Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post IVF

Default Post IVF

This thread will be for the IVF grads to post about their pregnancies and keep up with eachothers milestones. Looking forward to one place to see what's going on with all the IVF sisters after their success stories!!

So post with pride - which means make sure your pregnancy tickers are up & running!!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Hopefully this will help my feeble brain keep up! Good idea Rhonda. I'll go first!

20 weeks with my twin boys!!!!

................and scared to death!!

Yeah!!! Thanks for making it happen Rhonda!!

I tried getting a 3D u/s the other day, but LO wouldn't cooperate! She had either her hand or the umbilical cord in her face whenever they tried to snap the shot..then she would roll over and hide. I did catch her yawn, though, and DH and my hearts melted!!!!

Sarah, can't believe you are already 20 weeks!! That is so awesome. I bet they are kicking away, huh?

I am so glad we will have this room to keep up with eachother in our pregnancies and add the new STC girls as they graduate from their IVF journeys with success!! I am dying to hear about Michele's next US on Monday. I am soooo excited she has twins and this is a place we can witness and be a part of all the IVF success stories!! It takes a lot of patience and heartbreaks, but when you finally have success, you are so happy to have been a part of the process.

I am thrilled to see you girls hit the halfway milestone and continuing with healthy pregnancies! I can't wait for anothter U/S but mine isn't scheduled until week 20 and I'm just going to have to be patient! I love hearing about everyone else's U/S as they get further along and get to see babies in action.

Are you girls feeling a lot of movement now & is it regular? I only think I felt a kick on Sunday, but nothing since then. It makes me nervous to not feel anything at this point, but I have had 4 surgeries and have a lot of scarring that may make me a bit less sensitive to the tiny kicks since my baby is still pretty small. Anyway, all in due time, right?!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Rhonda, I didn't feel anything til 19 weeks, or at least that is when I was sure I felt something. After that it wasn't that regular, and some days I felt hardly anything. Just in the last week (mind you, I'm almost 24 weeks) did it start getting more consistent. For a while I only noticed it when I went to bed if I was still for a while reading, but now it's at night, in the morning, when I wake up in the middle of the night, sometimes when I'm sitting around during the day.. My DH has yet to feel it - she always stops as soon as I try to get him to feel it.

Lately I've witnessed my stomach spasm-ing to her kicks, too, which makes me so happy!! I am super-unproductive - I'm supposed to be working from home, but I spend far too much time laying propped up on the bed watching my stomach to see if it will move. It's addicting!!!

I think 15 weeks is still really early! I know some mama's feel it early if they've had one already, but like you said, you've had surgeries and scarring and it's been a while since your DD was in there.. Give it a few more weeks and watch out!!!
    Last edited by rss73; 11-17-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Rhonda, would you also post in here if Mayra has the babies? I'm trying to follow Dec DD, but sometimes I forget and I don't want to miss the announcement!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rss73 View Post
    Yeah!!! Thanks for making it happen Rhonda!!

I tried getting a 3D u/s the other day, but LO wouldn't cooperate! She had either her hand or the umbilical cord in her face whenever they tried to snap the shot..then she would roll over and hide. I did catch her yawn, though, and DH and my hearts melted!!!!

Sarah, can't believe you are already 20 weeks!! That is so awesome. I bet they are kicking away, huh?
    Aww,how sweet! Shy little thing isn't she

I know! 20 weeks,it's just so crazy! I told a friend the other day that I bet the next 20 will go by faster just based on the fact that the toilet is not my closest friend anymore!

I do feel them more and more all the time. Actually today I was laying propped up in bed resting and I could see my belly moving! That really made my day!

I just want to say,I'm so happy there are so many IVF Sisters graduates! So many of us going through our pregnancies so close together

I hope you don't mind if I post here even though I didn't have IVF.

I didn't start feeling kicks til a week ago when I was 19w2d. But since then I have felt plenty of movement throughout each day! He is a very active little guy!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)

Thanks Rachael, that helps me not feel so crazy! I honestly kept thinking these girls have GAS and just don't know what they are feeling! LOL Anyway, I had the same kick feeling last night and I was just falling asleep. It's too big not to notice, but it's only one kick and then it's done. No fluttering or butterflies or bubbles feeling. It definitely isn't gas either. So, that's twice so far and several days apart. I am sure I will feel regular movement many weeks later. Today I am only 16 weeks and I had only planned to start expecting kicks around 20 weeks until all the girls in May DD started posting that they were feeling movement at 13-15 weeks!!

I find it very exciting to just read about your little girl and Sarah's two boys as they jump around and show their mammas they are doing fine inside!! I can't believe you ladies are so far into your pregnancies now, both past your half-way mark. Time is just a flying! I hope Michele posts here soon too. I will keep an eye on her in IVF Sisters since she continues to post there. She'll join us here soon.

I promise to let you all know (first) about Mayra as soon as she texts me! I am just so thrilled for Mayra and Miguel about this pregnancy. She was so scared early on and she worked through her fears week after week. I am so proud of her. And now Vivian and Alec are simply being stubborn!! LOL

Sarah, you probably won't know these ladies, but Rachael, do you remember Kim (KSS717) and Donna (41TTC)? They both stopped posting on APA in their journeys. Well, I have continued to keep in touch with both of them because we just became very close. We shared phone numbers and we text and call eachother. Eventually we also all added eachother as FB friends. Those are my girls! I so wish both of them would have continued to try, but Kim is done TTC and Donna is just at a stand still and hoping she can try a donor egg cycle soon. Both girls are in their 40's, so we had a lot in common. Mayra's prior IVF and miscarriages touched me and I have in the past sent her PM's to try to lift her spirits and encourage her. She is so blessed and I am so thankful that her prayers were answered...in a very big way!

Katie - We would love for you to post here!!! You are Post-IUI and you were just fortunate to be able to go that route vs. the IVF on this pregnancy. We are all happy for you and you certainly can relate to the TTC with Medical Assistance and the toll it takes going through these processes. We just feel we have different stories than some of the Expecting moms on APA in that our TTC journeys are not all simple and easy! We are happy to keep you in our little group of STC mammas-to-be!!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 11-18-2010 at 01:15 PM.

No Rhonda. I do remember them. Donna came back for a while after I had joined. But most of all I remember them because I stalked everyone religiously for about 6 or 8 months before I officially joined. I was sad when they gave up. They have both been through so much! I hope they both find peace and Motherhood someday.

Want to see my 20 week belly picture? Want to see what I look like? Here I am letting it all hang out!http://www.flickr.com/photos/oldthel...n/photostream/

Sarah - I agree, it's so nice so many of us finally got our BFPs around the same time. After all those years.. Your belly pic is great!! How do you feel in general? I hope you are resting a lot!

Katie - Of course you can post in here.. it makes it easier for us to not have to stalk you in the DD room.

Rhonda - That's sweet you stay in contact with so many former APA'ers. I hope they are doing well. They were such sweethearts..always wondering if they will pop up again on here some day.

You are really lucky if you are feeling kicks already. It's the best feeling ever!! I hate how irregular they are at first, but you have to remember, just because you can't feel it, doesn't mean the LO isn't moving. I feel a lot of them now, but when I went in for the scan last weekend she was constantly moving and I didn't feel any of it. They just need to get bigger so it is more noticeable. Soon we'll be complaining of feet in our ribs and things like that. LOL.

Where is Michelle? I haven't seen any posts from her lately. Next u/s for her is Monday, right?

Sarah - I agree, it's so nice so many of us finally got our BFPs around the same time. After all those years.. Your belly pic is great!! How do you feel in general? I hope you are resting a lot!
    I'm feeling pretty good. I'm trying to take it easy. I started Christmas things early so that I could take my time. Plus since I'm not working the holiday season(for the first time in what seems like forever)I feel like doing more to the house. Next year I'll have my hands quite full so I thought I'd take advantage of the peace while I have it

How are you feeling? Lots of happy plans for the holidays?

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    No Rhonda. I do remember them. Donna came back for a while after I had joined. But most of all I remember them because I stalked everyone religiously for about 6 or 8 months before I officially joined. I was sad when they gave up. They have both been through so much! I hope they both find peace and Motherhood someday.
    I hope they get miracle babies as it appears they may be done TTC with medical assistance. It's hard when you have infertility issues, but even harder when you are 40+ and you have a chance in hell on your own.

Want to see my 20 week belly picture? Want to see what I look like? Here I am letting it all hang out!http://www.flickr.com/photos/oldthel...n/photostream/
    OMG Sarah!!! Girl, you are so preggers!!! I am so looking forward to wearing a pregnancy top! LOL I can't because it just looks silly on me right now, but my baby is growing faster as I am getting bigger by the week, so SOON I will be in a maternity top. My goal for Christmas!! LOL I love the ultrasound photos too! Your babies are so cute! I am so thrilled with my LO, but I so wanted twins so we could call it quits after this pregnancy. I'll just have to live through you and all the other IVF moms with twins! You look GREAT!!

Rhonda - That's sweet you stay in contact with so many former APA'ers. I hope they are doing well. They were such sweethearts..always wondering if they will pop up again on here some day.

You are really lucky if you are feeling kicks already. It's the best feeling ever!! I hate how irregular they are at first, but you have to remember, just because you can't feel it, doesn't mean the LO isn't moving. I feel a lot of them now, but when I went in for the scan last weekend she was constantly moving and I didn't feel any of it. They just need to get bigger so it is more noticeable. Soon we'll be complaining of feet in our ribs and things like that. LOL.

Where is Michelle? I haven't seen any posts from her lately. Next u/s for her is Monday, right?
    Awww, thanks for sharing your movements experience! I know it's so soon and I just want to feel her/him more often. I NEED an u/s so I can relax! Geez!!!

Not Kim, she is done. I don't blame her. It gets hard when you are in it that long and at some point you have to make a decision to draw the line. If this DE cycle hadn't worked, we were moving on to adoption. I'm so thankful for my DE cycle. I hope to see Donna on here if she can work it out to do a DE cycle. I miss both of them on APA for sure! They are great ladies and I them both to pieces! I just want them to have what the rest of us have now...just doesn't seem fair that everyone doesn't eventually get a BFP and a pregnancy that goes to term. Just breaks my heart.

I bet Michele is dealing with m/s and just plain exhausted! I'm sure she will post when she has that u/s on Monday!! Wishing her nothing but good news regarding Baby B!

Love that we can all be here and keep each other updated. I went to my regular ob last Weds. and he said I am fine and have no restrictions So I can now run (well more of a slow jog). He is sending me to a high risk group for some extra monitoring, advanced maternal age (ugh, hate that term). We heard the heartbeat, but no u/s I miss getting those at my re's office.

I am so excited to hear of everyone's baby movement, I can't wait for that first flutter. I still have a while though.

What a wonderful group here!!

So i'd love to catch up on this thread but we are in the middle of moving right now. ugh! I skimmed over the first few posts and just wanted to mention to Rhonda that I wasn't feeling this baby as much as I felt DS or as often or strong and so I was worried sick. Then when I went to my u/s they said it was b/c my placenta is on the front of my uterus shielding movement from the front of my stomach, so no worries. The movement is everyday that I feel it now and getting stronger but not regular.
    Happily married mother of 2 boys ages 5 and 1. [IMG][/IMG]

Can I just say. . .I still can't believe what all I/we had to go through to get here! And it still seems unreal sometimes.

Does anyone remember when I cried the entire week before my bfp??!? I do smile about it now, it was all worth it!

Still skimming posts.

Too cute Sarah! You look so happy and I like that top!

Quote Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
    Love that we can all be here and keep each other updated. I went to my regular ob last Weds. and he said I am fine and have no restrictions So I can now run (well more of a slow jog). He is sending me to a high risk group for some extra monitoring, advanced maternal age (ugh, hate that term). We heard the heartbeat, but no u/s I miss getting those at my re's office.

I am so excited to hear of everyone's baby movement, I can't wait for that first flutter. I still have a while though.

What a wonderful group here!!
    I just started back working out too!! I am only walking, but I'm doing 3 miles a day with some incline. I feel so much better already!! I needed the exercise to pick me up and it is really going to help in the long run. It will make my pregnancy so much easier. I too miss the u/s!! I won't get one again until 20 weeks!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmelissa View Post
    So i'd love to catch up on this thread but we are in the middle of moving right now. ugh! I skimmed over the first few posts and just wanted to mention to Rhonda that I wasn't feeling this baby as much as I felt DS or as often or strong and so I was worried sick. Then when I went to my u/s they said it was b/c my placenta is on the front of my uterus shielding movement from the front of my stomach, so no worries. The movement is everyday that I feel it now and getting stronger but not regular.
    I've been stalking you girlie! I'm glad you are starting to feel more movement. The whole placenta issue would have freaked me out!

Can I just say. . .I still can't believe what all I/we had to go through to get here! And it still seems unreal sometimes.

Does anyone remember when I cried the entire week before my bfp??!? I do smile about it now, it was all worth it!
    Yes, I do remember!! Listen, the road was long & hard, but we all did it!!!

Default Mayra had her twins this morning!!!

I said I'd post it here first!

She MMS me a pic, but I want to let her be the one to put pics on here. All I will say is Alec & Vivian are gorgeos babies like their mamma and daddy!! I am so thrilled for Mayra!! Anyway, I don't have details like how she went into labor, what time they came and their weights. I do know at her last growth u/s they both were over 6.5lbs! She was scheduled for a c-sect on Monday, but they didn't wanna wait. Her original due date was 12/5 so she carried them to almost 38 weeks!!! She did fabulous considering all she went through with this pregnancy!! Ok, gotta go post in Dec DD and Expecting with Multiples!

You look great!!!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)

Default Vaginal pain/pressure

Ok, since yesterday I've been feeling like I was 20 again and been DTD for 3 days straight!! Has anyone else felt any vaginal pain or pressure? I disregarded the twinges & pangs over the past week because I read they are likely from stretching of the round ligaments supporting my uterus. Since my belly has been growing pretty significantly in the past few weeks, that made sense. I still feel sharp pains as low as my ovaries and it makes me feel uncomfortable, but I haven't broke down and called my OB. My appt is tomorrow, so I'm thinking to just wait another day.

I'm feeling pretty good. I'm trying to take it easy. I started Christmas things early so that I could take my time. Plus since I'm not working the holiday season(for the first time in what seems like forever)I feel like doing more to the house. Next year I'll have my hands quite full so I thought I'd take advantage of the peace while I have it

How are you feeling? Lots of happy plans for the holidays?
    Way to go being so on top of Christmas this year! I'm not doing anything special for the holidays..it'll be just me and DH. We live in the UK and the family is an ocean away. And, of course, don't celebrate Thanksgiving here...I'll be at a conference all day Thursday anyway. For Christmas we are just staying home alone, unless we can round up some other lonely expat friends to come over. I don't really mind, because I'd rather that than fly at 29-ish weeks over the holidays!

I know, tell me about it. Somedays I wake up and think my stomach is going down and it was all a dream, but nope! I have weekly pictures to prove it!

There is nothing like the stress of the 2ww, but you made it, girl! I love the new picture of you and your little boy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post

She MMS me a pic, but I want to let her be the one to put pics on here. All I will say is Alec & Vivian are gorgeos babies like their mamma and daddy!! I am so thrilled for Mayra!! Anyway, I don't have details like how she went into labor, what time they came and their weights. I do know at her last growth u/s they both were over 6.5lbs! She was scheduled for a c-sect on Monday, but they didn't wanna wait. Her original due date was 12/5 so she carried them to almost 38 weeks!!! She did fabulous considering all she went through with this pregnancy!! Ok, gotta go post in Dec DD and Expecting with Multiples!
    Thanks for posting! I saw that in the DD room, too. I hope she comes back to APA..you can let her know to pop in this room if she does!

Ok, since yesterday I've been feeling like I was 20 again and been DTD for 3 days straight!! Has anyone else felt any vaginal pain or pressure? I disregarded the twinges & pangs over the past week because I read they are likely from stretching of the round ligaments supporting my uterus. Since my belly has been growing pretty significantly in the past few weeks, that made sense. I still feel sharp pains as low as my ovaries and it makes me feel uncomfortable, but I haven't broke down and called my OB. My appt is tomorrow, so I'm thinking to just wait another day.
    I'm impressed with your DTD routine, Rhonda. I commented in your DD room. Are you having severe pain, or just short little stabbing pains? If it's severe, I'd definitely call your OB.. More than likely it's growing pains, though. There's a lot going on down there between blood circulation and your expanding uterus. Hope you feel better soon!

AFM - Not much to report here other than my nightly heartburn killing me. Ugh! I've never, ever in my life had heartburn before, and now it's a nightly occurrence. The only pregnancy-friendly antacid that I've found over here (or that my OB recommended) is so gross I'd rather suffer the pain than swallow it. I think I might need to start skipping dinner, as it's only at night when I get the pain - and I'm not gorging myself. I just had a light salad and a small bowl of vegetable soup..

Oh I do! I certainly remember having to talk my cycle buddy off the ledge a time or two It truly is amazing sometimes that we're here....AND that we're this far! So blessed we are!

Still skimming posts.

Too cute Sarah! You look so happy and I like that top!
    Thanks Melissa

So happy for her! I know it must be a relief to have all that worry behind her! Can't wait to see pictures of the pretty little ones!

First of all,KUDOS on that sex drive I've been having shooting pain in my vagina the past few days. I imagine that it is something normal. There are a ton of crazy things happening to our bodies. Let us know what the docs say

OMG!!! I totally didn't say that right!! I have zero sex drive these days. I meant to say that my "vagina" feels like it did when I was 20 and able to DTD for 3 days straight! Geez. I got you girls thinking DH is on cloud nine and I'm simply with hormones! NOT!!! LOL

My discomfort has been vaginal pain which is weird because I've had nothing in there for weeks!!!!!!! So, just didn't make sense to have that sensation since yesterday for no reason. I'm so embarassed for my miscommunication, but what a good laugh!

OMG!!! I totally didn't say that right!! I have zero sex drive these days. I meant to say that my "vagina" feels like it did when I was 20 and able to DTD for 3 days straight! Geez. I got you girls thinking DH is on cloud nine and I'm simply with hormones! NOT!!! LOL

My discomfort has been vaginal pain which is weird because I've had nothing in there for weeks!!!!!!! So, just didn't make sense to have that sensation since yesterday for no reason. I'm so embarassed for my miscommunication, but what a good laugh!
    LOL!

with the DR today..and hope you feel better soon.

Well Rhonda,I was kind of wondering why you didn't know what was going on up there considering it had seen so much "action"!

It could be the fact you haven't done anything it weeks, and you are more sensitive due to increase in blood flow to the nether regions. Also after orgasm you can feel a tightening up of the uterus, like muscle ache after exercising. Already went through these questions with my re. So keep having fun

I know I said I wouldn't complain after all I went through to get here, BUT, my lower back is killing me!! It comes and goes, but seems to be painful more regularly. Ugh. Anyone else feel like their tailbone is broken? It's a combination of that, plus nerve pain that makes it hurt right above my right butt cheek. My OB basically said "that's how it goes" and offered no relief. I am taking yoga, but it doesn't help!! I've tried rocking back and forth on the floor in fetal position thinking that would help work it out, but it just kills and makes it hard to get back up. Wah!