Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1894

Thread: LDS Moms

I believe it will be done fall 2012. I'm excited for it as well! You should totally come to the open house when its done!

Wow that seems so far away, but then you know those dates will sneak up on us in no time! We were able to go to the Oquirrh Mountain open house and that was just amazing!

Well we were able to visit with one sister tonight so that is at least a start! The other 2 never returned our calls. We all live in the same apartment complex and our telephone service is included in our monthly rent, so a lot of sisters use those numbers for church records, yet many never bother to go and buy a phone or set up their voice mail so one sister may never know that we called! The other sister just never returned our calls, I guess we at least tried.

So who is excited for conference? I am still trying to psych myself up for it, I dont know why but I am having a hard time getting into the thought of it. I am hoping that I will really be able to enjoy it, I am thankful that we have the ability to watch it live. I wish we could all be like my cousin who watches at least one session of past conferences a day, he is 20 years old and has cerebral palsy but he sure loves conference and is such a great example to me!
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

I am excited we are going to the Atlanta Temple Open house in a few weeks! It was being renovated. I haven't been inside a Temple in like 9 years, I can't wait! Plus DH is going and my In-laws are coming up. Oh and we are taking the boys, I am so excited for John to see it
    Last edited by EvandAl; 04-01-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Ashley I think it seems like it will be done fast haha. We also went to the Oquirrh Mountain open house. We took my cousins who are inactive and when we were married 4 years ago they didnt understand how come they couldnt see us get married. It was great for them to experience that! So glad you got some VTing done!

Al that is great! I hope you guys enjoy it! So glad that your taking your boys!

I totally want to go to the Atlanta open house! I wish it was a little later. DH has school until May 6 and we're leaving on the 8th for our vacation. Oh well. I will have to wait for Indy. I hope you guys have a great time. Mostly I just want to take my kids in the temple and I can't wait until they're all 12!

We listened to the first session of conference on TV at home this morning. DH tried to watch the 2nd session but kept falling asleep; I just gave up entirely. I know myself, I'd fall asleep.

I watched President Monson address us and tell us about the 3 new temples. Then I had a toddler freaking out so I gave up. Although it is DVR'd so DH and I can watch it after Preston is in bed. Or when he has a day off. Which means probably wont be until next weekend. He informed me through e-mail that he voluntered to work wednesday and tuesday we are going to the zoo with his sister that is in town. So yeah wont be for a while.

I was excited to hear that Meridian Idaho is getting a temple. That will be make 3 in a super close area. Boise and Twin Falls is already there. When I was pregnant I went to the Twin Falls open house. I missed the Draper one though Preston had RSV and was only a few months old.

Well I kind of watched both sessions, they were on but I have been trying to write a paper all day. So I will definitely need to read the talks again when next months ensign comes out. Its crazy to think of all the temples that have been announced in the past few months, I love that they are popping up all around the world more and more. We are trying to figure out where we are watching tomorrows sessions, our families are fighting over us, them only living a block apart makes things even harder. We just found out that my SIL is up here from Vegas with her kids and will be at the IL's for both sessions and we would really like to spend time with them. So I guess we will see were we end up :o)
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

Could you do a session at each house?
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Well we ended up getting nearly six inches of snow in south salt lake so even though we finally planned to watch the morning session with my parents, we got there about half way through! It was crazy just trying to make it to the freeway, then once we passed downtown the sun came out and it was beautiful, Utah weather you gotta love it. We visited my parents a little while and then went to my ILs, but I am glad we left when we did because my stupid BIL decided to show up at my parents and I am afraid that if we had stayed I would have strangled him for all the stupid things he does to my sister and what he puts her through! I did enjoy the talks though, so many about welfare and being prepared financially for ourselves. This is our big goal for the year as well as to pay all our tithing and as much in fast offerings as we can. Happy Sunday all!

The snow was crazy right? We went from SLC to Heber Valley and back and it wasn't too bad. Just crazy spring weather. Aren't ya'll glad that we're married and didn't have to worry about the FOUR times they told single young adults to give marriage top priority? Yeah, bet my four younger siblings love that. They range in age from 22-28 and are all single right now. I need to re-listen or read the talk on parenting...it was sounding so good and then ds had a potty problem and both dh and I ended up missing most of it. Ironic. However, I did catch the part about how having a needy child is like taking parenting 505 instead of 101.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Do any of you ladies have any knowledge about adoption through LDS Services? Things like timeline for match, if babies are easier to come by compared to other adoption avenues, cost and how you even get started? Like would our Bishop be who we go to or is it not handled through the wards? I was going to post in the adoption room but I don't know that any of those ladies are members?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Tif I honestly have no idea. I'm not sure any of the ladies are LDS there but I have no idea for sure. You could still always ask! Here is a site I found. Maybe this can help if you havent already found it. https://www.itsaboutlove.org/ial/ct/...ting-families/

How are you doing Tif? We are all still thinking of you and praying for your sweet family.

I don't really know Tiff. The closest I could come by would be an aunt and uncle who adopted 4 kids (1 set of twins) that way, but that's 20+ years ago. I don't know how it would compare to now. I'd love to help if I can.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Thanks for the website, Brandi! I hadn't even gotten far enough to look it up. It was a lot of help-even sort of outlined what to expect for $$ which I didn't realized was subsidized by the church!

You have to have a documented infertility assessment...I don't even know what that means or how that would apply to us? I mean, we are anything but infertile in the typical sense...

John's not quite ready to start the process. Me, I'm all gung ho for it immediately. If we canceled our trip to CA in June we'd have the money for it in the bank already. But I think he wants to get a second vehicle-van-and stuff like that before we even start the process, just in case we happened to have a fast moving match or something. But I'm actually kind of excited about it! Guess I'll need to start with asking about that infertility assessment since it's one of the qualifiers...

As far as how I'm doing...ok. Not great, not bad. I'm having a hard time with the blessing my dad ended up giving me the night before he was born. It was so positive. I was so so sure that come Friday morning things would have backed off with my white blood cells and then when I woke up feeling so super good I was just sure, between that and the blessing. So when it was the opposite it just left me floundering. And sitting on this end I'm left feeling like I didn't have enough faith for the blessing to come to pass, or something.

Yeah I seen that from the site. After I posted it here I searched more information on it as well. I'm not sure how you would go about doing the infertility assessment either. I was looking at the costs and they are MUCH lower then anywhere else.

I could see how you would be having a hard time with the blessing your dad gave you. You had plenty of faith, God just had other plans. I know its going to be hard for a long time and you will always think about it. No one should have to go through what you've been through and you've been through it 3 times not just once. I'm not sure if you want to hear this, but you have 3 precious babies in heaven that had already proved themselves. Look at all the fun you'll get when you get to raise them . How's John doing? You said he wasnt doing to well earlier. How are the girls doing?

Hey Tif I forgot to mention, will you PM me your address?

So with all the coupon craze going on in Random has made me really think that I need to get my year worth of food. With everything I have, we could probably get 3 months or so out of it. I have a lot of bottled peaches and jam though so I guess we could live off those haha. So my question is, who all has a year supply of food? Are you good about rotating them? Walmart here sells a lot of food storage, I have no room for it though. I think we need a bigger place haha. I mean we moved to a bigger place in Jan and I feel like we are already out growing it and there are only 3 of us. Our neighbors have 3 kids in a 2 bedroom I have no idea how they are doing it.

I think John's doing better. He won't really talk about his feelings, other than being 100% positive that we are not having any more biological children. My best friend and his wife offered her up as a surrogate and that offer is actually what tipped me in favor of adopting rather than holding onto trying again. I figure if I'm not going to be the one pregnant it doesn't matter to me if it's biological or not. John can't really understand why the pregnancy part would matter, but I just keep telling him he's a guy so he'll never understand it. I realized a guy I grew up with and his wife are working on adoption #2 through LDSFS so I emailed him to see if he or his wife had any clue on the infertility assessment-if it's a specific form or just a letter from a doctor? I know my doctor would support us to adopt in whatever way she could as far as writing a letter with the words infertility somehow used. She told me she won't tell me that I shouldn't have more children. And she has a tentative plan, should we want to, but it's only a guess and a very radical one at that, and so she was happy when I told her that John said absolutely not.

As for food storage...we have quite a bit but I've never set out to quantify it in terms of how long we could go. I know we have enough in the form of boxed "1-month kits" from the cannery for the 4 of us for 3 months, plus I've got a ton of rice and wheat, my mill to make flour out of it, oats, noodles, powdered milk, shortening, salt, plus 45 quarts of canned tomatoes, 50 quarts combined of canned peaches, nectarines, apricots and pears, 8-10 gallons of apple juice, another 4-5 of grape juice, 8 gallons of canned applesauce...and the 15 boxes of cereal John has squirreled away and whatever I keep on a daily stock in the pantry.
    Last edited by DucksLikeRain; 04-09-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Tif: I have several friends who have been able to adopt through LDSFS, I know that they all had to meet with their doctors and their bishop to get things rolling. I dont know much about the infertility statement though. Once each couple finished all the paper work and all the red tape things, being chosen and placement happened within a few months for most of them. I am sorry about all the thought and feelings you are facing since the blessing and what not, but remember the blessing was given for a reason, it might not take place here in our earthly life but in heaven. I hope that you and John can continue to heal, you are the perfect couple to be able to support each other so well!

About food storage, we have a couple of months worth of the boxed supplies from the distribution center that my grandparents gave us for Christmas one year. We had a great supply but ended up using most of it when DH lost his job, I guess thats why we had it, but its been hard to build it back up. We live in a small 2 bed apartment right now on the 3rd floor, when we move and have some space for storage racks we will probably work on building up a bigger supply. We also each have a general 72 hour supply in each of our cars for emergencies, but most of the food in them needs to be replaced...whoops :O)

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Do any of you ladies have any knowledge about adoption through LDS Services? Things like timeline for match, if babies are easier to come by compared to other adoption avenues, cost and how you even get started? Like would our Bishop be who we go to or is it not handled through the wards? I was going to post in the adoption room but I don't know that any of those ladies are members?
    We know three families who have used LDSFS. One of them it took about a year and the others it took a bit less. You do go through the bishop because it's one of those things where you get a 'recommend' though IDK if it's an actual paper like with temple recommends or patriarchal blessing recommends. I think each stake also has their own LDSFS person. We have one in our ward so there's at least one in each stake. She goes and meets with people who bishops and branch presidents refer to her - both adoptive parents and unwed mothers. Then there are some people who are paid to coordinate it all. My friend Michelle's mom has this job. She gets irritated because bishops always want to meet with her on Sundays because that's their day to do that stuff, but don't think about it means she has to WORK on the Sabbath. I digress....

I think it's really cool you guys are checking into that. I wish we could do it as well. They will not consider you if you are surgically sterile unless there was a health reason for it, and they won't let you have more than 3 kids anyway (I heard this was a fairly new restriction, so maybe the wait times are longer now too).

You have to have a documented infertility assessment...I don't even know what that means or how that would apply to us? I mean, we are anything but infertile in the typical sense...
    My friend Eva (I could put you in touch with her if you want) had a daughter the same year I had Lucy, they were in primary together. Then she got pregnant but had a very early birth/very late miscarriage, however you want to put it. Basically I think like what has happened to you. The baby came far too early to survive. And so they adopted through LDSFS. They were not infertile, but she was told it would not be safe for her to have another baby, that it would not be safe for the baby and probably not for her either. So they adopted this adorable little black baby (they are extremely white and blonde ) when their oldest was about five years old. So, I don't think it has to be infertile as in you can't get pregnant, but that you can't/shouldn't have biological children.

Did you all know that the prices at the cannery went up a ton this week? I just read about it on CafeMom. Like 11-49% depending on the item. I'm bummed because our ward was supposed to have a cannery trip last month but for some reason it got cancelled, so now we're stuck with the higher price! Eeek.

We have a fair amount of long term storage but not a year's supply for sure. We have like a dozen cans of wheat (which is stupid because A. I hate wheat, and B. we do not own a grinder), a bunch of oats and dry beans and a few cans of cocoa mix, fruit drink, and apple slices. I am totally lacking sugar somehow. I guess I used it up at some point. With the addition of some sugar, salt, oil, and baking soda/powder I guess we could technically stay alive 4-5 months on what we have stored. I don't have any water stored.

My short term storage is really dreadful though. I only have like a week's worth stored of everyday stuff.

We do have stocked 72 hour kits though! So I guess we have like 10 days' worth... LOL

Okay so dont laugh at me lol. My husband and I are watching a show on TLC called Strange Sex and this couple used to be LDS. They are saying that they were told that sex was only for procreation and that was what the church taught them. Gah I can not believe this. Sorry just needed to have a little rant...

Wait, you mean you didn't know that, Brandi? And you can only have it missionary style. The apostles say so.

Wait, you mean you didn't know that, Brandi? And you can only have it missionary style. The apostles say so.
    I seriously just LOL'd at this. It seriously was interesting, they showed footage of the Salt Lake temple and said that they were raised as "strict mormons" and that sex was only for procreation and not for pleasure so they were having a hard time changing that. I mean come on they were married for 15 years, I sure hope their parents didnt teach them that. Of course its not the first time I've heard people say that when they get married it was hard because they were always told "no". I guess I was raised so differently. I was raised in a home that was told that you should wait until being married but we were also raised where if we had questions about sex we are able to ask our parents without feeling embarrassed. I'm the oldest out of 3, and both of my brothers were never in trouble or however you want to say it with my parents. Not like disowned or anything. WOW that became long...

I was so schooled in sex by the time we got married it's embarrassing. I went on this adrenaline rush thing where I knew what I was doing was exactly what I was not supposed to be doing and I got off on the rush. And so my personal hardship with regards to sex in marriage has been how to find that rush that I have in the past attached to intercourse.

But I'm pretty sure the church mostly stays out of our bedrooms...at least from everything I've been taught

I was so schooled in sex by the time we got married it's embarrassing. I went on this adrenaline rush thing where I knew what I was doing was exactly what I was not supposed to be doing and I got off on the rush. And so my personal hardship with regards to sex in marriage has been how to find that rush that I have in the past attached to intercourse.

But I'm pretty sure the church mostly stays out of our bedrooms...at least from everything I've been taught
    Thank goodness they stay out of our bedroom! I guess if they didnt then we could just use the excuse that we are TTC.

When David and I were engaged we had sex. We were kind of horny idiots back then. So getting to the temple was tough (obviously) but we made it by meeting with our bishop every week and also with the stake president once in awhile too. The stake president said, "Before you get married, the church tells you to stay out of the bedroom. After you are married, the church stays out of the bedroom." I always liked that.

I think Mormons have more sex than other people, personally (not all but in general). I mean waht else are we going to do with our time if we're not drinking, having affairs, watching porn or rated R movies?

I paid the deposit for a vasectomy reversal.

The place has a weird online system for making an appointment, but only schedules them 3 months out at a time. Right now he's full for the next 3 months but on babycenter some moms say to stalk it several times a day because people cancel all the time, or get on at 10pm when it refreshes for the day and take the next day that pops up (so like July 10 is as far as it goes right now but at 10pm it'll ad July 11 to the schedule) and get an appt for that day. IDEALLY we could go in late May as we'll be passing through that state (OK) on our way back from CA but anytime in summer is ok with D's work schedule the way it is.

I'm pretty dang excited.

I'm so happy that he's on board with that now, Heather!

Oh my...sex and everything surrounding it was always an open topic growing up in my house! My parents were not ashamed to tell us things when we had questions, my dad has always been a very 'hands on' guy with my mom, and he is now a Bishop. Whenever I am pissy at my parents house my dad always tells Kyle to take me home and have some good sex to cheer me up! He used to tell us to get busy making him some grandchildren, and since we announced our pregnancy he tells us to keep practicing, just so we dont forget how. He cracks me up. My IL's arent too shy about their sex life either, we have shared a hotel room with them many times and they always 'sneak' into the shower together thinking we dont know whats going on. So if as LDS individuals we should not have sex, unless we are procreating, my entire family is in some deep trouble! :o)