Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Post IVF

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    I used to panic a lot, too, when I wouldn't feel her move.. But like clockwork around 10p every night she would stir, or in the middle of the night. If you have quiet days, don't worry so much because the LO is still small enough to move around and you not feel it, or he/she (can't remember, did you find out?) could be kicking inside, rather than out. My movement became much more regular after 28 weeks, and now she's squirming almost all day..

YEAH! The first definite feeling is the best! I remember always wondering what it would feel like because the descriptions don't mean that much to me. But when you know, you know! Congratulations! Can't wait to hear about the 3D U/S!

for 27 weeks!! And for more frequent appointments. I'm almost to the weekly ones starting next week! I always feel better after each appointment, and I'm sure you will, too! I'm thinking of you all the time and hope you are doing ok over there.. I wish I could come over and hang out with you while you are on bed rest.

AFM - Yesterday was another manic day and today I'm going to take it easy. I'm going to the movies for a lunchtime matinee! I can't wait. This weekend we are having a bunch of friends around for dinner (DH does the cooking, so I just have to open the door!). I have to try to focus on chilling out..

I can't wait for my next appt (Wed) to see where the baby is, although I'm pretty sure she's still in the same position, maybe down a little (transverse). We can actually see that the left side of my bump sticks out more than the right side, and that is also the side that feels like my skin is being torn apart under my rib cage. (Horrible feeling, btw.) Pretty sure there is still a head there. I just wish I knew either way if it was going to be a normal delivery or c-section so I can prepare myself mentally!! It could be either 4 weeks or 5+ weeks..which I know doesn't sound like that big of a difference, but 4 weeks is really soon!!!!
    Rachel- Thanks sweetie...I know you would be right by my side keeping me entertained if you could. Gosh, I can't believe you are only 4-5 weeks out from bringing that sweet baby girl into your life. I am so excited for you and also anxious as you are to hear if you will have to do a c-section or attempt a vaginal delivery if she turns. Sorry for the discomfort. My skin is so think on my stomach from stretching and it itches. I hate doing my lovenox shots in my belly now because it seems like there is no fat left for me to not feel them and I always worry about sticking Jace! I think it's wonderful that you are having a relaxed day going to the matinee and all. Dinner with friends sounds fun too. My sis comes over every weekend to cook me a nice meal. DH tries to do a night of cooking during the week, but he works late most nights, so he brings home sub sandwiches or fried chicken or a restaurant take out. I do have a couple of friends that cooked for us last week and dropped off meals so that was really nice too. It's really nice to have supportive friends and family. One of my best friends comes over on Fridays (she just left) and cleans! My house is 3000 sq feet, so I would not ask anyone to do my work, but she offered and I would be crazy to not accept. She's a doll. She helps with laundry, changing sheets on beds, loading & unloading the dishwasher, sweeping, mopping & vacuuming. It's been so nice to not watch my house go to shambles. I am usually very attentive to my home and she being a close friend knew how important that is for me. I am truly blessed. I can't wait to have Jace in a couple of months and do something nice for her in return.

Dena- Glad you are back online sweetie! Thanks for the pep talk. You are right though...I wouldn't change my life for anyone else's. I know it will all work out and I'm just feeling down because I'm stuck inside with nothing but time to digest all these emotions & thoughts. Yes, I started thinking about planning the nursery. I can still work on the plans even if I can't help make it all happen. I just want to start getting excited about having things in order to welcome Jace.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Rhonda~It's really great you have someone to help take off a little guilt and pressure of bed rest!

Rachel~ Everything is so close for you! I can't believe it almost time to meet your little girl!

Ok girls. Had my bi-weekly fFN test. It came back positive! I'm really hoping that it's just a false positive though. Everything is just one thing on another. First the GD,then the pre-e and bed rest,now this. Not that I expected to be pregnant forever but I guess I was hoping I wouldn't have April babies in February,maybe March. My head is reeling! They don't even have names yet!

Hope all my girls are doing well and feeling fine! Everyone seems to be coming right along beautifully!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Anything positive to hold onto I'm taking it these days! My appointment with OB is next week Tuesday and it will have been 3 weeks since my last one. I am moving to appts every 2 weeks until they decide weekly.
    YAY! Congrats Rhonda! Are you having an u/s on Tuesday? Praying for you and Jace!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgirl View Post
    Good morning my lovelies!!! how is everyone?

Michele, Honey... YAYYY!!! So Excited you are feeling the little one. :-) Do you have names yet? :-) I cant wait to see the 3D pics. Please email them to me if you can. How are you doing otherwise? Rhonda is right... the kicks will get super intense! lol. So turns out Lucas is a little crazy kicker! lol. He was wild in my belly and super wild now. He does not stop moving! So you may have a crazy little kicker of your own soon. lol.
    Aww, thanks, Dena. We have a list of by and girl names, but we are now thinking it's a boy so we're focusing on those for now. We still didn't find anything out form the doctor, but I think I saw a little penis on the ultrasound. So we'll see...I love that Lucas is a little wild child! He's going to keep you on your toes 24/7, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Rhonda~It's really great you have someone to help take off a little guilt and pressure of bed rest!

Rachel~ Everything is so close for you! I can't believe it almost time to meet your little girl!

Ok girls. Had my bi-weekly fFN test. It came back positive! I'm really hoping that it's just a false positive though. Everything is just one thing on another. First the GD,then the pre-e and bed rest,now this. Not that I expected to be pregnant forever but I guess I was hoping I wouldn't have April babies in February,maybe March. My head is reeling! They don't even have names yet!

Hope all my girls are doing well and feeling fine! Everyone seems to be coming right along beautifully!
    Sorry, Sarah. Are you going to take the test again soon? I hope those little guys keep cooking to give you a bit more time to prepare. Hang in there, mama!

AFM - our 19 week screening went well today. The baby is measuring perfectly on target and everything (heart, brain, etc) looks good! The second sac has finally disappeared so I was able to do some blood work today. As I mentioned earlier, I totally think we're having a boy now. Even though I'm still carrying super high, I swear I a penis and I'm convinced. Luckily we're still choosing names for both genders and keeping our decorating/shopping neutral just in case.

I hope all my pregnant mamas are hanging in there and feeling OK.

Rhonda - I'm so glad you've got yoru DH, sis and close friends taking care of you while you're on bed rest. I wish I lived closer to help you out. Know I'm sending you lots of hugs! Hi Jace!

Rachel - You're getting closer and closer, girl. Have you been able to wrap up work are you still tying up loose ends? I'm very excited for you to meet you LO in a few weeks.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Sarah, hang in there. I know this is not what you want or planned, but regardless of when you deliver those beautiful boys, you and babies will be fine. I know you will hold out until 32 weeks and I'm praying you can make it to even 34 or 36!!

Michelle, Jace says "hi" and thanks you for being so thoughtful and sweet. Sounds like all is well in your world!!

Come on girls, time to decide on baby names!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Rachel- Thanks sweetie...I know you would be right by my side keeping me entertained if you could. Gosh, I can't believe you are only 4-5 weeks out from bringing that sweet baby girl into your life. I am so excited for you and also anxious as you are to hear if you will have to do a c-section or attempt a vaginal delivery if she turns. Sorry for the discomfort. My skin is so think on my stomach from stretching and it itches. I hate doing my lovenox shots in my belly now because it seems like there is no fat left for me to not feel them and I always worry about sticking Jace! I think it's wonderful that you are having a relaxed day going to the matinee and all. Dinner with friends sounds fun too. My sis comes over every weekend to cook me a nice meal. DH tries to do a night of cooking during the week, but he works late most nights, so he brings home sub sandwiches or fried chicken or a restaurant take out. I do have a couple of friends that cooked for us last week and dropped off meals so that was really nice too. It's really nice to have supportive friends and family. One of my best friends comes over on Fridays (she just left) and cleans! My house is 3000 sq feet, so I would not ask anyone to do my work, but she offered and I would be crazy to not accept. She's a doll. She helps with laundry, changing sheets on beds, loading & unloading the dishwasher, sweeping, mopping & vacuuming. It's been so nice to not watch my house go to shambles. I am usually very attentive to my home and she being a close friend knew how important that is for me. I am truly blessed. I can't wait to have Jace in a couple of months and do something nice for her in return.
    Rhonda, now that is a GOOD friend! Keep her around. I wish I had someone volunteering to clean our house. I can't do anything anymore because the bending over, vacuuming, etc, gives me serious lower back pain. I had a cleaner start last week and I'm hoping it will work out. So far, so good, but a little slow for my taste. If I were able to clean myself this place would be spotless in a jiffy.

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post

Sarah - I had to look up what fFN is because I never heard of it before. Were you tested because of your high risk/twins status, or is this a typical test? Anyway, what I gather is that even though you tested positive it doesn't necessarily mean you will go in labor so soon, it could be many weeks off.. So, I will pray for that, girlie. Luckily those babies are getting big and you are almost at 32 weeks, which although is premature, it's not THAT premature.. I believe everything is going to work out just fine for you, my dear. I'm sorry you have had all these 'setbacks' though with the GD and pre-E and everything. Ugh.. Hang in there.. And work on those names, stat!

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    AFM - our 19 week screening went well today. The baby is measuring perfectly on target and everything (heart, brain, etc) looks good! The second sac has finally disappeared so I was able to do some blood work today. As I mentioned earlier, I totally think we're having a boy now. Even though I'm still carrying super high, I swear I a penis and I'm convinced. Luckily we're still choosing names for both genders and keeping our decorating/shopping neutral just in case.

Rachel - You're getting closer and closer, girl. Have you been able to wrap up work are you still tying up loose ends? I'm very excited for you to meet you LO in a few weeks.
    Michelle - Great ultrasound! Although, how you had the strength to not find out the sex is amazing!!! I wonder if it is a little boy. Honestly, I couldn't tell what was what when I had my 20 week u/s..The tech had to point out we were looking at her bottom and still we had no clue which way was up! Do you have any more u/s's before the birth?

Yes, I'm still working away, but I'm going to try to wrap things up this week.. That way if we do have to have a c-section I will have 3 weeks to relax and get all my baby stuff in order.

AFM - We assembled the baby's bed in the master bedroom tonight. It's so darling. I'm not setting it up yet with sheets and such, but at least we are a step closer.

Yay for setting up the babys bed and wrapping things up at work.

My sis comes over every weekend to cook me a nice meal. DH tries to do a night of cooking during the week, but he works late most nights, so he brings home sub sandwiches or fried chicken or a restaurant take out. I do have a couple of friends that cooked for us last week and dropped off meals so that was really nice too. It's really nice to have supportive friends and family. One of my best friends comes over on Fridays (she just left) and cleans! My house is 3000 sq feet, so I would not ask anyone to do my work, but she offered and I would be crazy to not accept. She's a doll. She helps with laundry, changing sheets on beds, loading & unloading the dishwasher, sweeping, mopping & vacuuming. It's been so nice to not watch my house go to shambles. I am usually very attentive to my home and she being a close friend knew how important that is for me. I am truly blessed. I can't wait to have Jace in a couple of months and do something nice for her in return.
    Rhonda, you are so lucky to have such great support! I hope you are hanging on there on bedrest, and that Jace stays happy and healthy in there for another couple of months.

Rachel -- sounds like you are getting ready for your LO to make her appearance! I can't believe how close you are!!

Come on girls, time to decide on baby names!!
    Can someone please tell my DH that we need to do this!!!! He is SO indecisive!!
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

Michelle - Great ultrasound! Although, how you had the strength to not find out the sex is amazing!!! I wonder if it is a little boy. Honestly, I couldn't tell what was what when I had my 20 week u/s..The tech had to point out we were looking at her bottom and still we had no clue which way was up! Do you have any more u/s's before the birth?

Yes, I'm still working away, but I'm going to try to wrap things up this week.. That way if we do have to have a c-section I will have 3 weeks to relax and get all my baby stuff in order.

AFM - We assembled the baby's bed in the master bedroom tonight. It's so darling. I'm not setting it up yet with sheets and such, but at least we are a step closer.
    Congrats on getting the crib set up! How exciting! And hopefully you can get everything wrapped up with work, so you can enjoy the last few weeks and make your final preparations for the baby. Have you had any luck turning the baby around with yoga? Are you excited to finally meet your baby in a few weeks?

I was wavering, but my DH was there to keep me strong. Believe me, I tried to read over my peri's shoulder as he was writing in my file on the computer. And I swear that the Dr. said "his heart looks good" though my doctor swears that he said "this heart looks good". I saw the penis shortly after that, so maybe that is why I think I saw one (the power of suggestion). Maybe it was just a leg bone? Who knows, I could be completely wrong. But I'm thinking it's a boy now. We're still decorating gender neutral, just in case. We'll do the basic stuff and then get gender specific stuff after the baby arrives.

I have another 3D scan in 10 weeks. Not sure if my OB will be doing any scans - she hasn't since my first appointment. I see her again on 2/23.

Rhonda - things are going well over here. Still working on names, but I'll post some options when we narrow it down. And we found a crib we liked, which is nice. If I could only settle on a paint color...how are you doing this Monday?

Here are some pics from the latest ultrasound
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    Rhonda, you are so lucky to have such great support! I hope you are hanging on there on bedrest, and that Jace stays happy and healthy in there for another couple of months.

Rachel -- sounds like you are getting ready for your LO to make her appearance! I can't believe how close you are!!

Can someone please tell my DH that we need to do this!!!! He is SO indecisive!!
    I went through my DH being indecisive, but thankfully he finally agreed to a name!! DD actually came up with the name. Glad it's settled. Yes, I thank God every day for all my loving family and friends. My dad just called to check on me, mom called on Saturday when her & dad were going grocery shopping to see if I needed anything. They live about 20 minutes away. My staff came to my house this morning for our biweekly staff meeting and they brought breakfast. I knew it was different for them by me not being at the office, so I invited them here for the meeting and they were so excited to come see me. They are the best crew I could ever have. They sent me a picture last week of all of them in my office with a sign that said "self-regulated ... until you come back" I thought it was so sweet and it really made me smile and feel thankful. I am surrounded by wonderful people in my life. They say if you do good deeds and you are genuine, good things come back in many ways. I truly believe that.

Adorable!!! Love the 3D pics!!

Hi all,
    Sarah, I hope that you have a few more weeks with the babies in you. It is amazing all the tests and technology that is availble these days!

Michelle, I have not found out the sex either. DH and I both agreed to wait. It can be hard but what a great surprise waiting at the end! I started feeling the baby move around 19 weeks also. It is infrequent at first then stronger and more consistent. It is so exciting!

Rachel, glad you have the baby bed set up. It is getting close! It will be nice to have those few weeks before the baby comes. I put in for my maternity leave and hope I will get to enjoy it before baby. So exciting!!

Rhonda, I am so glad to hear that you have all that support! It must lift your spirits to have such great friends and family around! I think when you have good energy in life you become surrounded by good people, and sounds like you have that. Keep thinking positive thoughts

AFM: I saw my stomach move on Saturday from the baby, it was so cool! Also, we went and did our baby registry yesterday. Actually my sister did most of it! She has two young children so went through the store and knew exactly what to get and how many and what to pass on. It was a tremendous help! It would have taken DH and I 10x as long! I also ordered the baby furniture It was a busy weekend!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Adorable!!! Love the 3D pics!!
    Thanks, Rhonda. We're really excited. And we're finally getting closer to a final plan on decorating the nursery. We found a crib (just need to decide color). It's very exciting! How are you feeling today? Good luck at the doctor. Praying he has good news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    Hi all,
    Michelle, I have not found out the sex either. DH and I both agreed to wait. It can be hard but what a great surprise waiting at the end! I started feeling the baby move around 19 weeks also. It is infrequent at first then stronger and more consistent. It is so exciting!

AFM: I saw my stomach move on Saturday from the baby, it was so cool! Also, we went and did our baby registry yesterday. Actually my sister did most of it! She has two young children so went through the store and knew exactly what to get and how many and what to pass on. It was a tremendous help! It would have taken DH and I 10x as long! I also ordered the baby furniture It was a busy weekend!

Hope everyone has a great week!!
    Thanks, Sylvia. It is hard, but I know we'll be so thrilled to find out on the day, so we're trying to hang in there and be strong. Its weird that the movement is infrequent now, but I can't wait for it to be more consistent. That is awesome that you saw your belly move! How exciting! Has your DH been able to see/feel the baby move? And congratulations on completing your registry! That must feel nice to have that all taken care of and finished. When does your furniture arrive?

Sarah - how are you feeling? How are the babies doing?

Rachel - how are you doing?

Have you had any luck turning the baby around with yoga? Are you excited to finally meet your baby in a few weeks?
    Nope, she seems to still be planted in the same position, just wiggling around here and there. I'm curious what the DR will say at tomorrow's appointment.

So cute!! I love technology! Congrats on finding a crib, and for tomorrow reaching the half-way mark!!!

I am surrounded by wonderful people in my life. They say if you do good deeds and you are genuine, good things come back in many ways. I truly believe that.
    I agree!

Hi all,
    I love that!!! When that started happening I could not do anything but lay in bed and watch my stomach!! I still do that! I always read before bed, and when I rest the book on my bump she starts pushing back, so then instead of reading, I lay there and watch my stomach move. Now it's really like body parts pushing out instead of vibrations from kicks. So cool!! Congrats on getting your baby furniture ordered! Big step done! How early do you plan on taking maternity leave?

AFM - I met with some girls from my preggo-yoga class today, one that brought her 3 week old baby along for the first time. So cute! She was back into pre-pregnancy jeans the day after she gave birth! I doubt I'll be that lucky, but seeing her 3 weeks later and what an amazing difference her body is, I can't wait to give birth and start breastfeeding and watch this fat melt away!!! I feel big.

OMG, I just realized my ticker says 30 days to go.

Nope, she seems to still be planted in the same position, just wiggling around here and there. I'm curious what the DR will say at tomorrow's appointment.

So cute!! I love technology! Congrats on finding a crib, and for tomorrow reaching the half-way mark!!!

I agree!

I love that!!! When that started happening I could not do anything but lay in bed and watch my stomach!! I still do that! I always read before bed, and when I rest the book on my bump she starts pushing back, so then instead of reading, I lay there and watch my stomach move. Now it's really like body parts pushing out instead of vibrations from kicks. So cool!! Congrats on getting your baby furniture ordered! Big step done! How early do you plan on taking maternity leave?

AFM - I met with some girls from my preggo-yoga class today, one that brought her 3 week old baby along for the first time. So cute! She was back into pre-pregnancy jeans the day after she gave birth! I doubt I'll be that lucky, but seeing her 3 weeks later and what an amazing difference her body is, I can't wait to give birth and start breastfeeding and watch this fat melt away!!! I feel big.
    Sorry she's not turning around for you. Hoping your doctor has some good news to say about it tomorrow. Definitely KUP. And that's great your friend fits in her pre-preggo jeans so soon after she's had her LO. We'll all get there eventually. You are not BIG. You're pregnant - big difference. Thanks for the congrats. We're VERY excited about the half way mark tomorrow. I already feel like my belly is so big and I can't imagine how big it will be before this baby arrives! I caught myself in the mirror while I was speed walking at the gym and it was funny to watch my belly bounce up and down while I walked. Still carrying super high...

OMG, I just realized my ticker says 30 days to go.
    30days! That's awesome! The countdown is officially on!!! Congrats Rachel!

Rachel, sorry she's still not turning, but yay for being hitting the 30 day countdown!!! I've put on 18 pounds already and still have 9 weeks to go to hit full term. I expect to gain another 10 pounds if I make it to 37 weeks, which I plan to. I am 44 and very confident I will loose almost all of the baby weight within 6 weeks. I was 30 with my first born and I was back in my normal clothes when I went back to work 8 weeks later. Just keep feeding that baby and worry about the weight later. Breastfeeding definitely helps!!

Sylvia, congrats on doing your baby registry and congrats again for seeing baby move!! Such exciting moments!!

AFM- Yesterday was my biweekly appt and all was well. Doc says modified bed rest is absolutely fine (good, because that's what I was doing) and I asked if I can go to work for meetings and maybe even half days. He said we could play it by ear. So, I am attempting a half day in the office tomorrow. If all goes well, I will do about 3 half days in the office on days I have meetings and conference calls. The rest of the days and hours will be working from home with my feet up. I think it will work out just fine and help pass time for me. Plus I feel better still having some level of activity in my life so labor isn't so tough in a few months. He seems to think I will have no problem making it to 37 weeks, so that makes me feel more confident. He will probably schedule an induction just to get me off my baby aspirin 5 days before and my lovenox 24-48 hours before. I'm excited because tomorrow I am 28 weeks and soon I will be saying 30, then 32, then 34...and so on!!

AFM- Yesterday was my biweekly appt and all was well. Doc says modified bed rest is absolutely fine (good, because that's what I was doing) and I asked if I can go to work for meetings and maybe even half days. He said we could play it by ear. So, I am attempting a half day in the office tomorrow. If all goes well, I will do about 3 half days in the office on days I have meetings and conference calls. The rest of the days and hours will be working from home with my feet up. I think it will work out just fine and help pass time for me. Plus I feel better still having some level of activity in my life so labor isn't so tough in a few months. He seems to think I will have no problem making it to 37 weeks, so that makes me feel more confident. He will probably schedule an induction just to get me off my baby aspirin 5 days before and my lovenox 24-48 hours before. I'm excited because tomorrow I am 28 weeks and soon I will be saying 30, then 32, then 34...and so on!!
    That's wonderful news, Rhonda. I'm glad you can start half days at work a few days a week and have some semblance of a normal, if shortened schedule now. It must be wonderful to hear that your doctor thinks you'll have no problem making it to 37 weeks. I'm very happy and very relieved for you! Good job. Enjoy your modified bed rest. Glad you can get some things done at work and for your nursery. I know how important that was for you.

AFM - I'm 20 weeks today!! Officially half way there!!!

That's GREAT news!! I pray you make it to 37 weeks and hopefully going back to work here and there will help the time pass more quickly. I know my days are flying by.

AFM - Baby's not moving. OB not optimistic about it - apparently I have a very narrow ribcage and uterus, so there isn't much room to move. I will still go in for a scan next week, but just to get me on the books, I'm scheduled for a c-section three weeks from today! That's really soon!!!! I immediately went directly from the doctor's office to the shops and picked up as many of the last remaining things I need. I think there are just a few things left on the list - not too daunting, thankfully. Wish me luck I can round it all up in the next couple weeks since I won't be doing any running around if I'm recovering from a c-section.

AFM - Baby's not moving. OB not optimistic about it - apparently I have a very narrow ribcage and uterus, so there isn't much room to move. I will still go in for a scan next week, but just to get me on the books, I'm scheduled for a c-section three weeks from today! That's really soon!!!! I immediately went directly from the doctor's office to the shops and picked up as many of the last remaining things I need. I think there are just a few things left on the list - not too daunting, thankfully. Wish me luck I can round it all up in the next couple weeks since I won't be doing any running around if I'm recovering from a c-section.
    Sorry Rachel. I hope that there's a miracle and that the baby can turn on its own somehow. Glad you were able to pick up some of the things remaining on your list on your way home. Hopefully you can get that and work taken care of so you can get a chance to relax before the baby gets here. Saying a prayer for you and your LO.

Rachel, Sorry the baby isn't turning Just like a girl, stubborn! Glad you have the time to prepare so you are all set for after the baby. I don't think I will be in my pre-prego jeans that soon! But hopefully by the time I go back to work I'll be in my regular clothes. My ML starts may 10th, then I am out til Oct.1 Nice long leave so I better be back in my clothes!

Rhonda, glad you got good news about your bed rest and can go to work part-time. What a relief to get out a bit!

Michelle, the baby didn't start moving really regularly til about 23 weeks. Til then it was sporadic and sometimes I didn't fell it for a couple days. Then the LO started poking me at 4am! My belly is high also! It makes it hard to bend over!

The crib arrived yesterday and the dresser should be here today!

Rachel, Sorry the baby isn't turning Just like a girl, stubborn! Glad you have the time to prepare so you are all set for after the baby. I don't think I will be in my pre-prego jeans that soon! But hopefully by the time I go back to work I'll be in my regular clothes. My ML starts may 10th, then I am out til Oct.1 Nice long leave so I better be back in my clothes!

Rhonda, glad you got good news about your bed rest and can go to work part-time. What a relief to get out a bit!

Michelle, the baby didn't start moving really regularly til about 23 weeks. Til then it was sporadic and sometimes I didn't fell it for a couple days. Then the LO started poking me at 4am! My belly is high also! It makes it hard to bend over!

The crib arrived yesterday and the dresser should be here today!
    Thanks, Sylia! I'm feeling the baby sporadically now, which is so much fun. Can't wait until my DH can feel the kicks, too the high belly does making bending over a bit of a challenge, but I'm loving every minute of it. Congrats on your crib arriving, how exciting! It must be nice to see your nursery coming together.

So much happening in all our worlds! How exciting!!

Rachel - I know 3 weeks sounds close, but you are only 4 weeks from your due date and you are full term at 37w pregnant, so I think it's fabulous you don't have to worry about her coming later than 40w. On the other note, you still have 2 weekends and almost 3 full weeks to prepare for her arrival. I know you will get everything done. So sorry she isn't moving much and doesn't sound like there is any chance she will turn. Everything will be fine and you will be holding her in your arms soon and adoring her beatiful face and hands and feet and belly!!

Sylvia & Michelle - Thanks ladies! Work was a needed change for me yesterday and all went well. I look forward to working in the office a few days a week for a few hours a day. It certainly helped yesterday fly by. I need more of those fly by days! I work from home every day, but it's not the same. I needed the interaction, but I know I can't handle full days. I was so exhausted after a half day and I have to pace myself.

Sylvia - How exciting that the crib arrived!! You are going to have that nursery done in no time!

Michelle - Congrats on hitting 20 weeks - you are half way to being a mamma!! DH will be on the top of the moon when he feels baby kick for the first time!

Yesterday I hit the 28w mark! Now I'm looking forward to 32w and from there, I hope everything is like a normal pregnancy to term.

Hi ladies. I'm not too worried about the c-section, and it's actually motivated me to get my butt in gear and get stuff done. I'm bursting with energy now. Today got the stroller and car seat (last two key things) and a bunch of little odds and ends. I'm basically ready to go. Just want to get some toys to hang on the stroller or car seat - and that's it. Crazy!! I even got baby bath and lotion, even though I know we won't need it right away, but since I won't be running to the store much post surgery I am getting prepared. DH can handle the rest, but I wanted to smell the products before buying.

Baby stuff - checked. Pedicure booked for the week before. Debating if I should make an appointment for waxing, although that sounds so painful at the moment.. have to see if DH will shave my legs for me because it hurts so much to bend over. Now have to finish some work things, and then I'm ready to go!! 19 days! AHHHH!!!!

Rhonda, yeah for 28 weeks. The rest will go by so quickly. I was 28 weeks around Christmas and it feels like the that was just yesterday! Really!! And if you only have to go to 37 before they induce all the better!

So much happening in all our worlds! How exciting!!

Rachel - I know 3 weeks sounds close, but you are only 4 weeks from your due date and you are full term at 37w pregnant, so I think it's fabulous you don't have to worry about her coming later than 40w. On the other note, you still have 2 weekends and almost 3 full weeks to prepare for her arrival. I know you will get everything done. So sorry she isn't moving much and doesn't sound like there is any chance she will turn. Everything will be fine and you will be holding her in your arms soon and adoring her beatiful face and hands and feet and belly!!

Sylvia & Michelle - Thanks ladies! Work was a needed change for me yesterday and all went well. I look forward to working in the office a few days a week for a few hours a day. It certainly helped yesterday fly by. I need more of those fly by days! I work from home every day, but it's not the same. I needed the interaction, but I know I can't handle full days. I was so exhausted after a half day and I have to pace myself.

Sylvia - How exciting that the crib arrived!! You are going to have that nursery done in no time!

Michelle - Congrats on hitting 20 weeks - you are half way to being a mamma!! DH will be on the top of the moon when he feels baby kick for the first time!

Yesterday I hit the 28w mark! Now I'm looking forward to 32w and from there, I hope everything is like a normal pregnancy to term.
    Thanks, Rhonda. We're excited to be half way there and are in the full blown search for baby names. I think we're close, but we'll probably keep looking until the baby gets here.

Glad you enjoyed your time at work the other day. It will definitely pass your time to be at work a little each week. If I could go back for a couple of hours a few times a week, I'd do it too! Congratulations on hitting 28 weeks! You're getting closer and closer.

Hi ladies. I'm not too worried about the c-section, and it's actually motivated me to get my butt in gear and get stuff done. I'm bursting with energy now. Today got the stroller and car seat (last two key things) and a bunch of little odds and ends. I'm basically ready to go. Just want to get some toys to hang on the stroller or car seat - and that's it. Crazy!! I even got baby bath and lotion, even though I know we won't need it right away, but since I won't be running to the store much post surgery I am getting prepared. DH can handle the rest, but I wanted to smell the products before buying.

Baby stuff - checked. Pedicure booked for the week before. Debating if I should make an appointment for waxing, although that sounds so painful at the moment.. have to see if DH will shave my legs for me because it hurts so much to bend over. Now have to finish some work things, and then I'm ready to go!! 19 days! AHHHH!!!!

Rhonda, yeah for 28 weeks. The rest will go by so quickly. I was 28 weeks around Christmas and it feels like the that was just yesterday! Really!! And if you only have to go to 37 before they induce all the better!
    Glad you've gotten everything taken care of, Rachel. It must be a relief to know everything's sorted out for the baby's arrival. Good luck wrapping up things at work!

Rachel - Congrats on getting your last few things to be ready for baby!! I am so excited that you are all prepared and now we just wait on your scheduled c-sect!

Yeah, I figure it's going to go a lot faster these last 8-9 weeks! Unless my blood pressure is a threat or I show signs for early labor, the soonest my doc will schedule an induction is 38 weeks. I think that is normal practice. I don't expect anything sooner from that perspective, but with the way this pregnancy has gone, I wouldn't be surprised if I end up going at week 37. Time will tell. I am fine with however it turns out as long as we make it to full term. I am prepared for sooner if that happens, but I pray every night that I make it to 34 weeks. When I do, I'll be praying for 37 weeks!! My doc does not seem too concerned about preterm labor, so I should just trust in his instincts.

Default 29 weeks today . . . and counting!!

I love Thursdays because it is another week down on my due date calendar! I have been back to working in the office since last week Thursday. I am not working in the office every day since I am also set up at home, but I did get in 3 days this week for several hours a day. I have learned that my limit is really 4 hours. I tried 6 hours on Monday only because meetings got delayed and ran over, but that was not a good day for me. I still came in 4 hours the next day, but then rested most of Wednesday. Today I came in for 4 hours. I will work from home tomorrow. It's helping to pass the time and I feel more productive at work. My next appt is Tuesday next week and since things have been ok for the most part, I doubt there will be any concerns. I did have increased contractions on Sunday and Monday, but the rest of the week has been fine.

Hope everyone is doing ok!!

Melissa - How was your appt today? How are the contractions?? I'm always in worry mode about you, but I am so glad you are hanging in there weekly!!

Sarah - You still cooking those Southern Gentlemen? I know you are a time bomb ready to go any day/week now!!

Rachel - Almost another week has passed on your count down to c-section!! Thinking about you all the time!

Michelle - Hope all is well and you are enjoying this pregnancy!

Sylvia - You are my personal inspiration to get a move on the nursery!! I hope to have pics to share with everyone in the next 30 days!

Katie - Any luck with DH on names yet??

Dena - I think I missed your birthday...wasn't it yesterday? If so, please accept a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish from me!!

Hope I didn't leave anyone off, but if I did, it was an honest oversight on my part!! Love you all!!

Rachel, glad you are ready. Now you can relax a bit!

Michelle, names are a challenge. I have a small list and figure when the baby is born then the name will be finalized.

Rhonda, so glad your dr is optimistic about going to term! I worry also, as my ama puts me at risk. But sounds like all is well!

We are going to put together the crib this weekend. We have not had a free moment, but this being a long weekend should give us time! Then we have a few more house projects to finish up, and then relax and wait for baby!

Hope everyone is well!

Sylvia

Happy Friday mamas-to-be!

Rhonda - I love Thursdays, too! And next week is 30 for you - ahh!! Take it easy with the work stuff (I'm not one to talk, but you need more rest, my dear.) It does help the time pass, though, but we need you to cook as long as possible.

Sylvia - You will love having the crib together.. I love looking at our's in my room. Can't wait til there is a little cutie pie sleeping in it!!

Everyone else - hope you are all doing well and resting up!!

AFM - I had a scan this week and LO is refusing to budge. Head straight up and butt planted firmly down in my pelvis. They aren't going to try to turn her either, since they think it will be unsuccessful and only painful.. So, countdown is on..12 days to go!!!

Rachel - No worries, doc said it was ok to go to work & play it by ear. What he wants me to do is continue to monitor the contractions and if there is no real change, there is no need to worry. He doesn't feel I need to be laying down all day. He said modified bed rest at best, but he feels I will do fine with sitting behind a desk so long as I don't overdo it with the walking and being on my feet. So far it's working out ok, but sitting for too many hours somehow does get to me, so I am recongnizing how long I am good in the office...4 hours is really my max without causing contractions to increase a bit. Either way, they haven't hit 6+ an hour in the office. However, they have gone up to 5 an hour for more than 3 hours in a row when I am up too long. So far I have not had to take the terbutaline, so all is good. Jace is not going anywhere any time soon. I do hope that my labor will be fast & fairly easy since I'm so used to strong contractions!!

Rhonda- thanks! I'm doing well and enjoying my pregnancy. A friend has asked if she can help me decorate her nursery in exchange for using the pictures on her website (she's starting a design/custom textile website). I'm thrilled to have the help and have sent her my ideas. Hopeing to get cracking on the nursery soon. Glad you're enjoying being back at work! Glad time is once again passing quickly for you. Praying for you and Jace everyday.

Sylvia-how exciting you're putting the crib together this weekend! Have fun. And it's good to know I'm not the only one still picking names. And I guess you're right. We'll just have to meet the baby and see what fits best.

Rachel- sorry the LO isn't turning. 12 days left, huh? Well, I hope you can get lots of rest beforeshe arrives. I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful little girl.

Sarah- how are you feeling? Hope all is going well for you.

AFM- I got a call from my peri last week that we hit a marker in our quad screening. We tested 1/160 for downs. He said not to worry because after our two 3D ultrasunds, he was dropping our chances to 1/530. But that under CA law we had to be notified if we hit under 1/200 in our quad. We qualified for a free ultrasound and genetic counseling. We went in on Monday. The genetic counselor said that for my age (38) I was automatically expected to test at 1/147 for downs and my bloodwork was 1/160, so my bloodwork was bettter than average. After another intense u/s, the doctor confirmed he dropped our chances to 1/530. We hit no pysical markers for downs (arms & legs are normal, nose is normal, middle knuckle in both pinkies is present, liver measures normally & nuchal fold measures normally). He does not recommend an amnio for us and doesn't think we need to worry, so I'm relieved. A very scary few days. Sorrry I didn't post this while it was happening. But I wanted to know what we were dealing with first. Jusst praying the doctor is right.