Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: LDS Moms

Whoa...there's been a lot said since I last looked at this thread. Okay, here we go!

Katrina, I was glad to see your second nursery post. I was going to tell you that dh and I were in nursery when I was preggo. DH was WAY happy to have the calling. I got into it a lot more when I realized that making up the little lessons for the kids was really teaching me what to do for my own kids. Also, I'm glad they called another couple. We always had another couple (or two) to rotate with and the kids didn't seem to mind at all. I think that's a good way to go.

EvandAl, sorry, I couldn't help but chuckle a little about the poop incident. My lo used to go a few days between poops, but one thing we could always count on...that he would poop at church. It would be a big one and a blowout because he wasn't on solids yet. If I didn't bring an extra outfit...yeah, we had to leave.

As for my sacrament meeting plan of attack, well, it's a nap. We have 1 pm church right now. Just the time when V takes a nap. We go a little early and DH walks him to sleep and it usually goes pretty well. He woke up 1/2 way through Sunday School today and was a little wild. We fed him goldfish crackers and some milk and I had to take him out to walk for the very end. DH usually takes him for R.S/Priesthood. I don't know how that usually goes for them. It's probably the one hour a week that I don't spend worrying about what my lo is doing. Lookin' forward to those days where I have more than one though!!

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Have you ladies heard or read this talk by Sis Beck? One of our stake YW presidency members came and talked yesterday and this talk was her topic.

http://lds.org/conference/talk/displ...775-27,00.html

I don't have trouble finding things for my kids to do during sacrament, I have the opposite problem, I end up taking things away from them that they sneak in with out me knowing. I take pens, books, small toys, lip gloss, nail files etc. away. They are old enough that they should be able to listen and get something out of the message, they are 13, 12 and 10. And occasionally I have to seperate them and sit between them when they get talking to each other.

I love that talk.

Unfortunately, I've heard that out west (esp. Utah) that talk was under a lot of scrutiny & criticism (which IMO is akin to 'speaking evil of the Lord's anointed' as she was asked to speak at GC you know?) because a lot of women who work were offended or women were offended for whatever reason. I think it's stupid. It was a great talk. No matter what job we may have outside the home, motherhood is the most powerful, important thing we can do, which we are DESIGNED to do.

Ok. Off soapbox now.

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    I love that talk.

Unfortunately, I've heard that out west (esp. Utah) that talk was under a lot of scrutiny & criticism (which IMO is akin to 'speaking evil of the Lord's anointed' as she was asked to speak at GC you know?) because a lot of women who work were offended or women were offended for whatever reason. I think it's stupid. It was a great talk. No matter what job we may have outside the home, motherhood is the most powerful, important thing we can do, which we are DESIGNED to do.

Ok. Off soapbox now.
    HeHeHe, I am in idaho (a lot of LDS) and I didn't hear anything like that, also I do work full time outside the home and didn't think anything of it, I think if you look to be offended then you can find it, but if you have an open mind then it is a really good talk.

I love that talk.

Ok. Off soapbox now.
    I live in Utah and you couldn't be more right on. I couldn't believe the negative reaction from some women. So many were offended and groups were even started to make a stance against that talk. I thought it was sad. They didn't get the message intended at all. Motherhood is out grand calling in life and I think it was a bit of a harsh reminder to some people.

Even my SIL was offended because they had been married a couple of weeks and didn't want to get pregnant immediately. I told her I didn't think that was what she meant. I think she meant that you shouldn't let other things get in front of having kids such as a career.

I thought it was an amazing talk. It did make me feel a little bit guilty, but good guilty, like I need to do better at that type thing.

Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)

I love that talk.

Ok. Off soapbox now.
    I LOVED loved loved that talk...and then I heard there was some criticism and whatnot about it and I was shocked. That talk made me feel like I was so loved and special. I just didn't understand. I didn't hear anything negative about it from anyone in person though.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    I think if you look to be offended then you can find it, but if you have an open mind then it is a really good talk.

:ita:

Wasn't there a talk in the previous GC about not being easily offended? I liked that one too... about how, we are only offended when we CHOOSE to be offended, and really becoming offended is our own fault. It's very true.

I know we waited a couple of years before TTC after we got married. And I don't feel guilty for that and I know that every couple is different on that.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Stake Conference today. And it sucked (with the girls, not the speakers...heck I have no clue 5 words that were said). That's all I have to say about Church today. It's experiences like today that really make it hard to push myself to get back into the swing of things at Church.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Tif it was really bad for us today, too. It started yesterday in fact when I realized I just did NOT want to go. I tried to talk David into just going at 10:00 so we'd be there in time for SS & RS/PH and the kids could go to primary/nursery (how many/slashes/can/I/use/here? ) but he said no we need to keep going to sacrament meeting or they'll never behave! Grrr. So we went. It's just a 75 minute wrestling match!

One bit of a talk I actually heard was being quoted from Sister Tanner's talk at GC -- the one about all the things she 'delights' in -- and it did seem to be for us at that moment. Here's the part he quoted:
    I delight in the examples of those in the scriptures who walk by faith on their earthly journey. Each time I walk with Abraham and Isaac on the road to Mount Moriah, I weep, knowing that Abraham does not know that there will be an angel and a ram in the thicket at the end of the journey. We are each in the middle of our earthly path, and we don’t know the rest of our own stories. But we, as Abraham, are blessed with miracles.
    I delight in the Lord’s mercies and miracles (see “Bless Our Fast, We Pray,Hymns, no. 138). I know that His tender mercies and His miracles, large and small, are real. They come in His way and on His timetable. Sometimes it is not until we have reached our extremity. Jesus’s disciples on the Sea of Galilee had to toil in rowing against a contrary wind all through the night before Jesus finally came to their aid. He did not come until the “fourth watch,” meaning near dawn. Yet He did come. (See Mark 6:45–51.) My testimony is that miracles do come, though sometimes not until the fourth watch.

I took this, for me personally, to mean that I can't see what effect taking my kids to church every week is going to have on them when they are older, but I need to have faith that by doing what I know Heavenly Father wants me to do, however difficult (and it's way easier than sacrificing one of my children!), we will all be blessed eventually.

Oops... I forgot all about this thread. I got out of the habit of checking it when we left on our trip.

That's a great quote Heather. That's the sort of thing I need to find and keep reading about, especially now that I'm approaching the point of wrestling 2 during Sacrament instead of one.

I'm sorry it was a rough meeting Tif. Stake Conference is hard... two hours in hard metal folding chairs (we never get there early enough for the pews). It's a long meeting.

I remember a couple years ago a talk at Stake Conference by one of the 70 (can't remember his name...) about children in church and how it's so much better to work through the difficult moments IN the meeting instead of constantly taking them outside. He also said other members should be understanding and patient with the children because it's sort of a "rite of passage" for most parents and they probably weren't perfect kids in Sacrament meeting themselves back in the day. I try to remember that when Caiden is role playing with his safari animals and they're yelling at each other.

Holly that is so true. We have a few hateful old women in our ward, who I think have forgotten what it was like when their own kids were unruly, but for the most part I think other people are pretty laidback about it. When we take Tru out, we are trying to always make him sit on our laps and not let him run around, so it's not fun at all. At least in the pew he can walk between me & DH on each end.

So guys, I'm really bummed right now. I think I mentioned this before - I'm the only member in my family. It's fine, they usually are okay with everything. But I feel like sometimes it's impossible and they will never change and I just want to give up trying. And sometimes, not often, but sometimes like today, I feel like they are actually BAD influences for me & my children and I just don't want to be around them. Has anyone else felt this way? I know the world is full of bad influences (so why should my family be any different?) but it just makes me sad to see them with addictions and their skewed way of thinking that it's normal and okay to live their lives this way! I am so heartbroken for them because I know what could make them happy and I have it but they just won't TAKE IT.

So guys, I'm really bummed right now. I think I mentioned this before - I'm the only member in my family. It's fine, they usually are okay with everything. But I feel like sometimes it's impossible and they will never change and I just want to give up trying. And sometimes, not often, but sometimes like today, I feel like they are actually BAD influences for me & my children and I just don't want to be around them. Has anyone else felt this way? I know the world is full of bad influences (so why should my family be any different?) but it just makes me sad to see them with addictions and their skewed way of thinking that it's normal and okay to live their lives this way! I am so heartbroken for them because I know what could make them happy and I have it but they just won't TAKE IT.

I'm totally with you on this one. I think my family REALLY is a bad influence on me. And that they have played a part in my inactivity

I am also the only member in the family and they don't really want to know about the church and just think that the way I live is stupid and they make fun of me all the time. My parents now go to church but they still drink and so on. I have thought like you at times that I don't want my child around that and I am just waiting for the day that John says, "but grandpa does it". And my sister is Atheist so she is totally against the church.

BUT at the same time I am all for free agency and I will just have to work extra hard to teach my children that, KWIM?

I'm sorry that you are feeling bummed Totally wish I could give you one of these!

Oh Heather, off topic, I was telling my MIL about you (hope you don't mind HA) because I was thinking about it, we have some things in common.
    You are a convert, and as you said only member in family
    We were baptised in the same year (only a few months a part)
    We were married less than a year apart
    You married your missionary, my SIL married my first Missionary (not quiet the same but you know)
    Oh and you are feeling in your ward now how I felt in my old ward, I quit going and ended up inactive, but I know that you are a stronger member than me!

Thought I would share! Oh and I hope you don't think I'm some psycho stalker HAHA I promise I'm not!
    Last edited by EvandAl; 04-21-2008 at 07:08 PM.
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Hey Psycho Stalker, thanks.

It just helps knowing someone else knows how I feel.

A few years ago, I realized that my GRANDPARENTS were living together unmarried, my MOM/STEPDAD were living together unmarried, my SISTER/BOYFRIEND were doing it, and my DAD/STEPMOM were doing it! Sheesh! How am I to teach my children it's WRONG when everyone they know other than their own parents is doing it??? Eventually my mom/stepdad got married and my dad/stepmom, but my grandparents never did (they've both passed away now so I'll get them married...heehee) and my sister will probably never get married. Don't even get me started on her.

I know that having an LDS family doesn't make everything automatically easy (DH's two sisters are both totally inactive & both have been divorced and now live with boyfriends) but IDK... it would make life easier, if not easy.

Since we've been quiet for a little while here I thought I would ask some questions to get us going again

I'm curious how many of us were Raised in the church and how many are converts? If you were Raised in the church did you have times that you strayed? If so what age did you decided the church was "true"?

Okay that was a long question so I'll just do that one for now

My answer:
    I am a convert, raised in a mostly baptist family (we're from the South ) I joined the church at 17. I met my DH at 15 (16, two months later) he was raised in the church but so not active. He was the bad boy, which sadly was what attracted me to him. But he slowly calmed down and I started going to church with him. We broke up for a while, but I continued to go and really felt that the church was for me. Not sure I really had a "testimony" but I had a feeling, if you KWIM? So I was baptised, much to my father's dismay (He felt the church was a cult), But my mother gave her blessing. I stayed active in the church and were married when I was 19. We had a civil marriage first and then a year later were sealed in the Orlando Temple. But about a year after being sealed we slowly faded to being in-active. Here I am 6 years later (now 27)trying to make my way back. I really feel I have a testimony now so I truly believe it's going to "stick". I think one struggle for me is being the only member in my family. My in-laws are AWESOME and are so supportive (even when inactive), but it's not the same. But I am determined to not let my family phase me and sway me. I really feel like they are the people in the Great and Spacious building trying to guilt me off of the straight and narrow.

So that's a book but I wanted to share

Al thanks for sharing that! It's very interesting to hear your experience, and I know that you will get back on the path (you're practically there if you could just show up at the right time eh? ) and things will be great.

I am also a convert. I was baptized when I was almost 19 years old (a month before my b-day). I also dated a guy (what's up with that?!) who was Mormon but unlike Al's DH he was active & 'a good boy' which ironically is what attracted me to him - he was different from all the other losers I dated! Anyway, that relationship didn't really pan out but we remained friends & it sparked my interest in the church.

Since I was baptized I've had struggles but never had long periods of inactivity. The first year I would say was the hardest. The ward I was in had a lot of families but I was a college student and there were almost NO college students - I think 2 or 3 of us total but the others had families who were active LDS families to go to church with. It was very hard. My family is also unsupportive at times, and then a year later when I got engaged and wanted to get married in the temple, they worked very hard to make that not happen. They were obviously hurt and angry they couldn't be there but we tried to do what we could to make the reception a big deal. Nine years later, everyone is fine with it, but at the time, it was enormously stressful for me.

The only time since we were married that we've faced inactivity as a family is now. I've mentioned before how hard we have found it to fit in here and make real friends. But we only have one more year here so we're sticking it out! If it weren't for our kids though, we'd probably just stop going. It's really hard to feel the spirit and to feel love but we do keep trying. Our children need the consistency of going every week and in a few months all 3 of them will be in nursery or primary so we're really looking forward to that! ;)

I grew up in the Church. I grew up in a very strict household, compared to my friends at church, but as I've matured I've realized that it really wasn't as strict as I perceived it to be I graduated from HS, went out to BYU-Idaho (will always be Ricks to me!) and graduated from there. I think that burnt me out. I hated it there. When I left I had a boyfriend back in WA and we stayed together. But then we broke up and my world spiraled out of control. But then I got a new bf in Idaho...and we broke up. And were in the same ward. And I just wanted to leave. We were engaged and everything. It was real tough for me. So I sent from my already-full schedule of 18 credits each semester to 23. I had to get special approval. But if I didn't do that I'd have to come back for a 4th semester for just 5 credits. So I totally overloaded myself and came home after finishing my 3rd semester exhausted. Emotionally, physically and spirtually. So I took off to europe for a couple months, came home, got my first non-member boyfriend. And so my story begins...we moved in together but I kept up the facade of another residence for about 7 months. For the first 4 months I let him know that I'd never ever have sex with him Hah, right. Naive! Anyhow, I ended up pregnant blah blah blah. There's a lot in there I basically pretend never happened. My parents practically disowned me. Not really, but I felt that way (again, all in perception!). We broke up after 18 months and I went along my merry way. I moved in with a coworker and her parents would call bright and early Sunday mornings trying to drag her to their Reformed christian church (oh yeah, I grew up in a very religious town. Although Mormons and Catholics were shunned as sinners!). She'd never go but I started going with them. And I entered what I call my "fireman phase":rolly: by that I mean I dated the entire fire department of our town (except the married ones). Even the ones that were 25 years my senior. Yeah. I was basically an alcoholic going to church on Sundays. But one of the firemen caught my eye. He was a good Christian School boy. And he walked the talk! I'd never before met anyone other than Mormon boys who actually seemed to be fun and decent and religious. So I calmed down, we started dating. Got real serious. But I refused to become a confessed christian for him. I couldn't get over the fact that he firmly believed my entire family, although he admitted they were wonderful and righteous people, would go to hell because they were Mormon. I might not have been attending the church of my childhood, but certain things couldn't be shook loose for me. Lots of tears later, we broke up. But I continued attending his church and joined a bible study group for young adults. It was wonderful. The Pastor was totally cool with me being Mormon. Totally fine with me not wanting to confess to the congregation. Was with me on the "faith without works is dead" concept (besides the heaven/hell thing, that was my other hang up-all I had to do was say I believed and I was saved???). Anyhow, life was good. And then these pesky people started showing up at my door. I knew him vaguely from summer home Ricks and attending the student ward. Low and behold I was one of the difficult members of the Ward that got assigned a couple for my HT/VTers! And they are the best thing that ever happened to me. I love them dearly. I came once or twice to the Institute BOM class they were teaching. The Bishop of the ward, who I'd grown up with and was the bishop of my ward when I was baptized at age 8, grabbed me and yanked me into his office. He asked me to play his organ (not the organ...his organ) on Sunday's. I told him he really didn't want me up in front of everyone playing. And he begged to differ. "I'm not asking you to lead the congregation in prayer. I'm just asking you to play the organ for me." so I did. I'd been taught not to turn down a calling. So I took the calling. And continued partying/drinking/smoking until the wee hours on Sunday morning, and then going to church at 9am and playing his organ. For well over a year. He never once pulled me in his office for an interview. Nothing. And then in August 2003 I pulled myself in his office. I'd slowly quit doing everything I shouldn't have been doing. And I asked him why he'd not pulled me in ever. I told him I'd been waiting every Sunday for him to ask to speak to me. And he told me something that was very meaningful to me "Tif, it wouldn't have done you any good to have me want to speak to you. You needed to want to speak to me." And we determined that in 6 months I could be Temple/Mission worthy. And at the end of that 6 months I met John...and yadda yadda yadda...

Oh, and I'm no hitting another point in life of really having a hard time staying active. But hopefully it's shortlived.

Wow, your stories are amazing, I am afraid mine is a little boring...

I was born and raised in the church, very active at church but we didn't do much at home, no FHE, no prayers or scripture study, no father's blessings,etc. There were about 5 boys in our neighborhood and 3 girls that all hung out together, all of us members, and one boy that was not a member, but he played church basketball with all the boys and went to fun activities. So you guessed it, which one did I date and fall in love with? That is right, the non member, so he started coming to early morning seminary with us and started taking the missionary discussions, he was baptised our senior year, we got married had 2 kids right away and then went through the Seattle temple, then had one more baby. The only time we were inactive was when we moved out of our home ward, it was weird to move into a new ward and not know anybody, so for about 6 months we would occasionally go to our home ward or not at all, then after we had our second baby we started going again. We got to know people and had callings, etc. So 14 years later we have been active ever since, I know that if I decided not to go to church then DH would say fine with him and not give it a second thought, so I have to be the strong one and be the example to not only my children but to my DH as well. Which can be very tiring sometimes.

My in-laws supported DH joining the church, but we have never really talked about it since then, they just don't bring it up and we keep religion out of conversations. They actually come for all the kids special events like blessings and baptisms to support the grand kids. So far it has worked out all right.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    Wow, your stories are amazing, I am afraid mine is a little boring...

So 14 years later we have been active ever since, I know that if I decided not to go to church then DH would say fine with him and not give it a second thought, so I have to be the strong one and be the example to not only my children but to my DH as well. Which can be very tiring sometimes.
    Totally NOT borning! It is really hard to be the example all the time and I'm sure it can be a major struggle!

Okay...I'll be the one with the story that's very cliche!

My parents grew up in WA and ID. They met at BYU. My older brother and I were born while my dad was still a student. We moved for a short time to OR and then WA. When I was 4 we moved to UT and have been here ever since. I have 5 siblings that are all active. I never really had any problems with church, but really started gaining my own solid testimony when I started reading the BOM for seminary when I was 14. I attended Rick's (last two years of being Rick's) and loved it...except the tiny town part. I was on the Folk Dance team and toured Europe and Canada. After two years at Ricks, I transferred to BYU in Provo...which I did not like as much. Then I decided to major in something that wasn't offered there, so I transferred to USU. I met my dh there. We have been married 3 years next month. Dh also grew up a member. Two of his sisters are inactive...which is as much experience as I've had with inactive/non-member family.

While I've never been inactive attendance-wise, I think everyone has spiritual ups and downs. All my teenage years I read the BOM religiously. I was, for some reason, always worried that I might become inactive later in life and stuck to counsel that a person who read and prayed would not stray (or something like that!) Well, as college got crazier and busier, I slacked off and I'm still not back to reading scriptures and praying as much as I used to. I miss those times...but apparently not enough to get back in the habit (after several attempts). I still whole-heartedly believe though...so I guess I'm just lazy!

Quote Originally Posted by moosh34 View Post
    Okay...I'll be the one with the story that's very cliche!

My parents grew up in WA and ID. They met at BYU. My older brother and I were born while my dad was still a student. We moved for a short time to OR and then WA. When I was 4 we moved to UT and have been here ever since. I have 5 siblings that are all active. I never really had any problems with church, but really started gaining my own solid testimony when I started reading the BOM for seminary when I was 14. I attended Rick's (last two years of being Rick's) and loved it...except the tiny town part. I was on the Folk Dance team and toured Europe and Canada. After two years at Ricks, I transferred to BYU in Provo...which I did not like as much. Then I decided to major in something that wasn't offered there, so I transferred to USU. I met my dh there. We have been married 3 years next month. Dh also grew up a member. Two of his sisters are inactive...which is as much experience as I've had with inactive/non-member family.

While I've never been inactive attendance-wise, I think everyone has spiritual ups and downs. All my teenage years I read the BOM religiously. I was, for some reason, always worried that I might become inactive later in life and stuck to counsel that a person who read and prayed would not stray (or something like that!) Well, as college got crazier and busier, I slacked off and I'm still not back to reading scriptures and praying as much as I used to. I miss those times...but apparently not enough to get back in the habit (after several attempts). I still whole-heartedly believe though...so I guess I'm just lazy!
    We were at Ricks the same time! I think. I was there Fall 99, Winter 00 and Fall 00. I lived up at Hillcrest.

Where in WA did you live?

Quote Originally Posted by shortysally View Post
    We were at Ricks the same time! I think. I was there Fall 99, Winter 00 and Fall 00. I lived up at Hillcrest.

Where in WA did you live?
    Yep, that's when I was at Ricks. I lived in the dorms. Typical, eh? Wouldn't it be funny if we had a class together or something?

As for WA, we lived in Grandview...really small. I still have family in the Yakima area.

I have family in the Grandview area, too! Wow, small world! My aunt Orba and Uncle Nick Emch live out there. My great-grandma Erma just passed away 2 years ago. We took the Grandview exit, but I think Zillah was their address. They lived on Valley View Ln, a private road off the highway out there! Oh, and my Uncle Nolan and his wife EllaDee (Alcorn) live in Toppenish, or Zillah, or Yakima. I can't remember which.

Quote Originally Posted by shortysally View Post
    I have family in the Grandview area, too! Wow, small world! My aunt Orba and Uncle Nick Emch live out there. My great-grandma Erma just passed away 2 years ago. We took the Grandview exit, but I think Zillah was their address. They lived on Valley View Ln, a private road off the highway out there! Oh, and my Uncle Nolan and his wife EllaDee (Alcorn) live in Toppenish, or Zillah, or Yakima. I can't remember which.
    Maybe my relatives know yours then. I'll have to ask. I have two uncles (with families) that are in the area...one of them keeps moving around though. One of my aunts in the principal at Union Gap. I only lived up there from age 2-4, but I still love visiting...it just has a feeling of home for me. My mom loved it and was not very happy about moving to Utah. She may still be a little bitter.

We are a varied group. I'm still waiting on HollyJo to respond. I'm intrigued by her story....

SO, who went to church today????

We did and can I just gloat for a moment and say that my kids were SO FREAKING AWESOME??? We did not have to leave the chapel ONCE during sacrament meeting! Well, I took Penny out with me once b/c I was having a coughing fit and needed a drink, then she saw one of her baby-BFFs and they had to hang out for a minute but that wasn't b/c she was naughty. It was great!

These Sundays are few & far between so indulge me in a little happy dance please.

:celebrate:<---Those are for you and your kids!

<--those are for me and my family. John went and taught EQ, but that's all. In our defense...we're leaving in less than 2 hours for an 8 day trip...but still...I should have planned better. As of this morning I had nothing packed...nothing. I swear we'll get back on track when we get back...

Happy Dance time!!!
    :celebrate:

I went. I must say I was VERY tempted not to go. I swear this morning I had the devil and angel on each sholder, but I went! And I'm so glad I did. I made sure to get there extra early and went and requested my records to be transferred and then got in the chaple early enough that I actually talked to a few people!! Yahoo! I met one mom who I'd really wanted to meet so I was thrilled about that. She seems super nice and she has a little boy in nursery so next week I'm going to make a point to ask her about how many kids are in there, so then I can start talking myself into going to all 3 hours!

Oh I had to smile at the talks for to day....preparedness

Good for you Al!

And Tif no worries... I think if I were leaving for a big long trip I'd skip too. Just packing our family for a 2 day trip to my mom's takes me a few hours! It's insane how much stuff these little people require.

And somehow.... I always forget to bring underwear for SOMEBODY. Have a great trip! We'll miss you.

Good for you Al!

And Tif no worries... I think if I were leaving for a big long trip I'd skip too. Just packing our family for a 2 day trip to my mom's takes me a few hours! It's insane how much stuff these little people require.

And somehow.... I always forget to bring underwear for SOMEBODY. Have a great trip! We'll miss you.
    ahahaha...lucky the girls aren't wearing panties very often yet! I think I didn't forget anything except the tylenol/motrin for just in case. I think it's the first time I actually remember Scharae's inhaler, spacer and nebulizer! And good thing, too, because John says his asthma is always worse in Missouri!

Al, good job on going and socializing! I still have a hard time doing that and I've been in our ward for just over a year!

Holy jeans Batman, I didn't know this room existed!!!!!!!!!! :gome: Tiff, you should have told me! j/k

Let me introduce myself. i'm Angie, dh is Billy, and our kids Jackie (9) and Kate (3 mos).

Billy and I are both converts to the church. Me over 5 yrs, Billy a little over 2 yrs. We are not sealed (yet) due to this technicality, but he's going to be taking his Temple prep class soon, so hopefully that will be just around the corner!

I'll have to go back and read the posts, I just skimmed them. I'm glad this room was created because we are pretty much the only members in our families. His family is almost ALL inactive, or were never baptised. and mine, I'm the only one. We get excluded alot because they don't understand our beliefs. Although they're not necessarily mean or anything, just not too understanding. They like to do things on Sundays, at restaurants

So it will be nice to talk to other people who will understand our situation. We have some friends in the ward but I don't like to tlak to them about personal stuff. I'm sure they would understand too, but hey, I gues that's just me. LOL