Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Injects/Clomid/IUI

Quote Originally Posted by Marandakay View Post
    Since I started charting with Fertility Friend I noticed my temps were pretty erratic. I looked for other charts that looked similar and they were almost all pregnancy charts. Sunday I had 3 days in a row of headaches (which I never get) that were only at the end of the day (another weird thing). So I decided to take a test. I waited while the urine moved across the screen and began to see two almost invisible lines and I said "No..." then they both got just a bit darker and I said "not uhhhh". I was peering around at all angles to change the lighting thinking my eyes were playing tricks on me. Then they were both plain as day. I'm still in shock and can't believe it. This is the first time I've ever gotten to win at this game lol.
    Wow, i dont even have to make the thumb nail bigger to see those two beautiful lines!!!

OK, and update for you ladies, today was cycle day 3 and i had my b/w and u/s, i have 9 eggs!!! and there are two 8mm one on the right and one on the left, and two are 7mm again one on the right and one on the left, i was surprised to see two 8mm eggs on day 3!! So i start my 100mg of Clomid tonight, and then on thursday i will start taking 75ml of Gonal F along with the clomid for a couple of days, and then i just take the Gonal F after the 5 days of clomid, on the 22nd i go for my next b/w and u/s, and i am praying that my two 8mm and my two 7mm grow nice and big, from the looks of it, i may end up with my IUI on Thanksgiving lol. Wish me luck ladies, i am off to the races!! Oh and my FSH level for day 3 was 8.4, not bad for a 43 year old lady huh lol.

*tiptoes back in*
    Hello ladies! I am joining you again after having to take last month off with an ovarian cyst. AF finally showed herself on Friday after a round of Provera. I started Follistim last night. I am doing 100iu Monday-Wednesday, 150iu on Thursday and then I go in for a follie check on Friday. Last time I started at 75iu but it took 13 days of stims before I was ready for my IUI. I am hoping that things get moving along a little faster this time

Maranda - Congrats on your !!!
    Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Quote Originally Posted by onmymind17 View Post
    OK, and update for you ladies, today was cycle day 3 and i had my b/w and u/s, i have 9 eggs!!! and there are two 8mm one on the right and one on the left, and two are 7mm again one on the right and one on the left, i was surprised to see two 8mm eggs on day 3!! So i start my 100mg of Clomid tonight, and then on thursday i will start taking 75ml of Gonal F along with the clomid for a couple of days, and then i just take the Gonal F after the 5 days of clomid, on the 22nd i go for my next b/w and u/s, and i am praying that my two 8mm and my two 7mm grow nice and big, from the looks of it, i may end up with my IUI on Thanksgiving lol. Wish me luck ladies, i am off to the races!! Oh and my FSH level for day 3 was 8.4, not bad for a 43 year old lady huh lol.
    Yay for 9 eggs -- you are well on your way to your Turkey Day baby!!!

Hello everyone, just wanted to pop in here and introduce myself. DH and I have been trying since April. I've had a heck of year with various infections and medications that probably caused me to stop o'ing. I ended up getting referred to an RE who put me on Clomid. I took 50mg on CD 5-9. I o'd around CD 19, but it didn't work this month. My dr didn't monitor me on it. I only went in for an u/s on CD 22 and they confirmed I O'd. I took an FRER an it was neg. I'll be on to the next cycle soon, but they want to take bw anyway check for pregnancy. Right now I'm not too worried about the way the RE is treating me, but I'm hoping that soon they will do an U/S to check the size of my eggs and the # earlier in my cycle. We'll see how it goes next month. I'm looking forward to learning how this whole process works by reading through all your experiences.

Good luck to everyone!

How I recovered after pregnancy, lost the baby weight and will maintain my health til we TTC again!

I...can't....believe it...I got a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in shock right now. I've waited so long

Congratulations!

How I recovered after pregnancy, lost the baby weight and will maintain my health til we TTC again!

Hi all. I will be joining your group shortly. I have one open tube and borderline premature ovarian failure and my DH has a low count. My doc is willing to try a few rounds of IUI with injectable medications, and if they don't work its off to IVF. We don't really have the money for IVF at this time so we are hoping that the IUI will work!
    Me (35) and DH (34). STC since Feb '09

Quick update for you ladies, we did our first IUI this morning yes on Thanksgiving morning lol, this is going to be a turkey bean lol. We have 17million after wash right now, and the second round will hopefully add quite a bit more tomorrow. I ended up with the left side not doing much, but the right side was working overtime lol. We had 5 eggs total on the right side, a 24mm, 16mm, 15mm, 13mm and a 7mm. I am hoping that the 16,15 and possibly the 13 grew enough after i triggered hopefully they will grow, the 24mm egg was only 16mm on monday, and then all of a sudden on wed it went to 24. So now i am in the TWW again, and praying that this works!!

Good luck to all you ladies just starting up with IUI's my advice if the first one does not work dont lose hope, the second one does lots of times!! I know for me the first one failed, after that each one worked, now we just need to get a sticky one!!

10. Default

Quick update for you ladies, we did our first IUI this morning yes on Thanksgiving morning lol, this is going to be a turkey bean lol. We have 17million after wash right now, and the second round will hopefully add quite a bit more tomorrow. I ended up with the left side not doing much, but the right side was working overtime lol. We had 5 eggs total on the right side, a 24mm, 16mm, 15mm, 13mm and a 7mm. I am hoping that the 16,15 and possibly the 13 grew enough after i triggered hopefully they will grow, the 24mm egg was only 16mm on monday, and then all of a sudden on wed it went to 24. So now i am in the TWW again, and praying that this works!!

Good luck to all you ladies just starting up with IUI's my advice if the first one does not work dont lose hope, the second one does lots of times!! I know for me the first one failed, after that each one worked, now we just need to get a sticky one!!
    GL GL GL GLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

GL GL GL GLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Thanks so much, i have one more week to go, ugh this is driving me nuts lol. I go tomorrow for the progesterone test, and then on the 8th the pg test. I keep thinking this is never going to work, i mean all the other IUI's we used mega doses of Gonal F, and this time we used only Clomid and 75ml of Gonal F, and it only took a week for my eggs to grow, the last cycle with all the mega doses of drugs took two weeks. I just keep thinking there was only one egg that was 24mm the next one was 16mm, what if there was only one target, ugh, ok i need to stop thinking about it lol. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Quick update progesterone is at 21, so we are on our way, only 6 more days until we do the beta!!

Hi Ladies,
    It’s been a really, really long time since my last update, but I’m now at the point where I’m comfortable sharing my story. I’m not even sure if any of you remember me as I was always a pretty quiet member on these boards. In any event, here goes:
    I’m 41 and my DH is 46 (this Friday) and we had tried for a baby for more than two years. After various surgeries and more than six IUIs, I finally got pregnant—in fact, it's almost a year to the day when I conceived. I remember I went for my scan and found that I only had one egg. I was so disappointed and told my DH that we should just scrap the cycle because I was confident it wasn’t going to work. (I had five eggs the month before and it was a bust, so I was pretty sure one wouldn’t do the trick.) He convinced me to finish the cycle and low and behold, it worked. I found out on New Year’s Eve last year and we now have a beautiful, healthy three-month old daughter. I did injectables, Clomid, the works and it eventually stuck. I will say the only thing I did differently that cycle was to drink lots of concentrated fertility tea. I’m not sure that’s what did it, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I hesitated sharing the news for a long time because I wanted to make really sure everything was okay but all is good—more than good. So, I guess I just wanted to tell you all that it does happen. It can work. Stay positive and don’t give up even when you think there’s no hope. I’ve got the proof sleeping right next to me
    Last edited by relaxedcitygirl; 12-07-2010 at 03:08 AM.
    Me (43) | DH (48) | DD born 9/2010. Currently TCC'ing #2

Quick update progesterone is at 21, so we are on our way, only 6 more days until we do the beta!!
    wahoo! Good luck tomorrow!!!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mc0605 View Post
    Hello everyone, just wanted to pop in here and introduce myself. DH and I have been trying since April. I've had a heck of year with various infections and medications that probably caused me to stop o'ing. I ended up getting referred to an RE who put me on Clomid. I took 50mg on CD 5-9. I o'd around CD 19, but it didn't work this month. My dr didn't monitor me on it. I only went in for an u/s on CD 22 and they confirmed I O'd. I took an FRER an it was neg. I'll be on to the next cycle soon, but they want to take bw anyway check for pregnancy. Right now I'm not too worried about the way the RE is treating me, but I'm hoping that soon they will do an U/S to check the size of my eggs and the # earlier in my cycle. We'll see how it goes next month. I'm looking forward to learning how this whole process works by reading through all your experiences.

Good luck to everyone!
    I took clomid after my 2nd child and my doctor did not monitor me on it at all. He gave it to me and said in a month one of three things will happen:a) you'll be pregnant, b)you'll start AF, c) you won't start AF and you won't be pregnant which means we need to go up on the clomid, in that case call me and I'll call in the script. I ended up getting pregnant with singletons twice and miscarried both times then ended up pregnant with my triplets. He never monitored a thing, no blood work, ultrasounds, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by akhiker View Post
    wahoo! Good luck tomorrow!!!
    Thank you thank you thank you, OMG today is the day, i am a nervous wreck lol.

Well the test was a bfn . That is it for DH and I we are out of money for meds, and honestly after 3 years i cannot do this anymore, the stress is just too much, so we are moving on to a life without a child. I am so blessed with my loving dh, and all the things i have, i really should not complain, but its still hard. Thanks for all your support ladies, i will still be here stalking all of you, and praying for all your bfp's.

Well the test was a bfn . That is it for DH and I we are out of money for meds, and honestly after 3 years i cannot do this anymore, the stress is just too much, so we are moving on to a life without a child. I am so blessed with my loving dh, and all the things i have, i really should not complain, but its still hard. Thanks for all your support ladies, i will still be here stalking all of you, and praying for all your bfp's.
    Chris, I'm so sorry about the BFN. You will still be in my T&P -- hopefully you will be one of those women who stop trying and get a happy surprise!! I hope that you have lots of happiness in your life. Stay in touch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muncherbug View Post
    I took clomid after my 2nd child and my doctor did not monitor me on it at all. He gave it to me and said in a month one of three things will happen:a) you'll be pregnant, b)you'll start AF, c) you won't start AF and you won't be pregnant which means we need to go up on the clomid, in that case call me and I'll call in the script. I ended up getting pregnant with singletons twice and miscarried both times then ended up pregnant with my triplets. He never monitored a thing, no blood work, ultrasounds, nothing.
    Thank you for your reply. Still another round of 50 mg of clomid that didn't work. My dr said a similar thing about the dosage of the drug. I think we're ok but he's checked my bw again so we'll see what he wants to do next. I'm partially glad that he's not monitoring me so much because I don't want the stress of going in to the office all the time, but, on the other hand, I want more monitoring because I'm impatient and just want to know all the little things. I'm happy I'm O'ing again so hopefully it's just a matter of time.

1st cycle on Clomid 100mg on days 5-9. Yesterday I had really bad discomfort, not cramping but I felt really bloaty. It was so bad I had to put a hot water bottle on my stomach. Today I think I'm spotting. Is this normal? Other than that, I'm going through my "personal summers" and mood swings. My b/w and u/s is tmrw morning.
    Children: Me - 2 (19 & 14); DH - 2 (32 & 30); working on OUR first! Both tubes are confirmed open!!
    Make an ovulation ticker

Quote Originally Posted by queenj919 View Post
    1st cycle on Clomid 100mg on days 5-9. Yesterday I had really bad discomfort, not cramping but I felt really bloaty. It was so bad I had to put a hot water bottle on my stomach. Today I think I'm spotting. Is this normal? Other than that, I'm going through my "personal summers" and mood swings. My b/w and u/s is tmrw morning.
    That's double what I've been on for 3 cycles and I can understand your side effects. I get a bit moody and feel bloated too. I don't normally cramp in the beginning of the cycle or the end. Usually I feel cramping in the middle 2 weeks. I've never spotted but you may if its right before O. Hope the clomid works for you!

What fertility tea? Where did you get it?
    I loved reading your story. Makes me feel positive and know that it can/will happen.
    Congrats to you both!

Quote Originally Posted by relaxedcitygirl View Post
    Hi Ladies,
    Itís been a really, really long time since my last update, but Iím now at the point where Iím comfortable sharing my story. Iím not even sure if any of you remember me as I was always a pretty quiet member on these boards. In any event, here goes:
    Iím 41 and my DH is 46 (this Friday) and we had tried for a baby for more than two years. After various surgeries and more than six IUIs, I finally got pregnantóin fact, it's almost a year to the day when I conceived. I remember I went for my scan and found that I only had one egg. I was so disappointed and told my DH that we should just scrap the cycle because I was confident it wasnít going to work. (I had five eggs the month before and it was a bust, so I was pretty sure one wouldnít do the trick.) He convinced me to finish the cycle and low and behold, it worked. I found out on New Yearís Eve last year and we now have a beautiful, healthy three-month old daughter. I did injectables, Clomid, the works and it eventually stuck. I will say the only thing I did differently that cycle was to drink lots of concentrated fertility tea. Iím not sure thatís what did it, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I hesitated sharing the news for a long time because I wanted to make really sure everything was okay but all is goodómore than good. So, I guess I just wanted to tell you all that it does happen. It can work. Stay positive and donít give up even when you think thereís no hope. Iíve got the proof sleeping right next to me

Hello ladies,
    Seems like I will be joining your group very soon. My visit to the OB/GYN last week has now directed us towards IUI. My other half & I have been trying to over 5 years! I can't believe that we were only now given this option. He will be doing a Semen Analysis in the next 2 weeks just to make sure that the IUI is best. I'm hoping for the best.

Good luck to all of you!

Another unsuccessful cycle on 50mg of Clomid. This is 3 now. I'm frustrated and anxious. I know it can take a while, but every time I see a neg preg test I get upset. The medication doesn't help. It get so moody on this stuff especially after O. At least I know why my mood is so rotten, but still I'm frustrated. I'm O'ing and each round I O earlier. First it was CD 19, then CD 16 and this past cycle was CD 14. I was ecstatic to finally see my first real +opk. My CD 22 U/S looked good and the dr was hopeful, but it's not happening this month.

The main reason why I'm as frustrated as I am is that some time mid summer, DH will be leaving for a yr or more. Technically, we probably have only a few more tries, but because of training and late nights who knows if we'll even have that. April will be one yr of TTC. If we're not successful before he goes, then I'll also be 35 by the time we can try again. I know anything is possible, but this was never how I expected it to be. But then again, who of us ever thought we'd be here, huh? We want more than one and want to have the next as soon after the first because of the age issues. Of course, while I'm in a Clomid mood swing, scientists report that having babies close together could be a link to Autism. Not what I want to hear. I was always very regular, so I had this false sense of security that we'd be one of those lucky ones that can get it on the first few tries. DH's S/A came back awesome, yet he's now getting frustrated too. The problem is pretty much on me since he's more than fine. Out of all the ga-billion swimmers we get in there each time, not one can make it happen? It defies all laws of probability!Ok, so I'm having a whine fest. I'm just in one of those Clomid moods. I do have a point to my post aside from venting....

Since we only have a few more tries before he goes, I want to ask the RE about the next step. I just want to go in prepared with some ideas and questions, so what would or could be other options for us? What were some things you wish you asked about but didn't even know to ask before you moved on to something more?

Thanks in advance for just reading this and for any suggestions!

wow

Not sure if anyone still checks out this thread, but I need some info. Starting my 1st IUI cycle. Taking femara cd 3-7...and I guess I'm supposed to use fmu with opks and give myself an hcg (Pregnyl) inj when I get the positive. How long after the inj will I go in for the IUI? Does anyone's doctor's office do multiple IUIs? I think my doc only does one.
    Me (30) DH (34) TTC #1 since 11/2009; Stage 4 Endometriosis. LP defect. Trying to keep faith ♥ 4 clomid cycles,3 femara/hcg IUIs, IVF #1 9/2011, FET 2/2012. Then, we conceived an all natural miracle baby 1st BFP 5/17/12 ♥ Nothing is impossible with GOD

Typically the IUI will be about 36 hours after your trigger. Best of luck to you!!
    Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post
    Typically the IUI will be about 36 hours after your trigger. Best of luck to you!!
    Thanks for the info!
    Me (30) DH (34) TTC #1 since 11/2009; Stage 4 Endometriosis. LP defect. Trying to keep faith ♥ 4 clomid cycles,3 femara/hcg IUIs, IVF #1 9/2011, FET 2/2012. Then, we conceived an all natural miracle baby 1st BFP 5/17/12 ♥ Nothing is impossible with GOD

Well it's my turn to join the IUI club. After 3 failed Femera/HCG trigger cycles, we are going onto a femera IUI cycle. I am on CD 5, so I have been on Dex, ASA, and Femera since CD 3 (ASA and Dex I have been on for what seems to be forever) on Friday I will go in to have a follie check, since the office is closed on the weekend, IF I have good enough follies I will go ahead and trigger and just do the IUI later the same day. In addition to the meds, I have been doing acupuncture, and been taking a Prenantal, omega 3, Calcium, and EPO.
    If this doesn't work we will be moving on to injectables and IUI (I don't really care for that idea just yet)

Baby dust to all!!
    Alicia (26) Nate(26) 6/7/08 TTC since 5/2009 M/C 12/09 Stage 4 Endo Dx 10/10 Lap & Hysteroscope 11/10 Lupron injections 12/10-2/11 year infertility tx no luck...On to adoption to grow our family!!! 5/25 R joined our family @3months old!!

Femara HCG trigger IUI cycle here too! What CD are you on?