Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Post IVF

YES! Happy New Year to all my girls! 2011 is already a wonderful and blessed year for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Soooo...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I just want to toast all my post-IVF/STC girls because we have been through hell and back, but guess what? It paid off and we all had a great 2010 with our news of pregnancy. So, here's a toast to 2010 as we say goodbye and welcome our new lives in 2011 with our LO's!!
    Well said, Rhonda! Happy New Years, girls!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    YES! Happy New Year to all my girls! 2011 is already a wonderful and blessed year for all of us!

You look beautiful! I love that belly!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Love the pic!! You look awesome!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    You look beautiful! I love that belly!
    Love the pic!! You look awesome!
    Thanks. You girls are way too generous! I was so,so tired when he took my picture that night. You can so see it too! I feel giant sometimes....then I realize I have like 2 1/2 months to go!

How is everyone doing/feeling these days? I want to see belly pictures from you too!

You look fabulous!

I hope everyone had a great NYE! We were asleep by 10:30, so missed the festivities!

Here's to a fabulous 2011 for all of you ladies!!! So excited that we will all get to meet our babies before too long!!!
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

Cute pic, Sarah!!! You're coming along!! The boys will be here in no time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, ladies! I'm so excited our LOs will be here THIS YEAR! I can't wait.

I had my 20 week scan yesterday. The dr said everything looked very good, yay! So now I go back in 6 and 12 weeks for follow-up u/s. This is only because of my age. Then after I will be going weekly, again my age.

Hope everyone else is doing fine!

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    I had my 20 week scan yesterday. The dr said everything looked very good, yay! So now I go back in 6 and 12 weeks for follow-up u/s. This is only because of my age. Then after I will be going weekly, again my age.

Congratulations Sylvia! That's great news! It's great to hear that the baby is doing so well. And congrats on being 20 weeks - how exciting!

Smile hello!!

May i join you ladies?? I have struggled with infertility and now god has blessed us with this beautiful sticky baby through ivf.I had 2 fresh and one frozen but got lucky on the 2nd fresh last September.I have my ob follow up tomorrow and level 2 scan next week Friday.
    Am 32 years old and this will be my first child.

Hope you all are doing great too.
    Thanks for having me!!!!
    [COLOR="Purple"]Alexandria, RIP(33 weeks 4/15/2011) Forever in our heart.
    TTC since 2004
    M/C may 2009

Ha! I found you guys!!! Lol. I was wondering why the Ivf sisters page was completely empty. How are you all doing? I miss you all so much. I want all the details here ladies. Rhonda, how far along are you now?

I'm so happy we have all moved on and gotten knocked up! About time darn it!

Anyone going to find out the gender? :-)

Wow! Cakegal, 2 boys? Awww congrats mommy!

and Rachel, OMG a little girl?? Awwww! I'm so happy for you! You go momma!

Quote Originally Posted by YUKON LADY View Post
    May i join you ladies?? I have struggled with infertility and now god has blessed us with this beautiful sticky baby through ivf.I had 2 fresh and one frozen but got lucky on the 2nd fresh last September.I have my ob follow up tomorrow and level 2 scan next week Friday.

Thanks for having me!!!!
    Welcome! Glad you finally have our BFP! Good luck with your OB appointment tomorrow - KUP on your progress.

I'm 38 and this is my first pregnancy too.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgirl View Post
    Ha! I found you guys!!! Lol. I was wondering why the Ivf sisters page was completely empty. How are you all doing? I miss you all so much. I want all the details here ladies. Rhonda, how far along are you now?

I'm so happy we have all moved on and gotten knocked up! About time darn it!

Anyone going to find out the gender? :-)
    Hiya Dena!

Hi Dena! How's our little guy? How was his 1st Christmas?

Welcome Yukon Lady & Congrats on the BFP and getting ready for baby #1!

Sylvia, YAY! for a superb 20w scan. One good thing about AMA is all the extra scans!!

AFM: Today is 23 weeks!!! Woo hoo!! So close to 24w and soon to be counting down to DD!! We are aiming for 38w for this little guy to make his grand entrance. Between my acupuncturist and prenatal massage therapist, I am positive they will get us naturally induced on 4/21 and hoping we have a Good Friday baby the next morning!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 01-06-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Sylvia, YAY! for a superb 20w scan. One good thing about AMA is all the extra scans!!

AFM: Today is 23 weeks!!! Woo hoo!! So close to 24w and soon to be counting down to DD!! We are aiming for 38w for this little guy to make his grand entrance. Between my acupuncturist and prenatal massage therapist, I am positive they will get us naturally induced on 4/21 and hoping we have a Good Friday baby the next morning!
    Sounds like we could be April mommas together, Rhonda!!! You are really moving right along! Does it feel like it's flying by?

Welcome, Yukon Lady!!!
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

for your great scan! Half way there, mama!!

Thanks for having me!!!!
    Welcome and congratulations!

Wow! Cakegal, 2 boys? Awww congrats mommy!

and Rachel, OMG a little girl?? Awwww! I'm so happy for you! You go momma!
    Hi Dena! Thanks!! How's your little munchkin doing?

Hooray!!! We're all moving along so quickly! Why are you aiming for 38 weeks? Do you need to deliver early, or is it because there is a chance you will and you want to make it at least that far? I'm confused, as always.

AFM - I had a hospital tour yesterday and I'm all booked in for when the time comes. It's getting so real!! Now I just need to get my act together in the next 9 weeks. On the one hand it sounds like a lot of time, but every week flies by that I know it will be here in no time!!

Thanks for having me!!!!
    Congrats and welcome! I am 43 years old and this is my first

That is so exciting that you are almost 24 weeks. You must be feeling lots of kicks and rolls now! So why are you going for 4/21, I thought your due date was in May?

I do enjoy the extra peeks at the little one!

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    for your great scan! Half way there, mama!!

Hooray!!! We're all moving along so quickly! Why are you aiming for 38 weeks? Do you need to deliver early, or is it because there is a chance you will and you want to make it at least that far? I'm confused, as always.

AFM - I had a hospital tour yesterday and I'm all booked in for when the time comes. It's getting so real!! Now I just need to get my act together in the next 9 weeks. On the one hand it sounds like a lot of time, but every week flies by that I know it will be here in no time!!
    OMG! You are so close now. Yes the time will fly by, and I imagine the last few weeks you won't want to do a whole lot!

Congrats, Rhonda!!! You're getting closer. A Good Friday baby would be wonderful!

:

Wow - a hospital tour sounds so exciting! Do you have a lot left to do to get ready for your little girl's arrival?

I know it's silly but I just can't believe we're all so far along! Rachel,you'll be the first (that's because I refuse to be the one to go first) And then we'll all be one after the other! WOW! Babies, babies, babies!!

I feel like I'm getting nothing done toward the babies room. So tired all the time! I have my first shower(well,second. I was thrown a small surprise shower last week!)on the 5th of February and then one on the 12th too. I think once I get some of the things I need I'll have more instinctive to get crackin'....not that babies alone are not enough

Hope everyone is doing well! How is everyone with their glucose tests? I failed mine

OMG! You are so close now. Yes the time will fly by, and I imagine the last few weeks you won't want to do a whole lot!
    I know!! Crazy!

Wow - a hospital tour sounds so exciting! Do you have a lot left to do to get ready for your little girl's arrival?
    The tour was great - it's nice to be able to visualize how everything looks so I'm not surprised when I get there. I'm getting closer on having the baby stuff together. A friend lent me a zillion baby toys, play mats, bouncie things and 0-9 mos sleepers and onesies, so I'm all set on all of that. I'm so happy not to have to invest much money in clothes that are going to be outgrown by the week. Of course, once she comes I'll be for sure going nuts buying cute outfits, but for the basics, hand-me-downs are fine by me! She lent me her breast pump, too. Just need to get a bed and some blankets, bottles, etc. And do a million things and get tons of work stuff in order.. I still have energy, thankfully, so I'm going to go strong as long as possible!

I know it's silly but I just can't believe we're all so far along! Rachel,you'll be the first (that's because I refuse to be the one to go first) And then we'll all be one after the other! WOW! Babies, babies, babies!!

I feel like I'm getting nothing done toward the babies room. So tired all the time! I have my first shower(well,second. I was thrown a small surprise shower last week!)on the 5th of February and then one on the 12th too. I think once I get some of the things I need I'll have more instinctive to get crackin'....not that babies alone are not enough

Hope everyone is doing well! How is everyone with their glucose tests? I failed mine
    You might just be before me, lady!! We'll see! I passed my glucose test, but oddly they do it differently here.. I didn't have to drink the sweet stuff beforehand, I just took a blood test. Everyone on APA talks about the stuff you have to drink first, but that wasn't even mentioned for me. Maybe it's different countries, different protocols? I am getting consultant care at the top maternity hospital in the country, so I'm assuming they know what they are doing. But it's still odd that so many things here are so different than in the states. I have to ask about it at my appt this week, but I'm sure my dr will say what she always says, which is to stop reading so much on the internet!

How are you feeling? Are you suffering from rib pain, too? I imagine all your organs are pushed up into your ribs, too. Mine kills! I know it will be really uncomfortable once the baby drops, but I can't wait to not have the chest pain anymore!
    Last edited by rss73; 01-09-2011 at 04:31 PM.

The tour was great - it's nice to be able to visualize how everything looks so I'm not surprised when I get there. I'm getting closer on having the baby stuff together. A friend lent me a zillion baby toys, play mats, bouncie things and 0-9 mos sleepers and onesies, so I'm all set on all of that. I'm so happy not to have to invest much money in clothes that are going to be outgrown by the week. Of course, once she comes I'll be for sure going nuts buying cute outfits, but for the basics, hand-me-downs are fine by me! She lent me her breast pump, too. Just need to get a bed and some blankets, bottles, etc. And do a million things and get tons of work stuff in order.. I still have energy, thankfully, so I'm going to go strong as long as possible!
    I think it's great to borrow as much as of the new born stuff as you can. They do grow out of it so quickly - smart cookie to save your money. Hopefully you'll get your work stuff all sorted out, so you can focus when the baby comes. Glad your energy is holding out!

Hey ladies...

Little fatty is great... thanks for asking. He is so much fun now that he doesnt have colic anymore. I love every moment with him. and his babbling, omg, he cracks me up! I get to go home soon and feed him big boy food. yipee! Christmas was good. Just exhausting so we will not be doing the whole visiting all day long thing on holidays anymore. lol.

Rhonda, I cant believe how hot you look in your FB pic with the afro snowman. lol. Love your little adorable belly momma! :-) Did you find out the gender? OMG, you are more than half way there honey. WOOHOO!

Michele, how are you doing lately? When is your 2nd trimester scan?

Rach and cakegal... omg, you 2 are soooo close now! Rach, get off your booty and finish things up momma. You will NOT want to move once you hit 36-37 wks. lol. I know I couldnt even move anymore because my fatty was so heavy. lol. Go get moving and get your stuff done. Have you decorated yet? If so, I am demanding pics. :-)

AFM- we had a great 20 week ultrasound a week ago. DD and her best friend got to go and everyone at the doctors office thought both girls were mine. They were so funny guessing at what they were seeing on the monitor. Baby boy didn't want to cooperate and kept putting his arms over his face so we only got one good picture. I'll have to attach it later when I'm home. I've worked all week and I'm pretty tired. baby moves and kicks daily now. I love that feeling. he's so active.
    WOOHOO! I found it! lol. Congrats momma with the wonderful boy news. YAY! Have you chosen a name yet or have some picked out? I want details of your decorating plans. I love decorating and love our nursery. It's my favorite part of our house. lol. I cant wait to see your little guy.

Hey ladies...

Little fatty is great... thanks for asking. He is so much fun now that he doesnt have colic anymore. I love every moment with him. and his babbling, omg, he cracks me up! I get to go home soon and feed him big boy food. yipee! Christmas was good. Just exhausting so we will not be doing the whole visiting all day long thing on holidays anymore. lol.

Rhonda, I cant believe how hot you look in your FB pic with the afro snowman. lol. Love your little adorable belly momma! :-) Did you find out the gender? OMG, you are more than half way there honey. WOOHOO!

Rach and cakegal... omg, you 2 are soooo close now! Rach, get off your booty and finish things up momma. You will NOT want to move once you hit 36-37 wks. lol. I know I couldnt even move anymore because my fatty was so heavy. lol. Go get moving and get your stuff done. Have you decorated yet? If so, I am demanding pics. :-)
    Hey Dena! I have a OB appt on 1/27 (I think with a scan) and then another NT screening on 2/4. My DH & I are still debating on whether to find out what we're having or if we should be surprised. I can't seem to make up my mind. Everyone says we're having a boy, which is weird since I think we're having a girl. Thanks for all the info you sent on diapers, etc. Still fitting into my normal jeans (barely) and will probably move to preggie jeans in a few weeks. Glad you, Andy and Lucas are doing so well. Hope Lucas gets the hang of his sleeping schedule soon and lets you get some rest. Hang in there mama!

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    Sounds like we could be April mommas together, Rhonda!!! You are really moving right along! Does it feel like it's flying by?
    That would be really cool...for me time doesn't go fast enough only because I'm so anxious to hold my little guy!

I don't need to deliver at 38 weeks, but that is full term and I have no reason to want to go beyond that! I know my little guy will be fully developed and fine to be out in the world with his parents & big sister, so I'm not waiting a single day more than I need to if I can help it! I just pray (if I even need it) that the acupuncture and prenatal massage induce labor as planned on Thursday night. With my DD I went into labor in my 37th week, only a couple of days out from 38 weeks. However, because I wasn't dilating with the contractions, they decided to give me pitocin. That was pretty awful so I am planning on doing it with measures that will not cause me extra pain.

I can't wait for a hospital tour. You better have your act together in the next 6 weeks just in case. Don't plan on making it to 40 even though you could go over your EDD. It's best to be prepared by week 37 with hospital bags packed! You are soooooo close Rachael!

Congrats and welcome! I am 43 years old and this is my first

That is so exciting that you are almost 24 weeks. You must be feeling lots of kicks and rolls now! So why are you going for 4/21, I thought your due date was in May?

I do enjoy the extra peeks at the little one!

Yep, my EDD is 5/5 and I am planning on an intervention 2 weeks before. The last 4 weeks of pregnancy are like the worst because you are so big and so tired of being big and just want to have your baby, so I plan to cut that time down a bit as I stated above, it's perfectly safe and many docs will induce at 38 weeks.

Congrats, Rhonda!!! You're getting closer. A Good Friday baby would be wonderful!

Thanks I thought so too!!

How cool is that! I guess most women pregnant with multiples have the early showers, just in case they go in the early part of 3rd trimester. I'm so excited for you, but you better get crackin for sure!! You will hopefully at least make it to 34 weeks, but you should be ready before that. I'm sure you hear that from your OB!! LOL Sorry you failed the glucose test. I take mine on Tuesday next week. I sure hope I pass. I started out a bit heavy on this pregnancy and I've gained 18 pounds so far, but I don't see it when I look in the mirror!! Hopefully my bad eating hasn't affected my pregnancy health and I'm holding it together. If not, I suppose they will make me watch my diet better. You can't help it...you're carrying two and isn't it more common for the glucose to be outside of normal in a multiple pregnancy because of the weight gain?

I love seeing your adorable pics on FB and I love watching him grow! He's beautiful!! Yes, I'm 24 weeks on Thursday!! I'm very pleased with my pregnancy so far.

WOOHOO! I found it! lol. Congrats momma with the wonderful boy news. YAY! Have you chosen a name yet or have some picked out? I want details of your decorating plans. I love decorating and love our nursery. It's my favorite part of our house. lol. I cant wait to see your little guy.
    Yes, a wonderful little boy! We are considering Jackson (nickname "Jax"), but not settled yet. I will put pics on FB of the nursery as we start moving along. Just in the planning phase for now.

Ok, I really have to get my act together and order a bed or something!! I feel so disorganized! We aren't setting up a nursery just yet, even though we have a room for it, but that room is currently my office and I need to keep working as long as possible. The baby is going to sleep in the master bedroom in the beginning anyway.

I had an appointment yesterday with the 32 week scan. We couldn't see much detail of her because she was smashed in there. Everything looks great - heart, brain, etc, etc, but one problem - she's breech! It is still early and they are hoping she will flip, but I have to go back in 5 weeks for another scan to see if she's flipped or not. After the scan my OB was feeling my stomach and said it feels 'very tight' and it would be difficult to manually flip her as it is.. They said to hold off on any exercises to get her to flip now since she could flip on her own and then back again (theoretically). If she doesn't flip by 37 weeks and they can't manually flip her it's going to be a c-section. As much as I just want it all to happen naturally (plus epidural!), the thought of a c-section is now actually a little enticing. I don't particularly want the extra recovery time or infection risk, but the thought of knowing exactly when she's going to be born is very appealing!! But, that would be 7 weeks from now, instead of theoretically 8+.

YIKES!!

Also, she already weighs approximately 3 pounds 15 oz.. How cute!! And my rib pain is because her head is jabbing up into my rib cage -- another reason she needs to flip around!
    Last edited by rss73; 01-13-2011 at 03:49 AM.

How cool is that! I guess most women pregnant with multiples have the early showers, just in case they go in the early part of 3rd trimester. I'm so excited for you, but you better get crackin for sure!! You will hopefully at least make it to 34 weeks, but you should be ready before that. I'm sure you hear that from your OB!! LOL Sorry you failed the glucose test. I take mine on Tuesday next week. I sure hope I pass. I started out a bit heavy on this pregnancy and I've gained 18 pounds so far, but I don't see it when I look in the mirror!! Hopefully my bad eating hasn't affected my pregnancy health and I'm holding it together. If not, I suppose they will make me watch my diet better. You can't help it...you're carrying two and isn't it more common for the glucose to be outside of normal in a multiple pregnancy because of the weight gain?

Yes, a wonderful little boy! We are considering Jackson (nickname "Jax"), but not settled yet. I will put pics on FB of the nursery as we start moving along. Just in the planning phase for now.
    I like the name Jackson. We thought about the using that name too. I'm a big Jack Benny fan. I honestly think they will NEVER have names at this point though.

OK Rhonda,I just want you to know that as I read your post I almost had a heart attach!! 34 WEEKS IS ONLY 6 WEEKS AWAY!! I feel soooooo panicky now! I mean we're not even done with birthing class or baby showers or even have names....I've GOT to get cracking!

See,I'm totally worried to because I had an u/s yesterday and A weighs 3.3 and B 2.12,they are getting too big because of my GD. Also A is using my bladder as a beanbag chair,so it's breach all the way for us right now. Pretty sure I'll be put on shots starting Monday. Everything feels like it's about to get really complicated!

Hope everyone is feel well!

OK Rhonda,I just want you to know that as I read your post I almost had a heart attach!! 34 WEEKS IS ONLY 6 WEEKS AWAY!! I feel soooooo panicky now! I mean we're not even done with birthing class or baby showers or even have names....I've GOT to get cracking!

See,I'm totally worried to because I had an u/s yesterday and A weighs 3.3 and B 2.12,they are getting too big because of my GD. Also A is using my bladder as a beanbag chair,so it's breach all the way for us right now. Pretty sure I'll be put on shots starting Monday. Everything feels like it's about to get really complicated!

Hope everyone is feel well!
    I don't want you to freak out, but I'm glad I'm not the only one! Just keep telling yourself - it will all come together. If everything isn't in place before they come, it will all come together afterwards. That's what I keep saying.

What do you mean you will be put on shots on Monday? For what?