Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Post IVF

Talking

Hi girls!!! Sorry I've been away so long, but I'm so wrapped up in my new life as mommy to my precious baby boy!! Jace is getting so big and he is still adorable. He has terrible gas and reflux, so feeding and burping time is demanding. He's often hard to go down because of the gas, but we do use the generic Mylicon drops and massage the bubbles. He also takes prescription medication for the reflux. So we have some spit ups, but no longer half of the contents he took in. We are no longer Breastfeeding. He's on a soy formula that seems to agree with him. At his 2 week appt he was almost at his birth weight of 7 lbs 4 oz ( he was actually 7 lbs 2 oz) and 2 weeks later he was 9 lbs 5 oz. Now that he's on straight formula I'm guessing in the past week he's gained another pound! I will post pictures whenever I get a chance to get on the computer.

Right now I'm at my 6 week check up. My best friend is home with my kids.

Michelle - you are so close to becoming a mommy!!! How are you feeling about the end of your pregnancy? I miss rubbing my belly, but I'm glad to have him here and in my arms!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

So glad to hear you are doing well! Six weeks already, wow! Motherhood does take a lot of time. So happy Jace is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Hi girls!!! Sorry I've been away so long, but I'm so wrapped up in my new life as mommy to my precious baby boy!! Jace is getting so big and he is still adorable. He has terrible gas and reflux, so feeding and burping time is demanding. He's often hard to go down because of the gas, but we do use the generic Mylicon drops and massage the bubbles. He also takes prescription medication for the reflux. So we have some spit ups, but no longer half of the contents he took in. We are no longer Breastfeeding. He's on a soy formula that seems to agree with him. At his 2 week appt he was almost at his birth weight of 7 lbs 4 oz ( he was actually 7 lbs 2 oz) and 2 weeks later he was 9 lbs 5 oz. Now that he's on straight formula I'm guessing in the past week he's gained another pound! I will post pictures whenever I get a chance to get on the computer.

Right now I'm at my 6 week check up. My best friend is home with my kids.

Michelle - you are so close to becoming a mommy!!! How are you feeling about the end of your pregnancy? I miss rubbing my belly, but I'm glad to have him here and in my arms!!
    Sorry Jace has had some digestion issues. But I'm glad he's on meds for his reflux and hope he finds some relief! I can't believe it's been six weeks since you delivered. Time really flies!

I'm feeling cumbersome, but still great. I'm carrying just as high as I have been all pregnancy and don't yet have any signs of labor yet. I know I will miss my belly when it's gone, but I'm enjoying it while I can and looking forward to meeting our baby when ever it's ready to come out. Hope your 6 week check up went well. I'll keep you posted.

Oh and remember pinkgirl's baby boy has some reflux issues as well and is on med, too. He seems to be better now that he's got the meds, but she can tell you all the details.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Michelle, i do miss my pregnancy belly! i love having liam here, right now he is snuggled on my chest and that is such a wonderful feeling! But i do miss feeling his kicks, rolls and hiccups! i don't miss the peeing 5x a night, or the awkwardness! Also since this is probably our only pregnancy, i miss it a bit more. So enjoy you last pregnancy weeks! i look forward to welcoming you to the mommy club (though you are already a mom in my book) and seeing you little one!

Thanks, Sylvia! We're not sure if we'll be able to get pregnant again either, which is why I've been savorin every moment of this pregnancy. I know I can't wait to hold our baby in my arms, but I'm definitely enjoying these last couple of weeks!

It is so strange to think less than a year ago we were in the ivf process and now here we are, with our babies or shortly expecting. I am so very thankful to have Liam here, and think what a miracle he is! Maybe because of having gone through so much to get pregnant I also savored every moment.

Oh my gosh, I am sitting here typing and he is sleeping in his carseat and all I hear is the loudest farts and pooping noises! That mixed with the scrunched face are a riot!

Michelle, you are SO close now!!! Sorry I've been MIA so long - I'm beyond busy in my real life, working like crazy at home plus baby so almost never have time to check in, but I'm thinking of you ALL THE TIME!!! Your little pumpkin will be here so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Michelle, you are SO close now!!! Sorry I've been MIA so long - I'm beyond busy in my real life, working like crazy at home plus baby so almost never have time to check in, but I'm thinking of you ALL THE TIME!!! Your little pumpkin will be here so soon.
    Aww, thanks! I'm sure your swamped juggling everything! I can't believe you're already working again. Hello, supsr mom! We're very excited. Just had my exam by my ob this morning. I'm 30 % effaces, at negative 3 and cervix is tightly closed. They will induce on or shortly after my due date (the 29th) if I don't start labor on my own. The baby hasn't dropped really at all, but just enough to land on my sciatic nerve. So I'm limping around, but still swimming/yoga'ing. So I'm just taking the time to do a last minute house clean, baking and cooking for the freezer and napping a ton. I'll let you know when the action starts!

Default Pics of Jace

Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

The last pic is the oldest taken a few weeks ago. The others were taken in the past week. He is such a beautiful baby boy and so fun to watch him grow!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their new babies and/or the last stage of their pregnancies. Miss you girls!!!

Rhonda-I can see the big difference from the last pic to the newer! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow. Enjoy your time with Jace! When do you go back to work (sorry to bring up that topic)?

Rachel- I can't believe you are working already! It seems like just yesterday you were having your baby girl! How is it juggling everything?

Michelle-you are close now! Sorry to hear about the sciatica, hopefully it passes soon!

We are doing fine. Last night Liam slept for a period of about 4.5 hours. When I woke up, my first reaction was "Oh my god, did I miss a feeding??" I didn't, whew, he just slept longer . Hoping it becomes a trend!

I go back to work next week...Tuesday. I'm not ready, but I need to go back.

Jace gets one long nap at night that is anywhere from 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours long. I can't wait for that to turn into a consistent 4+ hour nap and eventually 6 or more hours. Sleep deprivation is no fun.

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Aww, thanks! I'm sure your swamped juggling everything! I can't believe you're already working again. Hello, supsr mom! We're very excited. Just had my exam by my ob this morning. I'm 30 % effaces, at negative 3 and cervix is tightly closed. They will induce on or shortly after my due date (the 29th) if I don't start labor on my own. The baby hasn't dropped really at all, but just enough to land on my sciatic nerve. So I'm limping around, but still swimming/yoga'ing. So I'm just taking the time to do a last minute house clean, baking and cooking for the freezer and napping a ton. I'll let you know when the action starts!
    I am so excited for you that your time is almost here. Did you ever find out what you were having?

Michelle - so sorry to hear about the back pain. I was so miserable the last couple weeks, too, but also excited. You will feel a million times better once the baby is out - and bursting with happy hormones, too. Can't wait!!!

Rhonda - Jace is SOOOO cute!!! OMG, those eyes. What color are they? They are gorgeous! I have brown eyes, but DD has blue eyes and it was so weird for me at first, but now I like them. They might change, as most caucasian babies start out with blue eyes, but I'm getting into it and I wouldn't change her for the world.

Sylvia - Hooray on the night stretches getting longer. My honey is sleeping about 7:30-5a, which is amazing. The first several weeks were not like that, but then I got her on a schedule (thank you Baby Whisperer) around 6 weeks and she has been making it almost all night for a month or so now (15 weeks today). Now if I can just get her to sleep til 7a my life will be golden!!

I hate working, but I have to do it, and luckily I work from home, but still it's hard. I tend to do most of it after she's in bed in the evening so I'm up til midnight or 1a every night.. It's all pretty flexible, but I've had some projects that were time sensitive. I'm only doing a fraction of what I was before, and plan to keep it that way. It should be easier going forward since I am done with the big things I was working on. If I could I wouldn't work at all, but at least I can be at home.

Rachel, it's nice you can work from home. I am sure it is stressful with trying to juggle it all. I also read the Baby Whisperer. I followed her advice for getting Liam into the bassinet, prior he was only sleeping on my chest or dh's. This was not very convenient at night. Now he sleeps in his bassinet in his room. I am glad to hear her advice worked for you.

Rhonda, I know what you mean about sleep deprivation. One night I said to my husband they consider sleep deprivation a form of torture! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Jace sleeps longer stretches! It will be hard to go back to work, but I'm sure your co-workers will be very happy to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    Rhonda-I can see the big difference from the last pic to the newer! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow. Enjoy your time with Jace! When do you go back to work (sorry to bring up that topic)?

Rachel- I can't believe you are working already! It seems like just yesterday you were having your baby girl! How is it juggling everything?

Michelle-you are close now! Sorry to hear about the sciatica, hopefully it passes soon!

We are doing fine. Last night Liam slept for a period of about 4.5 hours. When I woke up, my first reaction was "Oh my god, did I miss a feeding??" I didn't, whew, he just slept longer . Hoping it becomes a trend!
    Thanks, Sylvia. I'm pretty lucky it's only been for about a week. Its not affecting both sides, but the baby hasn't really dropped more, it just seems bigger! Hopefully, it will either drop or worst case scenario, i have twelve days of discomfort. Small price to pay for the baby, so I'm in! But I officially waddle now, which stinks. I've avoided that this whole time...

Congrats on the nice stretch of sleep!!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    I go back to work next week...Tuesday. I'm not ready, but I need to go back.

Jace gets one long nap at night that is anywhere from 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours long. I can't wait for that to turn into a consistent 4+ hour nap and eventually 6 or more hours. Sleep deprivation is no fun.
    Jace is beautiful! I agree with Sylvia, you can definitely see a difference between the last photo and the first few. Sorry you have to head back to work already. I hope the transition goes well for you. We're still trying to see if I can stay home or if I need to go back in the fall. My boss offered me my old job back last week, but I don't know if I'll take it, since it requires me to be on call every day (not worth it as far as I'm concerned), so I'm looking into alternatives just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerlb View Post
    I am so excited for you that your time is almost here. Did you ever find out what you were having?
    Thanks! Yup, only 12 days more or less! Nope, we didn't find out what we're having yet. We're very excited to find out. How are you doing??

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Michelle - so sorry to hear about the back pain. I was so miserable the last couple weeks, too, but also excited. You will feel a million times better once the baby is out - and bursting with happy hormones, too. Can't wait!!!

Rhonda - Jace is SOOOO cute!!! OMG, those eyes. What color are they? They are gorgeous! I have brown eyes, but DD has blue eyes and it was so weird for me at first, but now I like them. They might change, as most caucasian babies start out with blue eyes, but I'm getting into it and I wouldn't change her for the world.

Sylvia - Hooray on the night stretches getting longer. My honey is sleeping about 7:30-5a, which is amazing. The first several weeks were not like that, but then I got her on a schedule (thank you Baby Whisperer) around 6 weeks and she has been making it almost all night for a month or so now (15 weeks today). Now if I can just get her to sleep til 7a my life will be golden!!

I hate working, but I have to do it, and luckily I work from home, but still it's hard. I tend to do most of it after she's in bed in the evening so I'm up til midnight or 1a every night.. It's all pretty flexible, but I've had some projects that were time sensitive. I'm only doing a fraction of what I was before, and plan to keep it that way. It should be easier going forward since I am done with the big things I was working on. If I could I wouldn't work at all, but at least I can be at home.
    Thanks! I know my back will feel better instantly and my diabetes will disappear, but I'll miss my pregnancy. BUT I can't wait to hold our baby! It's great you can work from home, even if it means you have to stay up to 1am to get your job done. It sounds tough, but like a great situation to be in. So glad to hear that your DD is sleeping so well!

Rachel, it's nice you can work from home. I am sure it is stressful with trying to juggle it all. I also read the Baby Whisperer. I followed her advice for getting Liam into the bassinet, prior he was only sleeping on my chest or dh's. This was not very convenient at night. Now he sleeps in his bassinet in his room. I am glad to hear her advice worked for you.

Rhonda, I know what you mean about sleep deprivation. One night I said to my husband they consider sleep deprivation a form of torture! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Jace sleeps longer stretches! It will be hard to go back to work, but I'm sure your co-workers will be very happy to see you.
    OK I'm ordering that book ASAP if you both recommend it. I was wondering about getting the baby on a sleeping schedule and it seems you both have had success after reading this book. Sounds like it's worth looking into!

I just wanted to wish all you ladies a HH9! I'm not on here much anymore, but it's hard to believe that this time last year we were about to attempt our first ivf. Luke is now 2.5 months. They are worth the wait, even though the waiting stinks!! I definitely don't miss that last month of pgcy. I like to be in control of my little man and being on bed rest had me freaked out. Take Care!!
    Happily married mother of 2 boys ages 5 and 1. [IMG][/IMG]

tiggerlb Guest

Michelle- I am good so far hanging in. I did have a spotting episode yesterday went to er and there is a hb @100bpm. Sp I am making it. I cannot wait to see what you are having. I kinda think it may be a little boy. Hopefully you have names picked out for a boy or girl.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerlb View Post
    Michelle- I am good so far hanging in. I did have a spotting episode yesterday went to er and there is a hb @100bpm. Sp I am making it. I cannot wait to see what you are having. I kinda think it may be a little boy. Hopefully you have names picked out for a boy or girl.
    sorry about the spotting yesterday, but yay for a hb!! Good luck with the pregnancy! I hope it goes smoothly. We have a boy's name, still hammering out a girl's name. we'll see soon enough!

Michelle- I can't believe it's only 9 days! You are now in the single digits, yay! I also had a bit of sciatica at the end, it actually went away after a few days. I guess the baby had shifted position and moved off the nerve. The Baby Whisperer definitely worked for us, another book recommended to me was Happiest Baby on the Block. My friend said this book worked for his daughter, it really didn't work for us. But I think different methods work for different babies, so don't get frustrated if one doesn't seem to work.

BTW- After having a period where Liam slept well he then had about 3 nights where he did not want to sleep. Wasn't fussy, just very awake...at 12am...1am...2am... and so on! Whew, wore this mommy out!

Michelle- I can't believe it's only 9 days! You are now in the single digits, yay! I also had a bit of sciatica at the end, it actually went away after a few days. I guess the baby had shifted position and moved off the nerve. The Baby Whisperer definitely worked for us, another book recommended to me was Happiest Baby on the Block. My friend said this book worked for his daughter, it really didn't work for us. But I think different methods work for different babies, so don't get frustrated if one doesn't seem to work.

BTW- After having a period where Liam slept well he then had about 3 nights where he did not want to sleep. Wasn't fussy, just very awake...at 12am...1am...2am... and so on! Whew, wore this mommy out!
    I know! It's actually less than that. My OB said they are going to induce either Monday or Tuesday next week - how exciting is that?? I hope that I can go into labor naturally by then, rather than being induced but either way, it's pretty exciting. I'm 70% effaced, but still not dialated. The baby is still super high (snuggling on that sciatic nerve, apparently).

I've heard of that Happiest Baby on the Block book. Ill try out the Baby Whisperer first and if we have no luck with that, then I'll try it. Getting my nails done tomorrow and doing some more cooking./baking today. The house is all clean and it's so weird to think there will be three of us here next week!!

Sorry Liam's been wearing you out - hopefully you can get some rest soon!

Last weekend Michelle! I was induced and it wasn't bad at all, if you are getting an epidural don't wait to get it after starting the pitocin. The pitocin can bring on the contractions pretty quickly and strong!

AFM- Today we had Liam's doctors appt. At 5 weeks his weight is 9lb9oz and length is 22in, he is now in the 50th percentile for weight and 70th percentile for length. At birth he was less then 10th percentile, so he is growing!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last weekend Michelle! I was induced and it wasn't bad at all, if you are getting an epidural don't wait to get it after starting the pitocin. The pitocin can bring on the contractions pretty quickly and strong!

AFM- Today we had Liam's doctors appt. At 5 weeks his weight is 9lb9oz and length is 22in, he is now in the 50th percentile for weight and 70th percentile for length. At birth he was less then 10th percentile, so he is growing!!

Hope everyone is doing well!
    I am definitely getting an epidural and just to be clear you're saying get it before I get the pitocin, right? I've heard inducing can be very painful, because the contractions come on more quickly and if you're not dilated at all it's like going from 0 to 60. I can't believe this is our last weekend alone before our baby comes home! It's so exciting!!

Congrats on Liam's weight gain! Sounds like he's doing a fantastic job growing!! Can't wait to post pictures of my LO here next week. I'll let you know when the fun starts.

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    I am definitely getting an epidural and just to be clear you're saying get it before I get the pitocin, right? I've heard inducing can be very painful, because the contractions come on more quickly and if you're not dilated at all it's like going from 0 to 60. I can't believe this is our last weekend alone before our baby comes home! It's so exciting!!

Congrats on Liam's weight gain! Sounds like he's doing a fantastic job growing!! Can't wait to post pictures of my LO here next week. I'll let you know when the fun starts.
    Sorry i wasn't clear. The steps for me: were they inserted a balloon the night before to dilate my cervix further (i was 1 cm). that night was a bit uncomfortable with monitors attached and an iv along with a tube hanging out and taped to my leg! sleeping was impossible. by 7:30 am i was 4cm. then the dr broke my water. after that they start the pitocin, anytime after the pitocin you can get the epidural. I got my epidural about 30 min after the pitocin started. yes, i would agree, it can be like going from 0 to 60 in no time flat! btw, the epidural did not hurt at all, and after it the contractions just felt like mild period cramps. the whole delivery is pretty painless. the following few weeks are a bit more uncomfortable when healing. if people tell you horror stories, how hard/painful labor is just ignore them.

for after the delivery...Have lots of maxi pads, like several packages! you have to change it about every 4 hours and the bleeding can last about 2 weeks. though it gets much lighter at the end of 2 weeks. Also, take a baby diaper, pour water in it and freeze it. It can then be used to sit on to help with swelling. Also if you do a few extra diapers frozen you can use them for engorgement/sore nipples for your breasts. And one last tip, get some Colace stool softener. Most women end up with some tearing and stitches (i did) and also hemeroids (yup, i did) which makes having a bm a downright scary prospect!
    these are just a few things i wish i knew ahead and you may already have heard some of this.

if you have any other concerns/questions please let me know! going thru everything the first time you have no idea what to expect.

i am so excited for you!!

Sorry i wasn't clear. The steps for me: were they inserted a balloon the night before to dilate my cervix further (i was 1 cm). that night was a bit uncomfortable with monitors attached and an iv along with a tube hanging out and taped to my leg! sleeping was impossible. by 7:30 am i was 4cm. then the dr broke my water. after that they start the pitocin, anytime after the pitocin you can get the epidural. I got my epidural about 30 min after the pitocin started. yes, i would agree, it can be like going from 0 to 60 in no time flat! btw, the epidural did not hurt at all, and after it the contractions just felt like mild period cramps. the whole delivery is pretty painless. the following few weeks are a bit more uncomfortable when healing. if people tell you horror stories, how hard/painful labor is just ignore them.

for after the delivery...Have lots of maxi pads, like several packages! you have to change it about every 4 hours and the bleeding can last about 2 weeks. though it gets much lighter at the end of 2 weeks. Also, take a baby diaper, pour water in it and freeze it. It can then be used to sit on to help with swelling. Also if you do a few extra diapers frozen you can use them for engorgement/sore nipples for your breasts. And one last tip, get some Colace stool softener. Most women end up with some tearing and stitches (i did) and also hemeroids (yup, i did) which makes having a bm a downright scary prospect!
    these are just a few things i wish i knew ahead and you may already have heard some of this.

if you have any other concerns/questions please let me know! going thru everything the first time you have no idea what to expect.

i am so excited for you!!
    Thanks for going into such detail! I feel so much better knowing what to expect. So far, I have not dilated at all, so I was wondering what they would do to make that happen and haven't had a chance to ask my dr yet. I've already got four packages of heavy duty pads for when we get home, but I will definitely put some wet diapers in the freezer - I hadn't heard that before. And thanks for the tip on the stool softener - I've heard horror tales, but no one really tells you the facts you need to make it work when you get home. Thanks so much, Sylvia!

I think there is also a pill they insert to soften/dilate the cervix.
    so maybe they would use that. Just rest up this weekend, I didn't get much sleep that
    first night.

I think there is also a pill they insert to soften/dilate the cervix.
    so maybe they would use that. Just rest up this weekend, I didn't get much sleep that
    first night.
    I know when I had a D&C last year, they inserted a small roll of seaweed that dilated my cervix over night, so I have experienced some of that pain before. It wasn't comfortable at all, but at least I know what to expect, sort of, for that portion. But this one will have MUCH better results!

Michelle - Any day now!!

Can't wait to hear the news!

Looking for an update! Hope all is going well

Looking for an update! Hope all is going well
    So I'm going into the hospital tonight and they'll give me the pitocin tomorrow. I'm going to hedge my bets and pick up this"maternity" salad at a local restaurant that everyone swears induces labor 6-12 hours after you eat it. (a girl in my yoga just ate it and had her baby 12 hours later). Oh say, should I not eat anything before going into the hospital? I forgot to ask my doc...we're going in at 5pm so not sure if that is meant to keep me from eating dinner or not. I can't believe our baby will be here tomorrow!!! I'm very excited! Just a relaxing day planned of swimming, throwing the last few things in my bag and picking up a salad. The house is prepped, the freezers are filled with food and my sister will be here at 3pm to sit for our poor old dog while we're in the hospital. Our little dachshund has no idea her world will be changed forever tomorrow, lol. I'll keep you posted - can't wait to post pics of our little miracle!