Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: LDS Moms

Quote Originally Posted by katrina131h View Post
    We were going to Utah State. I am so sick of the student atmosphere. If all goes as planned we will be moving to Seattle or somewhere in Washington this summer :pray:. But with the job market how it is right now I don't know if it will work out. Who knows, our plans seem to change every couple of months so who knows what will happen when we actually get to that point. I just can't wait to get out of the Utah bubble. It just seems like there are so many people at church that are competing to show their "spirituality". It drives me crazy. They act like their calling is a status symbol or something like that. Drives me crazy
    It was soooooo nice to get out of the Happy Valley. The competition and phoney facades of so many members drove my husband crazy. It's funny, after we graduated from the Y we went to WA too, about 45 minutes from Seattle. I loooooove it up there. The weather, the scenery, all the things to do. It's wonderful. The only thing I missed about Utah was the skiing, but seeing as how I've been pregnant that last 2 out of 3 winters since graduating, not skiing hasn't been that big of an issue. We're in Ohio while my DH goes to school and may stay a while after he's done because the cost of living is SO much cheaper out here, but I hope to make it back to the Pacific Northwest eventually. It's wonderful up there.

We just got the new issue of the Ensign in the mail yesterday. It was so different to see a photo of the First Presidency on the cover and not see Prez. Hinckley there. :crying:

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJo View Post
    We just got the new issue of the Ensign in the mail yesterday. It was so different to see a photo of the First Presidency on the cover and not see Prez. Hinckley there. :crying:
    We got ours too...and I was totally thrown off by Pres Monson being in the middle, and it took me a second to remember who Pres Uchtdorf was!

I've been wondering about the Latter-Day Prophets song...are they going to just keep drawing the same one out? I think it's been around at least since Harold B Lee, or maybe it was Kimball!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I think my primary song book has "Ezra Taft Benson, we honor him, our latter-day prophets show the way..."

So now I guess it'll "Ezra Taft Benson, Howard W. Hunter, Gordon B. Hinckley, Thomas S Monson, we hear and follow their words today?"

Doesn't really "flow" ?

So the first presidency talk... I've definitely heard that violin story before, and the poem too, but not sure if they were in the same talk. DH says he thinks they recycle old talks into the first presidency message sometimes. Which then makes me get worried about their health or something, yk?

Awww....I need to remember to order the Ensign again. I haven't gotten in a while. I usually read it while I'm at my In-laws
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

I really haven't read this thread and I am hijacking it - sorry.

I have had various PMs from fellow LDS with different perspectives. Some stating not to have a separate forum for LDS folks because they did not want to be taken out of the "Christian" group and others stating that they wanted a separate forum because of the significant differences.

Can you all chime in here together and let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Brad

Quote Originally Posted by APA President View Post
    I really haven't read this thread and I am hijacking it - sorry.

I have had various PMs from fellow LDS with different perspectives. Some stating not to have a separate forum for LDS folks because they did not want to be taken out of the "Christian" group and others stating that they wanted a separate forum because of the significant differences.

Can you all chime in here together and let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Brad
    I was just thinking about this subject this afternoon...I was thinking of posting a thread, and then realized I'd probably have to put "LDS" in the title somehow to not have everyone else confused...so that led me to thinking about a separate sub-forum. But then that led me to think NO!

Here's my thoughts. In our little LDS "world" we're constantly sick of not being recognized as Christians. Based on the dictionary definition...we are! But based on the current working definition, which brings into play things like the Nicean (sp?) and other Creeds...we're not. But we are. But we're not. argghh...it's never ending! I have absolutely no problem being in this room! If we could have sub-sub-forum, that'd be cool...but weird. If we're bugging the rest of the Christian-forum peoples, then by all means give us our own room! But if they don't mind seeing threads with acronyms like LDS, HP, EQ, RS, YW, YM, VT, HT...etc etc....then I don't mind posting them in here!

If we keep the strictly LDS discussion in this thread, I don't see how it should bother anyone else, yk?

Personally, I do not want it separated. Then you get into a situation where you start breaking out Catholics (who though they also believe in Christ, have markedly different beliefs than 'mainstream Christians") or Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone else who doesn't fit the mold of protestant Christianity in America.

I think, if you believe in/follow Jesus Christ & his teachings, this is the forum for you. IMO it's not up to others to decide who is and is not a Christian - God sorts it out. ;)

hanvan Guest

just popping in (not an LDS) but I'm not bothered at all about them being together

I think we should stay where we are, unless like Tif said some of the others get sick of seeing threads with LDS in the title or whatever. I like being able to see how other "christians" parent not just "lds".

I personally like having you girls here and don't mind any LDS threads, after all you are Christians too and you belong here just as much as the rest of us. I respect you girls and have learned a lot.

I think it's fine how it is now. Unless LDS threads start overwhelming the Christian forum, sort of like Cloth Diapering did to the AP/NFL forum, I don't think there's any reason for a subforum.

I think it's fine how it is now. Unless LDS threads start overwhelming the Christian forum, sort of like Cloth Diapering did to the AP/NFL forum, I don't think there's any reason for a subforum.

:ita:

Keep it here - you can always pull me in later if things change. Thanks for the discussion

I hope you guys stay! I actually loved hearing Tif talk about Mormon beliefs and it was either her or someone else talking about things they did on Sunday with their family instead of watch t.v. or shop and about supporting businesses that are closed on Sunday. I want to keep hearing about it! IMO, that's stuff all of us could learn from, not just LDS.
    Last edited by taraes1982; 03-28-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: *Cause Tara is an IDIOT!*

"Some women love only what they can hold in their arms; others, only what they can't."

I feel all warm & fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by taraes1982 View Post
    Moron beliefs
    I know this was just a typo... but I'm totally here

hanvan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LuTruPeMo View Post

I feel all warm & fuzzy inside.

I know this was just a typo... but I'm totally here
    :rolly:

Quote Originally Posted by taraes1982 View Post
    I actually loved hearing Tif talk about Moron beliefs
    What were you saying about us Tif?!?

OMGosh!!!!! I am the MORON! I'm SO SORRY! I missed the M!!!

Whew....Glad you caught that cause I TOTALLY did not proofread my stuff....won't happen again!

*Going to FIX the typo*

"Some women love only what they can hold in their arms; others, only what they can't."

*Is still KICKING herself! I'm such a dummy!*

That is just like me, though....I'm always pulling boners in real life! Gosh!

What were you saying about us Tif?!?
    Well, you know...since I was raised Moron and have always been Moron...I totally have license to talk about our more moronical beliefs...hahahaha

(you ladies know I'm totally just kidding...right?)
    Last edited by DucksLikeRain; 03-28-2008 at 09:59 AM.

<---this is what I'm doing right now. I'm such a dummy.

Totally random and not churched related but I had to share with you ladies

AF is visting right now, I know you wanted to know and after this it's open baby season :gome:

So in a few weeks think happy conception thoughts for me!!

hanvan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EvandAl View Post

AF is visting right now, I know you wanted to know and after this it's open baby season :gome:

WHAT??????????????????????????????????? :yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw::yeehaw::y eehaw:YAY!!!

Ooooh good Al. Because I've got baby vibes & dust coming out my ears and nowhere for it to go. I'll box it up and ship it to you right now.

27. Default

Wow, I'm excited, to find other LDS people on here! Honestly, I haven't been on the board in several weeks so I didn't even know there was a forum for religions. Well that and the fact that I typically only visit one or two forums, but now I can add this one to the list.

Anyway, it is exciting nonetheless and I am happy to meet you all! I hear you guys talking about dealing with children in Sacrament and since we're only just pregnant with our first, we haven't really had the chance to experience it yet. Except for the occasional opportunity to help a fellow sister handle her young kids. We have a lot of men doing their medical internships in our ward, so we have some sisters with 3 or 4 kids that are there with no husband sometimes. So that is when I get my opportunity to help. It does seem to be overwhelming and I often wonder how they do it and they even manage to make it on time. Ever since i've been pregnant I'm at least 15-20 minutes late and as I said, the baby's not even here yet!

As for the 1pm time slot...we switch between 1pm and 9am every year, this year is the 9am year and I wish it were the 1pm slot. I do hate that time, but I feel like it would be easier for me to get up and get ready and be there on time especially since I'm always so tired.

Anyway, I'll quit babbling now but it's awesome to have this thread!

Hi there ulove! Glad you found us! As for getting to church on time... I find it easier after having a baby since my son gets up so darn early anyways. No chance to sleep later even if I tried. I remember in first ward after getting married there was a mom whose husband was away for his medical internship. She had 5 boys all within 7 years, they were perfectly behaved, she was always on time and dressed amazing, and she was in the RS presidency. I really, really don't know how she did it. Really.

YAY AL! That's so exciting! I'm looking forward to your BFP post already. I hope it's soon.

I remember in first ward after getting married there was a mom whose husband was away for his medical internship. She had 5 boys all within 7 years, they were perfectly behaved, she was always on time and dressed amazing, and she was in the RS presidency. I really, really don't know how she did it. Really.
    I just really have to wonder how some women do it. That is amazing. I'm such a baby sometimes. I just don't think I could ever do that.

ulovettfox - glad you found us. We still have problems getting to church on time because I swear the only day of the week that Benson sleeps on is on Sunday. He is up at 7 in the morning every morning then on Sunday he sleeps in until 8:30. We don't set an alarm because we expect him to wake up. Church starts at nine so it makes it a rush getting out the door.

Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)

Quote Originally Posted by EvandAl View Post

GOOD LUCK!! I hope you get a BFP soon. Only about five more months and I'll be at that point too! :yeehaw:

Mommy to Benson (5.5) Myer (3.5) and Holland (4 m)