Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: LDS Moms

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

I think I'm miscarrying again. I have before but this one just feels more emotional-probably because I KNOW how doggone excited John was for this, when in the past it's been this huge stress to him. I had him give me a personal blessing last night and can I just say that sometimes I HATE Priesthood blessings? Like when my water broke and my dad and John gave me a blessing and I was told that I would be ok-nothing was said about the baby. When I asked John about it he started crying telling me he'd tried really hard to say those words but he just couldn't. And then last night it was "you WILL have more children to raise in your home" which could, of course, mean that I'm not miscarrying. Or it could mean the all-ambiguous "someday it'll happen". I know they're supposed to be comforting, and I am, in a way, but I just get frustrated not knowing exactly what it is the blessing MEANT

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

HUGS Tif!! Keep us posted
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Tif

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Oh no Tif, I am thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

Oh Tiff *hugs* prayers being sent your way!

((((Tif)))) I'm so sorry. Keep us posted on your #s and all that.

And hey, how great that your husband is in tune with the spirit enough to not say what he wants to happen, but what the spirit directs him to say, right?

Yesterday my numbers had dropped from 9 down to 3, so it's done. And actually most of the bleeding seems to be done already, too.

You know, today I can look on that positive side of things. But on Tuesday when he gave me blessing...not so much. I think I got all my emotion out on Tuesday and now I'm just...here. He said yesterday "it's ok, we'll try again." First-that doesn't make it "ok". Second-he won't talk to me about what that even means. We'll try again next week? Next month? Next November like he had "planned"???

So sorry, Tif!

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.

So sorry Tif *hugs*

Tif I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you....

I'm so sorry Tif.

Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)

Tif how are you feeling? I'm sure you posted elsewhere about this. Most days I only hit up Christian and Weight Loss. I'm a slacker. ;)

Well we are in the midst of packing for a move (posted in Venting). It's dreadful.

But on top of all this, I have a very weird and funky bump on the side of my foot. I feel it on the other foot as well, but the one on my left foot is definitely bigger/swollen. It's started hurting in the past week and now, sometimes it makes me cry. I think I'm going to have it checked out tomorrow. I just hate to spend the $ for a copay and x-rays, but I need to know what is going on. DH says just ask someone in our ward (there are 4 podiatrists!) but I hate to do that... because I know how DH hates it when people ask him graphic design stuff. It's got to be 10x worse for doctors.

So that's what is new with us.

Everyone all set for Christmas???

I have been inactive for a long time but would love to start taking my girls hmmm... now to figure out how

Quote Originally Posted by berksmom View Post
    I have been inactive for a long time but would love to start taking my girls hmmm... now to figure out how
    Do you know where your ward meets? If not, you can go to lds.org and find your meeting house by entering your address. Try here.

Let us know how it goes when you go!

What else about you? Did you find this site because you are expecting?

Welcome!

Welcome Hillary!

Do you have any family or friends around you that are active? If so, that could be an easy way to start going again. You have a couple girls, right? Are they primary aged? Nursery? I've found that having young children like that often makes my church experience completely different-it's more for them and what THEY can learn and get out of it. If I lose sight of that it's really really easy to not want to go anymore because of feeling like I'm not getting anything out of it.

Hi I am not expecting yet we are working on it and I don't have alot of friends active but I do think I have a couple neighbors. My girls a 4 and almost 1 so nursey and sunbeams maybe its been a long time but I do know where the church is just not what time it starts? I will figure it out thank you

Quote Originally Posted by berksmom View Post
    This was me almost 2 years ago. I had been inactive for 5 years and decided to go back. I started with just going to sacrament and then finally made it through all 3 hours.
    It hasn't been easy but I've never regretted it. There are some weeks where I think I won't make it, but the boys remind me of why I want to be there. My DH is inactive (plus he works on Sunday) so it's just me and my 2 boys.

Keep us posted

thank you cause I don't think DH will come but never know he doesn't think I will do it so now I have to.

When does church start over?
    HillaryJustin
    BerkLee is 4 BrynLee is 2

Church times I mean when do they change
    HillaryJustin
    BerkLee is 4 BrynLee is 2

January-so this Sunday. Did you figure out what time it's at? Some wards don't change, depending on the circumstances in the particular building. I think you can look up ward times online, too, but I'm not sure when they update them to show the new year times.

Oh, yeah...thanks for the reminder. I have to teach RS on Sunday and watch me show up 2 hours early. That would be fun.

Hey Ladies! I moved so I'm without internet right now but I wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing.
    Tif I've been thinking about you a lot and I hope that your doing well!

Hi everyone... I just wanted to share my New Years resolution with you all. I have been an inactive member for quite some time now. I used to occasionally go to Sacrament meeting and dart for the car. So, this year I'm going to try to make it to church every Sunday possible. I'm going to continue to have the missionaries over and I want to have my older children baptized finally... They are 10 & 13. Oh, my DH is not a member, so I'd like to get him baptized as well. Lots of work to do!!

So, with today being the first Sunday of the year I'm proud to say that my children and I attended church for all 3 hours. I'm so happy that I made it to Relief Society today. I heard the most touching testimonies and learned so much. I think I'm even going to have my 13 year old attend Young Mens on Wednesday night... He doesn't know that yet!

Anyways, I just wanted to share that with you and I'm going to be popping in here a lot more often now!!

I hope you and all of your families have a safe and healthy New Year!!!!
    Last edited by Brandles; 01-03-2010 at 04:56 PM.
    Me- Brandy (34) DH- Eric (36), DS- Danny (16), DS- Dylan (13), DS- Landon (3)
    10/2001 4 weeks, 9/2008 5 weeks, 3/2012 10 weeks

You have definitely got your work cut out for you this year, Brandles! I pray that the Spirit is able to touch your DH and that you can accomplish your goals!

BTW, I LOVE the pictures of your DS! Is he in some sort of hammock? So cute!

I had to teach RS today. I was so not feeling it. We changed to 9am church and with playing the organ I had to get there just after 8:30. I get such a bad attitude when getting ready, getting the girls ready, getting Jack to get himself ready, all rushed because of the organ. I just get uptight and tense every week before playing. Today was no different. And then adding teaching on top of it....ugh.

I decided to teach about Testimonies and really felt like I bombed. The ladies in my ward don't answer questions, don't volunteer any comments, nothing. So I finished with 20 minutes left-and I really needed to use up 10 more minutes. Finally, at that point, they started talking. Somehow something got on the topic of evolving Testimonies and I shared how I thought I'd had a full testimony of the Atonement when I was about 23 and had come back to the church after living a very non-LDS lifestyle. I was sure that I knew personally of the sureness of the Atonement. And then when Taela died I learned that I'd only new a PART of the Atonement-the part that has to do with sins. It wasn't until Taela that I learned-and KNEW-that there was a whole different side of the Atonement. The part that had to do with sadness, tears, sorrow-having nothing to do with my sins.

So anyways, aftewards this one lady came up to talk to me. I've never talked to her before (BAD! I've been in the RS Presidency for 2 years and still have to ask about faces that should be familiar!). She moved into the ward about 3 months ago and brought with her 6 grandsons from age 6m-16. She has adopted all of them and from what I've been told, she's just amazing. She was bawling, and thanked me for my lesson. Went on to explain that her daughter had lost a son 2 years ago. He was 4yo and was murdered down in Cali. She told me "I am an old lady, and I only today learned of a sureity that the Atonement was not just for sins. Thank you so much for that."

It's moments like that when I decide I guess it really is all worth it-bad attitude and all!

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    BTW, I LOVE the pictures of your DS! Is he in some sort of hammock? So cute!
    ITA! That smile is priceless.

Awwww, thanks ladies. It's called a baby sac, and I'm actually holding it from above. My friend is a photographer and likes to use Landon as her guinea pig!!
    Me- Brandy (34) DH- Eric (36), DS- Danny (16), DS- Dylan (13), DS- Landon (3)
    10/2001 4 weeks, 9/2008 5 weeks, 3/2012 10 weeks

Brandles you do have you work cut out for you, but you seem to already have made a great start!
    What did your kids think of it??

Tif wonderful story!!

Sunday was my first time conducting in primary! I was nervous but I loved it, plus my MIL and neice were at church with me so I felt a little relief of having both boys alone.
    Saturday we have a primary activity and then I have to start planning the next one!! I really need to think of some ideas!

Wonderful story, Tif! ::sniff::

I'm the secretary in YW now. I had this same calling 4 years ago when I was pregnant with Truman. It's okay. I was never in YW myself (joined the church @19yrs) so I do enjoy the lessons and values and all that, and I do admit, their activities are way more fun than the RS ones. I am supposed to be tackling the new personal progress changes that are coming out next week, and getting the girls jazzed to do their PP. But the only change I know about for sure is the book is now PINK! LOL that's not much to go on...