Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1894

Thread: LDS Moms

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    Well we are blessing Hanna this sunday and then we decided to do a family lunch afterwards. We have family coming in this weekend, DH's grandma, mom and brother. Wish me luck!
    Good luck! Hope everything goes smoothly and you have an enjoyable celebration!
    Kyli (26) DH (29) Liam (5/13/09) Evette (10/18/12)

2. Default

Well we are blessing Hanna this sunday and then we decided to do a family lunch afterwards. We have family coming in this weekend, DH's grandma, mom and brother. Wish me luck!
    Good luck!! Enjoy the time with your family, hopefully it's drama free!! And I love that dress Hanna is wearing!

Brandy I cannot believe how big Hannah is getting, she is so adorable!

I am so glad that I have you ladies to come to, you just know more and understand the way I feel and think about most things. My mom is still not doing the best and asked to have my dad released from being Bishop (I dont think I wrote about this before), after many meetings with the stake president he was released and has been taking care of my mom every spare moment since. My mom ended up being hospitalized for the second time, this time it was for a little over a week. They decided to change her meds up completely again and started her on electro-convulsive therapy, she has since finished the first 12 rounds of treatment. She is doing better emotionally, but physically and mentally she is just not functioning well at all. We have had the same conversations, many at least 3 times, and she can barely take care of herself. During treatment she was not to be left alone at all, she had to have someone 16 or older with her at all times for nearly 4 weeks. We ended up spending a lot of time with her and my family during that time. Life has had its other crazy moments that have been keeping me busy. We have been more active in church and it has been helping me a lot with struggles I have been having. I hope you ladies are doing well, and I hope to be around more for the summer.
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

Thanks Ashley! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I wish that things were going better. Lots of hugs thoughts and prayers are going your way!

We had the blessing and dinner and I'm so glad that its done and over with! Here is a picture of her in her blessing dress. My grandma made this dress for me nearly 27 years ago and we were lucky enough for it to fit Hanna also Geez sorry they are so big but I'm to lazy to resize them.
    Front

Back

Brandy, that blessing dress is gorgeous! I wanted to have Kenzie wear the dress that me and all my sisters wore, but it disappeared. I was so sad about it, but look forward to blessing all my future girls in it.

Question for you ladies, how do you motivate yourself to study the scriptures? I read a chapter or at least a few verses on my phone most days, but I dont feel like I am getting anything from it, I really want to sit down and study, but I never seem to be able to find the time.
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

Brandy, she is so cute! I love all that hair! And the dress is so pretty!

I'm sorry things are still rough with your mom, Ashley. Lots of hugs. I hope that her treatment will help her continue to get better. About scripture study - I am no help. I'm so bad at being motivated to read too, and a lot of times I feel like I don't get much out of it either. So I will be seeing if anyone else has suggestions too.
    Kyli (26) DH (29) Liam (5/13/09) Evette (10/18/12)

Thanks ladies! I was so glad that my blessing dress fit Hanna and was able to come clean from the yellowing. My mom once offered me her blessing dress and I think if she does again I'm going to take her up on her offer and use it for any future girls.
    Ashley, McKenzie is getting so big! I will say though that she should be wearing blue and white with a big Y on the front instead of a U haha. Oh and I have no idea on the motivation for scripture reading, I'm horrible at it and need to be better!

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been scarce in here. I've been sick and when I'm not sick I've been busy and just sort of popping on and off here and there.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with a certain situation, any advice I could pass along, conference talks or other stuff from the General Authorities, etc.

My mom just called me in tears. One of my brothers sent her an email this morning-let me add that this is not a blood brother. He was an exchange student who became extremely close with our family. He still, 10 years later, calls my parents mom and dad and comes and visits at least once a year, my parents see him in Belgium a few times a year when they're over there-basically they see him as much or more as they see my two brothers who live in Idaho. So while he's not biologically theirs, they have considered him as one of the family. (those of you who have me on facebook, I posted a link to a blogpost last night that just happened to be about JP. He had been on my mind, which led my mom to believe he had called or emailed me before her, which he hadn't).

So, JP emailed her from Belgium. Part of the email was news about his sister's pregnancy-she is due in August but found out on Friday that the baby has a severe chromosome defect which has caused there to be almost no heart, no chance of treatment or life. So today they are taking the baby because I guess it can also cause maternal distress as the baby grows to term. So that part of the email was sad and hard enough. Then he went on to say he had wanted to call but didn't know how to call and put into words his next topic. As long as we have known him he has only had one girlfriend. I lived over there with him and he had all kinds of girl-friends but not one that he ever dated or anything. So his email isn't too much of a surprise to me, and really it's not to my mom either, but very disappointing. He has found someone to love and who loves him back, he's very happy. It's a boyfriend. I could tell how hard the email was for him to write to my parents. He thinks more of them than he does of his own father. And he ended it with hoping that this wouldn't mean the end of a relationship with them. My mom is devestated. She says it all but feels as if one of the sons she birthed and raised has sent her this news. She's not too surprised, and she's not angry even a little bit. But she of course is thinking of the eternal ramifications. I tried telling her that just because a 19 year old boy who was half a world away from home took missionary discussions and helped me teach Primary and seemed to eat up the Gospel doesn't mean he had a true understanding. I know he didn't. I lived with him in HIS world-Belgium is worlds away and worlds different from our little corner of the Pacific Northwest. The boy I met and knew was completely different than the man I lived with in HIS country. But she is just really struggling on what to say and how to say it. I truly feel like she just needs to respond telling him how much it means to her and Dad that he would share this part of his life with them. He is very private and keeps different parts of his life in compartments. I told her that it speaks volumes of how he views their relationship to even share this news with her. And I know she knows that, she's just heartbroken. I truly feel like it's not her or my dad's place to say ANYTHING regarding the choice. To be nothing but happy for him, as long as he's happy. But I'm a bit more liberal on this front than many people in the church, and I know that. He was supposed to come over this summer, we've been planning it for at least eight months. I asked her if she's still ok with that and she thinks she is...as long as he doesn't want to bring his boyfriend. I assured her that I'm sure it wouldn't even cross his mind at this point-he's got to know how difficult this is on her.

Anyhow, does anyone have any experience with this? Any articles I could send her about acceptance of the person and their choices without that meaning that you feel they're right? TIA

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

9. Default

Tia,

I read your post shortly after you posted it with the intent of looking up some articles to see what I could find, and then I stepped away from the computer and completely forgot about it, so sorry. Were you able to find any articles to help your mom and was she able to respond to him? I also find that I'm a bit more liberal than most LDS on this front but I think I would struggle to accept it if my child (or someone similarly close to me) were to give me similar news. But in the end the love for that person outweighs any choice they make and I would never stop loving my child regardless of who they choose to commit themself to.

I hope your mom has found the comfort she needs to move forward with her relationship with JP. Sorry I wasn't of more help

So on wed we are going to the Brigham City Temple open house. I am super excited to see it. It will be our temple now instead of Logan. Of couse I will be partial to Logans because thats where I was married. We are leaving Preston home with my SIL. I dont think he would do well but we are taking Hanna. Cant wait!

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

What fun! I've never been to a temple open house before!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    What fun! I've never been to a temple open house before!
    They are pretty awesome to be able to do! I have done several, Bountiful when I was a little girl, Twin Falls, Oquirrh Mountain, Brigham wed and then we will do Ogden when its ready.

I love temple open houses! I am sad cause we probably wont make it to the Brigham City one, but I plan on doing a session some time soon. My grandparents were just called as temple workers there, they are excited. My sister received her mission call earlier this month and she is going to Atlanta, Georgia! She is excited to go, but its going to be weird when she leaves though. I hope you ladies are all doing well!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashers View Post
    I love temple open houses! I am sad cause we probably wont make it to the Brigham City one, but I plan on doing a session some time soon. My grandparents were just called as temple workers there, they are excited. My sister received her mission call earlier this month and she is going to Atlanta, Georgia! She is excited to go, but its going to be weird when she leaves though. I hope you ladies are all doing well!!
    That's where I am I am about 30 miles south of Atlanta!

We went to the Atlanta Open house and it was great.
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Ashley I didnt know you had family up this way. Thats awesome that your grandparents are going to be temple workers there. Its such a beautiful temple! The flower theme in it is peach blossoms. So pretty!! They have been so busy, my parents cleaned it about a week ago and they did not get home until nearly 1am. My mom said it was the most amazing experience ever! They got a little private tour after they were done. Congrats to your sister on her mission call.

Quote Originally Posted by EvandAl View Post
    That's where I am I am about 30 miles south of Atlanta!

We went to the Atlanta Open house and it was great.
    Looking at her mission map she will be mostly in the north/east of the state, but it also stated that it could change depending on the needs of the area.

Ashley I didnt know you had family up this way. Thats awesome that your grandparents are going to be temple workers there. Its such a beautiful temple! The flower theme in it is peach blossoms. So pretty!! They have been so busy, my parents cleaned it about a week ago and they did not get home until nearly 1am. My mom said it was the most amazing experience ever! They got a little private tour after they were done. Congrats to your sister on her mission call.
    I have an aunt and uncle that live in Elwood, my aunt got ill so my grandparents came home from their mission early to care for her. My grandparents now live with them there.

I am happy to share that both my husband and I were both able to renew our temple recommends this last week, we kept putting it off and finally just sat down and talked with our Bishop. We had no reason we shouldn't have them, besides not feeling quite active enough, but our Bishop told us that he feels it was the right thing for us and that being "active" means much more than just going to the 3 hour block of church (there are times we only make it through sacrament meeting because of Kenzie).

I hope you all are doing well!!

Looking at her mission map she will be mostly in the north/east of the state, but it also stated that it could change depending on the needs of the area.

I have an aunt and uncle that live in Elwood, my aunt got ill so my grandparents came home from their mission early to care for her. My grandparents now live with them there.

I am happy to share that both my husband and I were both able to renew our temple recommends this last week, we kept putting it off and finally just sat down and talked with our Bishop. We had no reason we shouldn't have them, besides not feeling quite active enough, but our Bishop told us that he feels it was the right thing for us and that being "active" means much more than just going to the 3 hour block of church (there are times we only make it through sacrament meeting because of Kenzie).

I hope you all are doing well!!
    Really Elwood? I wonder if I know them?! I'm in Tremonton and have family in Elwood.

Good for you on renewing your reccomend. Ours expired in June. We pay our tithing but have not been real active. I cant tell you the last time we made it to all 3 hours. DH works every other sunday and it frightens me to take 2 children alone.

Yay for renewing your recommends! I need to do mine and just need to get in there and do it
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Just wondering how all you ladies are doing! Hope all is well with you and that you all had a good holiday!

I'm good here!!! Not a frequent poster, but I'm pregnant again so I've been on APA more often and keep checking to see if this thread is still alive. We are finally having our girl!! So excited!!!

How are you?
    Me- Brandy (34) DH- Eric (36), DS- Danny (16), DS- Dylan (13), DS- Landon (3)
    10/2001 4 weeks, 9/2008 5 weeks, 3/2012 10 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandles View Post
    I'm good here!!! Not a frequent poster, but I'm pregnant again so I've been on APA more often and keep checking to see if this thread is still alive. We are finally having our girl!! So excited!!!

How are you?
    Congrats on the girl! Thats so exciting! We are doing well here. DS just turned 4 and DD just turned 1. We bought a house the end of Nov. and have been trying to settle in and get things unpacked and the house painted.

Wow, she's 1 already? Congrats in the house... That's awesome!!! We bought a new house 1.5 years ago and we're still not 100% all unpacked.

Quick question: any suggestion as to where I should start looking for baby girls blessing dress?

Ok, btw Brandi... I LOVE your daughters blessing dress! So adorable!!!

Ok, btw Brandi... I LOVE your daughters blessing dress! So adorable!!!
    Thanks! It was the dress I was blessed in. My grandma made it for me. I got Prestons blessing outfit from the distribution center so you could always check there for blessing dresses or www.dressedinwhite.com. They have cute stuff!

Thanks! That's actually where I got ds3's from. How special to bless your baby girl in the same dress you were blessed in. I'm actually bringing her home in the same outfit I came home from the hospital in.

Thanks! That's actually where I got ds3's from. How special to bless your baby girl in the same dress you were blessed in. I'm actually bringing her home in the same outfit I came home from the hospital in.
    Awww thats fun! I'm so sentimental like that. Like with DS I have a picture of him in one of my dads outfits. My dad was adopted at about 4 months and so they have very little from his early baby years and its the outfit my grandparents first seen him in. I have a picture of myself in the same outfit. I havent done Hanna yet but I'm sure it would fit her, she's a tiny little thing. I wanted to bless Preston in his dads outfit but my MIL threw it away because she said it was yellowed.

Where is everyone?

Hello Ladies!! I haven't been on here forever, life has gotten busy and I just hadn't even had the chance to do much of anything. I am really needing your help if anyone reads this. My grandmother passed away on Jan 31st of this year after a short battle with a lung infection that just got worse and worse. I was there with the majority of my family when we took her off of life support and said our goodbyes. My grandpa has kept himself busy and has kept up on his work in the temple. He has also been enjoying traveling and visiting all of his children. They were married for 50 years, 6 kids, 17 grandkids and now 3 great-grandkids. I found out last week that grandpa has been on a few dates with a lady he met in the temple and they sat down and decided that they wanted to get married, I was told last Thursday.

I had been rocking Kenzie (been dealing with some night terrors) and had the overwhelming thought that my grandpa was going to get married. It was like my grandma was there telling me so I wasn't shocked. I figured he would re-marry someday, he is younger, good looking and a very strong priesthood holder. However I was floored to hear this news just two days later. Then tonight I get a text from my dad that they will be sealed on October 29th, in 19 freaking days!! I have met this lady once, and she could have been my grandma's sister. I first saw her from behind and almost thought it was my grandma reincarnate. I know that this is right for them and I hope that they are happy. There is a lot of uproar within the family since they will be sealed together, she has been divorced for 30 years and has never been sealed. I had been doing ok, but with the wedding date so close I am starting to freak out. Have any of you been through this? Anyone know more about second sealing for a man, I think that's the biggest problem a lot of the family is having.

Thanks for reading all of that if you did and for allowing me to just jump back into this forum after being gone for so long. I hope to be around here more often now, especially as we begin to try for number 2...oh wait that was supposed to be a secret

First off welcome back!
    2nd I seriously have no idea on the sealing for a 2nd time. I just have trust in the Lord that everything will be worked out when the time comes. I'm sure I would have a hard time with knowing my grandpa was getting remarried. My grandma currently has pancreatic cancer and probably wont be around much longer. They have been married for 49 years, not active in the church but I just cant see my grandpa getting remarried. It would be way weird lol.

Yay for trying for baby #2!!

Thanks for answering back Brandi! I am feeling a lot better about it this week. Prayed a lot about it and have been talking with my hubby and dad. I know its hard for us to understand in this life, but there is a purpose for the here after. My grandma's death was kind of unexpected in the sense she went from being just a little sick, to an induced coma, to we took her off of life support. Pancreatic cancer would be hard, I am sorry your grandma is facing this hardship.