Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Post IVF

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Thanks girls!!! Think happy pleasant thoughts for me tomorrow!! I'm nervous, excited, not sure I will get much sleep, but I'm gonna try! Love you all for your support, friendships and encouragement!!
    You are going to do great - can't wait to hear about his arrival!!! Hope the delivery is speedy and easy!

Hey ladies... Rhonda updated her facebook a few times and here is what she said 11 hours ago:

Update: 15.5 hours into this induction and no baby. It's going to be sometime tomoorw hopefully by noon. Will keep you all posted! Thanks for all the thoughts and concerns!! I'm hanging in there!!!

Then 5 hours ago she said:
    Pitocin has officially started. Now the fun begins!

Good Luck Rhonda!!!! I can't wait to meet baby Jace! :-)

He's here! Look in May due date thread for detail and pic.

Hey Sylvia! Just checking in on you and seeing how you and baby are doing. You're getting close! Hope all is well and that you're comfortable.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

HI Ladies I just found this room!I have not been on apa in a while and it seems lots of changes happened.
    Rhonda I am so happy for the birth of your baby.
    As for me I am now a member of the December due dates

Quote Originally Posted by stacie View Post
    HI Ladies I just found this room!I have not been on apa in a while and it seems lots of changes happened.
    Congrats on your pregnancy, Stacie!

Stacie...that is awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Pics of Jace...

Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Our birth story is not something I really want to relive. I haven't written it at all. It was nothing like I wanted, expected or wished, but our son is here and he is healthy. That is all that matters.
    Along with my low iron and edema (excessive fluid retention) I have post-partum pre-eclampsia. It has been tough breastfeeding, dealing with my BP and edema and trying to get some sleep and enjoy my son. I lost exactly 20 pounds in 7 days...when I came home from hospital I was the exact weight I was when I went in for my induction...183. As of yesterday I was down to 163. Doc says it was all the fluids I had retained. However, I gained 28 pounds with the pregnancy and now I am only 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I am on so many meds it makes me nervous for breastfeeding. I'm trying to hold it together, but it's gettin really hard not to feel emotionally unstable with all the issues.
    Jace has his 2 week well check up on Tuesday morning. I hope we get all good news on how he is doing. I am nervous to hear his weight and whether we are clear of the juandice. I love this little guy so much it brings tears to my eyes just typing his name and putting pictures up. DD is wrapped around his fingers all the chance she gets. I know it's hard for her to concentrate on school with all this excitement. She turns 14 next week...one day after he turns 2 weeks.
    Today is our Wedding Anniversary. I don't have enough energy to go anywhere, so I think we will just stay home and watch a movie and have popcorn. Maybe DH will pick up a nice dinner. I love my family.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Rhonda, he is so sweet!! What a gorgeous baby!! Congratulations!!! I'm sorry it hasn't been easy for you. Even without the extra complications the early weeks never are easy, but I hope his 2 week check-up brings good news and the jaundice clears..and that your pre-eclampsia goes away. It's tough times, but so worth it. I feel the same with DD..I could just cry thinking of how much I love her. Love amplified!!

Happy anniversary, too. A night in sounds just right.

ivfgirl Guest

Default just had pregnancy test today after IVF

This is my second IVF cycle...first one I carried for 14 weeks, but then terminated after baby diagnosed with severe chromosome abnormality. So I go for my second beta level on Monday, and I am already dying here...I won't relax until I get a heart beat, and then even after that until I know its healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Our birth story is not something I really want to relive. I haven't written it at all. It was nothing like I wanted, expected or wished, but our son is here and he is healthy. That is all that matters.
    Along with my low iron and edema (excessive fluid retention) I have post-partum pre-eclampsia. It has been tough breastfeeding, dealing with my BP and edema and trying to get some sleep and enjoy my son. I lost exactly 20 pounds in 7 days...when I came home from hospital I was the exact weight I was when I went in for my induction...183. As of yesterday I was down to 163. Doc says it was all the fluids I had retained. However, I gained 28 pounds with the pregnancy and now I am only 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I am on so many meds it makes me nervous for breastfeeding. I'm trying to hold it together, but it's gettin really hard not to feel emotionally unstable with all the issues.
    Jace has his 2 week well check up on Tuesday morning. I hope we get all good news on how he is doing. I am nervous to hear his weight and whether we are clear of the juandice. I love this little guy so much it brings tears to my eyes just typing his name and putting pictures up. DD is wrapped around his fingers all the chance she gets. I know it's hard for her to concentrate on school with all this excitement. She turns 14 next week...one day after he turns 2 weeks.
    Today is our Wedding Anniversary. I don't have enough energy to go anywhere, so I think we will just stay home and watch a movie and have popcorn. Maybe DH will pick up a nice dinner. I love my family.
    Oh Rhonda, I'm so sorry things have been so tough for you. But I'm thrilled that you have such a beautiful baby boy and such a loving DD & DH at home with you to help you out during this rough patch. Not only was your birth experience tough, but your body has been on a roller coaster every since, which is only adding to the stress and exhaustion of being a new mom. I really hope things balance out for you soon, so you can enjoy your miracle baby. I'm glad that the school year is almost over for your DD, so she can spend the summer hanging out with her little brother. Praying that everything goes well on Tuesday and Jace passes his wellnes exam with flying colors! Praying for all of you! PS - I love the pictures you've posted!

Quote Originally Posted by ivfgirl View Post
    This is my second IVF cycle...first one I carried for 14 weeks, but then terminated after baby diagnosed with severe chromosome abnormality. So I go for my second beta level on Monday, and I am already dying here...I won't relax until I get a heart beat, and then even after that until I know its healthy.
    Nice to meet you! I'm so sorry about your first IVF, but very excited about your current cycle. Praying you get high numbers on Monday and that your LO is thriving. Keep us posted.

Rachel - how are you and baby doing?

AFM - all is well here. I have my last appointment with my peri on Tuesday. I can't wait to see my chubby baby one more time before I get to meet her/him in June. The baby room is almost complete (I'll post a pic once it is) and I'm just booking plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc. to finish last minute projects befor the baby's arrival next month. We recently found out my in-laws have decided to plan a trip departing the day before my due date (actually the trup has been planned for months and they have just told us). They were our support team for once we got home. So now I've signed up for a slew of classes to try to better prepare myself for breastfeeding, infant care, etc. Needless to say, after six years of trying to have a baby, my DH is devastated his parents have decided not to be here for the birth and it's completely out of character for them. But in the end, at least we know now they can't be depended on and we'll just have to plan accordingly.

Have a great mother's day everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ivfgirl View Post
    Welcome! I hope your beta level is good Monday. The waiting is stressful. I waited for a heartbeat, then til the 2nd tri, then 24 weeks, and so on! But it is all so amazing and worth it.

Rhonda- Jace is so cute. It is amazing how much he has changed since birth, in just 2 weeks! I am sorry to hear how tough the last few weeks have been, but I can only believe it will get better Your family is so wonderful and supportive. Funny enough, our due date is 5/24, wedding aniv is 5/22 and dh b-day is 5-18! Weird how this all just happens at the same time!

Michele- So glad everything is going well. Sorry your in-laws won't be there. I am sure you and dh will handle everything just fine, it sounds like you are really prepared (though are we ever 100% ready?). You will have to post pics of the nursery, I am sure it is adorable!

AFM- I continue to see the peri with my regular ob, yes twice a week appts til the birth. Which was hectic when working but now I am on maternity leave. The nursery is finished, we also did a lot of yard work and house projects. Now I have the cleaning woman coming weds. and my hair appt. The baby can come anytime after weds So far though, there have been no signs of the little one making an appearance...

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!! Isn't that wonderful to hear???

Any Ladies who had a fet cycle please tell me how long your dr had you on the estodial and progesterone shots. I know I asked this somewhere but I cannot remember where.

Any Ladies who had a fet cycle please tell me how long your dr had you on the estodial and progesterone shots. I know I asked this somewhere but I cannot remember where.
    I believe my dr started reducing estrodial after 8 weeks (finished at 10 weeks) and the progesterone stopped about 10 weeks after transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    Welcome! I hope your beta level is good Monday. The waiting is stressful. I waited for a heartbeat, then til the 2nd tri, then 24 weeks, and so on! But it is all so amazing and worth it.

Rhonda- Jace is so cute. It is amazing how much he has changed since birth, in just 2 weeks! I am sorry to hear how tough the last few weeks have been, but I can only believe it will get better Your family is so wonderful and supportive. Funny enough, our due date is 5/24, wedding aniv is 5/22 and dh b-day is 5-18! Weird how this all just happens at the same time!

Michele- So glad everything is going well. Sorry your in-laws won't be there. I am sure you and dh will handle everything just fine, it sounds like you are really prepared (though are we ever 100% ready?). You will have to post pics of the nursery, I am sure it is adorable!

AFM- I continue to see the peri with my regular ob, yes twice a week appts til the birth. Which was hectic when working but now I am on maternity leave. The nursery is finished, we also did a lot of yard work and house projects. Now I have the cleaning woman coming weds. and my hair appt. The baby can come anytime after weds So far though, there have been no signs of the little one making an appearance...

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!! Isn't that wonderful to hear???
    Thanks, Sylvia. I know no matter how many classes I take and how much preparing I do, I will not be prepared, lol. But at least it's keeping me busy! I can't believe I have 7 weeks until my due date (and I realized this morning that the baby can actually come any time, which made me kind of scared for a second). But like your baby, no contractions and baby seems firmly in place.

How are you feeling? I see your cleaning woman comes today and you get your hair done - so then you'll be set for baby's arrival, right? lol Well, enjoy your nice hair and clean house!

Stacie - I didn't do a fet, but I was on progesterone until week 12. I had a few complications the first trimester and the doctor just wanted to be extra cautious. Good luck!

Cleaning woman came yesterday and my hair was done so now I am ready for the baby! The nursery has been done and hospital bag packed. I have my dr's appt today and I hope they do the cervix check, at least I will know if there is progress!

Wow, 7 weeks Michele! It is amazing to be this far along and so close to having a baby!

Rhonda, hope you are doing well and Jace looks like he is thriving. Looking forward to updates

Back from dr's and they are going to induce me on Tuesday Everything is perfect, baby is fine, blood pressure is great, but because of advanced maternal age they don't like to go past 39 weeks! So anyway, I am very excited and nervous

Back from dr's and they are going to induce me on Tuesday Everything is perfect, baby is fine, blood pressure is great, but because of advanced maternal age they don't like to go past 39 weeks! So anyway, I am very excited and nervous
    Congratulations, Sylvia!!! So this is the last weekend you are going to be pregnant. How fun is that? Doing anything special this weekend?

So this was our last weekend as just a couple. Hopefully in 48 hours we will have the baby

Congratulations, Sylvia! I hope you and DH had a wonderful weekend together. Soon, you will be a family of three. I'm so excited for you!

Here are photos of my nursery - I love how it turned out. All we need is the baby now!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Sylvia, Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck tomorrow!!! I can't wait for you to hold your LO in your arms tomorrow! Good luck. Wishing you a quick and smooth delivery!

Am I the only one left here? Still 7 weeks to go for me (unless baby comes early). I am so grateful for my IVF sisters who have helped me through this. You are all going to be brilliant mamas!

Michelle, I love your nursery!! The tree is fabulous!

Liam Cook was delivered last Tuesday 5/17 at 1:52pm!! It has taken me awhile to get on here to share, this last week has been so over whelming! We went in last Mon. night at about 10:30pm, they inserted a balloon to dilate my cervix. I was having contractions during the night which was good. And in the am I was 4cm, so dr broke my water at 7:30am started the pitocin and by 11:45 I was 10 cm and ready to push. That is where the long, hard work started. Liam had flipped himself so was now face up, and did not want to come out. It took about 1.5 hours of pushing, then when he emerged he had the cord around his neck. They cut it and he was absolutely fine. Cried right away. He is doing fantastic and is almost back up to his birth weight. The dr yesterday was impressed with his weight gain, especially for a breast fed baby.

He is so adorable and such a cuddler, it is hard to imagine what life was like before Liam

Michelle, you are next! I hope your next six weeks are good ones!
    Any special plans for the before baby time?

Pictures of Liam are on the May expecting page.

Liam Cook was delivered last Tuesday 5/17 at 1:52pm!! It has taken me awhile to get on here to share, this last week has been so over whelming! We went in last Mon. night at about 10:30pm, they inserted a balloon to dilate my cervix. I was having contractions during the night which was good. And in the am I was 4cm, so dr broke my water at 7:30am started the pitocin and by 11:45 I was 10 cm and ready to push. That is where the long, hard work started. Liam had flipped himself so was now face up, and did not want to come out. It took about 1.5 hours of pushing, then when he emerged he had the cord around his neck. They cut it and he was absolutely fine. Cried right away. He is doing fantastic and is almost back up to his birth weight. The dr yesterday was impressed with his weight gain, especially for a breast fed baby.

He is so adorable and such a cuddler, it is hard to imagine what life was like before Liam

I saw Liam's pics in the May due dates - he's adorable. I'm so excited for you and DH!! I'm so glad the delivery went well and that Liam is doing so well. You must be thrilled to finally hold your baby in your arms!!

And I love the name Liam (in fact it's the name we're using if it's a boy so great taste, Sylvia!)

Thanks - we're really excited about how the room turned out. We're getting our maternity photos done this weekend. Other than that, just finishing up some household projects (two final rooms to paint, getting a bed for the guest room, moving furniture around) and final prep for the baby (hospital bag, labels for announcements, etc). I'm looking forward to having most everything done by next week so I can relax.

Enjoy your time with Liam. I'm so happy for you - I can't wait to experience the same thing!

Oh my gosh, congratulations!! I've been so caught up in my own life I haven't been checking on my sisters!! Way to go, so glad he's here and healthy!! Super hugs!!

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    I'm so happy for you - I can't wait to experience the same thing!
    Michelle, you are so close!!! Can't wait for you to join the mama club. It's on your doorstep.

Michelle- Did you finish your projects? Make sure you do some fun things before the baby arrives, such as go to a movie! It will be a while until that can happen after the baby. How did the maternity photos go? I have to pick ours up still.

Rhonda- Hope all is going well with Jace. He is probably growing like a weed. How are you feeling? I feel like I am more bloated after delivery then before, slowly it seems like the fluid retention is going down.

Rachel- Glad to hear you are doing well. Motherhood is so time consuming! I feel like I am either nursing, or trying to nap with Liam. There is not a lot of free time, and it also takes so much longer to accomplish anything!

AFM- Liam is doing great, it is amazing how different he looks from his birth. The same face and all, but just filled out! I love how his legs, arms and face are getting the chubby baby look We are working on getting him to sleep in his bassinet, prior he was sleeping on me. He loves to just cuddle on my chest and sleep. I love that also, but probably not the best thing to encourage for night!

Hope all of you are doing well!!

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Michelle, you are so close!!! Can't wait for you to join the mama club. It's on your doorstep.
    Thanks! I know - I can't believe I'm so close! How are you doing??

Michelle- Did you finish your projects? Make sure you do some fun things before the baby arrives, such as go to a movie! It will be a while until that can happen after the baby. How did the maternity photos go? I have to pick ours up still.

Rhonda- Hope all is going well with Jace. He is probably growing like a weed. How are you feeling? I feel like I am more bloated after delivery then before, slowly it seems like the fluid retention is going down.

Rachel- Glad to hear you are doing well. Motherhood is so time consuming! I feel like I am either nursing, or trying to nap with Liam. There is not a lot of free time, and it also takes so much longer to accomplish anything!

AFM- Liam is doing great, it is amazing how different he looks from his birth. The same face and all, but just filled out! I love how his legs, arms and face are getting the chubby baby look We are working on getting him to sleep in his bassinet, prior he was sleeping on me. He loves to just cuddle on my chest and sleep. I love that also, but probably not the best thing to encourage for night!

Hope all of you are doing well!!
    So glad things are going well with Liam! I'm sure you'll do fine getting him on a schedule. I don't blame you for letting him sleep on you - I'm sure I'll be doing the same thing the first few weeks!

Our photo shoot went well and I should be able to see the pics online this weekend. We have out last big project push this week with two final rooms being painted, movers coming in to move furniture around and the carpets being cleaned. Just need to schedule a maid service for a final scrub down and of course, a hair appointment. Anything else I get done after that will be a bonus. We're being sure to get date nights and movies in and I've got a stack of movies to watch just in case I have the energy while I'm breast feeding. Baby is still moving up a storm and I can't believe I'll be holding my baby in a month.

Rhonda - how you doing mama? How's jace and the family?

Oh and any ideas on girl names? We have our boy name, but can't seem to find a girl name we love. Any suggestions or ideas on where to look would be greatly appreciated!

Michelle, I thought the girl's names were much more difficult then the boy's names. I just typed baby names on google and surfed some sites. The girl one I finally settled on was Quinn and that wasn't until the day before getting induced! My list was the same as yours at the end, cleaning woman and hair appt. being the most critical!

Michelle, I thought the girl's names were much more difficult then the boy's names. I just typed baby names on google and surfed some sites. The girl one I finally settled on was Quinn and that wasn't until the day before getting induced! My list was the same as yours at the end, cleaning woman and hair appt. being the most critical!
    Thanks! I'll try that and see what I come up with. I've gone through a couple of apps on my phone and been flipping through this huge name book, but so far, we can't find one we both like. I know, my hair will be the most important thing I do, lol. Luckily, this week I finish off all the bjg items, so it's just the small stuff next week. Off to the gym before the movers arrives to rearrange my furniture today hope you and Liam have a great day!