Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Siggy Pictures

Your account seems to be having trouble. PM admin and let them know.

shellydayle Guest

test

Test

Shellydayle,

Hi! I can probably help you. What do you want to put in the signature (a ticker, picture, etc)? Have you been able to access your ticker from the Control Panel/Settings and Options menu? (Should be a link at the left of the page you're on when viewing this message that says "Edit Signature.")

Let me know! I tried to PM you but I'm getting a database error, so I thought I'd try this route instead.

shellydayle Guest

Hi Swannie
    I don't know what is going on... I have previewed it and it looks great, but then when I go to save it, it won't save. read somewhere that the problem is that I didn't list my date of birth. There is a button to click that supposedly emails someone to have them correct the account, but no one ever contacted me. I used the "contact us" button, that has al least gotten a response. I really don't know why my account has such issues. Thanks for your help!

Swannie
    Thanks for your help. I ended up having my account deleted and creating a new one. Working fine now.. Thanks again!
    Shelly (formerly shellydayle)
    Shelly (33) & DH (34)

Oh good! Yay!

I'm trying to add a photo to my siggy, but I can't get it small enough. How have others done it? I have it to under 200 pixels by about 86 pixels, but the smallest I can make it with the compression is 20K - which is still too big for the 9K limit. The ones I see in others' posts are definitely that big or more, so how do I shrink it more?

ps - I'm used to aiming for huge files when I digitize my film, so this is new.

What's the resolution (dpi) of the image?

I'm changing the dimensions in pixels, so the resolution doesn't matter. The resolution is just for when you're working with inches. And it's at web res anyway.

I also just checked the settings for the avatar and these are the 2 instructions:
    For avatar - Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

For signature - Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 200 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

There's realistically no way a 200x200 pixel image can be a 9.8kb file (even 19.8 would be tough). Was the upload area changed recently? I tried to upload and it bounced my file (35kb), so it's not just a typo. The photos in other siggys are definitely bigger than that.
    Last edited by picchic27; 07-09-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by picchic27 View Post
    I'm changing the dimensions in pixels, so the resolution doesn't matter. The resolution is just for when you're working with inches. And it's at web res anyway.

I also just checked the settings for the avatar and these are the 2 instructions:
    For avatar - Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

For signature - Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 200 by 200 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

There's realistically no way a 200x200 pixel image can be a 9.8kb file (even 19.8 would be tough). Was the upload area changed recently? I tried to upload and it bounced my file (35kb), so it's not just a typo. The photos in other siggys are definitely bigger than that.
    The other images may be linked remotely and not hosted by APA. So you can upload to Photobucket and use the image code that way.

Even using the 35kb file at photobucket, it still tells me the remote file is too large.

Quote Originally Posted by picchic27 View Post
    Even using the 35kb file at photobucket, it still tells me the remote file is too large.
    Are you using the Photobucket image code in your signature and not trying to upload it into the APA signature? If you PM me the Photobucket link for the image I can go into the Mod panel and try to fix it on our end.

Hi,

Im new to the board and Im having a really hard time with my avatar, siggy...everything! Ive been on a forum similar to this with my son and it took a few tries for me to figure it out but I eventually got it- this I cant! It keeps telling me this:

"There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period."

What does this mean? I cant even update my profile b/c it wont allow me to save it!

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Also, when I hit preview- I can see it but once its saved- nothing!

ma2ayden, unfortunately it looks like there was a problem with the birthdate you entered when you registered, so your user account isn't giving you access to all the board features.

Even more unfortunately, the only way to fix the problem is to RE-register using a new email address for a new username, paying careful attention to filling out the birthday completely and correctly. Another member had to do this earlier today, but it worked for her.

If you try that and it still doesn't work, post again and I or another board moderator will try to help you!

thanks, will try again.

test

test .... again

test again

test

test

test

Paytonsmom, you'll need to re-register (using a new email address) and include a valid birthdate in order to have a fully functional account with signature, etc.

I just did and I hope it worked! Thank you!!!!

Me, Danielle -28 DH, Andy-29 DD, Payton-5
    12/07 mommy! Formally firsttimer828 -STC#2 since 07/2010-BFP-2/4/13
    ITS A GIRL!!!!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!

Me, Danielle -28 DH, Andy-29 DD, Payton-5
    12/07 mommy! Formally firsttimer828 -STC#2 since 07/2010-BFP-2/4/13
    ITS A GIRL!!!!

Yay! Your daughter's adorable!

Just a test to see if the siggy works!

Test

Kelly 31/ DH- Ian 34/ DS-Jared 3.5 TTC # 2 since 12/08 - 3 M/C'sMy Ovulation Chart

Hello! Question.. I went to the website && got my code for my pregnancy ticker, but none of them seemed to work.. it said invalid. I tried all of them: HTML code.. the BBCode & the EZcode. Am i doing something wrong!