Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: LDS Moms

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

ok, totally jealous of the Radiohead concert, Heather! That's awesome!

John and I are going to Phantom of the Opera on the 17th after church. My brother and I have the same birthday-the 13th. He and his wife moved a few hours north. He and I are so used to doing something together on our birthday (used to be getting high and drinking...but ya know. Times change, right!?) and so SIL and John are getting us 4 tickets to see Phantom all together! I'm stoked. I've never seen it, or any show, for that matter! The only time that worked for us because of the agricultural season being in full swing is a Sunday. We decided that since the tickets will already be bought, it's not such a huge deal. I'm way excited!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Got the apartment! We're moving this week! Just in time for Jonah's birthday! YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by mattswife View Post
    Got the apartment! We're moving this week! Just in time for Jonah's birthday! YAY!
    Yippee! I hope it all goes smooth-both the move and the birthday!

Only 6 more months until he's in nursery...that's roughly only 25-28 more sundays...

congrats on the apartment!!

if you become my facebook friend, you can see pictures from the concert. come on. be my friend. you know you want to be my friend.

Tif I'm super jealous of you, I LOVE Phantom, have never seen the show live just from the movie. We go to Vegas a lot and I really want to see it there, but tickets are pretty expensive and with a little one on the way our trips to Vegas will be cut short.

Congrats on getting the apartment mattswife!!

SO JEALOUS of the Radiohead concert!!! And jealous of Phantom of the Opera... I guess I live under a rock because I've never seen it, heard the music and really don't even know the story.

I liked reading your testimonies ladies. They were nice! It's hard for me to focus on listening to testimonies and really get a lot out of them, but when I read them seem to sink in a lot deeper.

Poor Caiden... I'm having big guilt. He had another hard time at nursery this Sunday. As soon as we walked in the room he freaked out and wanted daddy, daddy, daddy, so I had to go get him. Adam had to stay the entire time. And the saddest part? They sang "When Daddy Comes Home" again, and even though C was sitting on Adam's lap, he still cried. I feel like if I hadn't been such a bum during pregnancy and he had been in nursery the past 6 months then he wouldn't be so sad now, but would be used to nursery instead.

Any of your kiddos go through this? What did you do?

The kiddos looked so cute in their church clothes this week. I'll have to post a picture. We're going to go sit on the swing and watch the lightning and listen to thunder, so I'll come back and do that later.

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    congrats on the apartment!!

if you become my facebook friend, you can see pictures from the concert. come on. be my friend. you know you want to be my friend.
    I want to be your friend

Holly don't feel bad. John never lets me leave his side and I use that as an excuse to not even try to take him to nursery
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    Only 6 more months until he's in nursery...that's roughly only 25-28 more sundays...
    That's awesome! It was harder than I thought to take him to church, and we only made it to Sacrament meeting! I should start a serious countdown...

Quote Originally Posted by mattswife View Post
    That's awesome! It was harder than I thought to take him to church, and we only made it to Sacrament meeting! I should start a serious countdown...
    You totally should. I think I started mine with Keira when she was still 38 sunday's away. I was so ready to have only one child with me for the last two hours!

Lacy, is that siggy picture of your girls taken on a WA ferry? It looks like the Klickitat or some other one out there on the sound!

I miss the ferries. We used to have to take one to get to John's hometown but now that we moved south we can just drive up the west side of the sound instead of crossing it.

Holly I'm so sad to hear Caiden is having a rough time. So far our kids have done fine in nursery but I do think consistency is the key. I also know that it's hard to leave a crying child, but I have seen a family who went to the other extreme and stayed with their daughters WAY too long - every Sunday, the whole time, for 2 years! Seriously. BOTH parents. What if Adam stays until a certain point... IDK their nursery scheduled. Like in ours they do play-doh first, then singing time. What if Adam tells C he'll stay until they're done with the first activity (whatever that is)? Then you can arrange with the nursery leaders that if he's still inconsolable after x # of minutes they come to get you? I don't know. Just trying to imagine what we'd do. He's still got almost a year and a half of nursery so hopefully he starts to enjoy it more!

Holly I'm so sad to hear Caiden is having a rough time. So far our kids have done fine in nursery but I do think consistency is the key. I also know that it's hard to leave a crying child, but I have seen a family who went to the other extreme and stayed with their daughters WAY too long - every Sunday, the whole time, for 2 years! Seriously. BOTH parents. What if Adam stays until a certain point... IDK their nursery scheduled. Like in ours they do play-doh first, then singing time. What if Adam tells C he'll stay until they're done with the first activity (whatever that is)? Then you can arrange with the nursery leaders that if he's still inconsolable after x # of minutes they come to get you? I don't know. Just trying to imagine what we'd do. He's still got almost a year and a half of nursery so hopefully he starts to enjoy it more!
    ITA. We've found over the last few months...of our semi-activity...that consistency really is the key. I will not lie...there have been more Sunday's than not where the only reason we've made it is Keira. If we don't take her, the next time we try to it will be a battle. Not because she hates nursery. Not because she's scared. But because it sort of "resets" things in her little world and we have to rebuild it for her.

Our nursery has us leave them in their crying. But we're to stand outside the door (outside the view through the glass windows, of course). If within 2 minutes things aren't calming down (or sooner if it's really obvious that they're hysterical), we are to come back in. I've only had to go back in 2 times. Of course, there have been plenty of times where John or I have stayed in there longer, too...and to be honest I don't think we were of any help. It would have been better for the girls if we'd walked out and let those 2 minutes do their thing.

Lacy, is that siggy picture of your girls taken on a WA ferry? It looks like the Klickitat or some other one out there on the sound!

I miss the ferries. We used to have to take one to get to John's hometown but now that we moved south we can just drive up the west side of the sound instead of crossing it.
    Yup!!! You win 100 points! For what I am not sure, but hey points are always good! We rode the ferry from Mukilteo to Whidbey Island and then back, the girls liked it. So I guess that is the Clinton ferry run, not sure of the actual name of the ferry we were on. We played at the beach that day looking for shells and having lunch so we finished the day with a ferry ride. Grandma lives in Everett, so not too far from the ferries.

So ladies we had our big 20 week ultrasound appointment today and its a little boy! We are super excited, and have had a good laugh at everyone who was convinced it was a girl (my mom especially). You can see pictures on our blog www.kevandbran.blogspot.com! Just wanted to share my news with ya'll!

Congratulations Brandi! I'm excited for you!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to all the other LDS ladies! I look forward to getting to know everyone!!
    April '09 Mommy, Baby #2 Due Nov 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi to all the other LDS ladies! I look forward to getting to know everyone!!
    Welcome and congrats on your little Bean!! Sticky Dust to you!!

congratulations brandi!

and welcome lindseylou!

Congrats Brandi on your little boy!

Welcome LindsayLou!!

Thank you ladies we are so super excited!

Okay Ladies I have taken the leap....I ordered G's :batman:. I'm so nervous about wearing them again. I know I don't have enough shorts that are long enough so fall needs to hurry up and get here

And I finally re-subscribed to the Ensign and decided to get the Friend for John!

Wow! That is great! Every step helps, and I know I can speak for the other ladies here too when I say we are all so proud of you! (((HUGS)))

Quote Originally Posted by EvandAl View Post
    Okay Ladies I have taken the leap....I ordered G's :batman:. I'm so nervous about wearing them again. I know I don't have enough shorts that are long enough so fall needs to hurry up and get here

And I finally re-subscribed to the Ensign and decided to get the Friend for John!
    That is awesome!! WOOHOOOO!! *hugs*

What if Adam stays until a certain point... IDK their nursery scheduled. Like in ours they do play-doh first, then singing time. What if Adam tells C he'll stay until they're done with the first activity (whatever that is)? Then you can arrange with the nursery leaders that if he's still inconsolable after x # of minutes they come to get you? I don't know. Just trying to imagine what we'd do. He's still got almost a year and a half of nursery so hopefully he starts to enjoy it more!
    I think this is a really good idea! He's in the senior nursery so they have snacks first and then go play afterwards. So Adam could stay until the end of snack and then playtime would be a good time to leave since there's a lot to be distracted with. We'll have to give it a whirl this Sunday to see if it works.

Our nursery has us leave them in their crying. But we're to stand outside the door (outside the view through the glass windows, of course). If within 2 minutes things aren't calming down (or sooner if it's really obvious that they're hysterical), we are to come back in. I've only had to go back in 2 times. Of course, there have been plenty of times where John or I have stayed in there longer, too...and to be honest I don't think we were of any help. It would have been better for the girls if we'd walked out and let those 2 minutes do their thing.
    I know what you mean here, and a few minutes isn't to big of a deal, but I always have a hard time with that because Caiden is so emotionally sensitive. Plus, he's going through a shy phase, so I feel cruel forcing him into a social situation where he feels uncomfortable. Argh... I don't know what to do. Guess we'll take it one Sunday and at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    So ladies we had our big 20 week ultrasound appointment today and its a little boy! We are super excited, and have had a good laugh at everyone who was convinced it was a girl (my mom especially). You can see pictures on our blog www.kevandbran.blogspot.com! Just wanted to share my news with ya'll!
    Woohoo! Congrats!! Little boys are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
    Hi Lindsey!

Yay! That's wonderful!

I found some super comfy and long (which is saying something because I'm 6' tall) shorts at J. Jill. They're linen and the most comfy clothes I own. Check 'em out!

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJo View Post
    I found some super comfy and long (which is saying something because I'm 6' tall) shorts at J. Jill. They're linen and the most comfy clothes I own. Check 'em out!
    Okay so I had to search right away HAHA
    Are these the ones you have?
    http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/pro...67E6A&h=M&sk=M

I have one pair of gap shorts that are long enough and I need to return stuff there so I might have to grab one more pair. They're at the outlets plus I know they are on sale since it's end of season. Can you tell I'm justifying?

Okay so I had to search right away HAHA
    Are these the ones you have?
    http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/pro...67E6A&h=M&sk=M

I have one pair of gap shorts that are long enough and I need to return stuff there so I might have to grab one more pair. They're at the outlets plus I know they are on sale since it's end of season. Can you tell I'm justifying?
    Yes! I have a coupon for spend $75 and get $25 off. Let me know if you want to use it!

I've never heard of j Jill, but I just looked at that link, and I LOVE the linen skirt that it had on the left...and for only $25, too! I might have to look around some more on there...

I also got some long shorts from Walmart. They didn't have them in the store, but online, and with site-to-store I didn't have to pay shipping. They were only like $10 I think?

I totally need to get some new garments. Mine are all a big mix of regular, maternity, and nursing tops, and regular and maternity bottoms! Sometimes the maternity bottoms are so saggy around the waist that I can only wear them with jeans, because a skirt would just let them slip off. I really need to get a whole new set, just start new.

My 11th Mormon birthday is next Sunday!!! Woohoo!!
    I'm actually far more excited about THAT than about my regular old 30th birthday next month!

My 11th Mormon birthday is next Sunday!!! Woohoo!!
    I'm actually far more excited about THAT than about my regular old 30th birthday next month!

My 11th mormon b-day is this december

Do any of you have this DVD, I saw in the desert catalog I got

http://deseretbook.com/store/product?sku=5010331