Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: LDS Moms

So quick question. So after not fasting for over a year and a half because of pregnancy and nursing I'm having a really hard time getting back into it.

I started fasting this evening and it is really hard for me (well not yet, but by tomorrow morning it will be awful). I don't know if it is psychological because I've been telling myself I need the food for my baby for so long or what, but I have a really hard time with it. I don't think I have made it anywhere near 24 hours since I stopped nursing a three months ago.

Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just me? I really try, but I feel so sick after a certain point. I don't know if any of this makes sense, but any input would be appreciated.

Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)

Quote Originally Posted by katrina131h View Post
    GOOD LUCK!! I hope you get a BFP soon. Only about five more months and I'll be at that point too! :yeehaw:

lol! We must be on the same schedule! You and I had our first babies days apart and dh and I plan to ttc the next one in five months too.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

I have a really hard time with fasting too. My blood sugar plummets, I can't think straight... it's bad. I go into it with really good intentions but I've learned not to feel bad if I need to eat an apple or a piece of cheese and have a little water to make it through. I don't eat in front of DH because he's a hardcore fast-er ;) and I try to eat things that require no cooking and aren't particularly delicious so I'm doing it just for the nutrition and not for enjoyment.

We had a so-so day today. We just do not like our ward. It's really hard here. It's a student ward for the most part - I'd say 1/3 of the ward is comprised of permanent residents, the other 2/3 are student families - so students are here for 2 to 5 years for grad school. It feels like no one really wants to make good friends with anyone else (or maybe they just don't want to make good friends with US) because everyone moves away. I told DH today that if it weren't for our kids, I'd just stop going to church as long as we live here and start going again when we move. He said he felt the same way. Which isn't good. We have strong testimonies but honestly don't get much spiritual edification out of church any more.

Aww Heather, I was thinking of you today and your ward and hoping you would have a better go at things!! Keep strong
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Man, this thread fell onto page 2. I was FREAKING thinking it was gone!

So right now my kids are pulling out my 'white' laundry and putting my silky underthings onto their heads.

Sheesh.

So we just found out that next Sunday Truman is moving to the 'senior' nursery. We have two. The senior nursery is bigger and I guess a lot of kids have turned 18 months so his 'junior' nursery is getting too crowded. They said he's the only one who sits still for the lessons so he's ready to move up. I only found out b/c his nursery leader is our home teacher. I think someone from the primary presidency should have mentioned, "Oh by the way take him to the new room next week," but they're kind of lax about telling us things before they take effect. Only 5 more months til Penny starts nursery, then we'll have NO kids for 2 hours!!! I'm sure one or both of us will get a nursery or primary calling at that time. ;)

HAHA that picture is too cute!!!

Oh so I have to share with you guys....I learned how to make bread the other day. My grandfather taught me while he was here for a visit. He used to be a baker for Merita a LONG time ago. It was a great bonding experience plus it was YUMMY We made 2 small loaves and some rolls for dinner that night. John really liked it. He and DH ate an entire loaf this morning

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Senior Nursery! Wow! We've got like 4 kids in the nursery total...and two are mine! I figured I'd have a calling in there by now (but I'm oh-so-glad that I don't!) Our ward is pretty good about not having a parent in there, though. The one nursery leader that's been there for like a year and a half just got released because her little one started nursery and was having a hard time handling her mom being there for the other kids, too!

LOL at the silkies picture! My cousin used to sleep with a top of her mom's every night-she was in the Army and deployed and my cousin just needed that feeling of her mama close by!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Maternity Church clothes.....where did you find yours??

I'm not preggo yet, but like to plan ahead and since I wasn't going to church while pregnant with John I have NO dresses or skirts that I can where while pregnant (most are tight on me now, darn baby weight) :rolly:

So far in my searching I haven't really found anything that is modest so I was just curious where you shopped?

Quote Originally Posted by EvandAl View Post
    Maternity Church clothes.....where did you find yours??

I'm not preggo yet, but like to plan ahead and since I wasn't going to church while pregnant with John I have NO dresses or skirts that I can where while pregnant (most are tight on me now, darn baby weight) :rolly:

So far in my searching I haven't really found anything that is modest so I was just curious where you shopped?
    Finding maternity clothing for church was hard for me too. I did find a denim skirt at JC Penny's that was on a really good sale. It ended up being pretty big...even at the end. I had a handful of nice tops, so that was never a problem. Oh, my MIL gave me a jumper. I don't really like them, but I did end up wearing it when I had almost nothing else. I can't think of anything else that I had. Man, how did I do it?

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.

check ebay, I typed in 'long maternity dress' or 'long maternity skirt' when I was searching, that helped narrow it down some and you might be able to find something.

ladybug I must have been reading your mind...I just searched there

I found 1 skirt and 2 dresses in my size. 1 of the dresses is knee-length and I prefer ankle (just more comfortable to me) but I'll take what I can get ;) I didn't bid on them yet, but added them to my watch list.

Man, you ARE thinking ahead.

Walmart has maternity clothes, you can find them on clearance at Target (I got a long black skirt & a sweater set there), KMart even has a maternity section. JCP has maternity and I got a skirt there for 72 cents one time. ;) I also have jumper dresses. Feel like I'm three years old in those things.

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post
    Man, you ARE thinking ahead.
    Yeah can you tell I want to be preggo HAHA, plus I'm worried that if I start showing sooner this time that I won't have anything to wear HAHA.

also I have to get some clothes for John to wear to church, I think we only have 1 pair of nice pants for church

TARGET!!! I loved Target for skirts. And they usually have some ok clothes for little boys for church, too.

So will you guys be watching conference this weekend from home or do you plan to watch it at church?

None of my local channels are showing it so I'm planning to at least catch the first session online while John is napping.

I'm not sure if GA is in the eastern or central time zone? We're in eastern here and it SUCKS. Our kids will be so grumpy at noon when it starts. However, since we are sustaining a new prophet and this rarely happens, we are going out to lunch at 11 and then going to the chapel and staying just long enough for sustainings. Then we'll come home for naps. We'll probably watch it online tomorrow. DH is going to priesthood tonight. Which means I get to put the kids to bed by myself. Happy happy joy joy.

I hate to admit it, but I find conference SO BORING. It's just staring at one person's face for like ten minutes nonstop. Occasionally they put up a picture and a quote but otherwise, it's pretty monotonous. However I LOVE to read the talks in the Ensign the next month. I find that I understand a lot more if I can read it, or go back and re-read certain parts, than just sitting and listening to someone speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by EvandAl View Post
    So will you guys be watching conference this weekend from home or do you plan to watch it at church?

None of my local channels are showing it so I'm planning to at least catch the first session online while John is napping.
    I'm watching on locally broadcast television.

Lumo...no need to wait for the Ensign. If you want to start reading sooner, you can find the talks on the church website in about 7 days.

The BYU combined choir (afternoon session) is really good...
    Last edited by moosh34; 04-05-2008 at 03:51 PM.

We watched the morning session online and then went to my grandma's for the afternoon one (she has BYUTV). I didn't get anything out of it because Scharae's sick and coughing to the point of puking every 10 minutes...and I'm getting to run to the bathroom every 1/2 hour myself. I hate being sick.

John downloads MP3 files of the talks the week afterwards and listens to them on his commute every day. I swear he will have them all memorized by next month! He's a little more...die hard?...than me in that regard.

I missed all but one talk of the morning session because John was refusing to nap, he finally fell asleep right before the 2pm session (4 for us) so I watched the first 2 talks before waking him up. I hoping to catch the morning session today (well part of it) if I can get John down on time.

I hear ya on the die-hards Tif. ;) Last night between the afternoon session & priesthood session, a family we know invited us & 2 other families over for dinner (hot dogs, chips,simple stuff). And it seemed like everyone else there had been hanging on every word of conference and we were so out of it! I have no idea what they all did with their kids during this time so they were able to actually listen. One guy, Heavens to Murgatroyd, if they made "apostle trading cards," he would totally have them. He's like a general authority groupie. I guess there are worse things to be really, really into. But still. Made us feel like slackers.

We did listen to most of the first session today. I fell asleep at the end of Boyd K. Packer's talk I think. I loved the former YW president's talk. Very sweet. I love it when sisters talk at GC and they are so confident in their roles as women and mothers. I wish I were like that, and not always second-guessing myself. I never doubt the NEED and VALUE of mothering in general, just my own shortcomings at it.

Did you listen to the afternoon session? I honestly didn't get much out of any of the sessions. But Pres Monson talked to us mothers, especially SAHMs and it was a pretty good one...reinforced to John my need to get out of the house in the evening when he gets home...even if my girls weren't their little autistic selves!

The kids and I watched this mornings session and then I DVR'd the afternoon session. (DH is out of town) Anyway, I will watch the afternoon session one of these nights this week.

BTW...anyone know why we have so many sessions? Can't we simplify and just do everything in 2 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post

BTW...anyone know why we have so many sessions? Can't we simplify and just do everything in 2 hours?
    The same could be said of Sunday mornings?
    I guess we just like to be hardcore.

I know! But even for extra Sunday meetings we have been asked to simplify, why do we need 8 hours plus a priesthood session? (or is it 6 hours and a priesthood session?) Anyway...I just find it funny.

Hey we're a sticky now.

I thought you might enjoy that.=)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Heidi~ View Post
    I thought you might enjoy that.=)
    Yes, we feel very loved!

Haha! I couldn't find this thread this morning and was worried! I was gone on vacation and thought it had disappeared during that time.

As for conference, got it on the DVR. Need to watch. I too am one that understand more by reading that talks instead of listening. It's just hard for me to focus on what's being said... their voices are so calm, lilting and almost relaxing. It's easy for my mind to wander.

So lets talk about visiting teaching...

Do you do it?

Does your VT come to see you?