Page 21 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: LDS Moms

So I finally met with the bishop and asked to be released. He was totally understanding and then asked me how soon after I have the baby do I want another calling lol. I told him to give me until he's blessed which we are planning on in March. He told me that I couldnt go into retirement just yet lol. I feel a lot better now that I have that over with.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Good for you, Brandi. I'm glad your Bishop was so understanding, too. So he's going to release you and then give you a break for a few months? Nice! I remember after I had Scharae the primary president gave me like 2 weeks off from playing piano before I got a phone call "to be sure I'd be there next week". I was all umm...dooood...I've got a two week old AND a 12 month old, AND a husband that teaches Sunday school and is in the EQ presidency. Good grief woman! Where am I supposed to put my children!?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    Good for you, Brandi. I'm glad your Bishop was so understanding, too. So he's going to release you and then give you a break for a few months? Nice! I remember after I had Scharae the primary president gave me like 2 weeks off from playing piano before I got a phone call "to be sure I'd be there next week". I was all umm...dooood...I've got a two week old AND a 12 month old, AND a husband that teaches Sunday school and is in the EQ presidency. Good grief woman! Where am I supposed to put my children!?
    Yikes I would of said no lol. Yeah he's going to give me a break for a while before they give me a new calling. I'm not taking my LO to church for a while because we live in Utah and its RSV season here when he's due. Infact my SIL was freaking out that we are waiting until March to bless him and to be honest I would say April is better. He was totally understand, however I'm supposed to teach the 1st sunday in Nov and they are supposed to talk in sacrament the 2nd sunday in Nov. I'm hoping that they release me this sunday. However, I just talked to him on tuesday so who knows how fast they'll act.

Brandi I'm glad you're getting it all worked out!

My husband got a call from our ward's stake high council guy, he wants to speak to him during 2nd hour today. I know it's about releasing him from the EQ presidency since we are moving. YAY! We're so excited. He hasn't had to do a ton, but it's been pretty tough at times.

I'm home sick with Lu today. I should say, Lu is sick and I'm with her! We were all dressed for church, had our bag packed, snacks, coloring books, etc... and right before we pray, she puked all over the carpet. She seems absolutely fine now but I probably should've stayed home too. Yesterday morning I was washing my hair and felt something POP in my neck, and instantly was in excruciating pain! I could barely move my neck/head at all. David dropped me off at the ER and I got x-rays - normal - and the doctor said a ligament 'popped over a bone' - no idea why. I got some medicine and the pain is a little better. I hope it's a lot better by tomorrow because David has to go to work. I should go lay down on a heating pad and let Lucy watch a Sabbath-inappropriate movie!

Today's our Stake Conference and it's the one where they broadcast it with a general authority-I think it's a regional one...are we there? Nope. Keira has chicken pox I totally turned our awesome APA play date up at Jenn's in Washington on Friday into a 12 child pox party Oh well. She's totally excited about baby chickens coming out of her legs some day So we're all at home instead and are watching a rebroadcast of the Saturday PM session of GC. The girls are pretty fascinated by it!

Oh Tif I'm so jealous right now! Would you squeeze some germs into an envelope and mail them to us?

I remember when I had the chicken pox everyone in the neighbor got them at the same time.

So the YW presidency had no idea that I asked to be released. I only asked on tuesday but I figured they would get working on it soon. Yeah they had no idea and I had to tell them today because the YW is supposed to speak in church the 2nd sunday in Nov and I'm not going to prepare a talk if I'm going to be released. I am not a fan of speaking in church at all, I'm not sure I'll even be able to if they dont release me before then because I'm pretty much on bed rest and probably shouldnt of gone today because I could feel my feet swelling and they were all tingly.

I'm not surprised that he didn't mention it to them. When I asked to be released last December it was a good 2 weeks before the pres of YW even knew that I'd asked. I didn't say anything...but I was sure getting ready to!

Why are you on bedrest? Is everything ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    I'm not surprised that he didn't mention it to them. When I asked to be released last December it was a good 2 weeks before the pres of YW even knew that I'd asked. I didn't say anything...but I was sure getting ready to!

Why are you on bedrest? Is everything ok?
    My blood pressure is high and I have protein in my urine. My bp is normally like 112/60 and the last few appointments its been like 130/86. I've had protein in my urine for about 3 months now. My doctor is concerned about toxemia because my aunt had it and in the begining of my pregnancy I had really elevated liver enzymes right now they are fine. He told me that I cant work and that I need to keep my feet up and lay down as much as possible. Yeah I feel lazy all day. I feel great other then that lol.

Brandi this is going to sound bonkers, but have you started taking magnesium? I had high bp with my first pregnant and periodic protein-urine. Later (after six weeks on bed rest and a rough delivery) I learned that magnesium can naturally lower blood pressure. When my bp started creeping up midway through my 2nd pregnancy, I started taking mag supplements (not over 100% of the DV but most people don't eat enough mag-rich foods to get enough from diet alone). I also took baths with epsom salt, which is magnesium, and a little of it is absorbed into your skin. You can't OD on magnesium; the only side effect from too much is going to the bathroom a lot (think, milk of magnesia ). Just a thought. I think it really helped me to avoid bed rest and high bp with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, and it's totally safe and natural.

I'll have to look into that. I've just been laying around and feeling yucky cause my bp is high. This morning it was 142/92 its never been that high. I called my doctor and he told me that I need to keep down as much as possible and only get up when I HAVE to. Thanks for the information!

Ditto on the magnesium, Brandi.

That is a rather high reading. YOu need to really keep your OB posted on that. When mine stayed at 140/90 with Keira is when they put me in the hospital to keep an eye on my kidneys. They started shutting down after 2 days of it not coming down, even lying on my left side the whole time (stay on your left, not just lying down!).

Oh, heather...I want your Quinoa Recipe that you mentioned having brought to your ward halloween thing! PLEASE!? I want to make it for dinner tonight or sometime this week! I have soooo much quinoa that I need to use!

Sure! It must've been good because I had 3 emails yesterday (since I wasn't at church) from people asking for the recipe. I just made it up so I don't know the precise measurements on everything.

1.5 cups quinoa, rinsed
    3 cups broth or water

Boil quinoa in water or broth 15-20 minutes, until fluffed up and the liquid is almost all soaked in. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.

Mix together with a whisk, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1 T balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper (to taste). Stir into the cooling quinoa.

Mince 2 cloves garlic, 1 small red onion, and mix those in. I also put flat leaf parsley and cilantro into it, about 1/2 bunch of each. I put in about 1/4 cup sliced, pitted kalamata olives, and 1/2 of a small container of grape tomatoes, cut in half. The icing on the cake is a whole (small) package of feta! Mmmm. You may need to add more salt at the end but I'd wait until then, since the feta is a little salty on its own.

I served it at room temperature but it's also good cold for a quick lunch.

mmmm...thanks! That sounds soooo good!

Just popping in to Say Hello!!!
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Hi guys! I'm Kyli. Alison (EvandAl) jut told me about this thread and I thought I would come check it out. I'm excited that there's a place on here where I can talk to other LDS women. Hope you don't mind me joining you!
    Kyli (26) DH (29) Liam (5/13/09) Evette (10/18/12)

Quote Originally Posted by hpfan04 View Post
    Hi guys! I'm Kyli. Alison (EvandAl) jut told me about this thread and I thought I would come check it out. I'm excited that there's a place on here where I can talk to other LDS women. Hope you don't mind me joining you!
    Hi Welcome, Welcome!!

Welcome, Kyli!

We go in spurts here...sometimes we're really active...and others we're inactive. I mean less active. hahaha...

Welcome Kyli!

Well I am packing, packing, packing today. Interspersed with a meltdown or a panic attack here and there. We realized we have to leave our house at 3:00 a.m. tomorrow! What were we THINKING? I actually think our only choices for flights to San Jose was either 7 a.m. or like 9:30 p.m. I guess this is better. I'm trying to make sure everything is taken care of TODAY so we can get up at 2:55 and just load up the kids into the van and hit the road. Say a little prayer for me.

Welcome Kyli!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    Well I am packing, packing, packing today. Interspersed with a meltdown or a panic attack here and there. We realized we have to leave our house at 3:00 a.m. tomorrow! What were we THINKING? I actually think our only choices for flights to San Jose was either 7 a.m. or like 9:30 p.m. I guess this is better. I'm trying to make sure everything is taken care of TODAY so we can get up at 2:55 and just load up the kids into the van and hit the road. Say a little prayer for me.
    Good luck that is way stinking early.

Okay ladies I'm asking you to think good thoughts for me!!

DH and I are back to TTCing and this is about my "O" time so think some vibes for me hehe...it's been almost 6 months since the miscarriage and I really think I am finally mentally ready to get preggo again. Plus at this rate John is going to be 3 by the time he has a brother or sister, which I'm sad and happy about

Also think motivational thoughts for me on Sunday. I haven't been to my ward in over a month and I need to get back on the wagon. And DH is really starting to work in the AM on Sundays now so I have no excuse not to go to all 3 hours. I'm just scared.

On a side note I almost passed out today, Evan told me that he is thinking of paying Tithing again ....and he has still been reading the scriptures and looking up a bunch in Mormon Doctrine. If only he didn't work on Sundays

So how is everyone else doing??

Tif I'm thinking of you this weekend!

Oh has anyone heard the new Hilary Weeks CD, If I only had today? It's really good. And I also got the New Paul Cardall CD, Living for Eden, and it is awesome (if you love piano music)...
    I'm trying to force myself to get out of my Twilight obsession and start a new church book tomorrow night while Evan is working. Usually I read a secular book and then a church book next, but with Twilight I got out of that habit and it's been over a month since August that I rotated a church book in. I think I'm going to start, Finding Peace, Joy and Happiness.

Good luck on TTC!! Did you make it to church? With me being on bedrest I'm not able to go DH goes without me though.

This group has died once again!

I thought this was apropos today:

"I begin by mentioning one of the most inevitable aspects of our lives here upon the earth, and that is change. At one time or another we’ve all heard some form of the familiar adage: “Nothing is as constant as change.” Throughout our lives, we must deal with change. Some changes are welcome; some are not."
    --President Thomas S. Monson, in General Conference last month

I'm having a hard time accepting the change right now (and no I don't mean menopause!) and this is helping me!

Change is definitely inevitable...come on, Heather. YOu can admit to us. It's ok to be going through "the change" early in life "winks"

Kidding. Yes, change is hard. For everyone. Look at our little ones and how hard change is. I mean, think about it...are we accepting this change any more gracefully than our two year olds accept a change in their expected routine? If not...I guess we've got room for improvement, right!?

Thanks for that quote! My husband found it interesting that he said that just last month and now we have this change.

Woot! I was wondering if there was a thread devoted to LDS moms. It seemed likely. :-D
    I wantes a bebe!Cocoa Cake Muffin Batter HousewifePraying for MANDYM's BFPTTC: 4 months

Quote Originally Posted by rhiaofthewoods View Post
    Woot! I was wondering if there was a thread devoted to LDS moms. It seemed likely. :-D
    Yay welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhiaofthewoods View Post
    Welcome! Is it safe to assume your name is Rhia? Jump on in on our thread here!

So I need some input. I'm the Education Counselor. My RS Pres is pushing me to come up with a "goal program" to launch at our VT Conf in Feb. I'm not feeling it, gals. I've talked with my mom and she hasn't heard hide nor hair of the goal program since it was on it's way out as she was on her way in 30 years ago! I know it's still supposedly "on the books" so to speak..but do any of you have any experience with any RS goal programs? I'm just not feeling it and I'm not feeling like my RS president is getting that. I'm feeling like anything beyond the goals that my family has already set with our Preach My Gospel stuff-missionary work, etc-is about as far as I can go. But I'm feeling pretty thin right now. Just that time for me. Maybe if I can just make it through Monday. I don't know. I just had our Stk Leadership meeting tonight. In the little break off with all the Education Counselors from the stk I brought it up. Not one ward is doing anything. And our RS president is making me feel like it's something the Stk RS presidency is pushing...the stk counselor that was in there with us was all "oh yeah, it's one of those old programs that we like to make sure you guys are aware is still out there to be utilized, but right now our focus is on getting the YW into RS, and making that transition as smooth as possible with the laurels, etc"...

I feel like such a nerd but I actually started crying over not feeling this program and not feeling like I can tell the president that when I was talking with the Enrichment counselor about it this evening. She told me to just tell her! But I the the problem is that while I'm 27, I swear I feel 22, 23, somewhere like that. That was my issue in the YW presidency, too. I felt more of a peer than a role model to the girls. I just feel...inadequate and inferior. Doesn't help that I'm literally the youngest person in our RS. Our president is in her late 50's and the other counselor and secretary are in their late 40's. I just feel...dumb saying ANYTYHING!

Tif I've never heard of the goal program before. Just tell her that its not happening, if you cant come up with anything. Or ask her for suggestions. I understand how you feel though about being one of the youngest ones in your RS group.

Now when it comes to the YW transitioning into RS I have some ideas on what our ward does if your interested. *hugs* and good luck.