Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Post IVF

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Thanks Sylvia. I'm going to a diabetic class next week which will go over everything and I have to measure my blood sugar after every meal. But I started the diet early because I didn't want to wait a week to get my blood sugar back on track. After doing some research, I found out that it isn't related to what I have/haven't been eating which is a big relief, but is just a result of the pregnancy hormones not letting the insulin do it's job. I guess I'm more frustrated with my doctors being so negative about my weight gain, which has been normal to me if I can still fit into my regular clothes, but they are so focused on it. It's been a very frustrating experience as far as that goes. I just feel like my doctors have been on me constantly, focusing on that one thing and I've been working so hard to stick to their rules and have now had this happen. My diet was very restricted before, so while I'm still eating the same food, it is just more of it to keep my sugar balanced. We'll see what happens...
    The class will help a lot. I have the diabetic handbook (I am hypoglycemic) so I follow the same diet as for diabetics to keep my blood sugar in check. It really does help, I notice if I stray from the usual (too much refined carbs/sugar) I feel blah! I think that once you have the baby your blood sugars return to their normal state, which is good news!

I agree, your docs should give you a break. Everyone's weight gain varies, and as long as your vitals are all good I can't see why there is a big concern. But, that is just a fellow pregnant woman's opinion

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    The class will help a lot. I have the diabetic handbook (I am hypoglycemic) so I follow the same diet as for diabetics to keep my blood sugar in check. It really does help, I notice if I stray from the usual (too much refined carbs/sugar) I feel blah! I think that once you have the baby your blood sugars return to their normal state, which is good news!

I agree, your docs should give you a break. Everyone's weight gain varies, and as long as your vitals are all good I can't see why there is a big concern. But, that is just a fellow pregnant woman's opinion
    Well, with my restricted diet that they put me on months ago, I already avoid refined carbs/sugar, but I also think I wasn't eating enough. Now I'm just making sure I hit those 6 small meals. I've gained 23 lbs, more than i'd like but really not the end of the world. But they sure act like it is. Yeah, supposedly after I deliver the GD goes away. I just want the baby to be OK. I'll do anything to make that happen. Thanks, Silvia.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Hi ladies!! Sorry I've been MIA for so long. Honestly I don't know where the time has gone, as LO is already 5 weeks and it's all been a complete and utter blur!!!

I'm starting to see above water, but it's been a very challenging start. For one, this little girl does not want to lay down on her back - I don't know if it's because of her position breech inside me, but that is her preferred place to be, with her head pressed against my chest. She cries when I put her down, so usually if I want to use my hands I have to carry her in a Baby Bjorn!! Makes things difficult, to say the least. I currently have my laptop on my lap and she is on my torso sleeping.

The birth was great - I was very pleased with the c-section. Recovery has been a piece of cake and I was up walking the next day and have been progressively more active since then. The scar only hurt a few days and although I'm restricted for most exercise until at least 6 weeks, I can walk, and we've been covering a lot of ground the last few weeks as the weather has been so nice.

One thing that has been a real struggle for me is breastfeeding. I've had cracked skin that has caused excruciating pain and has turned me off. That and how time consuming it is, as she's a 'grazer' and falls asleep the entire time. It's all given me so much stress (and not knowing if she's getting enough), that I've started exclusively pumping and feeding her it in bottles, which is working out great - finally! I had a very romantic notion of breastfeeding before I started it, but now i know, it's not for me. I'm happy to pump for the time being until that isn't sufficient anymore. There is SO much pressure here for you to breastfeed that they make you feel like you are abusing your child if you don't. I think the midwives contribute to a lot of new mom stress and anxiety with the pressure they put on you.

Other than that, I'm SO in love with her!!!! I can stop kissing her and got my first real smiles this week, which are heavenly. I really don't care about much else other than her, and I'm so lucky I can be home and spend all my hours with her.

Rhonda - Your belly pics are so great! Congrats on making it so far along!! That's fantastic. Jace will be here before you know it!

Michelle - Sorry about the diabetes. That's a bummer and I'm surprised they are so focused on your weight when you hardly gained anything (compared to me!). I gained around 40 pounds (I started around 5'7" and 132), which is so scary, but in the first 10 days after having her I lost 22 pounds...the rest is coming off more slowly and I still have almost 20 pounds to go, but I also haven't been able to really exercise, and it's only been 5 weeks, so I'm not worried about it. I might have 'let myself go' in pregnancy, but I wasn't too worried about it. LO didn't get huge like they always say, she was 7lb2oz at 39 weeks, which I think is a good size.

Sylvia - You are getting really close, too.

I haven't been on here in ages so I don't know who has had babies or not, but just wanted to pop in and say thinking of all of you and wishing you the best!! The babies will all be here very soon!!!

It's great to hear from you, Rachel! It sounds like you've really taken to motherhood and that things are going really well. Hopefully your LO will adjust and learn to lay down on her own so you can get some things done. But for now, I'm sure you don't even want tok put her down! I'm so sorry breastfeeding has been an issue and I can't believe people are making you feel guilty over it. You can't tell how it will work until it happens and she's still getting breastmilk, which is most important. You're a fantastic mom and don't let anyone else tell you different!

OK I need to have your doctors! The good thing about them watching my weight so minutely, is that I have never been given a chance to go overboard. The bad thing is that I haven't really been able to enjoy the eating portion of my pregnancy. I know it will make my recovery easier in the long run, but I could do without the stress and guilt. At least with the gd, I am now allowed to eat more, so that is a plus. ;)

Keep us posted when you can on how you two are doing!
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 04-07-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Rachel, so happy for you! Yes, my time will be here before I know it. Right now I am at work and am having one of those non-productive days (obviously typing here!) and am just watching my belly move from the baby! I love that, so having the actual baby will be so much more thrilling! You seem to have taken right to motherhood, and don't let anyone make you feel terrible about what you do (or guilty). Plenty of babies are bottle fed and do fine, or have a combination, you have to do what is right for you both! KUP.

Hope everyone else is doing well! I saw my ob/gyn yesterday and go back in 2 weeks, then it is weekly! That is when I will know the big day is close. Right now I see my high risk doc every week and get a non-stress test and u/s.

Michelle - I know things will get better regarding the GD. Hang in there!

Rachel - So great to hear from you and hear more about your baby girl! She's gonna be stuck to mamma, but you will love it. My DD was that way for the most part. I was so in love with her that it never concerned me. When she started daycare and then school, for years I had to walk her to her classroom or she would have had a panic attack. I think around 2nd grade she was finally loosening up and let me drive her up to the school without walking her to class! LOL Who knows, maybe your LO won't be so clingy to mamma. My DD just wanted me everywhere with her and she would never spend the night with friends until Middle school. We are so close and I love it. She tells me everything and I couldn't ask for a better mother-daughter relationship. I think she is the best thing that ever happened to me and now I am about to see how having a baby boy changes things. I know I will be super thrilled to hold my baby boy, but I don't want anything to replace the feelings I had for my first. I just think it will be a different kind of bond, but just as strong. Nothing for either to be jealous over. She is so excited to meet her brother...she's done most of the nursery decorations and she is still working on her final touches...yes, my 13 year old is more the "new mom" than me when it comes to this LO. She picked out the diaper bag and packed it for the hospital stay with all the things she needs to take care of baby brother. It's so darling actually. And she named him. I love how much she is involved.

AFM: Ok ladies, so I turned 36 weeks two days ago...can you believe it!???! My doc scheduled an induction at 38w4d (day after Easter). That is just over 2 weeks from now and I'm so ready. I stopped the Procardia (stops contractions) a week and a half ago, but it didn't make my contractions come on any stronger or more often like I anticipated. I had a 35w cervical exam and was still completely closed. My next check is on Tuesday. Hoping there was some progress. Here is the tricky part, I am still on Lovenox. Stopped the daily aspirin a few days ago (have to be off 5 days prior to labor), but doc won't stop the Lovenox until 3 days before a planned induction. However, if I show major progress I think he might consider stopping the Lovenox. I take it to prevent blood clots (runs in the family and my mom had one when she gave birth to me...I test positive for the factors). If I'm on Lovenox, no epidural...I would have to do it on my own, which really scares me. So, either I show huge progress at an exam (only have 2 left) or I don't have this baby until the induction. I want my epi!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Oh, forgot to mention that me, DH and DD did a family photo session this week with a professional photographer. We went to her studio for the maternity shoot and she will come to our house for the newborn shoot when Jace is here. She ran a special...$50 sitting fee for both shoots and normally it's $75 per shoot. It gets expensive when you decide to order pics and I imagine all of the photos we choose between two shoots will come to around $500. I will have to get my parents and MIL pics and each 8x10 is like $40 and two 5x7 are like $30 or $35. We can put two different poses per sheet that includes two 5x7, so that helps. Took pics of the three of us in two different outfits, me & DH only in a couple of outfits & me alone (belly shots). It was fun.

Sylvia - You are getting so close as well! We are all moving right along and will be delivering our LO's soon!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

DH and I just went and had a maternity photo shoot today. It was fun. Hopefully we got some great pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Michelle - I know things will get better regarding the GD. Hang in there!

Rachel - So great to hear from you and hear more about your baby girl! She's gonna be stuck to mamma, but you will love it. My DD was that way for the most part. I was so in love with her that it never concerned me. When she started daycare and then school, for years I had to walk her to her classroom or she would have had a panic attack. I think around 2nd grade she was finally loosening up and let me drive her up to the school without walking her to class! LOL Who knows, maybe your LO won't be so clingy to mamma. My DD just wanted me everywhere with her and she would never spend the night with friends until Middle school. We are so close and I love it. She tells me everything and I couldn't ask for a better mother-daughter relationship. I think she is the best thing that ever happened to me and now I am about to see how having a baby boy changes things. I know I will be super thrilled to hold my baby boy, but I don't want anything to replace the feelings I had for my first. I just think it will be a different kind of bond, but just as strong. Nothing for either to be jealous over. She is so excited to meet her brother...she's done most of the nursery decorations and she is still working on her final touches...yes, my 13 year old is more the "new mom" than me when it comes to this LO. She picked out the diaper bag and packed it for the hospital stay with all the things she needs to take care of baby brother. It's so darling actually. And she named him. I love how much she is involved.

AFM: Ok ladies, so I turned 36 weeks two days ago...can you believe it!???! My doc scheduled an induction at 38w4d (day after Easter). That is just over 2 weeks from now and I'm so ready. I stopped the Procardia (stops contractions) a week and a half ago, but it didn't make my contractions come on any stronger or more often like I anticipated. I had a 35w cervical exam and was still completely closed. My next check is on Tuesday. Hoping there was some progress. Here is the tricky part, I am still on Lovenox. Stopped the daily aspirin a few days ago (have to be off 5 days prior to labor), but doc won't stop the Lovenox until 3 days before a planned induction. However, if I show major progress I think he might consider stopping the Lovenox. I take it to prevent blood clots (runs in the family and my mom had one when she gave birth to me...I test positive for the factors). If I'm on Lovenox, no epidural...I would have to do it on my own, which really scares me. So, either I show huge progress at an exam (only have 2 left) or I don't have this baby until the induction. I want my epi!!
    Thanks, Rhonda. The diet seems to have solved all the problems. I'm just eating more and every 3 hours. The peri has now backed off on my weight and now says I haven't gained too much weight at all. My DH almost throttled him and told him how he and my OB have been harping on it so much I've been stressed the whole pregnancy. Congratulations on 36 weeks! I'm so excited that Jace has made it this far. I'm hoping you show some progress at your exam tomorrow. I don't blame you - I also want an epi! Crossing my fingers that you can have yours!

Oh, forgot to mention that me, DH and DD did a family photo session this week with a professional photographer. We went to her studio for the maternity shoot and she will come to our house for the newborn shoot when Jace is here. She ran a special...$50 sitting fee for both shoots and normally it's $75 per shoot. It gets expensive when you decide to order pics and I imagine all of the photos we choose between two shoots will come to around $500. I will have to get my parents and MIL pics and each 8x10 is like $40 and two 5x7 are like $30 or $35. We can put two different poses per sheet that includes two 5x7, so that helps. Took pics of the three of us in two different outfits, me & DH only in a couple of outfits & me alone (belly shots). It was fun.

Sylvia - You are getting so close as well! We are all moving right along and will be delivering our LO's soon!!
    I love that you did a family portrait together! It sounds like you got a great deal. The best deal I could find was $100 for a session and I think I'm going to jump on that and have one with DH. My friend recommended a photog but she's well over $300 for the session alone and I think that's a bit much, now that I'm saving for college for our LO. Would love to see any pics you want to share.

DH and I just went and had a maternity photo shoot today. It was fun. Hopefully we got some great pictures.
    How fun!! I'm sure you got some great pics. I can't wait to schedule mine - I think I just found the photog.

AFM - GD is under control with the diet and seems to be fine. Went to the peri yesterday and it has not affected the baby at all, since they caught it so early. He did say that our baby is big, but since our baby is big over all, and not justin teh abdomen as gd babies are, it is unrelated to gd. It is measuring at 3 lbs, 5 oz! I'm praying that his measurements are off. I don't want to have a 10 lb. baby! I'm only 5'3", but DH is 6'2", and was 8lbs. at birth 9I was 6 lbs.) He said baby is looking perfect and measuring on target and should still go full term despite the size (the baby should be 2 1/2 pounds at the end of week 28. Half of our furniture came yesteryay and the rest will come on Friday. I can't wait to start washing the baby clothes and getting ready!

Here is the latest photo of the baby. I'm in love:
    Attached Images Attached Images

How cool!! We did too. Hope we both have pics to share soon~

AFM - GD is under control with the diet and seems to be fine. Went to the peri yesterday and it has not affected the baby at all, since they caught it so early. He did say that our baby is big, but since our baby is big over all, and not justin teh abdomen as gd babies are, it is unrelated to gd. It is measuring at 3 lbs, 5 oz! I'm praying that his measurements are off. I don't want to have a 10 lb. baby! I'm only 5'3", but DH is 6'2", and was 8lbs. at birth 9I was 6 lbs.) He said baby is looking perfect and measuring on target and should still go full term despite the size (the baby should be 2 1/2 pounds at the end of week 28. Half of our furniture came yesteryay and the rest will come on Friday. I can't wait to start washing the baby clothes and getting ready!

Here is the latest photo of the baby. I'm in love:
    Adorable u/s pic!! You have good reason to be in love!! Glad you found a photog that was more reasonable cost-wise. Don't worry about baby's size too much. Either way, you will deliver your baby and all will be fine.

Hey there Rhonda! I keep checking up on you to see when that little guy makes his big debut! Im sure you are bursting with joy. I am so excited for you!

Good luck to everyone else coming up on their DD! Each one of these little ones are such miracles!
    1 m/c @ 9wks, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF 06/09- BFP, 2nd IVF 04/11- BFN, FET 07/11

Quote Originally Posted by janieleigh501 View Post
    Hey there Rhonda! I keep checking up on you to see when that little guy makes his big debut! Im sure you are bursting with joy. I am so excited for you!

Good luck to everyone else coming up on their DD! Each one of these little ones are such miracles!
    How sweet of you to stalk me!! He is a planned induction for day after Easter unless he comes sooner on his own. So we have a date, which kinda feels good. At this point, I'm just trying to keep my wits about me. Trying not to think too hard, be too emotional, get too worked up over things. I just want to be at peace when I hold my baby boy in less than 2 weeks. How's that growing baby of yours? Are you ready for another???
    Hope everyone is doing ok!!

Adorable u/s pic!! You have good reason to be in love!! Glad you found a photog that was more reasonable cost-wise. Don't worry about baby's size too much. Either way, you will deliver your baby and all will be fine.
    Thanks, I think so! Say didn't you have an ob appt. on Tuesday? How did it go? Yeah, I kknow one way or another the baby will come out and things will be fine. But I'd rather not have a 10 lb baby if that could be avoid Today I'm laying low at home - trying to get over a cold that I've had since Sunday. Hope everyone is well!

Appt Tuesday was all good, but I was disappointed big time that OB didn't do a cervix check like he had said he would at my last visit. Anyway, Jace is still inside as of today (Saturday), so I guess it wouldn't have said much anyway. This boy is stubborn. Not sure I would have him by DD if it wasn't for the induction!!

Michelle, glad all is going well. From what I hear, delivering a big baby is not much different than an average one. The largest part to pass through is the head. That is what I have been told by someone who had big and regular size babies. So don't worry and all will turn out fine! Anyway, our baby is measuring on the smaller side. But the doc looked at my husband and I and said he would attribute it to familial. I'm a bit over 5'5" and dh is about 5'6". So I am guessing our baby will be a little peanut. It is so exciting when the furniture is together and the baby room is complete!

Rhonda, hang in there! My dr doesn't even do a cervix check til week 38. They don't like to disturb the area so to speak. I think I am in for the full 40 weeks. I haven't had one braxton hicks contraction, or inkling of one. I am sure by 40 weeks I'll be ready. I am getting anxious to meet the little one! You don't have too much longer, wow! I can't wait too see you maternity photos. We saw the proofs and selected a few.

Rhonda, I am very excited for the 25th. Cant wait to see little Jace! Good luck! I know you will do great

Afm- Amelia is good! Big! I am actually doing another IVF round right now.... We had to do a whole new fresh cycle because my frozen ones wont survive thawing most likely. We will most certainly give them the chance at some point but we figured if we had some more frozen we would have a better chance.

Michelle, glad all is going well. From what I hear, delivering a big baby is not much different than an average one. The largest part to pass through is the head. That is what I have been told by someone who had big and regular size babies. So don't worry and all will turn out fine! Anyway, our baby is measuring on the smaller side. But the doc looked at my husband and I and said he would attribute it to familial. I'm a bit over 5'5" and dh is about 5'6". So I am guessing our baby will be a little peanut. It is so exciting when the furniture is together and the baby room is complete!

Rhonda, hang in there! My dr doesn't even do a cervix check til week 38. They don't like to disturb the area so to speak. I think I am in for the full 40 weeks. I haven't had one braxton hicks contraction, or inkling of one. I am sure by 40 weeks I'll be ready. I am getting anxious to meet the little one! You don't have too much longer, wow! I can't wait too see you maternity photos. We saw the proofs and selected a few.
    Thanks, Sylvia. I'm hoping you're right on the big-baby thing. Congrats on completing the baby room! What a nice feeling? Our furniture is all upstairs in the room, but we're still working on decorating one wall, so we won't arrange the furniture until next week, I think. Are you happy with your pregnancy photos? I've got to call this week for an appointment - I've been sick since last week with a horrible cold and have been laying low. I'm hoping to get back into my normal routine later this week.

Rhonda - how are you and Jace doing??? I can't believe he will be here this time next week. How excited are you!!

Quote Originally Posted by janieleigh501 View Post
    Rhonda, I am very excited for the 25th. Cant wait to see little Jace! Good luck! I know you will do great

Afm- Amelia is good! Big! I am actually doing another IVF round right now.... We had to do a whole new fresh cycle because my frozen ones wont survive thawing most likely. We will most certainly give them the chance at some point but we figured if we had some more frozen we would have a better chance.
    OMG!!! I am so glad I asked!!! How exciting...wishing you the best of luck.

Wow, you are right behind me by a couple of weeks!! Everyone is progressing nicely!

Rhonda - how are you and Jace doing??? I can't believe he will be here this time next week. How excited are you!!
    I'm quite excited of course. Monday can't get here fast enough.

Had my last exam yesterday and my cervix is CLOSED completely still. So the acupuncture, tea and primrose haven't helped things progress at all. I'm expecting a long labor like my first one, but that's ok. I stop lovenox on Friday and check in 6am Monday. Mommy and baby bags are packed.

Default Maternity photo session

Some of our photos from the maternity photo session two weeks ago:

Last edited by nostoppingme; 04-20-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Add title

Default me & DD

Not too bad for 44 year old parents-to-be;-)

OMG, Rhonda!! First of all, I'm bursting with excitement for Monday!! OMG, OMG, OMG, this long awaited day is nearly here!!

Secondly, gorgeous pictures!! I love them all. No way I'd ever guess you to be 44 either. You look fantastic!!

Will be thinking about you all weekend!

Oh Rhonda those are gorgeous! I LOVE the one with you and your daughter! Absolutely beautiful

Here we come monday! So very excited to hear details. I hope it goes faster than you are expecting!!!

Rhonda, WOW! I am just thinking this is your last weekend, then you will have your little baby Jace!!! I am so excited for you, and wishing you a speedy labor!

Rhonda - I love your photos! Your family is gorgeous and you certainly don't look 44! Enjoy your last few days of pregnancy! Looking forward to pictures of Jace on Monday. WIshing you an easy, quick labor!!

Good luck tomorrow, Rhonda! Praying everything goes smoothy for you and Jace. So excited that you'll be holding your little miracle in your arms tomorrow.

Thanks girls!!! Think happy pleasant thoughts for me tomorrow!! I'm nervous, excited, not sure I will get much sleep, but I'm gonna try! Love you all for your support, friendships and encouragement!!

Hope you got some rest last night, big day ahead! Thinking of you, Jace and your family on this exciting day

Praying for you today Rhonda!