Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1894

Thread: LDS Moms

I cut the markings out and just discard them. My mom uses old ones to clean her glasses with. I've never saved old ones though.

I've thought about this, but not put it into action, about using an old silk top (in pieces, minus the marks, of course) as a backer for a blanket for B, since she loves the feel.. I don't know if it would be weird..
    Last edited by Tsuuriki; 08-11-2010 at 11:46 PM.
    Brittany, mommy to Boo and Bean, and Bear makes three!

I have come to wish this thread were in a different forum of APA. Perhaps I am alone in feeling this way, but it seems that anyone who does not adhere to modern, mainstream evangelical born-again 'Christianity' is pretty much shunned and bashed in the 'Christian' forum. I've been feeling this way for a long time actually, but it seems to have gotten worse in the last few weeks - IDK if that's me, others, or a combination. I remember a long time ago I was told I was wrong for believing that a person who steals a piece of gum is judged less harshly by God than a person who commits murder ("sin is sin" was their argument); I also find it oddly amusing that some members will agree with me on a topic of doctrine until it's pointed out to them that it's a strictly Latter-day Saint doctrine only. Then they backtrack. Heaven forbid they should be confused with those people.

Perhaps this is just a complaint or vent. But I do wonder if any of you other LDS ladies have ever felt this way? The thread about Jehovah's Witnesses really got my dander up (obviously) because they would be saying the exact same things about us. And it's not for them to judge who is and is not a Christian. That's absurdity, and is exactly why people like those who frequent the Secular forum find Christians in general to be offensive and judgmental.

I just wish I could read this thread without having to see anything else. I wish I had better self-control.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylittlered View Post
    I've thought about this, but not put it into action, about using an old silk top (in pieces, minus the marks, of course) as a backer for a blanket for B, since she loves the feel.. I don't know if it would be weird..
    Once the markings are cut out, it's just fabric, but just my opinion, the fabric is pretty thin and I don't know how well it would hold up for a blanket, but I could have a different image in my head than what you actually are thinking of doing.

As for Caranessa, I've always thought it was a pretty name too. They are the only bottoms I wear (other than when I'm pregnant and I just want something loose). I liked the old ones, but the new ones are A-MAZING. I wish they made it for the tops too. Speaking of tops, I can never get the fit right. My chest is so small that I have to get really small ones, but then they are super short (i'm not tall). Even if I get them in tall, they still just don't fit right.

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    I have come to wish this thread were in a different forum of APA. Perhaps I am alone in feeling this way, but it seems that anyone who does not adhere to modern, mainstream evangelical born-again 'Christianity' is pretty much shunned and bashed in the 'Christian' forum. I've been feeling this way for a long time actually, but it seems to have gotten worse in the last few weeks - IDK if that's me, others, or a combination. I remember a long time ago I was told I was wrong for believing that a person who steals a piece of gum is judged less harshly by God than a person who commits murder ("sin is sin" was their argument); I also find it oddly amusing that some members will agree with me on a topic of doctrine until it's pointed out to them that it's a strictly Latter-day Saint doctrine only. Then they backtrack. Heaven forbid they should be confused with those people.

Perhaps this is just a complaint or vent. But I do wonder if any of you other LDS ladies have ever felt this way? The thread about Jehovah's Witnesses really got my dander up (obviously) because they would be saying the exact same things about us. And it's not for them to judge who is and is not a Christian. That's absurdity, and is exactly why people like those who frequent the Secular forum find Christians in general to be offensive and judgmental.

I just wish I could read this thread without having to see anything else. I wish I had better self-control.
    Yep, I get what you're saying exactly. That's why I haven't been very present in this thread lately. I don't feel comfortable in this room anymore so I don't visit it very often, but I love this thread. I don't want it to disappear. It's been so great to get to know other LDS moms on the board.

Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)

Hope you don't mind me poking my nose in, but as a Catholic, I've felt the same way at times. I wish there was a Catholic moms thread; but I think I'm the only one who still posts in here
    Last edited by Aelith; 08-12-2010 at 01:44 PM.

2/09 6/09 4/14

You are totally not alone. The JW thread made me all sad inside bcause I know that most in the Christian room feel the same way about us. I also ran across some old threads a while ago that had one Christian talking badly about the LDS faith and I got really offended and now whenever I see that person post it makes me all mad again.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you feel the same but also sort of glad to know I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by katrina131h View Post

As for Caranessa, I've always thought it was a pretty name too. They are the only bottoms I wear (other than when I'm pregnant and I just want something loose). I liked the old ones, but the new ones are A-MAZING. I wish they made it for the tops too. Speaking of tops, I can never get the fit right. My chest is so small that I have to get really small ones, but then they are super short (i'm not tall). Even if I get them in tall, they still just don't fit right.
    All right, I'm convinced that next time I buy new ones, I am getting Caranessa! And tops don't fit me quite right either. I'm smaller chested, but my midsection is (sadly) a little larger, so I can't get a bigger size or I'd be swimming up top, and I wish they were longer too. Oh well.

I hear you. I don't post often in the main part of this room because I feel like others discredit my thoughts or opinions as a Christian, you know? And I was especially upset by the "Ask a Christian" thread, where my answers were pretty much ignored.

I really don't want this thread to go away! I mean, where else can we go to ask tips for getting your child to go to Nursery or Primary? Or just talk about family life as LDS women?
    Kyli (26) DH (29) Liam (5/13/09) Evette (10/18/12)

Kyli I'm going to PM you about a LDS Mom site I know (and frequent ;) ) --

As for the tops - I have trouble getting a good fit, too, and I have DD boobs. I guess they are odd fitting for everyone? LOL I did buy a chemise once but it ended up being HUGE on me so I stick with my regular old square neck drisilques with the weird cups.
    Let's start a write in campaign for carinessa tops!

Double Post!
    Last edited by BrandiB; 08-12-2010 at 11:53 PM.

Triple post lol.
    Last edited by BrandiB; 08-12-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Heather I want the site too!!

Oh and I agree I just LOVE my carenessa bottoms I'd be all for tops!

Geesh, Brandi. We get the idea.

(Sorry, I couldn't help it. )

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Brandi!

So I got my renewed recommend in June......and it's disappeared. I've since tossed the purse I know I was carrying to the stake portion of that....so I'm assuming the rec. was still in there I've torn the house apart all week-we were supposed to go on Tuesday evening as a family (me/John, 2 brothers and their wives, parents, 2 sets of grandparents) but now I don't know that I can go??? Our Stk presidency all live 40 miles away and only come here to the stake center one Sunday a month and the executive secretary told me that from what he has, he can't schedule them time down here, but he's going to pass it along to them to see if one of them can come in and sign it.

Sooooo....Katrina We're going to have to be those flakey people and flake on this! We totally still could hang with your boys whie you do a session if you want, and then dinner or something like that after?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Brandi!

So I got my renewed recommend in June......and it's disappeared. I've since tossed the purse I know I was carrying to the stake portion of that....so I'm assuming the rec. was still in there I've torn the house apart all week-we were supposed to go on Tuesday evening as a family (me/John, 2 brothers and their wives, parents, 2 sets of grandparents) but now I don't know that I can go??? Our Stk presidency all live 40 miles away and only come here to the stake center one Sunday a month and the executive secretary told me that from what he has, he can't schedule them time down here, but he's going to pass it along to them to see if one of them can come in and sign it.

Sooooo....Katrina We're going to have to be those flakey people and flake on this! We totally still could hang with your boys whie you do a session if you want, and then dinner or something like that after?

Actually it's okay. My sister called me a week ago and said that she's coming to Eugene that weekend. She didn't know for sure if she was going to be here on Saturday, so I hadn't said anything. I didn't want to cancel if I didn't have to, but looks like it might be better if we just reschedule. We'll get it in though. I'm more sad that you'll have to miss your family temple session. That would be so sad, so I hope you can find it, or get to meet with a member of your stake presidency before Tuesday.

Geez my computer was having some serious issues lol. Sorry for all those posts haha.
    Last edited by BrandiB; 08-12-2010 at 11:56 PM.

All this conflict, on the boards and in the real world, wars, politics.. Is anyone else tired of it all?
    Brittany, mommy to Boo and Bean, and Bear makes three!

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

I'm tired of it. I'm right now at a point where I just don't even want to log on because I know there will be yet another thing I need to think about/weigh in on

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hey Ladies!

Man I've missed a bunch!!
    Can I confess I really hate wearing Garments, I fill so uncomfortable in them. They are always riding up in not nice places
    But I do agree on the love for Carenessa
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Sorry I did have more to say but Alan just woke up
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

adorsey Guest

Sorry for asking, I'm new to this room, but what does LDS stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Total bummer. Maybe the temple can look you up though...because they scan in those barcode thingys now. I know that my grandma forgot to take hers to my cousin's wedding (in a different state) and they looked her up or something. I don't think they even had to call her stake pres. Maybe you can call the temple and see if that's a possibility just for this time since your stake presidency is so far away.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Quote Originally Posted by adorsey View Post
    Sorry for asking, I'm new to this room, but what does LDS stand for?
    No problem. We are often referred to as "Mormons" but that is actually just a nickname because of The Book of Mormon. We actually belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. LDS is the Latter-day Saint part.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.

I forgot to tell you all, we just found out last week that Elder Andersen will be at our stake conference in October! They said an apostle hasn't visited our stake in "a really long time." I've been a member of the church almost 13 years (my Mormon birthday is Tuesday!) and this is the first I've heard of it. Pretty exciting.

I forgot to tell you all, we just found out last week that Elder Andersen will be at our stake conference in October! They said an apostle hasn't visited our stake in "a really long time." I've been a member of the church almost 13 years (my Mormon birthday is Tuesday!) and this is the first I've heard of it. Pretty exciting.
    Thats awesome! We just had Elder Holland here in June for our Stake Conference. It was AMAZING!!! Seriously, just awesome! First stake conference I had ever been to. We have not had an Apostle come since 1985 just months before I was born.
    Last edited by BrandiB; 08-15-2010 at 10:08 PM.

adorsey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by moosh34 View Post
    No problem. We are often referred to as "Mormons" but that is actually just a nickname because of The Book of Mormon. We actually belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. LDS is the Latter-day Saint part.
    thanks. thats what i thought but i wanted to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    Hope you don't mind me poking my nose in, but as a Catholic, I've felt the same way at times. I wish there was a Catholic moms thread; but I think I'm the only one who still posts in here
    I'm poking my nose in too because I've felt the same way. I'd love a Catholic moms thread--I'm still here!

Sort of on-topic, even though I am poking my nose in, I recently drove through Palmyra, NY and past Hill Cumorah. Has anyone been there before?
    Formerly villagespin

Quote Originally Posted by villagespin View Post
    Sort of on-topic, even though I am poking my nose in, I recently drove through Palmyra, NY and past Hill Cumorah. Has anyone been there before?
    Yes, I've been twice. Did you stop and look around at all?

I have never been to Palmyra or Hill Cummorah but some day I hope to go! My great aunt just lives through the field from the temple there. She told me we were more then welcome to stay there with her. I want to wait until we have more kids and until they are older so when we go we can do a session in the temple!

Today is my Mormon birthday. I'm 13! (How appropriate that I'm serving in YW LOL)