Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: LDS Moms

Of course!!!!!!!! What should we do? It is hotter than heck here, too hot to play at a park for very long. Do you want to do something with the kids or just us?

Yeah, this will be fun!

I want to play *pout*

Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)

Quote Originally Posted by katrina131h View Post
    I want to play *pout*
    Are you still in Utah? Come on up! If we meet for lunch that is plenty of time for you to drive here.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Quote Originally Posted by katrina131h View Post
    I want to play *pout*
    I promise if you move to Seattle we'll play! Are you guys for sure on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    Of course!!!!!!!! What should we do? It is hotter than heck here, too hot to play at a park for very long. Do you want to do something with the kids or just us?

Yeah, this will be fun!
    ooo, I don't know. Maybe just us? There'll be so much family around there that my girls don't get to see much. And actually Kari (SIL) has a daughter Scharae's age and a foster-adopted-sister Keira's, so I think it'd be almost more headache to tear them away from all the kids to go back in the car!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Well then, I can come to Kuna and meet you for lunch. Do you like mexican food? There is a restaraunt there in Kuna that everyone talks about that I would like to try right on the main road through town. Other than that I really don't know what else they have there. (I have only been to Kuna twice) Or if you feel like driving a little bit more I can come pick you up or you can meet me here and we can find something in Nampa. Let me know, I am looking forward to it!

I'll PM you my number so when you get to town and get settled you can call me and let me know what time works for you. I don't have any plans for Saturday so this is great!

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    Are you still in Utah? Come on up! If we meet for lunch that is plenty of time for you to drive here.
    Ha ha, I wish! If gas wasn't $4+ a gallon I probably would.

Quote Originally Posted by Tif View Post
    I promise if you move to Seattle we'll play! Are you guys for sure on that one?
    Ugh, so frustrating. They wanted a longer commitment then we were willing to give. So we just decided not to worry about it and we'll see where we go when DH goes to law school next year. I can't even explain how frustrating it has been. That is why I haven't replied to the PM you sent me. It has been somewhat of a sensitive subject.

Lacy you live in Nampa? I've been there a few times. My husbands cousin lives in Boise. My sister in law is coming from CA in a couple weeks and she plans on going there for a night.

Katrina where is your husband going to Law School? My cousin just graduated from Law school.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post

Katrina where is your husband going to Law School? My cousin just graduated from Law school.
    We don't know yet. He'll start applying this fall. We really liked University of Washington when we went there last week. DH thinks Lewis and Clark in Portland would be cool. He's heard it is a more relaxed atmosphere. He also wants to apply to Washington University in St. Louis, and some other ones I can't think of right now. So we have no idea where we will be going.

Good luck with it!! My cousin was in Virgina for Law School. He just accepted a position in Dallas Texas with a law firm he did an internship with last summer.

So what is everybody up too? Our little thread has been very quiet.

It has been quiet!

We're still regrouping from our jaunt over your way. I so wish I could have met up with you! I should have called you from WalMart since we were likely there at the same time! We didn't get the girls to bed until 11pm that night, so we were pretty busy!

Other than that...same ol' same ol'. I did just now realize I'd agreed to be at Day Camp all day today...and now there's only an hour left...I hope they survived and found someone else to chaperone! I hate when I drop the ball like that! I got called yesterday and asked to be in charge of games at an enrichment activity that's mother/daughter later this month...I've got to remember not to drop the ball on that one!

John wants to move to Kuna. My brother and SIL are closing on a house that was dirt cheap, 5 years old, and has a massive back yard. John's totally jealous! But I don't think we could live that far from the ocean. But he has been looking at jobs in Boise, or else in Kennewick, thinking maybe the rivers in Kennewick would suffice!

We love it here, we have been here 6 years and we don't plan on moving back to Washington at all.

I'm sorry we couldn't meet up either, but next time when you are here for a little while longer we can do something. I am already looking forward to it.

We are driving to Washington tomorrow to visit DH's family and take the kids to Seattle. We moved when they were younger so they don't remember a lot about Seattle, should be fun! I'm going to be very busy catching up on laundry and packing tonight.

Dont forget about that one suitcase thats pretty heavy! I would love to go to Washington I've never ever been there but heard its beautiful! Oh and I've only seen the ocean once and that was in San Fran!

Not alot going on here we just got back from a little camping trip to Island Park. My SIL is coming here next weekend for a day and then heading to Boise to see my DH's cousin for a day.

I love Island Park! When I was at Ricks I was in this teeny class of 4-I was the only girl. We went on like 4 camping trips to Island Park. It was a wildlife convservation class and man did we have some fun times up there!

Tiff my great uncle has a cabin up there. He passed away last spring and left it to my grandparents, my aunt and uncle and my parents. So needless to say we spend a lot of time up there. Of course we can not do any remodeling until his wife officially hands everything over, because we do not want to spend a ton of money on something and not actually receive it in the end. We didnt get to go through the Park this year and the mosquitos were HORRIBLE!! I seriously think I had like 15+ bites.

Hey Katrina... IU has a nice law school.

So I'm totally feeling left out here in the midwest with all this 'out west' talk!

Oh BTW we got together with the in-laws (DH's brothers and their wives) and I was LOL all over the place - the ones from Utah (they've only lived there a year) were all wearing LAYERED SHIRTS! Hilarious. I thought of you ladies and this thread when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    Hey Katrina... IU has a nice law school.
    I'll mention that to that DH tonight when he gets home

Oh BTW we got together with the in-laws (DH's brothers and their wives) and I was LOL all over the place - the ones from Utah (they've only lived there a year) were all wearing LAYERED SHIRTS! Hilarious. I thought of you ladies and this thread when I saw it.
    Gotta love them . . . but not right now. It is just too dang hot!!

So come out west and join us!

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    So come out west and join us!
    Yeah I'll go get some long tanks to stick under my t's and be right there!

LOL sounds good!

Okay I just had to report in....I finally made it to church today

So how is everyone doing???
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

I've been wondering where you were Al!!! How did it go? Was he a good boy???

We went and had a really good day, I must admit. Truman was happy in nursery and Penny was good with us in SS and with me in RS. David is the default EQ president since the actual president is gone all summer for an internship and there is no 2nd counselor to speak of, so he's kind of stressed with all the people needing help moving in & out (college town so July/August is big moving season).

Something cute happened I wanted to tell you all about. A few weeks ago, Truman was having a rough day in nursery and they took him to my husband because I was subbing in primary. David was holding him out in the foyer. I had to go get some chalk and happened to walk past and see them, and when Truman saw me, he said, "Mommy's home!" It was really cute. He then ended up coming to CTR5 with me. Anyway - again today, they brought him to us in SS because he was poopy, and when he saw us, he goes, "I'm home!" all smiles! So I realized, to Truman, "home" means, we're all together and happy. Not our house. Which is the real meaning I guess.

Home is where the heart is-Tru's got that concept down early!

Church was so good today. I never say that, so I hope y'all realize how huge of a statement that is for me Last week we were in Idaho and the girls were really good. We totally spaced a diaper bag full of toys/books/etc for them, and they did awesome with the bulletin and a pen and Scharae "read" the hymn book the whole time. I think they did so good because Nana, Papa, Yaya, Pappy, Grandma, Grandpa, and cousins were all there.

So last night after prayer we talked about tomorrow being Sunday and that mommy and daddy wouldn't be bringing any snacks, no food, no cups. They would get the "little bread and water" and then snack in nursery. Seemed to fly with Keira. I can't believe it, but we did it! I'm wondering if knowing there was always something new in the bag was giving them an overstimulation of some sort. I brought them each a coloring book and a Thomas book. And that was all. And I didn't have to take them out one time! Sure they weren't silent, but they weren't hellacious, either!

John had to go HT this afternoon, but right after church we changed the girls' clothes and took some flowers out to Taela's. When we got out there John asked Keira if she remembered where Taela was-meaning her headstone. Her answer? "Baby Taela sister in Jesus' lap." We hadn't brought her out there in about 2 months, and I think it'd been longer than that since I told her that Taela lived with Jesus. I'm constantly amazed at the things these little kids' brains absorb...gives me hope that all my mothering won't be in vain!

LuTruPeMo thats so cute that your little boy already realizes that home is where family is!

Tiff kids are amazing arent they? When I taught nursery I was always so impressed with how much they knew and how much they remembered from 5 min lessons. They are like sponges and suck everything up!

woohoo I'm glad that so many made it church. We made if of course we did not stay for the entire thing. My husband is a primary teacher and had to teach primary and I had to make sure that all the Young Women got permission slips for Girls Camp thats the end of the month. This was a rough morning and I almost didnt make it, I had bad morning sickness this morning and had already threw up several times. I never make it to SS but it was okay because we had a meeting to discuss girls camp and who's husbands needed to go (they are short in PH leaders). We took the sacrament and went home to get me some food.

Tif that is very sweet. And I think you're onto something there with the snacks & toys! Definitely. When we bring less, it seems the kids do better, somehow. Lucy is fine to draw and color and make faces at her friends and Truman is happy with some sort of toy that rolls around, and Penny is happy with a lap and some hair to pull.

Brandi I'm sorry you are still sick! That sucks. I hope it passes very soon!

John was pretty good at church. We only had to go out once while the sacrament was being passed.

Luckily there was a little girl (about 8) sitting next to us and she played with him a bunch and let him color with her. It made it so much easier to listen to the speakers.

I'm really thinking of asking DH to go to church with me. His days off changed so now on Sundays he doesn't have to be at work until 12. So I'm hoping maybe I can convince him to at least go to SS and the first part of sacrament with me. He has been super supportive of me going so I'm hoping he's ready to make the next step. Plus I want to start going to more than just sacrament but I feel guilty because then he won't get to see John at all that day (he gets home after bedtime)

You should ask him! I think it sounds like a good plan. You have SS before sacrament? We visited a ward like that once. It had me all messed up. I think they had sacrament last or something. I felt discombobulated.

You should ask him to go with you and by him watching you it may change his mind and he'll enjoy it. One of my ex bf's hadnt really gone since his mission but when he seen me going every sunday he decided that maybe it wasnt so bad and he started going. Same thing happened with my parents. Good luck!

LOL our sacrament is last. When I go to wards where its first I get all confussed lol.

You should ask him! I think it sounds like a good plan. You have SS before sacrament? We visited a ward like that once. It had me all messed up. I think they had sacrament last or something. I felt discombobulated.
    Yep it's last....I hate it

I think it would be easier to meet people if it wasn't, KWIM? With it being last everyone gets up and leavesafter sacrament, so there is less conversation. But if we were all going to SS everyone would be lingering around.