Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1894

Thread: LDS Moms

Tif I wear my g's next to the skin with my bra on top. It took me a while to get used to it but I always thought the g's were suppsed to be touching your skin. My husband said because the g's represent the coats of skins that Adam and Eve were given, its supposed to cover our nakedness. He said that the bra is just an accessory and because the g's cover our nakedness the bra would go on top. I'm seriously going to go buy some carinessa tops tomorrow. As long as our new couch comes in I'll be heading to town.

Thats crazy that they asked you to speak in church when you havent been there in a while and I'm sure they all knew you were on bed rest?

You're right. The temple matron told me that the garment needs to be against your skin. The only time it's okay for it not to be is during your period, when it's ok to wear "regular" underwear and your garment bottom on top of that.
    I have to admit, first hearing that garments existed freaked me out. Then I got to be ok with it, then I learned I was supposed to wear a bra on TOP of a shirt??? That took another little while to come to grips with. Now, when I don't wear them (for certain doctor appts - dermatologist for example), a bra against my skin feels weird and uncomfortable.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

I'm the same way, Heather. There's been a few times that I have gone to the gym, showered and changed, and realized I forgot to bring garments with me, or other such situations and my bras are so uncomfortable against my skin!

I have on one of the new tops and I love it! I like having a form-fitting top on under my clothes so I usually use a tightish spaghetti tank over my bra/garments but under my shirts. I don't think I'll need to now, which will make it cooler in the summer!

Oh, and I just love the mid-calf length carinessa bottoms, too. I have them on right now with some leggings and you can't see any lines at all!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    You're right. The temple matron told me that the garment needs to be against your skin. The only time it's okay for it not to be is during your period, when it's ok to wear "regular" underwear and your garment bottom on top of that.
    I have to admit, first hearing that garments existed freaked me out. Then I got to be ok with it, then I learned I was supposed to wear a bra on TOP of a shirt??? That took another little while to come to grips with. Now, when I don't wear them (for certain doctor appts - dermatologist for example), a bra against my skin feels weird and uncomfortable.
    I could have written this all myself

Tif I'm so glad you like the mid-calf bottoms, I ordered some 2 months ago and they were missing from my order and so they re-shipped them and for some reason the person shipped them to an old address, so now the are being sent again I can't wait for them to get here! I'm hoping I love them with Jeans
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

I hope you love them, Ali! I really like having a hugging feeling-both up top and down bottom. So I love them even with jeans. In high school and college I sometimes wore tights, thigh highs or longjohns under my clothes just to get that tight feeling. Comforting or something, so I really like that my garments can do that now! And the waistband...love it. It's like 1.5" wide or something instead of the narrow ones on the rest. I have been jealous of John's waistbands, especially when pregnant, and now I don't have to be! AND I feel like they actually got the rise right. I don't think they do petite in them. I usually get petite bottoms even though I'm not that short in that area, but because they're so overly huge/tall from the crotch to the waist. The carinessa ones are still a little bit, but nothing like the rest!

Is it nuts that I could go on and on about them....?

It took me a while to get used to wearing g's under my bra, but now to go without a top like when I go to yoga feels really weird to me. I always wear mine to my doctors appointments, I figure they mean something to me and I dont care what the doctor thinks. I really need to get some of the new carinessa tops, the two that I have right now are from the first generation "lets see how these sale" series. The new ones look so much nicer!

I hate speaking in church! I get so nervous, my face/neck/ears go all red, I get flustered, and just want to curl up in a ball and cry!! My DH is an awesome public speaker, probably from his mission experiences, so I would rather just listen to him. :O)

I finally heard from my Visiting Teachers today!! I have meet one of the sisters a few times, we actually moved into the ward around the same time and she feels how I do about the ward. I guess she has asked for nearly 8 months to get a list of sisters to visit and she just barely got one a week ago! I am hoping that I can get to know her a little more since having a friend in the ward would make it a little bit easier to get going consistently again, I just wish DH could make a friend, he needs someone!
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

Yay for hearing from your VT!! I really have to get on the ball with mine. I'm going to try and at least send a card to everyone on my list next month!

Tif I LOVE the regular bottoms too. I get petite in all the other styles as well so I was nervous when they only had regular but they are PEFECT! That's why I figured I'd love the Mid ones.

I think it's funny that I'm "Excited" for my garment order to get here LOL I'm a total dork

Oh and another Total dork thing. I am so excited I just downloaded 4 different 4x6 booklets from the idea door and am using my LivingSocial deal of the day (pay $10 for $50 of vistaprint stuff) to have photo albums made with them I'm hoping my kids love them. I did the ABC for older kids, ABC for younger, Mormand and the Prophets one.
    Last edited by EvandAl; 02-23-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Right about the doctor - what I meant is, the dermatologist always wants to lift the back of my shirt and take a peek at the skin on my back (even if I'm there for a different part of my body - guess they always like to check just to be safe) and he can't see the skin on my back if I am wearing garments under a bra, and they don't ask me to undress and put on a gown or anything. So then it'd be really awkward and I'd have to undo my bra and take off my top and all. For regular doctor appointments like the GYN or whatever, I wear them, because I can take off my clothes in private.

I am totally struggling today. I keep bursting into tears.

Lucy's baptism is on Sunday. My in-laws are flying in today. I go pick them up in 4 hours at the airport. I just finished cleaning my house. I still need to make beds and vac upstairs, but otherwise I'm done. (woo)

What is stressing me out is planning the baptismal service. We got a new WML and the man is very nice, but totally clueless. We've had to explain several things TO HIM (like that Lucy will be confirmed on the same day because she's not a convert). He asked us to tell him who we'd like for talks, prayers, songs, etc. Then we thought, well how about during the intermission waiting for the wet participants to dry off and come back in, we show a video of pictures of Lucy set to primary songs? These seemed okay to us, but when I asked the bishop, he said no. He said, "It needs to be about the ordinance, not the individual." Well, I have to admit, this ticked me off a bit. Because our stake president has recently said to us, "When we take part in gospel ordinances, we need to remember that we do so as individuals." (talking about the temple, the sacrament, etc) I thought the bishop was a bit curt with me as well.

This past Sunday I asked the primary president to take a look in the closet and see if there was a jumpsuit or dress for Lucy to wear. I did this because 3 weeks ago SHE told ME to remind her to check (in case the other ward took them to wash or something). She was totally flippant with me and started complaining about how stressed she was because one of her counselors wasn't there (one...but the other was, and the secretary, so...???) and asked if we could do it after church. I already needed to get Lucy to the bishop's office after church for her interview. So I said, can't I just borrow your key for a second and check myself? She begrudgingly gave it to me (it took us all of thirty seconds to check - yep, little dress in there, okay).

Oh and also the bishop reminded me that the WML and the PP need to be planning the service. Um yeah... but they don't seem to be interested in doing that at all.

And the cherry on top of all of this is that my best friend, or I thought, left me a message last night that she and her family aren't coming. I sent them an invitation but since they live 2 hours away didn't really think they'd come, but then last week she said "We'll definitely be there." So I told Lucy and the kids about it - my kids think her kids are their cousins - it's cute and sad at the same time (we have no cousins). So now I have to un-tell Lucy they're coming. She's going to be hurt. I'm incredibly hurt. My husband wanted my friend's husband to stand in to confirm Lucy - just him and my FIL - because we don't have home teachers (who come anyway) and are not good friends with any of the families in our ward, especially the men.

So now will it look totally weird if it's just DH and my FIL? That's all I want, that's all DH wants. I guess a member of the bishopric might jump in there.

I don't know. I'm so sad and upset and stressed.

I know the baptism is what matters and I'm so happy she's getting baptized. I'm so proud of her. I just want her to have an awesome day and I want people to CARE about her and her special day.

Heather I totally wish I could jump on a plane and come!

BIG Hugs!

Yikes, Heather! That's a lot all at one time for something that's supposed to be such a wonderful and peaceful experience.

About the video thing-I've heard the same thing, that any video needs to be about the ordinance or that you can have an open time to bear testimonies, a special musical number, etc but that's about it. That being said, the Bishop could have been much more kind and understanding when telling you that!

And the primary president blowing you off and not giving any help with the planning? That seems kind of off. I'm not surprised the WML isn't-especially if he's new-but for an 8yo primary child it seems like our primary presidency is always involved in some way or another!

Sorry about your friend That's kind of crappy to say she's coming and then last minute change it. I think it'd be fine for just David and your FIL to do the confirmation. But I would probably expect to see someone from the bishopric or the WML or elders step in there, just so you're not too surprised by it.

I hope it all goes well!

Heather

I agree with everything Tif said. It's sad that the PP isn't being more pro-active about helping you. You can read in handbook 2 on the church website section 20.3 to see what the official guidelines are for baptism.

That being said, I don't really remember who was at my baptism when I was eight. It was a stake baptism where several of us were being baptized. The thing I most remember was the feeling of love and approval from Heavenly Father as I came out of the water. So in the end, if you can help to make the Spirit present, it will probably not matter who is there, what talks are given or what music is played as long as it provides a spiritual atmosphere it will be a special day for your daughter.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Right about the doctor - what I meant is, the dermatologist always wants to lift the back of my shirt and take a peek at the skin on my back (even if I'm there for a different part of my body - guess they always like to check just to be safe) and he can't see the skin on my back if I am wearing garments under a bra, and they don't ask me to undress and put on a gown or anything. So then it'd be really awkward and I'd have to undo my bra and take off my top and all. For regular doctor appointments like the GYN or whatever, I wear them, because I can take off my clothes in private.
    Oh ok, I get what you are saying now, and it makes sense. Sorry I am a little slow lately

I am sorry you are having such issues in getting your DD baptism planned. It really stinks that you dont have better support from your ward members especially from the PP. From what I can remember from my baptism and all the others I have been to in the past 20 years, the PP along with the parents always planned out the program. The parents got to say who said the prayers and gave the little talks. During the time when those who are wet are changing my grandmother would always just play hymns. The PP or the bishop or one of his counselors would usually say a few words too. I hope you can get it all sorted out and a wonderful day!!
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

Oh wow Heather that bites. I'm sorry that things are so stressful for you. Yay for Lucy getting baptized though!!!

So I didnt get to buy new tops, I totally forgot about it today. I was even right next to the store.

My in-laws have arrived. My FIL is super hyper. He took off with Penny "to go outside." I thought it was cute. An hour later, I was panicked. Imagining all the horrible things that can happen to a 65 year old man and a 3 year old girl, neither of whom know the address they belong to! I even drove around looking for them. Finally did... phew.

Then my MIL was in the bathroom for forever, and came out and said, "Ummm.... do you guys have a plunger?" Well, no, we don't have a plunger... so I had to rush out in the rain and buy one.

DH is teaching a night class tonight. I'm holed up in my bedroom under the guise of folding laundry while the g-parents watch a movie with the kids.

Just a few more days...

Hey moosh - thanks so much for that. I needed to hear that. I need to try very hard to forgive and forget so I can have the spirit with ME, so I can help my daughter to feel it too.

My in-laws have arrived. My FIL is super hyper. He took off with Penny "to go outside." I thought it was cute. An hour later, I was panicked. Imagining all the horrible things that can happen to a 65 year old man and a 3 year old girl, neither of whom know the address they belong to! I even drove around looking for them. Finally did... phew.

Then my MIL was in the bathroom for forever, and came out and said, "Ummm.... do you guys have a plunger?" Well, no, we don't have a plunger... so I had to rush out in the rain and buy one.

DH is teaching a night class tonight. I'm holed up in my bedroom under the guise of folding laundry while the g-parents watch a movie with the kids.

Just a few more days...

Hey moosh - thanks so much for that. I needed to hear that. I need to try very hard to forgive and forget so I can have the spirit with ME, so I can help my daughter to feel it too.
    No worries. I'd be stressing the same way if I was in your situation. I think sometimes it helps for someone to see it from the outside perspective. Good luck with everything tomorrow.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.

So funny that FIL and Penny disappeared. Ok, not funny since I know you stress about that sort of thing, but funny in a cute sort of way.

I hope everything goes well tomorrow and the Spirit is there and able to help guide you through and come out on the otherside with nothing but positive thoughts and memories for Lucy's baptism!

Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes! Super excited for Lucy! Hope the Spirit is so strong!

I was thinking of Lucy and your family yesterday Heather, I hope that baptism went wonderfully

We had a fun sacrament meeting yesterday, we received a new Bishopric I really liked the old Bishop but I know I am going to LOVE the new one. He is our age and is just really awesome. His wife works with me in primary and they are an amazing family. So we are all excited for them

Oh and Tif I got my mid calf carinessa bottoms, you were right, they are like Heaven! I know next winter those will be all I'll wear. They are beyond comfortable under jeans and pjs.

thanks everyone! It WAS a super awesome day. Everything went fine. On Saturday, DH and I went to the Louisville temple for an endowment session. I was really able to let go of a lot of my resentments and anger by listening carefully to the covenants and realizing I am not giving fully of myself when I am selfishly wanting things that are not necessary. It worked out fine. We had an amazing turnout at the church - I think around 80 people, then most of the kids from her primary class & their families came over afterwards, so we had 35-40 people here after for a little dinner and socializing. My mom was super awesome and made almost all the food and brought it over. My dad and his wife came to the baptism but cut out during the closing hymn I think - I didn't see or talk to them. Our friends from where we used to live were able to drive down so that was super great.

The only really rotten part is that my sister and her family did not come at all even though they said they would. Then today she emailed me this nonsense saying they turned off their alarm and "slept til almost 10." Um, yeah... the baptism was at 4 p.m. She lives 45 minutes away. So... that kind of makes me mad. But Lucy was oblivious and honestly did not care that they didn't come, so I'm not going to dwell on it. I just replied and said, "The baptism was at 4, so ... just sayin. Lucy had lots of people there to show her love and support." Kind of passive aggressive, but I don't care.

My in-laws leave tomorrow. It's been fun having them here but I know they are ready to be back in their own house. My MIL and I could get along fine, we're a lot alike in many ways, pretty laidback about stuff. My FIL is another story though. He's so hyperactive. He went walking this morning and didn't come back for almost 3 hours, and he returned with a big piece of driftwood he fetched from the river. He thinks we will love this piece of driftwood. He's so strange.

Heather, I'm glad it all turned out.

Heather I am so glad that the baptism went great and you were able to enjoy it as well as your daughter! I know the feeling of needing separation from the in-laws, they are always great to be around (mine are anyways, I got really lucky) but sometimes enough is enough and you (and they) need some space! I am hoping you can have a relaxing week and wind down from the busy weekend.

As we were driving home from Vegas today from visiting family over the weekend I noticed all the temples we passed (7 in total I think) and had this overwhelming desire to go to a session! I am really hoping we can make it to church the entire month of March so we can get our recommends again, not having them renewed has been driving me nuts and its been far to long!

Heather so glad that Lucy's baptism was awesome! Thats exciting!

So my husband spoke in church last sunday and I couldnt even attend to listen. I was in the ER saturday morning with gall bladder pains. I have to have my gall bladder removed on tuesday. I've felt aweful all week and thank goodness my family is so supportive and helpful. They have really helped me do laundry and dishes and taking care of my little guy while my husband has been at work. Please pray for me ladies. I'm super nervous to have this surgery and I'm not sure why.

Prayers said Brandi!

I hope everything goes well with the surgery, Brandi, and that you're pain free soon after!

Sorry you have to have surgery Brandi. I had my gallbladder removed last June. It was a pretty easy deal. My dd was only about 9 weeks old. Luckily dh who is a teacher was off for the summer and so I had his help. It was really a pretty quick recovery. I hope it goes well for you.

Oh Brandi I am sorry you have been in pain, I hope that your surgery goes well tomorrow! KUP.

We made it to church yesterday!! It was so good to go back and to feel the spirit there. DH struggled through sacrament meeting, our ward is horrible when it comes to testimony meeting, it was more of a "thank-amony" and it bugged him.

I just ordered some G's online! I am just so uncomfortable in my current ones, I decided to try some of the maternity ones. Those of you who have ordered online how long did it take for you to get them?

Has anyone heard from Brandi? I wonder how her surgery went. I posted on her FB wall because there'd been no activity on there since Monday.

@ashers - I usually get them within 3 or 4 days. I'm in Indiana though so you will probably get them faster! I loved maternity bottoms. The tops were always so huge on me, even hugely pregnant, but oh how I did love those bottoms. I kept wearing them for months afterward even when it was all saggy. I hated putting something around my natural waist again!

Thanks for thinking of me Heather. I'm here. Surgery was tuesday, it went longer then planned, they plan for 45 mins to 1 hour and it took about 1.5 hours. He said my gallbladder was super ugly. Just in a week it went from not swollen to super swollen, he had to drain it before removing it. He sent me home with about 8 pictures and some of the gall stones. Not even half of them and there are several in the cup. Some the size of a marble, the nurse said I could make a bracelet out of them haha. I've been sore but only 2 of my incisions. The other 2 I barely notice. I've just been sleeping a lot and laying around it hurts to move.

I should of told the doctor to take my appendix out and to do some liposuction while he was in there haha. I never want abdominal surgery again. You never realize how much you use those stomach muscles until they are cut.

Again thanks for thinking of me ladies!