Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: LDS Moms

Lacy you totally need a break! I hope they release you soon. I think so often they 'forget' how long people have been in a particular calling, so good for you for speaking up!

Lacy 5 years in any calling is a long time!!!! I hope that they release you and then give you another good calling. When I asked my bishop to release me from my Young Womens calling he asked me when I thought I'd be ready for a new one because he wasnt going to let me retire yet.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Good for you, talking to you bishop, Lacy.

My take on callings?

Inspiration goes both ways. And in many cases, they can't have much of a clue on when you're just "done" (as in really burnt out) with a certain calling if the lines of communication aren't open between you and the appropriate person (bishop, Stake Pres, etc). Sure, sometimes things work out where you're released from one and put in another at the perfect time. But too often people are left in one calling forever and many times it's simply because that person never has said anything to anyone and so everyone assumes everything is fine and dandy-even if it's not.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Thanks ladies for all your replies, now my head is spinning trying to think of any open callings. I don't think we have anything open. Maybe I will get one of those made up callings just to keep me busy. I hate waiting and I hate knowing people are talking about me. I am not very patient as you can tell. I will let you know if I get any phone calls.

Aren't made up calling the greatest? College wards are full of them...
    I wantes a bebe!Cocoa Cake Muffin Batter HousewifePraying for MANDYM's BFPTTC: 4 months

Hey ladies! Just wanted to see how everyone is doing??
    Heather I'm sure you are packing away!

I haven't been on much because this pregnancy has been kicking my butt! I am sick and tired all the time. This is really making me think 2 kids is enough .
    Hope everyone is well!
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

I hope everyone survived their ward Christmas parties and I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.

Haha...we were very conveniently out of town for our ward party! And all our other things this month were cancelled due to the crizazy weather we've had out here! It's been awesome...except I was very sad about our choir program that we've been working on for MONTHS being cancelled for last week's Sacrament meeting...I'm hoping we get to do it this coming week!

We did not make it to our Ward Christmas Party as well. I'm not a big fan of things like that. Tif we are getting that storm that you guys had though, it snowed like crazy all day yesterday. Nice today though, oh and my dad is in Island park to shovel off the roof of our cabin and they just got 4 feet of new snow. Thats a lot of flipping snow!

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    We did not make it to our Ward Christmas Party as well. I'm not a big fan of things like that. Tif we are getting that storm that you guys had though, it snowed like crazy all day yesterday. Nice today though, oh and my dad is in Island park to shovel off the roof of our cabin and they just got 4 feet of new snow. Thats a lot of flipping snow!
    That is a lot of snow! My brother in Rexburg and his wife couldn't make it to Boise to catch their flight out here for Christmas because of the snow and ice on the roads between Rexburg and Boise. He was really bummed about that-she, on the other hand couldn't care less because she's sort of...well, she just doesn't really care half the time if he's happy or not

Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    That is a lot of snow! My brother in Rexburg and his wife couldn't make it to Boise to catch their flight out here for Christmas because of the snow and ice on the roads between Rexburg and Boise. He was really bummed about that-she, on the other hand couldn't care less because she's sort of...well, she just doesn't really care half the time if he's happy or not
    The closed the freeway here between Tremonton and Boise I think it was Christmas Eve. Thats to bad about your brother not being able to make it to Boise to catch the flight. We went shopping yesterday and we seriously went to 3 stores and it took us ALL day we got on the freeway at like 11am and did not get home until after 7pm. The roads were just covered in THICK ice. I guess the salt or sand whatever they use here wasnt working I think it must of been to cold to really do anything. I love storms like this but not when I'm due any day haha.

msn article on the Church from yesterday. Nice and benign...for once

Tif that's a great article, thanks!
    Sorry to hear about all the weather trouble out west. Sheesh. You guys do know you should start heading towards Missouri right?

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    Tif that's a great article, thanks!
    Sorry to hear about all the weather trouble out west. Sheesh. You guys do know you should start heading towards Missouri right?
    haha...we're contemplating a move to Portland Maine...but I don't think that'll help our snow situation too much

We are slacking here

I'll make sure to think of something to post by tomorrow night HAHA

Lol, yep we are totally slacking.

BrandiB was induced on Tuesday. Still haven't heard how things went yet.

How is everyone's church schedule? We now go at 11:00 and Sunday did not go very well for us. It could be a long year .. . at least until we move.

Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)

grrr...Sundays....we now have 1-4. Which is basically all of nap time. Yeah, not cool. Before that we had 9-12 and Sundays had gotten to be really nice and smooth for us! So yeah, not too excited about that...

Congrats Brandi! Hope all went smooth!

Tif, I will gladly trade you church times...we had 1-4, now we go 9-12...I hate it, getting 2 teenage girls and 1 preteen ready for church that early is not easy.

Anybody studying along with the Gospel Doctrine class this year, every new year I always say I will try to follow the lessons with the help of the little booklet they hand out, but I always fall short of my goals. I will do it for a few weeks and then forget. How is everyone else doing?

Our ward is 11-2. UGH! I hate it! Our kids were fine until about 11:45. The next half hour was horrid. Plus they're used to eastern time and now we're on central, so it was well into their normal nap time. Penny had a meltdown about going to nursery but finally stayed - DH stayed with her for about 10 minutes. I think it really helps her to have Truman in there too.

We're stuck in this ward until we move from this house. Which was supposed to be this summer but with this here recession/depression on, we need to sell our rental property before we can get a mortgage, and our renters are in a lease through December. Then we have to prepare & sell it (hopefully). So it's going to be more like 18 months. I don't know anyone in this ward, which is weird b/c it's in the same building as where I went for nine years!

I did pretty good reading the D&C manual Sunday night! DH and I are going to try to do the reading/questions for the following week, AND read straight through as well.

Our church times haven't changed (that I know of ) because we are a one ward building.

DH and I still have to finish the BOM so for now we are sticking with that. I have to admit I'm totally the reason we are still stuck there. I've been so tired at night that I can't concentrate so I don't want to read. I mean I haven't even been reading fun books, which I'm always reading.
    We'll start D&C after though. DH love D&C so I'm ready to get there.

Right now my biggest goal is getting to church on Sunday. I have to pray big time tomorrow night that I won't be puking sunday morning. Plus I only have one dress to wear and it's not the most modest (it's a little short) but it's going to have to due for now. My girlfriend gave it to me and it's sooo comfortable. I need to find some tights to hide the ole legs

It has taken us all week to get back onto schedule after Sunday. I hope it isn't going to be like this every week. Going 9-12 was so nice. I loved it. It worked perfect with Benson's schedule.

DH and I decided we were going to keep up with the Gospel Doctrine class together following the little booklet . . . but we haven't done any reading for it yet . We will have to do that tomorrow.

Personally study I'm still in the BOM so I will stick with that for now. When I'm finished I'm going to try and read the D&C straight through, but I have such a hard time just reading it. I don't know why. I think I have only read through it completely once. Hopefully Sunday School will help motivate me. Once the baby is born I'll probably miss SS most of the time because I'll be in the Mother's Lounge or walking the halls.

Brandi did have here baby! Here's the link:

http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...d.php?t=126852

Congrats again Brandi!!!

Yay! Congrats, Brandi. Sorry to hear about the trouble with your bladder, though. Hope it fixes itself and is just a temporary delivery side effect!

Congrats Brandi! He is a cutie!!!

Congrats Brandi!

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Yay for Brandi!

So I'm bummed about church tomorrow. Last Sunday was our 1st Sunday in our new ward. They meet at 11, which to my eastern time zone kids felt like noon, so sacrament meeting was way, way hard.

Then during Sunday school this 19 year old kid from the bishopric (ok so he LOOKS like he's 19, way too young to be in a bishopric ) comes up and says, "I could tell you guys were really having a tough time during sacrament meeting!" Oh geez GREAT! That made me feel really awesome.

Now I feel like everyone is staring at my loud, naught kids. And all I could think during the whole meeting last week was, this meeting time is wretched! Wretched wretched wretched! Not conducive to the Spirit, eh?

Do how did everyone do today??

I actually made it to church, barely. I was having a ruff, ruff morning but I decided I was going no matter what. Made it just on time (which is late to me HAHA) and had a great time. Of course I spent the last 2 hours in the nursery with John. He freaked everytime I tried to go. But it was fun to see the other kids in there. Of course John is basically the biggest there is only one other boy in there that is his size and he is turning three in like 2 weeks

John stayed home with Scharae. Her asthma is not doing so hot with her today. At all. She's not sick....she just sounds sick. Not even a runny nose! But she sounds like the kid you don't want your child around, KWIM? I hate asthma for that reason...I've begun to wonder how school is going to work for her for this reason-we keep her home from church and daycare at least 1/2 the time every month for that reason when she's not even sick, just having asthma flares! Anyhow, Keira came with me. It was our Ward Conference and she was such an angel during Sacrament meeting. I gave the closing prayer (would you believe I have major huge anxiety about verbal paryers? Even for things like RS Presidency meetings...it's stupid. Even prayers within my family. I hate saying verbal prayers ) and she tagged along up there with me and just thought she was the greatest standing up there folding her arms for everyone! She went to Sunbeams a little better than last week. Sort of. Last week she sat with her class. I had to sit with her for like 15 minutes, but at least she was with her class in Opening Exercises. Today she refused to sit with her class and would only sit in the back of the the Primary room-even when I tried to sit up front with her class. So I just left her in there. 20 min later she was still sitting alone in the back I checked with the Primary Pres (her son has Aspergers so she's just awesome about letting Keira do whatever she needs to do) and she said that she talked to Keira and they agreed that she was ok back there. K wasn't sad back there-she was singing and dancing-her normal self. She just wouldn't sit up in the front Oh well. She went to class and colored a picture of "Pirate Mospeh Jith" (President Joseph Smith" It's complete with a sticker over one eye to make him a pirate and everything! Not quite sure what she got out of that lesson....

Well, I now teach Sunbeams and that was fun and a little crazy today. It was a little long for the ones that just moved up from nursery, but it went pretty well. Dh had to stay in nursery with ds the whole time today. I hope that someday he'll be okay in there without us. He plays with the other kids in there in the middle of the week and doesn't even stay in the room I'm in, so I think that he just hasn't built up trust with the nursery leaders (one that just got released scared him because she wasn't very nice to him, so maybe that will help.) My mom has told me that she had to stay with me in nursery so much that they eventually just called her to nursery, but she said I went to Sunbeams just fine. Anyway, we just moved from 9 to 11 and it's so much better for us because ds usually is barely awake by 9.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

So church went somewhat better this week. Thank goodness Benson loves nursery or it would be awful. He is so excited to go every week. Even during the week he asks to go to nursery. He always cries when we come to pick him up or lays on the floor refusing to get up.

Anyway, today DH passed the sacrament (our ward doesn't have very many YM). Benson didn't think that daddy should be sitting somewhere else so until the sacrament started he was trying to run to where daddy was sitting. Then while DH was passing Benson starts trying to crawl over the back of the seat (we sit near the front) to get to his daddy in the back all while yelling "Daddy! Daddy! O Daddy!". DH said he could hear him very clearly in the back of the chapel. I could not distract him no matter how hard I tried. I could hear more than one person laughing behind us. Then someone was telling DH after Sacrament Meeting how entertaining they find our son when my DH passes the sacrament (this has happened before). I sure hope the rest of the people in the ward are that understanding. Sometimes I wonder if there are people behind us thinking I need to get control of my child.