Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: LDS Moms

Tif that is awesome!! I hope that she has a good experience and then continues to want to do this sort of thing! Yay!!

WTG Tif!! I hope you guys have a blast!
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

So . . . my VT just dropped off a plate of peanut butter rice crispies with chocolate on top. I'm trying so hard not to eat them but they look so yummy. I keep on telling myself that I should not eat them all so DH can have some, but if I eat them all then DH will never know that we had any at all . . .

ETA: One left . . .
    Last edited by katrina131h; 11-13-2008 at 01:55 PM.

Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)

Quote Originally Posted by katrina131h View Post
    So . . . my VT just dropped off a plate of peanut butter rice crispies with chocolate on top. I'm trying so hard not to eat them but they look so yummy. I keep on telling myself that I should not eat them all so DH can have some, but if I eat them all then DH will never know that we had any at all . . .

ETA: One left . . .
    Okay...ya'll will probably think I'm a total nerd, but this reminded me of some of my college days when I was at Rick's. I lived with three other girls. VT dropped off four cupcakes while only two of us where there. We wanted to eat two each and our other two roommates would never know...our "secret combination" to eat more cupcakes. We didn't though because we decided that probably no good would come of our abusing our VTs generosity.

Now you can eat all yours because VTs come to visit YOU...not dh.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

The VT coordinator (I'm her assistant) brought me cookies while I was at school last week, and DH jokingly told me he wanted to eat them all. He kindly restrained himself until I was home and we ate them with milk. He made fun of me because I make faces when he pours milk on his cake, but then I'll dip cookies in milk.
    I wantes a bebe!Cocoa Cake Muffin Batter HousewifePraying for MANDYM's BFPTTC: 4 months

I totally would of ate them all. But this pregnancy I have had such a horrid sweet tooth. Infact my brothers gf brought over 2 small bags of carmel popcorn and I ate both bags and didnt even share one kernal.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Quote Originally Posted by rhiaofthewoods View Post
    The VT coordinator (I'm her assistant) brought me cookies while I was at school last week, and DH jokingly told me he wanted to eat them all. He kindly restrained himself until I was home and we ate them with milk. He made fun of me because I make faces when he pours milk on his cake, but then I'll dip cookies in milk.
    You're hubby's a milk/cake eater, too!? Chocolate cake I'm assuming? Not from Montana, is he?

I'm guilty of that. I've very often been known to make a chocolate cake. And frost it. Just to cut it up and eat it in my milk. One of only two ways I'll eat milk. The only other people I've discovered who do this have ties to Montana! I met quite a few people at Ricks that did this-all from Montana, or had parents from Montana. My mom thinks it's utterly disgusting and for awhile when I was a teen she refused to make cakes with frosting because she was mad that we would just put them in our milk...no problem though...grandma lived right next door and was always making chocolate cake just for that reason:celebrate:

So I just got done with a RS presidency meeting. Can I just say, even after like 3 months, I still have a hard time fathoming myself in the RS presidency? It's just weird. Never really pictured it. I still feel like I'm about 20.

Anyhow...I just have to tell someone this because I can't tell my friend. I have this friend that moved down from my hometown in Washington. I wrote on here about her awhile ago-I was excited because up there I really couldn't stand her, but since she moved down here in September we've just really hit it off and become close. I think it took us being on common ground-new place, not knowing anyone-to be able to find our similarities. Anyhow, she was really excited to NOT be YW or Primary. In our old ward out of 5 years she literally spent 4 Sundays in RS. When she was on bedrest for 8 weeks with her last little one people that had been in the ward for 3 years had no clue who she was because she was in YW and they were all in Primary, had younger kids, just didn't have a clue. So she was excited to not do that all over again. I was put into the RS presidency two weeks after she moved in. Her husband teased her when the released the old counselor that she'd get put in the next week. She told him 'Nope, they just released Tif from the piano in RS, I'll just take her old job, and she can take the counselor one".

So...instead they put her in as Sunday School teacher of a class of 20 youth-all active. Not a team teacher. Teaching all by herself And she's just hated it because it's a big job. She'd love to team teach, but our ward is teeny and they just don't have anyone to do it.

And on top of that they've asked her to be my piano player, and like 3 other positions. And today at our meeting we finally got told that she IS getting released from her SS teaching spot because they want her to be Enrichment coordinator...or something like that. Something that they really are needing someone to throw their all into. Something she'll totally rock at.

And I can't tell her! It's going to burn a hole in me because she's going to be so ecstatic to be done teaching. She's done her best with the teaching. But it looks like a couple in the ward is finally available to take over the class

So...that was really long. I don't even care if no one reads it. I just had to "tell" someone since I can't call and tell her!

I totally would have eaten all the goodies without telling DH :batman:

Yay Tif!! You won't be alone in RS!!

So I have good new, not really news but whatever...the missionaries came tonight (dh ended up being gone, long story) anyway I forced myself to ask them where RS and nursery are located so that I would have no excuse not to show up for all 3 hours on Sunday. Well they informed me that our church times changed. We are now starting at 10 and Sacrament is First . One it makes it easier to follow other moms to nursery and two I can try to get DH to go with me when he doesn't work until 12

That's great that the time/schedule change might make things easier for you! I hope you can get him to come with you guys!

Tif I'm glad that you'll have someone in RS and that your friend wont have to teach anymore! Because I've been on bedrest I havent been able to make it to church, and my DH has told me that they still have not released me from YW.

Al they changed your time before the end of the year? Thats different lol. Here they change at the begining of a new year. We are at 11 now and I believe we go to 9. Our sacrament is always last, its weird for me to go to a ward where its first I get all backwards. It makes it hard for me and DH to go to his family ward in CA when we visit because sacrament is first so afterwards we never make it to the other classes because everyone is stopping us to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    You're hubby's a milk/cake eater, too!? Chocolate cake I'm assuming? Not from Montana, is he?

I'm guilty of that. I've very often been known to make a chocolate cake. And frost it. Just to cut it up and eat it in my milk. One of only two ways I'll eat milk. The only other people I've discovered who do this have ties to Montana! I met quite a few people at Ricks that did this-all from Montana, or had parents from Montana. My mom thinks it's utterly disgusting and for awhile when I was a teen she refused to make cakes with frosting because she was mad that we would just put them in our milk...no problem though...grandma lived right next door and was always making chocolate cake just for that reason:celebrate:
    Nope, he's actually from Oregon. His dad's from Idaho, his mom's from the South somewhere. He'll do it with any kind of cake. White, spice, chocolate, whatever.
    I wantes a bebe!Cocoa Cake Muffin Batter HousewifePraying for MANDYM's BFPTTC: 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    Tif I'm glad that you'll have someone in RS and that your friend wont have to teach anymore! Because I've been on bedrest I havent been able to make it to church, and my DH has told me that they still have not released me from YW.

Al they changed your time before the end of the year? Thats different lol. Here they change at the begining of a new year. We are at 11 now and I believe we go to 9. Our sacrament is always last, its weird for me to go to a ward where its first I get all backwards. It makes it hard for me and DH to go to his family ward in CA when we visit because sacrament is first so afterwards we never make it to the other classes because everyone is stopping us to talk.
    Here's to hoping my ward gets changed at the end of the year. DH and I both hate morning church. We are so not morning people. But I don't know if it works that way with married student wards. It didn't with single student wards.

Our ward never changes time, which is good for us b/c 9:00 works well for us. We share our building with the single student branch and they always go at 1:00 so they can sleep in.

Where we're moving though, the wards swap each year 9:00 and 11:00 sacrament meetings. I hate, hate, hate 11:00. I would prefer to go at 7 a.m. or 4 p.m. 11:00 means my kids are hungry right at the time they pass around the sacrament,and ready for a nap as soon as they get to nursery/primary! They fall asleep on the way home (and yeah, who eats lunch at 3 p.m.?) and it's just an awful day.

I haven't heard yet if they've got the test results of that white powder stuff at the temples & the Knights of Columbus printing press office. I think they said 24-48 hrs. If anyone hears, post please!

question asked, question answered

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=4791577

LOL I was just going to look it up on KSL.

So I just thought that I'd share that Mervyns is going out of business and if you havent been there yet everything is 40-60% off. We saved $40 today!!!

So I just thought that I'd share that Mervyns is going out of business and if you havent been there yet everything is 40-60% off. We saved $40 today!!!
    You still have Mervyn's there!? The ones around here all closed up like 2 years ago.

LOL I guess we are odd. Yes we still have Mervyns here. Well not for long I guess haha. I know they still have them in CA as well.

Mervyn's is going out of business? Sad! It was about the only clothing store in the town I grew up in.

I think they went banktrupt. But they are having a great sale!

That's too bad, since I live in Idaho now, and I don't think there are any within a day's drive.

Lol I totally just noticed that I spelled bankrupt wrong. Where in Idaho are you? The ones in Ogden and Layton are closing. We went to the one in Layton.

Lol I totally just noticed that I spelled bankrupt wrong. Where in Idaho are you? The ones in Ogden and Layton are closing. We went to the one in Layton.
    I'm in Rexburg, and much too busy with school to take time to go anywhere.

Thought I would update....I went to all of church today
    John made it a whole 10 minutes in nursery before they had to get me so I stayed in there with him for the rest of the time. It was a bit crazy in there. There were 13 kids and the room is not all that big (our whole building is pretty small). But overall it went really well. At least I got to meet the ladies working in there. I love the new time soooo much better.

But man I need to get some skirts that fit. It was really cold today and the only long skirt I had (which I just got like 2 weeks ago) is too tight now and I was uncomfortable the whole time. I have no dresses that fit and my other skirts are knee length and I'm always cold! So I think I'm going to hit up ebay and go ahead and get some maternity skirts.

Yay, Al!

Is that John before Church? If not, it's still a cute pic, but he looks all dressed up. What a cutie!

Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    Yay, Al!

Is that John before Church? If not, it's still a cute pic, but he looks all dressed up. What a cutie!
    That was him before church 2 weeks ago
    Thanks!

I didn't go to church today. DH wasn't feeling well... So I stayed home and took care of the sickie.

So, the other day, our home teachers called and asked when would be a good time to come see us. I asked Loren, and the way I said it made him think I was setting up a time for him to go do his home teaching! I didn't even realize until sometime today, and I had to clarify. I don't control him THAT much!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiaofthewoods View Post
    I didn't go to church today. DH wasn't feeling well... So I stayed home and took care of the sickie.

So, the other day, our home teachers called and asked when would be a good time to come see us. I asked Loren, and the way I said it made him think I was setting up a time for him to go do his home teaching! I didn't even realize until sometime today, and I had to clarify. I don't control him THAT much!
    That's hilarious about your DH

John and Scharae stayed home from church again today. Scharae's asthma's kickin' her tail with a cough. I think she's pretty much over the cold that started the latest round of wheezing/coughing. But I'm thinking we'll need to put her on a steroid to kick the wheez. I hate doing that.

I got told today by some ladies that they think I have "the gift of tongues" I always imagined that to be where I would be able to walk into France and speak/understand the language. But they were saying it because I can understand "hard to understand" people. Like the lady that's getting baptized Saturday that has severe Cerebral Palsy and other physical ailments that cause her speech to be impaired. Or the lady that's getting baptized next month that has a hugely thick German accent. Or my 2yo daughter

Nevermind my page was slow loading

So I have to tell you all I just love my husband and I love how he stands up for our religion. Last night we were watching the TLC channel and they were doing a show about pologmy. Well they kept calling them Mormons and every time he'd hear that word he'd get all upset. So last night he e-mails them, like a whole page worth. So this morning we get this e-mail from the network saying that because of so many e-mails they get there is no way to respond to them all. Well this evening he checked his e-mail and there was sure enough something from the network! They forwarded his comments and concerns on to their management and that they appreciated what he had to say. He basically told them that the pologimists are not mormon and that he expects them to get their facts straight before they air a tv show like this and then he explained when they broke off from our church and all the good stuff. I'm just so excited that he actually got a response, he even told them that he would appreciate it if they would come on the air and clarify.