Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1894

Thread: LDS Moms

Tif I understand. I love blessings but at the same time I'm always nervous about what is going to be said. I finally got a hold of the Logan temple and your guys names on that prayer roll as well. Their phone line was busy for what seemed like forever.

Ashley I didnt realize that they closed that soon. I wont be making it either then. Oh and I totally understand about not having a current recommend. We went an entire year without it. I'm horrible about doing sessions though. Its so much harder to get the time when your have children. My aunt once told me about a talk or something she read. She knew and understood that it was just hard for me to get away from my little boy. She told me about how right now my calling is to raise my children and that the temple will always be there. It made me not feel so bad. I should try and find that talk.

I'm sure you ladies may have seen this. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...72L2W120110322

Just wanted to let you know..I really honestly can't stand these guys. But Broadway! Shame on them for actually letting them put this on. I've been even more disappointed with Broadways choice of performances as of late. Big Thumbs down imo...

Brenda

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Quote Originally Posted by pants View Post
    I'm sure you ladies may have seen this. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...72L2W120110322

Just wanted to let you know..I really honestly can't stand these guys. But Broadway! Shame on them for actually letting them put this on. I've been even more disappointed with Broadways choice of performances as of late. Big Thumbs down imo...
    I hadn't heard about this, which isn't surprising. The Church seems to be good, as far as the leadership in public, at not letting this kind of stuff ruffle feathers. I think it's sick and stupid, but I think South Park is also and have never seen the humor or draw to it. This musical will flop because they're not going to get a reaction from the general Mormon community. I'm sure some individuals will make a big deal, but not the church as a whole.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I hadnt seen that either. But I have to agree with Tif. I dont agree with what they are doing but they arent the first to bash our church and I'm sure they will not be the last. I could add more but I wont....

Brandi I go through times when getting through a session is very difficult and then there are times that I just want to do them all day. If you find that article I would love to read it, I am sure that once baby is here I will struggle more to get there.

I hadnt seen that article either. I happened to be reading through it while on the phone with DH, I guess he saw it the other day and found it interesting, but it wont make us pause and re-think what we believe and we probably wont even talk about it again. Like the other ladies have said it will not be the last time our religion is discussed in such manners or shown in such light.
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

South Park is so idiotic. It appeals to the lowest of intelligence, IMO (sorry if any of you love it ). I can't imagine that non-Mormons are going to be interested in this in the slightest. I mean, I personally would have zero interest in watching a play that makes fun of Jehovah's Witnesses or Muslims or anyone else.

Yeah. As a non-mormon I wouldn't see this and I don't find it funny at all!!!! To poke at someone's belief. And the way they do it just disgusts me. People do not have any respect at all anymore.

Brenda

Tif could really use all of our continued thoughts and prayers! I know some have had her name put on prayer rolls, anything else we could do?
    Ashley(26)Kyle(28)McKenzie Paige Born June 16th, 6 lbs 6 oz, 20.75 inches and 5 weeks early

Thanks, Ashley. My dad was in a meeting up here where the hospital is so he met us here and he and John gave me a blessing. Finally. He had asked me yesterday when I was ever going to get one so I shared my fears with him. He wanted to fast for a day before doing it so he was going to come over tomorrow evening. I dont know if me sharing my thoughts and fears about it made a difference in what he said. It shouldn't have been able too, right? He didn't come right out and say that things will be fine but he did talk about my body shaking this off and it working well enough to keep the baby where he needs to be. And that I'd have the strength and wisdom to go to bat against the doctors if that's what it comes too.

I sort of wish he had been able to stay long enough to go to bat for me. He is good at pressing his point under stress whereas I cry the second I get mad or frustrated! But he needed to get home to help my mom with my girls.

Thinking and praying for you all the time Tif!
    Me = Alison, DH = Evan, DS #1 = John 09/05/06, DS #2 = Alan 07/21/09

http://majorosfamily.blogspot.com/

Tif I am so glad you have such a wonderful family, your dad sounds like such a great family patriarch and took the time to ponder on the blessing. IMO you sharing your thoughts and fears would have no affect on what he said, when lead by the priesthood, men are able to step away from what they and others want and lay everything in the Lords hands. When my mom found a lump in her breast my dad gave her a blessing, he knew that she was scared and didnt want it to be cancer and he didnt want to lose her, in the blessing he didnt ask for healing but for strength to survive what she will face in the coming months. I am glad that you received one and hope that hope you can find comfort in the words and the feelings that they bring with them.

I am exactly like you, when I get sad or mad I cry, I just break down, but I know you will be strong for you and for your child, thats just how mommas are. :o) Lots of hugs and continued prayer.

Tif I'm seriously in tears reading all this. I'm praying so hard that your little guy will bake longer. I pray that you can keep fighting the doctors for as long as you can! I've put your names on a couple prayer rolls and I've told my sister in law whats going on and she's going to put your name on the Sacramento prayer roll in the morning. Lots of love and prayers and good thoughts are going your way.

Oh and no your dad knowing your fears should not change the way the blessing was. The power of the preisthood is just flat out amazing. What your dad said was what the Lord wanted to be said.

Double post
    Last edited by BrandiB; 03-24-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Tif still needs lots of prayers ladies. I just read they were going to take out her cerlage and go fromt here.
    Tif we love you and are praying really hard for you and that baby!

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

I wish there was something I could do besides pray for Tif! Hold on baby boy and family!

She updated facebook, and someone else updated what she put in the New Moms section. My heart hurts for them to have to face this.

She also updated in the July DD room earlier in the day too it you missed that.

Thanks Ashley I seen that earlier. I'm so worried though we havent heard anything since.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    I'm so worried though we havent heard anything since.
    Me too. I'm wondering how they're doing...but I think Tiff and her family need their space too. I certainly don't want her worried about updating us with all they are going through. I'm just going to remain hopeful until we hear from her.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

There is in an update in the July DD room....my heart is broken, I pray for her family to find some comfort tonight!

Tif we are all praying for you!

Thanks, ladies. I haven't even been able to grieve or feel yet because I've been so miserable in the ICU. But John is so angry. And the place that seems logical to him to direct that anger is God of course. I am really hoping this one is not his breaking point.

Oh Tif I am so sorry you are having to deal with so much right now. I can understand, from my minuscule experiences, where John is coming from and I hope that he can again turn towards the Lord to find peace and comfort, Heavenly Father understands the need to feel anger and will be there when he is ready. I hope that your infection can be controlled soon so that you can begin your own healing process. I am so glad to have the gospel, and we know that families are forever, never forget that promise.

Oh Tif, I'm so sorry that you've been so sick. I hope and pray that you will start to feel better soon. Of course John is angry, everyone goes through that. I hope that his anger changes. When my cousin passed away my aunt kept getting this feeling that she needed to share something with everyone and that it was coming from him. Families are Forever pass it on! She has this in her living room window and all our family has it on our cars. She makes vinyl lettering for a living. Remember when you were in the temple knealing across the alter looking into those mirrors, there is no end. Your sweet family will be together forever. If you would like one of those vinyl letterings for your car please let me know and I'll mail some to you guys. We all love you and will continue to pray for you.

Guess what!?! I actually heard from my visiting teaching partner tonight, I haven't been able to get a hold of her because the numbers listed on the sheet are her husbands! We actually have it set up to visit with one sister on Thursday night, way to leave it till the last day of the month, but hey we are going to do it! This is such a great step in the right direction for me, I am hoping that this will help kick start our full time return to this ward!

Ashley that is awesome! I hope that things start to look up for you guys and you can start getting your teaching done! I havent done any visiting teaching. My partner is my cousin and her sister was getting married this month so I knew she was busy with that. Then when I talked to her at the wedding she said that she's having a horrible time with 4 kids. She said she's so scatter brained. I honestly felt bad that we were paired and it was going to take her time away from her family.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
    Ashley that is awesome! I hope that things start to look up for you guys and you can start getting your teaching done! I havent done any visiting teaching. My partner is my cousin and her sister was getting married this month so I knew she was busy with that. Then when I talked to her at the wedding she said that she's having a horrible time with 4 kids. She said she's so scatter brained. I honestly felt bad that we were paired and it was going to take her time away from her family.
    You shouldn't feel bad. Visiting teaching, as part of relief society's function, was created by the power of and after the pattern of the priesthood (hello March lesson... ). It doesn't have to take her away from her family if you can work it out to take the kids with you (depending on the sisters you visit of course). Also IDK how many sisters you have on your list but it should not take an enormous amount of time each month. My MIL was telling me that she and her companion have a standing appointment the first Tuesday of each month, they see three sisters at 9:00, 9:45, and 10:30, and they are done within 2 hours. That would be so nice! My companion and I are always so scatterbrained about it. And I have to admit it is mainly her fault. That's awful to say, but she absolutely refuses to go except during weekdays, and since I homeschool, I can not go until later in the day, so it creates this super tiny window of time when we can go. I've decided I am not going to take my kids with me anymore. It is not fair to them or the ones we visit. My kids are good, but I'm there to visit this sister, not let my kids terrorize her home. I need to speak with my VT about this.

But you are right, we have to put our families first when it comes to them or church callings. Most of the time I think the Lord has set it up so that we are able to fulfill all of our family obligations and all of our church obligations, but sometimes the two are impossible to both be done, and IMO we should always choose family over church.

Sorry I'm rambling.

My moms visiting teachers are the same way, well sort of. They always come the first tuesday or 2nd tuesday of every month. They always stay forever but part of that is because my mom is chatter haha. I love her visiting teachers they were mine before we moved and I miss them.
    We only have 3 sisters on our list and I'm pretty sure they all have kids around our kids age. I think 2 of her kids would be in school during the weekday but it just gets hard to get together when your both so busy with your own life. I'm going to try and do better next month. Forget this month, its been a rough month.

So last week I drove by the site of the new Brigham City Temple, they have all corner walls up! I cant believe how fast they are working. I'm so hoping that I can go to the dedication, I've never been to one and I think it would be awesome!

Brandi I hope that you can figure something out for your visiting teaching. I am so excited to see what the Brigham City Temple looks like when it is finished! I cannot believe it took them this long to decide to build one up that way. It would be so cool if you could go to one of the dedication sessions, I have only gone to the broadcast sessions and the spirit there is amazing, I can only imagine what it would be like in person. I am hoping that we can come up and go through the open house when it is finished. When are the expecting it to be done anyways?