Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Post IVF

Ladies i hope you dont mind me popping in here, omg, its so wonderful to see all of you, and read how well your all doing, i am just so proud of all of you, and so very excited for each of you. I wish i could join you ladies in the IVF room, but there is just no way for DH and i to afford the whole thing, so i will just have to live through you ladies. Congrats momma's after all your struggles, your dreams are about to come true!!! Love you all!!

Rhonda, glad you are able to go to work for a bit. Being home would probably drive you crazy! Wow, you are moving right along!

Michelle, We had a slight scare also. When they did a 16 week scan the dr said the arms measured slightly short (a soft marker for downs) though all our tests were fine. We just did the AFP, and the next scan all was fine. I think sometimes they err on the side of caution and the baby was wiggling a lot. Glad all is fine for you and your little one!

Rachel, not much longer! Hoping for a relaxing next couple weeks for you!

All is fine with us! Got the crib together and now working on the dresser. Next we will tackle the changing table! It will be so thrilling when we have our little one there in the room!

Take care everyone!

Default Cakegal had her twins!!!

Sarah had her boys!!! I saw it on FB this weekend. Gonna see if there is any info to share today and update everyone!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Sarah had her boys!!! I saw it on FB this weekend. Gonna see if there is any info to share today and update everyone!!
    OMG!! Congratulations, Sarah!! I knew you'd be the first!

Congratulations Sarah!! Hope all are well!!

Quote Originally Posted by onmymind17 View Post
    Ladies i hope you dont mind me popping in here, omg, its so wonderful to see all of you, and read how well your all doing, i am just so proud of all of you, and so very excited for each of you. I wish i could join you ladies in the IVF room, but there is just no way for DH and i to afford the whole thing, so i will just have to live through you ladies. Congrats momma's after all your struggles, your dreams are about to come true!!! Love you all!!
    Always good to see you!! Sorry you can't do the IVF. Thanks for wishing us well.
    Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Rhonda- thanks! I'm doing well and enjoying my pregnancy. A friend has asked if she can help me decorate her nursery in exchange for using the pictures on her website (she's starting a design/custom textile website). I'm thrilled to have the help and have sent her my ideas. Hopeing to get cracking on the nursery soon. Glad you're enjoying being back at work! Glad time is once again passing quickly for you. Praying for you and Jace everyday.

Sylvia-how exciting you're putting the crib together this weekend! Have fun. And it's good to know I'm not the only one still picking names. And I guess you're right. We'll just have to meet the baby and see what fits best.

Rachel- sorry the LO isn't turning. 12 days left, huh? Well, I hope you can get lots of rest beforeshe arrives. I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful little girl.

Sarah- how are you feeling? Hope all is going well for you.

AFM- I got a call from my peri last week that we hit a marker in our quad screening. We tested 1/160 for downs. He said not to worry because after our two 3D ultrasunds, he was dropping our chances to 1/530. But that under CA law we had to be notified if we hit under 1/200 in our quad. We qualified for a free ultrasound and genetic counseling. We went in on Monday. The genetic counselor said that for my age (38) I was automatically expected to test at 1/147 for downs and my bloodwork was 1/160, so my bloodwork was bettter than average. After another intense u/s, the doctor confirmed he dropped our chances to 1/530. We hit no pysical markers for downs (arms & legs are normal, nose is normal, middle knuckle in both pinkies is present, liver measures normally & nuchal fold measures normally). He does not recommend an amnio for us and doesn't think we need to worry, so I'm relieved. A very scary few days. Sorrry I didn't post this while it was happening. But I wanted to know what we were dealing with first. Jusst praying the doctor is right.
    Sounds like a great deal on the nursery! Lucky you. I'm so glad the u/s improved your score and you are no longer in the risky zone. The same thing happened to me. We were 1/150 for downs and the u/s pretty much ruled it out. Nice to get past that scare.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Default Check out Sarah's twins in April Due Dates...

I just posted there. Here are the precious little guys names, but I put their weight & length & photos in her DD room...
    Baby A....Darby Lewis McCarty

Baby B....John Elliott McCarty
    They will be in NICU for about a month. Sarah won't be on for a while I'm sure as she really has her hands full, but please say prayers for her, DH and the boys!!

Sorry, Chris. You know you're always in my heart and prayers. I'm still cheering you on and praying for your little miracle. Love you.

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    Michelle, We had a slight scare also. When they did a 16 week scan the dr said the arms measured slightly short (a soft marker for downs) though all our tests were fine. We just did the AFP, and the next scan all was fine. I think sometimes they err on the side of caution and the baby was wiggling a lot. Glad all is fine for you and your little one!

All is fine with us! Got the crib together and now working on the dresser. Next we will tackle the changing table! It will be so thrilling when we have our little one there in the room!

Take care everyone!
    Thanks for sharing that, Sylvia. I know we we won't be 100% reassured until the baby is here, but it's good to know our odds have been reduced. Glad you're tests came back clear. I do agree that they seem to err on the side of caution, which I understand, but can be very stressful. Congrats on getting the crib together. It sounds so exciting. We're registering this weekend and I'm going to check out one more store for furniture before we order.

Congratulations, Sarah!!!

Sounds like a great deal on the nursery! Lucky you. I'm so glad the u/s improved your score and you are no longer in the risky zone. The same thing happened to me. We were 1/150 for downs and the u/s pretty much ruled it out. Nice to get past that scare.
    Thanks - we're looking forward to having the help and little extras my friend can provide. DH is going to paint soon, which is exciting. I can't wait until it is altogether. I love your new photo, Rhonda! How are you feeling? Everything going OK with you?

I just posted there. Here are the precious little guys names, but I put their weight & length & photos in her DD room...
    Baby A....Darby Lewis McCarty

Baby B....John Elliott McCarty
    They will be in NICU for about a month. Sarah won't be on for a while I'm sure as she really has her hands full, but please say prayers for her, DH and the boys!!
    Definitely keeping Sarah, Darby and John in my prayers! I hope both boys and mom are doing well. Send her our love and support should you talk to her. I'm so excited for her!

Rachel - how are you feeling? Your LO will be here so soon. I'm so excited for you.

AFM -It's unofficial - I'm having a boy. Everyone I meet (I'm talking strangers on the street) says I'm having a boy. So we're concentrating on boys names and focusing. I know there's a chance it can be a girl of course, but I figure that is what we're having. Yay!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Thanks for looking out for us!

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    AFM -It's unofficial - I'm having a boy. Everyone I meet (I'm talking strangers on the street) says I'm having a boy. So we're concentrating on boys names and focusing. I know there's a chance it can be a girl of course, but I figure that is what we're having. Yay!
    Michelle - I think you might need to just ask the u/s tech what the sex is!!! How funny that everyone has an opinion on what the sex is AND thinks it's a boy. How could they know? Not one person took a guess on me, which is odd, too, I suppose.

AFM - I'm hanging in there..trying to take it easy. Have totally slacked on work, but I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.. Just counting down the days and trying to find a comfortable position to be in. My skin is pulled so tight it stings. I can't find relief in anything, other than knowing soon that pressure will be gone and I'll have other aches and pains to deal with. LOL.

My goal for tomorrow is to wash the rest of new baby clothes and bedding and set it all up..and pack my hospital bag! I have to pack for 5 days, which is hard, so I keep putting it off. I think it's time to get that taken care of though!!

Hope you lovely ladies are doing well!!

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Thanks for looking out for us!

Michelle - I think you might need to just ask the u/s tech what the sex is!!! How funny that everyone has an opinion on what the sex is AND thinks it's a boy. How could they know? Not one person took a guess on me, which is odd, too, I suppose.

AFM - I'm hanging in there..trying to take it easy. Have totally slacked on work, but I guess it doesn't really matter at this point.. Just counting down the days and trying to find a comfortable position to be in. My skin is pulled so tight it stings. I can't find relief in anything, other than knowing soon that pressure will be gone and I'll have other aches and pains to deal with. LOL.

My goal for tomorrow is to wash the rest of new baby clothes and bedding and set it all up..and pack my hospital bag! I have to pack for 5 days, which is hard, so I keep putting it off. I think it's time to get that taken care of though!!

Hope you lovely ladies are doing well!!
    I wonder why everyone keeps coming up to me then? We were in Vegas Sunday night and a man in the elevator told me I was due in 4 months and what gender we were having (he apparently used to sell Johnson's baby powder and felt he was an expert). I was impressed he knew when I was due just by looking at me, lol. I know it's a 50/50 chance and that we're not definitely having a boy. But since that is the general opinion, it is easier to get on board that train, and if it's a girl, then it's a surprise! We'll still register for gender neutral things, but for now, I've switched my thinking to having a boy.

Sorry you're so uncomfortable, Rachel! I've had some stinging of the skin under my ribs and it's not a nice feeling, so I can imagine what it's like being so close to your due date. You only have a little bit of time left before your surgery, so try to hang in there. And no wonder you're not focused on work now, you have a baby arriving in a few days! Good luck today setting up all the bedding and getting the baby clothes prepped. And good luck getting your suitcase together! Hope you can find a comfortable position so you can get a little rest.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...d.php?t=302442

Hey girls! Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers. Hope you all are doing well. You know you're next!! Above is the link to my birth story....as best as I can remember it at this point anyway! I'll be checking in soon see how you all are.

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post

Hey girls! Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers. Hope you all are doing well. You know you're next!! Above is the link to my birth story....as best as I can remember it at this point anyway! I'll be checking in soon see how you all are.
    We miss you Sarah!! The boys are precious and will keep you all in my prayers!!!

Ok girls, time to post belly bumps under EAS...

Yesterday was not a good day at all. I ended up working 7 hours. I intended on putting in 6 hours with a 1 hour lunch, but that didn't work out. I knew with all the other managers out I needed to be in the office for most of the day, but I figured if I went home for an hour or 1.5 hours to lay down and get my feet up, I could get through the day uneventful. Well, I just had too much on my plate. So, I'm still home today even though I told the President of our company that while they were all out of town training I would cover the office for emergencies. I sent an email to everyone saying I would come in around 10ish, but I have no intentions of having a repeat of yesterday. I ended up having 7 contractions in one hour last night after I had been home & rested for 4 hours. My contractions came like a train once I got home and they were at 5 an hour for 3 hours before I hit that last bad hour. I took terbutaline and vistaril and went to bed. Woke up with 3-4 per hour, so I imagine they stayed around that count through most of the night. I'm going to get dressed and that will cause them to go up some, but then lay down for 1/2 hour before trying to get out the door. If I have even 4 an hour, I'm going straight home. I am still way too early and I don't want the contractions to start to thin my cervix. Tomorrow I am 30 weeks, but I don't intend on letting Jace out of his safe surroundings before another 4-7 weeks!!

Yesterday was not a good day at all. I ended up working 7 hours. I intended on putting in 6 hours with a 1 hour lunch, but that didn't work out. I knew with all the other managers out I needed to be in the office for most of the day, but I figured if I went home for an hour or 1.5 hours to lay down and get my feet up, I could get through the day uneventful. Well, I just had too much on my plate. So, I'm still home today even though I told the President of our company that while they were all out of town training I would cover the office for emergencies. I sent an email to everyone saying I would come in around 10ish, but I have no intentions of having a repeat of yesterday. I ended up having 7 contractions in one hour last night after I had been home & rested for 4 hours. My contractions came like a train once I got home and they were at 5 an hour for 3 hours before I hit that last bad hour. I took terbutaline and vistaril and went to bed. Woke up with 3-4 per hour, so I imagine they stayed around that count through most of the night. I'm going to get dressed and that will cause them to go up some, but then lay down for 1/2 hour before trying to get out the door. If I have even 4 an hour, I'm going straight home. I am still way too early and I don't want the contractions to start to thin my cervix. Tomorrow I am 30 weeks, but I don't intend on letting Jace out of his safe surroundings before another 4-7 weeks!!
    Oh no, Rhonda! I'm so sorry that your body had that reaction to the long work day. I'm glad you're watchful and prepared to go home the minute you reach 4 an hour today. I know it's hard to say no to work, but you're dong the right thing putting Jace before anything. I hope this isn't causing you too much stress and that you're hanging in there. Keeping you and Jace in my prayers.

Sarah - thanks for posting your birth story. I loved reading it. We're here when you're ready to come back and post. Til then just keep taking care of those boys and yourself!

Rachel - How are you feeling today? Did you get your laundry done?

Quick Question - has any one purchased baby furniture from JC Penny? I noticed their furniture looks nice online and their prices are better than where we are looking at buying a crib, but I'm hesitant because I don't know about their quality. None of their stores seem to have the furniture set up so I can see it. Where have you purchased your crib from? Are you happy with it? Thanks!

Thanks hun...yesterday I went in for 2 hours and went back home because I just didn't feel good and the contractions were at 4-5 per hour. So, another evening of taking the terbutaline/vistaril combo.
    As for ordering furniture from JC Penny online...we are looking at the same thing! When I had my daughter we bought the crib set from a baby furniture store that was local and had it on layaway. With this baby, my brother and his wife were going to give us their baby furniture which was given to them by her SIL. It was great quality and in great condition, so we were happy to accept. Then they got word that the SIL wanted the furniture back. So, now we are only getting the glider rocker and a black crib they have which is also in good condition. We are looking for a changer table or changer dresser in black and I am shopping at JC Penny online. If we don't find anything, we are just going to order the crib/changer we originally picked out at Buy Buy Baby.

Thanks hun...yesterday I went in for 2 hours and went back home because I just didn't feel good and the contractions were at 4-5 per hour. So, another evening of taking the terbutaline/vistaril combo.
    As for ordering furniture from JC Penny online...we are looking at the same thing! When I had my daughter we bought the crib set from a baby furniture store that was local and had it on layaway. With this baby, my brother and his wife were going to give us their baby furniture which was given to them by her SIL. It was great quality and in great condition, so we were happy to accept. Then they got word that the SIL wanted the furniture back. So, now we are only getting the glider rocker and a black crib they have which is also in good condition. We are looking for a changer table or changer dresser in black and I am shopping at JC Penny online. If we don't find anything, we are just going to order the crib/changer we originally picked out at Buy Buy Baby.
    Sorry you still weren't feeling well yesterday, but glad you took it easy. Hoping today is a better day! I read the reviews on jcp online and 3 or of 4 were great. In the Baby Bargains book the furniture quality, the quality and safety are good (many of the brands are actually big name brands sold under an alias to make them seem exclusive), it's just the customer service (they can ship the wrong color, etc). I figure if I order soon, even if there's a mistake in shipping, I can get that corrected before the baby arrives. Let me know what you decide to do!

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post

Sarah, thanks for popping in on us. The boys are so deliciously cute!! I'm glad they are improving and soon they will be home in your loving arms!

Congrats on 30 weeks, Rhonda!!! I'm sorry the other day was so tough. It's hard to let go of work when there are so many dependent on you and when you really want to help out. Take it easy, though, mama...we need Jace to cook longer!

AFM - I wouldn't wish a breech baby on anyone. It's sooo uncomfortable. I keep thinking - 5 more days, 5 more days... I supposed it's always uncomfortable in the end. Tomorrow I'm going to the movies again, although it will probably kill me to sit there 2 hours.. I intend to do a few more fun things before she comes out, though, even at the expense of comfort!!

Sarah, thanks for popping in on us. The boys are so deliciously cute!! I'm glad they are improving and soon they will be home in your loving arms!

Congrats on 30 weeks, Rhonda!!! I'm sorry the other day was so tough. It's hard to let go of work when there are so many dependent on you and when you really want to help out. Take it easy, though, mama...we need Jace to cook longer!

AFM - I wouldn't wish a breech baby on anyone. It's sooo uncomfortable. I keep thinking - 5 more days, 5 more days... I supposed it's always uncomfortable in the end. Tomorrow I'm going to the movies again, although it will probably kill me to sit there 2 hours.. I intend to do a few more fun things before she comes out, though, even at the expense of comfort!!
    I'm so sorry about your ongoing discomforts of carrying a breech baby. You are on a count down though and soon you will have your body back and be able to adore your LO. Just 4 more days!!!

Sorry things are so uncomfortable, Rachel! But Rhonda's right - only 4 more days!!! Then you will have your little girl in your arms and you'll start to get your body back! lol Good luck at the movies today. Hope it isn't too uncomfortable for you!

Rachel, it is so exciting! You are so close!!! Sorry to hear about the discomfort.

Rhonda, take it easy! I know I get wrapped up in things then next thing I know I have done too much and am wiped out!

Michelle, I hear from various people that it is a boy, then others a girl. I was out with 2 of my girlfriends today and each had a strong feeling, one for a boy and the other for a girl So who knows, I will be happy with a healthy happy baby

Now for crib input. I ordered mine from Amazon, they have a lot of brands. I got a Davinci brand crib along with a dresser and changing table. I thought they were all good quality. The one I got transitions to a toddler, day then full size bed. So it was worth buying.

Another input on cribs, my sister was going to give me hers but then said she wouldn't. The reason was it was a drop side which are no longer sanctioned by JPMA. Also she pointed out that each time a crib is taken apart then put together again it is less stable.

Sarah, your story was so touching. Thanks for sharing it.

I am closing in on 28 weeks, wow (my ticker is off)! It feels so amazing to think how far we all have come!

Hope everyone has a great, relaxing weekend.

One More Day Rachel!!!!!

Good luck Rachel!!!!! I'm sorry I havent been around ladies. Things have been hectic with the little one this last week. :-( Tomorrow is the Upper GI and I pray we will have some answers for last weeks episode.

Rhonda, I love love love your belly pics! You are a hot momma! :-) How are you feeling? I read you had a rough few days but havent kept up with whats going on... Email me if you'd like. I'm at work today. How is bed rest treating you? Are you going nuts? :-(

Michele, how was your wkd??? Did you go register yet? :-) When do you plan on having your baby shower? Or are you not even discussing that yet? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    Rachel, it is so exciting! You are so close!!! Sorry to hear about the discomfort.

Rhonda, take it easy! I know I get wrapped up in things then next thing I know I have done too much and am wiped out!

Michelle, I hear from various people that it is a boy, then others a girl. I was out with 2 of my girlfriends today and each had a strong feeling, one for a boy and the other for a girl So who knows, I will be happy with a healthy happy baby

Now for crib input. I ordered mine from Amazon, they have a lot of brands. I got a Davinci brand crib along with a dresser and changing table. I thought they were all good quality. The one I got transitions to a toddler, day then full size bed. So it was worth buying.

Another input on cribs, my sister was going to give me hers but then said she wouldn't. The reason was it was a drop side which are no longer sanctioned by JPMA. Also she pointed out that each time a crib is taken apart then put together again it is less stable.

Sarah, your story was so touching. Thanks for sharing it.

I am closing in on 28 weeks, wow (my ticker is off)! It feels so amazing to think how far we all have come!

Hope everyone has a great, relaxing weekend.
    Thanks, Sylvia! We ended up going with a BRU crib we liked. DH really wanted a crib we could test out in person. And I'm with you, just praying for a healthy baby, no matter what gender.

Congratulations on 28 weeks!!! I remember when we were all counting down the first trimester and it seems so long ago. We HAVE all come a long way

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgirl View Post
    Good luck Rachel!!!!! I'm sorry I havent been around ladies. Things have been hectic with the little one this last week. :-( Tomorrow is the Upper GI and I pray we will have some answers for last weeks episode.

Rhonda, I love love love your belly pics! You are a hot momma! :-) How are you feeling? I read you had a rough few days but havent kept up with whats going on... Email me if you'd like. I'm at work today. How is bed rest treating you? Are you going nuts? :-(

Michele, how was your wkd??? Did you go register yet? :-) When do you plan on having your baby shower? Or are you not even discussing that yet? lol.
    Hey mama! Good luck with the upper GI tomorrow. Saying prayers for Lucas. I hope the doctor has good news. Yup, we finally registered yesterday. We aren't finished yet, but we're getting there. Craig had no idea what he was in foreven though I tried to prepare him. He was so overwhelmed, it was comical. But we made it through. No word on the shower yet. My mom gets back in the country tomorrow (she hasn't seen me since January!) so I'm sure we'll start nailing down a date.

Rachel, good luck honey! I'm praying everything goes well. I can't believe you'll be holding your little girl in your arms so soon. I'm very excited for you and youur DH.

Hi mamas - I'm off to the hospital tomorrow and will probably be MIA until I return home, but I'll try to update as soon as I can. I can't wait!!! Still have to finish packing, but I think I'm ready to have a baby. I've been very crampy and having tons of braxton hicks contractions, so I think my body is starting to get ready for labour anyway.

xoxo

Hi mamas - I'm off to the hospital tomorrow and will probably be MIA until I return home, but I'll try to update as soon as I can. I can't wait!!! Still have to finish packing, but I think I'm ready to have a baby. I've been very crampy and having tons of braxton hicks contractions, so I think my body is starting to get ready for labour anyway.

xoxo
    So excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear all about the baby's arrival!

xoxo
    I hope everything goes well for you, Rachel!! Can't wait to see pics of your little girl!!!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)

xoxo
    Good luck, Rachel!!!!! Praying for you and your LO!

Rachel~I know you are just lost in a world of bliss right now! Thanking about you and your little family! Can't wait to hear your story

Dying to hear how Rachael did with her delivery!! I'm so excited!!