next meeting, and the 1st counselor said, "Oh my kids would be so mad if they came home from school and saw someone had been playing with their stuff," and the president said, "Oh yeah, mine too!" And then I felt like they were just STARING at me waiting for me to volunteer. So finally I said, "Well I guess we can have it at my house." Though I really didn't want to. Because they do them at 1 p.m. Which means I have to finish with homeschool, clean that all up and put away, make lunch, and have my kids eat their lunch and get that cleaned up, before 1 p.m. Which is a bit hard to do, especially since I really have to have dinner started in the crock pot too that day since Lucy will be going straight to girl scouts til 4:30 and we won't be home til 5 and David gets home at 5:30 starving. It just complicates my day. So I emailed the president and said, can we do the meeting at church? The church is only 2 minutes from my house so it shouldn't be a problem. And then I don't have to contend with cleaning my house, just all the other stuff. I really am just so sick of these ladies and their attitude.

So I did email the bishop - I didn't come out and say 'release me,' but I did tell him I've struggled in this calling and told him about the issues with the meeting time and how it works for them but not for me, and that maybe it's not the right time for me to have this calling because I do feel I should be putting my kids first. But I told him I would keep doing the calling, but I wanted him to be aware. So I guess that's all I can do really.

I'm glad you finally emailed, Heather. I hope he'll take it to heart. I know with our bishop there are times where he seems to not have heard a word you said-like when John asks to be released from his calling-and others where is response is very much of the "thank you, I wouldn't ever have guessed that's how you were feeling" nature. I guess lately we've had a number of people in primary literally just quit their callings. Like they tell the Primary Pres that they're done, they're quitting and she's all and asks them if they realize it's not like a job, and that they have to be released by the bishop before she can get anyone to fill in for them. And they just don't care, walk away and don't show up to teach their classes anymore. And she has had NO CLUE that they were unhappy, bored, stressed, whatever the situation might be. To me that's just weird. It's one thing to let the bishop or whoever know, and if nothing changes to then speak up and say I'm not asking to be released, I'm telling you to release me. But to just quit???

Sorry you ladies are being frustrated by the leadership in your wards. We still dont make it every sunday so I dont really know how it is in our ward. My old ward was great though, you asked to be released and within 2 weeks we were done. They always had a problem finding primary teachers though, so that may of taken longer then 2 weeks but not normally. I hope things get better and get better quickly!

Brandi how did you get to be 19 weeks already? Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    Brandi how did you get to be 19 weeks already? Girl!
    I know its crazy right? It has seriously flown by! Sunday we hit 20 weeks and I'm so excited to be half way done! We are super excited to be expecting a little girl. Its the first grand daughter for my parents and on my mom's side there has not been a girl in 11 years so its about time!