Thread: Diva Cup - another question

Default Diva Cup - another question

I know this topic has been discussed a lot, but I never paid much attention before TBH. I just got my period back after 2 years (9 mos preggo and 18 mos nursing) and I seriously need an alternative. I would like diva cup as I have a latex sensitivity. Do you like it? Does it leak? Is it user friendly? And, finally, I have had three c-sections, no vaginal births, and I am very small. Would I need to use the size for "women over 30 and after childbirth" or should I stick with the smaller size? TIA.

Oh, and do any of you have a rec for reusable panty liners?

Do you like it? Yes, I actually would say that I love it. I don't dread AF anymore.

Does it leak? Nope. Provided it is all the way open after insertion, it does not leak at all.

Is it user friendly? There is a learning curve to folding it and getting it in. It takes a couple of cycles to practice, but once you get it down, it's easy-peasy.

And, finally, I have had three c-sections, no vaginal births, and I am very small. Would I need to use the size for "women over 30 and after childbirth" or should I stick with the smaller size? Get the bigger size. Even with a c-section birth, your pelvic floor stretches due to the weight of the baby and the hormones of pregnancy. The larger size is only a few millimeters larger anyway.

Hope this is helpful!
    D-Mama (37) D-Dada (43) and D-Baby (11/02/2011)

Thanks for posting about the Diva cup. All these years I've been reading the title of the thread thinking the Diva cup was a "new" kind of sippy cup for kids Here I'm thinking I don't need to read a thread about sippy cups for my kids. Well I learned something new today!!! Thanks again and I might have to look a further into this. My interest has been sparked.

I've been using a Lunette cup for the last four cycles. Love it! Its almost like not having a period, because you don't have to think about it for hours and hours, don't have to remember to buy tampons, etc. I did have a leak once, but I think I put it wrong, so yeah, a bit of a learning curve.

So in summary, I agree with dana-renay!

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

Yep, dana-renay pretty much covered it. I've used a Diva cup (and before that, a Luna cup) for more than 10 years. Obviously, it works for me. I love how seldom I have to think about it and how easy it is to use. There is a learning curve, but after a couple of months it should be no problem. Mine will occasionally leak first thing in the morning (after I've been lying in bed all night) on heavy days, but it's easy to be prepared for that, and other than that I get no leaks. It's great.
    As for reusable liners -- I like GladRags.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Do I like it? No. I really want to, and I love the idea of it...but I pretty much hate it. Does it leak? Yep. I've tried everything. Rotating it like the instructions say, wetting it before insertion, you name it. I basically just end up beating up the inside of my vagina. I've switched back to tampons. I may try the diva cup again in a few months.
    Formerly cdcy1973

I still have mine packed up and ready to use for the first time. I need to wait until I can use the bathroom alone before trying it! Anyway, in the meantime, I love my mama cloth. I just got an order from Mother Moon from Etsy, and I love them. So, mama cloth is another alternative

I just got the diva cup. WOW what a difference it makes