Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Post IVF

Default Milestone!!!

Today we are exactly half way there!! 20 weeks - YAY. I can't wait to see our baby at the scan next week with our DD. This is going to be such a special moment!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Today we are exactly half way there!! 20 weeks - YAY. I can't wait to see our baby at the scan next week with our DD. This is going to be such a special moment!
    What day is your scan? The 21st? I can't wait for the update.

I hit 28 weeks yesterday - third trimester - OMG! It's the homestretch!!!

Congrats Rhonda!!! That is so exciting!
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1). September 2014: TTC #3!

So... I think I must be totally bipolar... After trying for so long to get pg, now I finally am, and you would think I would just be totally thrilled about becoming a parent. Instead I'm starting to worry about what will happen after the baby is born -- specifically, not being able to travel, not being able to see my friends as much, not having "date night" with DH, etc. We have no family in town, so I'm not sure who we will be able to use as a babysitter after he is born. I have always known I wanted to have kids, but I am totally starting to freak out about losing my independence! And then I feel bad for feeling this way. What is wrong with me??? Ugh

Thanks for listening to my rant of the day.

Rhonda and Rachel, congrats on reaching big milestones!

Katie, I think it is common to feel a bit nervous and overwhelmed with having a baby. After all this is probably one of the biggest life changing events.

Right now I am running around like a crazy woman getting ready for the holidays!

So my NT screening on Friday went perfectly! The baby measured perfectly and there were no defects and no signs of defects to come. BIG SIGH! Very excited. They were unable to do any blood work, since the 2nd sac is still visible and it will throw off the tests. So we'll take a 19 week NT screening and hope it has disappeared. (We're ski[[ing the 16 week, since we won't do anything f an abnormality pops up and I get way too nervous before the screening). I can't believe there is a little person in there! It was moving around constantly and I felt bad because it was moving in the wrong direction, so the nurse kept poking my belly. The baby looked pissed!

Rhonda - Congrats on reaching 20 weeks!!! Amazing!

Rachel - You're in the home stretch - congratulations!!!

Katie - I think it's only natural to have those thoughts and worries. You're fine and not crazy. It will be a challenge to schedule around the baby, but you'll be able to do it and still do the things you want.

Sylvia - I'm glad I'm not the only one in a Christmas hurry! I was supposed to go shopping on Friday and finish up, but y DH's car broke down so instead I spend the day shuttling him around and then we were in San Diego this weekend. Hoping to finish up today or tomorrow. Good luck!
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 12-20-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    So... I think I must be totally bipolar... After trying for so long to get pg, now I finally am, and you would think I would just be totally thrilled about becoming a parent. Instead I'm starting to worry about what will happen after the baby is born -- specifically, not being able to travel, not being able to see my friends as much, not having "date night" with DH, etc. We have no family in town, so I'm not sure who we will be able to use as a babysitter after he is born. I have always known I wanted to have kids, but I am totally starting to freak out about losing my independence! And then I feel bad for feeling this way. What is wrong with me??? Ugh

Katie, I totally know.. I'm all excited for the LO to make an appearance, and I've started reading the post-natal books and everything is overwhelming! How does BFing work? How do you know if the baby is too hot or cold? What to dress it in to maintain ideal temperature? When to go to the DR? Not to mention knowing what the right signs are for labor, because I live about an hour from the hospital that I plan to deliver at!!! It can make you all nuts! I don't know anyone really by me, and most of my friends are the non-baby set anyway, so it's kind of just us. I'm trying to make friends in my ante-natal yoga, etc, classes so I know someone with a baby! I'm not a great networker, though, so being the first to 'make a move' does not come easily for me! I just have faith it will all work out just fine...

As for date nights and whatnot, we have been traveling a lot this fall and going out to dinner very regularly. I booked us to see the symphony a couple times and also plan to squeeze in as many movies as possible. I don't plan on being cut off from travel when the baby comes, but it will all just require better planning.. Oh, another thing, I had my three best friends fly in to spend a week with me recently so that we could have our 'last hurrah' before the baby comes. It was great..

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    Rhonda and Rachel, congrats on reaching big milestones!

Right now I am running around like a crazy woman getting ready for the holidays!
    Thanks! Good luck with your holiday preparations!

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    So my NT screening on Friday went perfectly! The baby measured perfectly and there were no defects and no signs of defects to come. BIG SIGH! Very excited. They were unable to do any blood work, since the 2nd sac is still visible and it will throw off the tests. So we'll take a 19 week NT screening and hope it has disappeared. (We're ski[[ing the 16 week, since we won't do anything f an abnormality pops up and I get way too nervous before the screening). I can't believe there is a little person in there! It was moving around constantly and I felt bad because it was moving in the wrong direction, so the nurse kept poking my belly. The baby looked pissed!

Rachel - You're in the home stretch - congratulations!!!
    Hooray for a great u/s! They can be so reassuring!!

AFM - We tried getting a 3D u/s AGAIN today and this little girl would not cooperate!! She was bent in half with both feet and both hands in her face!!! It was cute seeing her shaped like that, but we couldn't get a decent image of her face at all. Argh! I guess I just have to wait it out, because the next time I have a chance to try again will be too late (or they don't recommend after 30 weeks because they are too smushed in there).

Michelle, congrats on the great scan. I did the 16 week and it made me crazy. Then the dr suggested a AFP test and I foolishly did it. I did not hear anything (no news, good news?) It is all so confusing, what to do and what to skip. I still have shopping to do also! Ugh!!!

Rachel, we have done the same thing this year. We try to go out to dinner more often. I also got a series of tix to the orchestra, and we are planning a weekend getaway to DC. We figure also we will be a bit more homebound after the baby.

Most of our friends have older children (as in hs and college age) but they are excited to have a baby around.

It will be an adjustment but one I look forward to!!

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Hooray for a great u/s! They can be so reassuring!!

AFM - We tried getting a 3D u/s AGAIN today and this little girl would not cooperate!! She was bent in half with both feet and both hands in her face!!! It was cute seeing her shaped like that, but we couldn't get a decent image of her face at all. Argh! I guess I just have to wait it out, because the next time I have a chance to try again will be too late (or they don't recommend after 30 weeks because they are too smushed in there).
    Thanks! Sorry you couldn't get a good pic of your little girl in the u/s. But it's great you got to see her acrobatics - now you know what she's doing in there when she's kicking.

Michelle, congrats on the great scan. I did the 16 week and it made me crazy. Then the dr suggested a AFP test and I foolishly did it. I did not hear anything (no news, good news?) It is all so confusing, what to do and what to skip. I still have shopping to do also! Ugh!!!

Rachel, we have done the same thing this year. We try to go out to dinner more often. I also got a series of tix to the orchestra, and we are planning a weekend getaway to DC. We figure also we will be a bit more homebound after the baby.

Most of our friends have older children (as in hs and college age) but they are excited to have a baby around.

It will be an adjustment but one I look forward to!!
    Thanks, Sylvia. It IS hard to know what you should do and what you can skip. But since we we want this baby no matter what, the peri said that there was really no need for the 16 week test. If we had tested positive for some markers, I might want to do it, but since so far we haven't, I think the less stress, the better.

I finished my shopping, but now need to help my DH out since he's trapped at work and hasn't finished his. I hope you got yours finished, Sylvia!

Rhonda, did you have your 20 week scan?

Can you believe it! Already! So happy for you!
    We want to know how that scan went!

I hit 28 weeks yesterday - third trimester - OMG! It's the homestretch!!!
    Moving right along! You'll have your sweet little girl here in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post

I think it's totally natural for you to feel this way. I know I do,and yeah,I'm kind of embarrassed about it. Just like when I said I'd be happy to have morning sickness all day if I could just be pregnant. We're human. We get scared of the unknown. Don't worry though,you'll still be able to do things that are important to you. You'll make time. But on the other hand,your priorities will change too. I used to think that was silly talk but I,myself,already feel it. I have seen it in my cousin who said she never wanted kids and is now absolutely over the moon in love with her 6 month old daughter. Rant all you want. We've all been in the same boat at one time or another.

So glad everything looked good! I can't believe you're so far along already!

Ok, forget about waiting...I've waited TOO LONG for this pregnancy and I refuse to believe anything can go wrong at this point, so I am confident enough to start my baby registries, especially knowing we are having a boy. This is something me & DD can do together and I know her being involved will make her feel even more a part of this process. She has been very jealous lately of little things like even my signature on this site - used to have her birthday banner and picture and now it shows the baby instead. I have to fix that, but I thought it probably wouldn't let me have two tickers. However, I've seen lots of women with two tickers so I'm gonna work on that today so she won't feel like she isn't still the most important thing in my world. She's rotten in that she has always had my heart 100% and now she has to share it. There's plenty of room in my heart for 2 or more!!

Ok, so I'm also ready to paint the room we plan to use as a nursery and pick out patterns over the next month. We don't plan to buy the crib/dresser set until Feb, but we can start shopping for it now to make a decision. Where is everyone else with regards to nursery plans, furniture shopping, registries, etc. ?
    I can totally understand her jealousy. My Mom had my littlest brother when I was almost 19. Yeah,it's a little embarrassing but I'll admit that I was jealous of him. I sort of felt like even though we were getting older(my other brother is only 18 months younger than me)and moving on that we kind of weren't good enough for her any more. It was really surreal for me that MY Mom,who took care of me when I was little and who I had grown up sharing with my brother was replacing us. It's not really so. And I know that's not what you are doing. And the fact that I was 19 didn't make a difference. It's just after so many years there is an adjustment period. It's only natural. She'll love that little boy and spoil him just as much as anyone else! She'll be a great help to you too,but it may take a little bit for everything to sink in. The fact that you are catching the jealousy now and can work on it before he gets here will only help you make a better transfer to such a big change. That being said,I won't lie,I still get a little annoyed and a weird tinge of odd jealousy when I see some of the unfairness of how he gets to be raised. Just one of those unavoidable things especially when there is such an age gap. OK,I'll shut up now. I feel I'm just rambling and saying nothing of value. Like I said she'll really love him!

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    So glad everything looked good! I can't believe you're so far along already!
    Thanks! We're really happy it went well and we're finally relaxing a little bit. How are you feeling?

Thanks! We're really happy it went well and we're finally relaxing a little bit. How are you feeling?
    Yeah,I remember 13 weeks being such a relief too!

I'm tired all the time and can't really get up off of the floor or bend over very well,but other than that fine!

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Yeah,I remember 13 weeks being such a relief too!

I'm tired all the time and can't really get up off of the floor or bend over very well,but other than that fine!
    lol! Well, hang in there! And try to stay off the floor if you can! Glad everything is going well.

Hiya, just wanted to share a photo from the 3D ultrasound. There's a little person in there!! I've been trying to upload it as my profile picture and the upload keeps failing. Anyone else having trouble uploading photos? It is 99X86 pixels and should work, but it refuses to upload.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hiya, just wanted to share a photo from the 3D ultrasound. There's a little person in there!! I've been trying to upload it as my profile picture and the upload keeps failing. Anyone else having trouble uploading photos? It is 99X86 pixels and should work, but it refuses to upload.
    So cute!!! It's a little baba baby!!!! Are you going to find out the gender or let it be a surprise? When is your next scan? Are they going to keep giving them to you regularly? I hope so!!

So cute!!! It's a little baba baby!!!! Are you going to find out the gender or let it be a surprise? When is your next scan? Are they going to keep giving them to you regularly? I hope so!!
    That's our current debate. They said they could have told us last week, but we didn't realize they could tell us so early, so we didn't find out. We've been waiting to reach the 3 month mark and haven't discussed anything at all, including will we find out. I have a scan on 12/30 and another 3D scan on 2/4. So we are going to do some serious talking and figure out what we're going to do. I think we'll end up finding out since it will be easier to plan. I'll now only be having scans I think once a month at my OB appt, since we made it through the first 12 weeks. I miss seeing the baby so much, but I can't wait to start feeling the baby move. When did you first feel you LO move?

How are you feeling, Rachel? Ready for Christmas?

That's our current debate. They said they could have told us last week, but we didn't realize they could tell us so early, so we didn't find out. We've been waiting to reach the 3 month mark and haven't discussed anything at all, including will we find out. I have a scan on 12/30 and another 3D scan on 2/4. So we are going to do some serious talking and figure out what we're going to do. I think we'll end up finding out since it will be easier to plan. I'll now only be having scans I think once a month at my OB appt, since we made it through the first 12 weeks. I miss seeing the baby so much, but I can't wait to start feeling the baby move. When did you first feel you LO move?

How great that you have a scan next week and the week after! I love it!

I didn't feel the baby until 19w5d..or at least that is when I was sure. I had moments of thinking I felt something for a few weeks before, but I can't say that it wasn't all in my imagination! After the first 'real' kicks, it was scattered, not consistent at all until weeks later. Now it's very regular, so long as I'm sitting still I usually feel something!

I'm definitely ready for Christmas as I have nothing to do other than show up at a party!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

I have just recently felt what is a tiny flutter, tickly feeling. It is really wild. But nothing really strong or regular. I missed the regular u/s also, you get so used to seeing the little one every week. I don't get one til 1/4. Then not sure if anything.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

How great that you have a scan next week and the week after! I love it!

I didn't feel the baby until 19w5d..or at least that is when I was sure. I had moments of thinking I felt something for a few weeks before, but I can't say that it wasn't all in my imagination! After the first 'real' kicks, it was scattered, not consistent at all until weeks later. Now it's very regular, so long as I'm sitting still I usually feel something!

I'm definitely ready for Christmas as I have nothing to do other than show up at a party!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
    Thanks, Rachel! I wondered how you would know the difference between the first movements and, say, gas...I guess you have to wait until it is a pronounced movement. Hope you had fun at your Christmas party!

I have just recently felt what is a tiny flutter, tickly feeling. It is really wild. But nothing really strong or regular. I missed the regular u/s also, you get so used to seeing the little one every week. I don't get one til 1/4. Then not sure if anything.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!
    Congrats, Sylvia! That must be an amazing feeling. That's so exciting! Well, at least 1/4 is just around the corner! And hopefully your OB will tell you when your next scan is. Can't wait to hear about your scan.

I was 19w2d when I was sure I felt it for real, maybe a week or two earlier I thought I felt something but didn't know if that's what it was. I've felt movement every day since then!!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I've been out of town and AWOL but hope to catch up soon.

Default I'm back

Wow I missed a lot!
    Rachel- you are 30 weeks this week. Congrats on reaching the third trimester! It's time for you to learn about. brackson hicks vs. true contractions. Especially with the 1 hour drive to the hospital.
    Katie- you are feeling common concerns. Don't beat yourself up. Can you believe you are already 25 weeks?
    Sylvia- hope all your running around resulted in a wonderful holiday and that you werent too tired to enjoy it! You are almost at the halfway milestone.
    Michele- congrats on the terrific results on the NT scan. I love the 3-D picture!
    Sarah- thanks for sharing your personal story. It helps put things into perspective for me with my daughters feelings. She's been very involved in the nursery planning, registries and naming her baby brother and it is making it easier for her to get excited about having a little brother. I really believe the initial jealously is behind us.

AFM- we had a great 20 week ultrasound a week ago. DD and her best friend got to go and everyone at the doctors office thought both girls were mine. They were so funny guessing at what they were seeing on the monitor. Baby boy didn't want to cooperate and kept putting his arms over his face so we only got one good picture. I'll have to attach it later when I'm home. I've worked all week and I'm pretty tired. baby moves and kicks daily now. I love that feeling. he's so active.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Rhonda,
    Welcome back! It was a fun holiday. We went to by b-i-l's and they hadn't seen me in a month and were amazed at the baby bump.

Glad the scan went well and dd is excited by a baby brother.

Enjoy the nursery planning. I can't wait to start ours.

Sylvia

Wow I missed a lot!
    Rachel- you are 30 weeks this week. Congrats on reaching the third trimester! It's time for you to learn about. brackson hicks vs. true contractions. Especially with the 1 hour drive to the hospital.

AFM- we had a great 20 week ultrasound a week ago. DD and her best friend got to go and everyone at the doctors office thought both girls were mine. They were so funny guessing at what they were seeing on the monitor. Baby boy didn't want to cooperate and kept putting his arms over his face so we only got one good picture. I'll have to attach it later when I'm home. I've worked all week and I'm pretty tired. baby moves and kicks daily now. I love that feeling. he's so active.
    Rhonda - Welcome back! Glad your scan went well and the LO is kicking away. I've already been having BH contractions - almost daily (a few to several a day) - for the last couple weeks. I am constantly reading about real ones versus BH. These don't hurt at all, they just feel tight and strange. The real ones supposedly hurt and are accompanied by pressure and this and that.. Everyone seems to say you will know when it's real, so I'm going to rely on that!

Which brings me back to kicking - Michelle - you will know when it's a real kick versus gas or upset stomach. I thought the same thing - how do you know?! But, it will be a distinctly different feeling. Same with Braxton Hicks.

Rachel - you are getting close girlie! I'm so excited!! Yes, it's true about knowing when you have a real contraction. BH contractions just get you prepared, but nothing can be mistaken for a real contraction. Something we'll never forget.

Ok, so I finally am home with a few minutes to update with our scan from last Monday. He was a bugger and didn't want to let us see his face, but she got one quick snap shot! I also updated my signature with a current pic of DD so you can see how much her baby brother looks like her (and daddy)!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow I missed a lot!
    Katie- you are feeling common concerns. Don't beat yourself up. Can you believe you are already 25 weeks?
    Sylvia- hope all your running around resulted in a wonderful holiday and that you werent too tired to enjoy it! You are almost at the halfway milestone.
    Michele- congrats on the terrific results on the NT scan. I love the 3-D picture!
    Sarah- thanks for sharing your personal story. It helps put things into perspective for me with my daughters feelings. She's been very involved in the nursery planning, registries and naming her baby brother and it is making it easier for her to get excited about having a little brother. I really believe the initial jealously is behind us.

So glad the 20 week scan went well!! And glad your Dd had the chance to be a part of it. Love your new photos!

Rhonda - Welcome back! Glad your scan went well and the LO is kicking away. I've already been having BH contractions - almost daily (a few to several a day) - for the last couple weeks. I am constantly reading about real ones versus BH. These don't hurt at all, they just feel tight and strange. The real ones supposedly hurt and are accompanied by pressure and this and that.. Everyone seems to say you will know when it's real, so I'm going to rely on that!

Which brings me back to kicking - Michelle - you will know when it's a real kick versus gas or upset stomach. I thought the same thing - how do you know?! But, it will be a distinctly different feeling. Same with Braxton Hicks.
    Thanks, Rachel!!

Rachel - you are getting close girlie! I'm so excited!! Yes, it's true about knowing when you have a real contraction. BH contractions just get you prepared, but nothing can be mistaken for a real contraction. Something we'll never forget.

Ok, so I finally am home with a few minutes to update with our scan from last Monday. He was a bugger and didn't want to let us see his face, but she got one quick snap shot! I also updated my signature with a current pic of DD so you can see how much her baby brother looks like her (and daddy)!!
    Fantastic photo of your LO! How is your nursery planning going?

So glad the 20 week scan went well!! And glad your Dd had the chance to be a part of it. Love your new photos!

Fantastic photo of your LO! How is your nursery planning going?
    Thanks I forgot to update everyone with what our LO was measuring at my scan which was at 20w4d. He measured 21 weeks and weighed 14oz. He's growing very nicely!

We have half of the money for our crib/changing table, so I think we will be purchasing next month. Hopefully it can be delivered within 2 weeks of ordering it. That will give us time to get the walls ready, paint and put up border.

Thanks I forgot to update everyone with what our LO was measuring at my scan which was at 20w4d. He measured 21 weeks and weighed 14oz. He's growing very nicely!
    Awww, how sweet!

Your DD is so pretty -- she looks like a mini-you! It's amazing how much older she looks from the previous picture you had posted of her.

Awww, how sweet!

Your DD is so pretty -- she looks like a mini-you! It's amazing how much older she looks from the previous picture you had posted of her.
    Thanks Rachel. She is my mini-me! She is growing up fast these days. The teen years are scary. I feel like I have to stay really close and not miss anything. They can be so daring, yet so fragile. Just want to protect her and give her the tools to get through those tough emotional teen years.

Soooo...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I just want to toast all my post-IVF/STC girls because we have been through hell and back, but guess what? It paid off and we all had a great 2010 with our news of pregnancy. So, here's a toast to 2010 as we say goodbye and welcome our new lives in 2011 with our LO's!!