Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1894

Thread: LDS Moms

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    @ashers - I usually get them within 3 or 4 days. I'm in Indiana though so you will probably get them faster! I loved maternity bottoms. The tops were always so huge on me, even hugely pregnant, but oh how I did love those bottoms. I kept wearing them for months afterward even when it was all saggy. I hated putting something around my natural waist again!
    Thanks for the info! I didnt bother with getting the tops just yet, I have always gotten the tall and they still cover everything and the others just looked ridiculously baggy. I am so excited for them to come! I hope to be so much comfier!

Brandi, I am so glad that your surgery went well, I am sorry you had to wait a week to get it out. You will feel so much better in a short time! Hope you can get some good rest and recover quickly!
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

Brandi how are you feeling now? I hope the pain is easing up.

My husband starts 15 hour Tuesdays today, for the next 8 weeks. One of the adjunct instructors got a job offer in Florida and the only way out of his conract teaching a Tues night class at my husband's college was for someone to take it over - so DH did. It's a drag he has to work such long days on tuesdays, but nice that he'll get about $1000 extra in the next two months.

I pointed out to him that that's more than half the cost of a vasectomy reversal. He didn't seem to agree.

Heather thanks for asking. I'm doing much better. I'm a week out of surgery today and I'm not in to much pain anymore. Just a little sore around some of the incisions. Last night I over did it though and I had to take a couple pain pills. Today I'm hoping I wont have to take them.

Yay for extra money! I say go for the vasectomy reversal! Otherwise thats a good chunk of money to put away for a rainy day. I hate long days though, my husband works 12 hour shifts its hard with kids but then I get more time off with him later in the week!

Heather I hate Tuesdays right now too, DH is at school from 7:30-12, then work 1-11. They are such long days, we get to share lunch most Tuesdays so that helps some. So I hope that the weeks fly by, even though the extra money is nice.

Brandi I am glad that you are feeling better, its hard to gage how much is to much when it comes to healing.

I got my G's in the mail and tried out a pair yesterday that I despise, they are the drisylk (sp?) ones, my mom really wanted me to try them out, she loved them when she was preggo. I felt so uncomfortable in them all day, I am trying to decide if I want to even open the other package of them. I also ordered two of the cotton/poly blend and am wearing them today, oh my, they feel so nice, I am not being cut in half anymore and they stay in place.
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Glad you're feeling better, Brandi!

Ashley, have you tried the carinessa ones? I'm seriously considering buying all new garments and ONLY getting carinessa tops and bottoms. I love them. I have a love/hate relationship with the drysilque ones. I like that if they roll up under my pants they're thin enough that the line's not that noticeable, but they make me sweat really bad, all year round. And the tops just won't stay put at all! I think the Cotton Poly and the Carinessa are the only way to go for me. We'll see what I think after I'm done being pregnant! I think my favorite part of the carinessa bottoms, beyond the closer fit, is the waistband. It's like 2-3 times as wide as all the other styles and is so much more comfortable pregnant or not! AND the rise isn't as high so they're not going up to my bra line

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Tif I love the carinnessa ones, they just dont make them in maternity garments so I took suggestions from my mom on what to try and got 2 pairs of the drysilque and 2 pairs of the cotton poly. I will never wear either type after pregnancy again, but right now I am just happy to be more comfortable :o)

Ah, see, I hate the maternity bottoms. I don't mind the tops, but the bottoms...I just hate having any kind of anything up over my belly, even the maternity pants with a full panel. Doesn't seem to matter what size of the maternity bottoms I got, within an hour or two that elastic up at the top feels like a vice, even when it's not tight at all!

But yay for being comfortable! That's what truly matters!

The only problem I have had with the bottoms that is truely annoying is they are short on my legs, I even got the 'tall' sizes and they still only come up about half as high on my thigh as to what my non-maternity ones do. Oh an the drysilque ones made me feel like I didnt have any undies on at all, weird feeling for me! I dont mind the band being higher up, I have never been able to wear anything lower, so right now below the belly, it steams from an injury from my youth.

Tif have members of your ward figured out what is going on with you and your family yet? Are they showing more compassion?

Yeah, they're alright. Mostly they're sort of taken out of the picture right now since we're out here at my mom's place. There are actually a couple ladies in my mom's ward that have been taking the girls one or two afternoons a week to play at their houses. I would so love to be able to sell our house and move out here, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Next week is spring break and the RS president has gotten people lined up for M-F 10am-4:30pm to take the girls...if they follow through. That's a tough thing, it seems, for people in our ward But that will give my mom a good and much needed break I think.

Well I am glad that your mom's ward has stepped in some and is doing some compassionate service for you and your girls. I bet that helps you and your mom out tremendously. I hope that they dont fall through, it seems like that happens more and more lately with ward members. We had a get together for all the RS sisters that live in our apartment complex just to get to know which of our neighbors are members, only 3 of us showed up (the planner, a Pres. member, and me) out of 42 sisters, 25 of which had RSVP'd that they would be there! I hope that they follow through and do what they say, I am sure your girls love getting out and playing too.

I hope the ward follows through for you.

I took the kids to achievement days. I was told that 2 other women would have their little kids with them, but both of them ended up having sitters instead. So I felt like an idiot and everyone pretty much treated me like one, like I didn't know it was mother-daughter night and how dare I bring my little kids with me. I don't know what is wrong with people. Then we ended up sitting alone in the corner and I burned my fingertips off making these stupid hair bow crafts. I did not have a good evening. I'm going to put the kids to bed, have a good cry, and watch a movie.

Heather I'm sorry that you did not have a good evening. It also sounds like from facebook that you have not a great morning. Sometimes life just sucks.

So we had a couple people who brought in meals while I had surgery. I guess 2 of them are my visiting teachers. I was in bed the first night they brought dinner. We just moved to this ward I know very few people and I want to do thank you cards but I cant even remember their names let a lone their faces. I'm not going to be at church on sunday because my husband works so I'm really considering calling my RS pres and getting their names and asking her if I can drop their containers off at her house and let her get them their stuff back. Would that be bad?

Brandi that wouldnt be bad at all, thats how I would do it right now, even having lived in my ward almost a year. When my mom was going through chemo she would always write a little thankyou (sometimes after calling to double check who the meals were from) and then have my dad drop them off at the RS pres house and she would take everything back to people. I am glad that they were willing to help you out some while you were out of commission.

I would totally call. I had to do that for a few people who brought us meals after Penny was born. We'd been in the ward about six months but still didn't know everyone's names.

Today has not been super great, you are right. One of my kids, IDK which one, broke a fragile little bird antique heirloom things while we were VTing this morning. I'm not mad at my kids - they didn't do anything wrong, just lost balance and grabbed onto a desk to break their fall, and it jarred a glass shelf inside the desk. The lady said she could glue it back on but I could tell she was ticked. It just irks me that I even have to take my kids to this appointment or any VT appt for that matter. My companion absolutely refuses to go VT in the evening or on weekends. So I have to bring all my kids. And this sister's house we were at today is one of those that is immaculate - all the time! And she only has 2 teenagers, so it's not very little-kid friendly. It was just very stressful being there. Then we had another VT appt later today. That one went okay. No broken heirlooms. I'm just really getting frustrated.

Oh no, Heather! You need to talk to your RS president-or at least the VT coordinator. This is the kind of thing we like to hear because nearly every month there are some changes that need made due to people moving in, out, work schedules changing and it's good to know other changes that need to be done while we're at it. I know in my ward we do our best to accommodate things like kids and when visits could be done w/o them (day vs night routes) but also when the companion isn't willing/able to work around the kid part, too!

Oh wow Heather that sucks. I agree with Tif you need to contact someone regarding this. I was asked to be a VT I havent done it in a couple years. I told them that I could only do it if I had a partner who understood that my husband works rotating shifts. Luckily she paired me with my cousin so I'm not to worried about that. But Heather if you feel like its to much its okay to tell them you do not want to do it anymore. I've done it before and so has my mom.

My companion was totally weird to me at our 2nd VT appointment today. She seemed kind of angry, maybe that my kids broke the bird at the other lady's house, who knows... and she kept making all these little passive aggressive comments to me. And the one that bugged me the most was, my kids had brought some books to read while we were there and one of them was a High School Musical book. She said, "It makes me feel better to see that. My husband thinks that homeschooled kids are smarter (she doesn't homeschool), but seeing that your kids read that makes me feel better about not homeschooling." I was kind of shocked, and then the sister we were visiting said something about how that was kind of rude, and she tried to backtrack but all she could come up with was, "Oh not that there's anything wrong with High School Musical... it's cute. Just not the most intelligent thing to read a book about."
    what???
    Seriously. I don't know.
    I did tell the rs pres that my companion needs to be changed before the end of summer. In summer David is home more so I can go more easily without the kids, but once August comes and he goes back full time, I am not going to rearrange our school day and everything else because she refuses to go at night or on Sunday. Don't most people go on Sunday??? I used to ALWAYS go on Sunday in other wards.

I have seen that more home teaching is done on sundays but not visiting teaching. I would ask to be changed this month honestly. Or let her go alone. My mom's visiting teachers come the first mon or tues of the month at like 6pm. Its a set schedule that they have agreed upon. Sometimes the one takes her grandson because her daughter will be at work but he's always so cute and welcomed to their house. He loves going and he's just a cute kid.
    I think that is super rude that your companion would say such a thing. I mean if she doesnt want to be with you she can ask be to changed as well, she doesnt need to be rude.

Oh Heather I am so sorry! I am glad that you told your RS pres you need a change, I hope that she can make it happen soon for you! You are just trying to do what you know is right and these people are just making it miserable, that not how VT is supposed to be. Since moving I have really hated VTing, in my old ward, it was a young married ward, they had us split into districts and then into groups of 3-4 sisters, we would get together each month all of us at the same time, have a lesson then just chat or teach a talent to the others. We would switch groups or mingle with other groups about every 3-4 months. They would always put new sisters with those who had been in the ward awhile so we all got to know people, some great friendships were made. We also had some sisters who would bring their little ones with, it was a great chance to give service to them too by helping out some. I am ready to just give up on VT altogether, my partner is still ignoring me and I am just getting hounded for not going every month. I hope you can get something worked out!

ktbug Guest

Hope ya'll don't mind me posting a question in here....

I was looking at the wedding pictures thread in Random and noticed that all of you gals that are LDS or married in a LDS Temple had short sleeves/cap sleeves on your dresses.

Is this a tradition for the religion or just a coincidence? I love learning about differences that each religion has! Most of all I think all of the Temples are beautiful and the flowers and such that are around it are simply amazing!

I don't think I have ever seen a LDS Temple in my area, I'm curious now though and will have to pay more attention when I'm driving.

Quote Originally Posted by ktbug View Post
    Hope ya'll don't mind me posting a question in here....

I was looking at the wedding pictures thread in Random and noticed that all of you gals that are LDS or married in a LDS Temple had short sleeves/cap sleeves on your dresses.

Is this a tradition for the religion or just a coincidence? I love learning about differences that each religion has! Most of all I think all of the Temples are beautiful and the flowers and such that are around it are simply amazing!

I don't think I have ever seen a LDS Temple in my area, I'm curious now though and will have to pay more attention when I'm driving.
    We (if I can speak for all of us) don't mind you posting here or asking questions. You are welcome.

As for the sleeves, it's not a coincidence. We are counseled to follow certain modesty standards and anything sleeveless is generally out (with the exception of things like swimming suits.) To be married in the temple, the dress worn during the marriage ceremony must be completely white and actually has to cover the arms to the wrists, have a neckline up to the collarbones and be floor length. Most brides wear an insert under their dress to achieve that coverage because those standards are specifically for the marriage ceremony. It's considered completely modest to wear a short-sleeved dress for the other marriage-related celebration activities outside the temple after the ceremony.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

ktbug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moosh34 View Post
    We (if I can speak for all of us) don't mind you posting here or asking questions. You are welcome.

As for the sleeves, it's not a coincidence. We are counseled to follow certain modesty standards and anything sleeveless is generally out (with the exception of things like swimming suits.) To be married in the temple, the dress worn during the marriage ceremony must be completely white and actually has to cover the arms to the wrists, have a neckline up to the collarbones and be floor length. Most brides wear an insert under their dress to achieve that coverage because those standards are specifically for the marriage ceremony. It's considered completely modest to wear a short-sleeved dress for the other marriage-related celebration activities outside the temple after the ceremony.

Thank you, I always enjoy learning about different customs/traditions/standards other religions have. I am kind of new to the religious world and everything fascinates me.

What moosh said.

Moosh said it all. Glad to have you pop in, I love learning about traditions and customs of other religions too.

Here's a list (in alphabetical order by city) of the temples around the world. You can see if there is one close by where you live. All of them are beautiful, with flowers and fountains. There usually is an Easter pageant and during the Christmas holidays the grounds are lit up with thousands of Christmas lights, if you ever want an excuse to drive by.
    Kyli (26) DH (29) Liam (5/13/09) Evette (10/18/12)

Kyli gave you a great list!

On saturday we were able to travel down to Mount Timpanogos temple to see my cousin sealed. I had never been to that temple. Its just beautiful! I cried through the whole ceremony haha. I still cant believe that my cousin is old enough to be married, its just crazy to me. I love the piece I feel when in the temple!

I'm back in the hospital. I'm kind of hoping they keep me instead of discharging tomorrow and readmitting barely more than a week later. My ward has been great so far this week. The girls had an incredible day going to the zoo and getting new dress up clothes with one family yesterday...seriously, the zoo? My girls aren't the easiest kiddos on the block so that was daring! Then my VT and the RS pres came over with dinners for the week. Today the girls get to go to some parks to ride scooters and then a playdate for lunch and to a police force family fun day because the sister that is watching them is doing the photography there, and her husband is on the force. And the rest of the week is just as planned out for them! It's the perfect week for me to start my hospital stay because they'll be so preoccupied. But I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Tif I am so glad that you ward has stepped up to help you so much! Your girls will be well taken care and have some fun times! You have been in my prayers and my DH asks how you are doing everyday. I pray that your little boy continues to bake and grow and that the docs can help you!

I love going to the temple also, the feelings there are amazing and each one provides its own special spirit. When we got married we went on our honeymoon to St. George and while there did a session, you can feel the spirits of those who sacrificed so much for that beautiful building. I was talking with my DH the other day that we wont be able to make it back to the Ogden Temple again before the close for the remodel, I know its a different style building right now but its so beautiful and holds special meaning to us, so its kind of sad to see it changing.

Tif have you have you had a blessing yet? I put your family name on the prayer roll at the Mount Timpanogos temple. I'm actually just getting ready to do the same at the Logan temple. Lots of prayers are going your way!

Ashley I didnt know you were close to Ogden? Were you married there? I've never been through the Ogden temple, wouldnt it be cool if we could meet up and do a session there together before they close it? I'm so super excited for the Brigham temple. It will be our new temple. Although I was married in the Logan temple and that will always be "my" temple.

I haven't had a blessing yet. I know I should...but the last two times it has been more of a blow than a comfort to hear words only blessing me, assuring of my health and personal strength in times if despair and mourning. I don't think I'm ready to hear that again. And it's not that l don't have faith that this time could be different, I'm just not ready for my hopes and prayers to be dashed the way they've been in the past.

Brandi, I grew up in Roy and lived in Layton for the first few years of marriage, the Ogden Temple was our assigned temple and we would go at least every month if not more. We now live in SLC and look forward to visiting all the temples around here now, I love doing sessions in the SLC Temple, thats were we were sealed, and live sessions have a different spirit to them too. That would be cool if we could meet up for a session, but they close a on April 1st, and we are currently working on renewing our recommends. We allowed them the expire after moving and getting situated and then forgot to make the appointments, then got pregnant and havent been to meetings like we know we need to so we are working on becoming "active" members again. We hope to have them here in the next month so we can go a few times before baby gets here and DH really needs to feel that peace.

Tif I know how you feel, I have felt that way a few times in my life, nothing to the extent of what you are going through but I prayer you can find comfort. I pray you can find some comfort in some way.
    Last edited by ashers; 03-22-2011 at 12:31 PM.