Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Injects/Clomid/IUI

Thanks for all of the well-wishes. It's nice to have this place to come and talk about it, because we aren't sharing the news until much later, and it's hard to keep it a secret.

I got in for my next beta on Sunday morning. Trying not to be nervous about it.

-b

Congrats Brierbecca. You gave to many of us hopes. I hope this baby stays inside for all 40 weeks.

3. Default

Grats Brie!!! So glad to see another graduate! I bet the darker color is a good sign that the baby wants to stick around :-)

Me: I did Femara this month and on CD 11 I ovulated. So on CD 26 I got a BFN (took it early due to a festivity I wasn't sure I should partake in) and had some fun. CD 28 I have really bad cramps all day and spot a little at night (that was different). Keep spotting CD 29 until mid-morningand get a med. flow until the middle of CD 30. Spotting the rest of the time to now (CD 32). Call the nurse who tells me to take a test and she is sort of sounding excited. Took the test and get laughed at by my HPT with a BFN...wtf!!!! So, drinking some beer to calm me down. DH is going to do research and see if Anthem covers infertility which will bump us using alternative methods to January when coverage begins, or I can do a thrift savings plan(before taxes spending plan) but dunno how much to set aside and REALLY don't want to spend that kind of money. I hate this. The only people that understand are you all. Sometimes I want to cut people who are so heartless, thoughtless, and naiive. I appreciate everyone in here and the input good and bad. I hope I don't have too many "I's" but it's nice to vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Marandakay View Post
    Grats Brie!!! So glad to see another graduate! I bet the darker color is a good sign that the baby wants to stick around :-)

Me: I did Femara this month and on CD 11 I ovulated. So on CD 26 I got a BFN (took it early due to a festivity I wasn't sure I should partake in) and had some fun. CD 28 I have really bad cramps all day and spot a little at night (that was different). Keep spotting CD 29 until mid-morningand get a med. flow until the middle of CD 30. Spotting the rest of the time to now (CD 32). Call the nurse who tells me to take a test and she is sort of sounding excited. Took the test and get laughed at by my HPT with a BFN...wtf!!!! So, drinking some beer to calm me down. DH is going to do research and see if Anthem covers infertility which will bump us using alternative methods to January when coverage begins, or I can do a thrift savings plan(before taxes spending plan) but dunno how much to set aside and REALLY don't want to spend that kind of money. I hate this. The only people that understand are you all. Sometimes I want to cut people who are so heartless, thoughtless, and naiive. I appreciate everyone in here and the input good and bad. I hope I don't have too many "I's" but it's nice to vent.
    oh, honey, I'm so, so sorry about your bfn. Maybe it all won't seem so daunting in a few days, but for now, vent and hate and rage all you need. We're here.
    Hoping for better news for you very soon.

Hi! I am 12 dpiui now and I have kept regularly basal temperature measurements for the last 4 days. I've heard that it stays high if being pregnant and if AF is about to come it goes down.
    10dpiui- 98.4
    11dpiui- 98.06
    12dpiui- 98.2
    13dpiui- 98.6
    It is rising. Does this mean I am pregnant. It is my 2nd cycle of IUI. I had clomid 100 both cycles. It has been a week that my breast hurt and are tender(no darkening aoreolas or big ones), I had severe cramping today on my lower abdomen , I eat lots of things, sometimes I have nausea, I have lots of cm for a week now. I hope that this time that little bean has sticked. I'm ging to wait until Tuesday to do the home test cos I'm afraid of the result.
    Baby sticky dust to all of you. :-)

Second beta was 530 - up from 156 in 72 hours. I am oh-so-cautiously becoming a little bit hopeful.

Anisa, I have never kept BBT, but I wanted to with you luck. It's also probably late enough to test - I got my positive on 13DPiui. Hopefully we'll end up in the same DD room (my tentative DD is July 1)!

Brie

Ladies,

I usually only post in TTC - APL, however, I thought I would post my question in here & hopefully get more responses.

After my miscarriage in February we started TTC in April. So this is our 8th month TTC, 6th medicated (Clomid) cycle, 1st IUI.

My question is has anyone gone through IUI w/ cold/flu symptoms. I'm a little congested in my chest & have been coughing but my main concern is I had a fever today of 101. Tylenol got rid of my fever so I will continue to take it as needed. I am supposed to trigger tomorrow (CD11) night and have the IUI on Friday morning. I'm calling my RE's office in the morning, but let me know if you have ever been in this situation before.

I did go to my primary care doctor today and the flu test came back negative so he thinks it's just some other virus. He gave me a zpack anyway though....

~Angie
    DD - Leah (09/04/08) (02/04/10 - 11 1/2 weeks) DS - Conor (12/2/11)

Unhappy

I did a test yesterday morning (14dpiui)and it came negative. I have severe period like cramps on my lower abdomen. Today I am 15dpiui. I will wait until tomorrow for the blood test, if my periods won't come. Can it be late implantation(the severe cramps) or will my periods come?
    I don't know what to think... Maybe. I'm hoping so badly to have a baby.
    Good luck to all of you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mcangie View Post
    Ladies,

I usually only post in TTC - APL, however, I thought I would post my question in here & hopefully get more responses.

After my miscarriage in February we started TTC in April. So this is our 8th month TTC, 6th medicated (Clomid) cycle, 1st IUI.

My question is has anyone gone through IUI w/ cold/flu symptoms. I'm a little congested in my chest & have been coughing but my main concern is I had a fever today of 101. Tylenol got rid of my fever so I will continue to take it as needed. I am supposed to trigger tomorrow (CD11) night and have the IUI on Friday morning. I'm calling my RE's office in the morning, but let me know if you have ever been in this situation before.

I did go to my primary care doctor today and the flu test came back negative so he thinks it's just some other virus. He gave me a zpack anyway though....

~Angie

You should be fine, I was also on Zpack and then something else because I am so prone to Zpack now haha. But since youre doing IUI you pass through the CM. So whatever the drugs do to the CM does not affect someone doing IUI. Good luck!!

ANNNDDD I decided no more IUI, I only did one but I realy feel IVF is a better option for me. So I get my protocal on Monday for it!
    Married August 14th, 2010
    TTC 4 years - Dx: Endo stage 4 & PCOS
    12/6 - 3dt - 2embabies!
    12/31/2010 - 6weeks

I had a sinus infection and on antibiotics the week before our IUI _ now im on antibotics again for a UTI.

They said it wouldnt effect anything, but I was super bummed out anyways. Good Luck to you!!!

Anisa - so sorry dont lose hope

I go in for my mid-cycle US on Tuesday. This'll be IUI #2 for us.
    I'm soo soo anxious right now, not to mention the clomid is giving me wicked hot flashes lol

to all!

Liam

Some of you might remember me. I was here for a long time.

I honestly can't believe I am posting this.. I am pregnant!!!!! I had a period on 9/16, then ovulated on 10/4 then thought I had a period on 10/14 so I started my ovulation kit on 10/26 (day 13) Tuesday and it said I was ovulating. But then yesterday, 10/28 started spotting. Called my doc who told me to POAS. I did and it was positive!! This morning, I had to go to his other office and they did an ultrasound, and saw a gestational sac. They said I am 24-25days pregnant.

Unfortunately not out of the clear yet! I was still lightly spotting this morning. might be tubal, or miscarriage or jsut a REGULAR HEALTHY PREGNANCY. They took my blood and will get back to me with results if needed. I have an appointment Monday and the sac should be doubled with a yolk sac inside!

I guess it is one more step closer! I am in utter shock. We didn't do any treatments this month. And after 6 iui's, and 2.5 ivf's and 1 miscarriage, I can't believe it happened on its own. PS: wish I knew how to attach the positive test!

PSS: praying for all of you every day!

I am scared to death. Hoping this is it! Taking it very easy at work today and relaxing this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Some of you might remember me. I was here for a long time.

I honestly can't believe I am posting this.. I am pregnant!!!!! I had a period on 9/16, then ovulated on 10/4 then thought I had a period on 10/14 so I started my ovulation kit on 10/26 (day 13) Tuesday and it said I was ovulating. But then yesterday, 10/28 started spotting. Called my doc who told me to POAS. I did and it was positive!! This morning, I had to go to his other office and they did an ultrasound, and saw a gestational sac. They said I am 24-25days pregnant.

Unfortunately not out of the clear yet! I was still lightly spotting this morning. might be tubal, or miscarriage or jsut a REGULAR HEALTHY PREGNANCY. They took my blood and will get back to me with results if needed. I have an appointment Monday and the sac should be doubled with a yolk sac inside!

I guess it is one more step closer! I am in utter shock. We didn't do any treatments this month. And after 6 iui's, and 2.5 ivf's and 1 miscarriage, I can't believe it happened on its own. PS: wish I knew how to attach the positive test!

PSS: praying for all of you every day!

I am scared to death. Hoping this is it! Taking it very easy at work today and relaxing this weekend.
    OMG Kellie!!!!! I don't check this board as often anymore, but I saw your name so I thought I'd see how you are doing. I am SO excited for you!!! I hope you have a very uneventful 9 months.

I had some bleeding and spotting too, when I was around 7 weeks, but u/s was able to confirm a healthy pregnancy and I hope it does the same for you. I will be stalking to see how everything is going for you. Huge congrats!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    OMG Kellie!!!!! I don't check this board as often anymore, but I saw your name so I thought I'd see how you are doing. I am SO excited for you!!! I hope you have a very uneventful 9 months.

I had some bleeding and spotting too, when I was around 7 weeks, but u/s was able to confirm a healthy pregnancy and I hope it does the same for you. I will be stalking to see how everything is going for you. Huge congrats!!!!!
    Thank you so much. I am in shock!! My hcg came back from yesterday at 755!!!!!!! I am crazy excited, but so nervous too.

The spotting has basically stopped. But i do have light cramping. And of course I am on high alert!!! Every twitch..etc is driving me nuts. I just have my feet up and am relaxing. I guess you hear about these crazy stories.. I just hope it isn't a tubal or miscarriage! yuck.

Thank you and I will kit! How are you?

Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Thank you so much. I am in shock!! My hcg came back from yesterday at 755!!!!!!! I am crazy excited, but so nervous too.

The spotting has basically stopped. But i do have light cramping. And of course I am on high alert!!! Every twitch..etc is driving me nuts. I just have my feet up and am relaxing. I guess you hear about these crazy stories.. I just hope it isn't a tubal or miscarriage! yuck.

Thank you and I will kit! How are you?
    Great beta number!! Do you have any idea what your due date will be? If they already saw the gestational sac on u/s, that should confirm the pregnancy is in the uterus and not the tube. Keep taking it easy and taking care of your LO!!! I'll be thinking of you!

I am doing well, thanks! I will be 18wks on Tuesday, and in 2 weeks we find out the gender! It is really starting to fly by. Every day I look at my growing belly and I still don't believe it really happened for me. I don't think I will fully believe it til I hold my baby in my arms!!! Call me lol!

16. Default

Sorry about being MIA but I've been pouting lol. I'm so glad to hear about the little miracles going on and praying for everyone else that are still hanging on to a hope and a prayer. I did get a little bit of good news, my husband's secretary did some research for him to find out if we could get some sort of healthcare that covers infertility and found out that Humana covers 50% of IUI's, drugs, and shots as well as some other infertility things. I also finally found a basal thermometer so it seems I am headed on the right track again. Hope everyone is doing ok :-)

Marandakay _ Thats awesome. We are covering pretty much 100% of everything and its getting pretty expensive hopefully soon we will all be spending $ on diapers not clomid and hcg shots.

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    Great beta number!! Do you have any idea what your due date will be? If they already saw the gestational sac on u/s, that should confirm the pregnancy is in the uterus and not the tube. Keep taking it easy and taking care of your LO!!! I'll be thinking of you!

I am doing well, thanks! I will be 18wks on Tuesday, and in 2 weeks we find out the gender! It is really starting to fly by. Every day I look at my growing belly and I still don't believe it really happened for me. I don't think I will fully believe it til I hold my baby in my arms!!! Call me lol!
    18 weeks is great! Congrats too on finding out the gender soon. That is truly great news! I am so happy for you. Thanks for the kind words and support. I feel better today. Still spotting slightly brown when I wipe only. (nothing on a maxi pad) and started cramping slightly yesterday and today. Pryaing that is due to the progesterone. My goodness, so many hurdles. I am truly blessed to know you all. You have been here every step of the way. It has been a lont 3+ years, but I am happy to have you.

I will keep you posted. Praying this is it!

Default Symptoms Scouting

Ok Ladies Im 10dpiui and nothing...I dont feel anything. What The What. Shouldnt I feel something: sore boobs, cramping. . I have 4 days until my beta and Im trying so hard not to POAS (Those things are evil). Should I be feeling something??
    Me(29) DH (34) STC since 06. Lap to remove endo 08/10. 1st IUI 10/10..1st BFP

Quote Originally Posted by MINA View Post
    Ok Ladies Im 10dpiui and nothing...I dont feel anything. What The What. Shouldnt I feel something: sore boobs, cramping. . I have 4 days until my beta and Im trying so hard not to POAS (Those things are evil). Should I be feeling something??
    I am 6 weeks pregnant today (well 4 weeks from conception, but 6 from last period). and don't have sore boobs! Everyone keeps asking me that. But I don't have them. I did have cramping but think that is b/c of the extra progesterone my doc put me on. Who knows! One thing I have learned is everyone is different. I wish you the best of luck! ~ Kellie

Well....I've been on a roller coaster since I last posted. On Friday night I started to spot, and spotted all day Saturday. Went in for an ultrasound Sunday morning, and everything looked fine. Got the diagnosis of threatened miscarriage, which was scary, but my RE said everything looked reassuring....

Monday midday, I started to really bleed - bright red. It was really scary. Went for an ultrasound...everything still normal. I just KNEW it was over yesterday, but RE said everything looked good, and it could be from the normal implantation of the embryo into the lining of the uterus. I went home (WAY to upset to go back to work) and....had no bleeding for the rest of the day.

I am still spotting...light brown now, and less and less. My ultrasound today still looked normal. The sac had grown, and we saw the embryo for the first time today. I'm 5 weeks 5 days, so it's still early for a heartbeat. I go back on Monday afternoon for another ultrasound to see if there is a little heartbeat in there.

Honestly, I'm about to crack from the stress. It's awful to see bright red blood (even if it was only for 30 or 45 minutes), and having to wait another freakin week to see if this pregnancy is viable. My HCG numbers were great, but blood cannot be good, no matter what color it is. I am more scared now than I've been in a long time.

Brie

Quote Originally Posted by brierebecca View Post
    Well....I've been on a roller coaster since I last posted. On Friday night I started to spot, and spotted all day Saturday. Went in for an ultrasound Sunday morning, and everything looked fine. Got the diagnosis of threatened miscarriage, which was scary, but my RE said everything looked reassuring....

Monday midday, I started to really bleed - bright red. It was really scary. Went for an ultrasound...everything still normal. I just KNEW it was over yesterday, but RE said everything looked good, and it could be from the normal implantation of the embryo into the lining of the uterus. I went home (WAY to upset to go back to work) and....had no bleeding for the rest of the day.

I am still spotting...light brown now, and less and less. My ultrasound today still looked normal. The sac had grown, and we saw the embryo for the first time today. I'm 5 weeks 5 days, so it's still early for a heartbeat. I go back on Monday afternoon for another ultrasound to see if there is a little heartbeat in there.

Honestly, I'm about to crack from the stress. It's awful to see bright red blood (even if it was only for 30 or 45 minutes), and having to wait another freakin week to see if this pregnancy is viable. My HCG numbers were great, but blood cannot be good, no matter what color it is. I am more scared now than I've been in a long time.

Brie
    Brie. I saw over in June DD that a few others were reporting bleeding/spotting. Could some of it be from the transvaginal ultrasound?

I am sending you lots of prayers and good thoughts.
    Formerly villagespin

23. Default

Brie
    I think you will be just fine hon, you know, there are women that have regular periods for the WHOLE pregnancy and some of them never even know they are pregnant until they go into the ER for upset stomach and go home with a new baby. My research actually showed that a bright red period that lasts under 2 days followed by some spotting is pretty typical. Thus, the reason I was convinced I could be pregnant last cycle due to AF being like that. Hope this helps!

24. Default

And could someone please pm me or post how to add my chart?

Brie
    I was also spotting not red, more brown. My RE said it is fine, but upped my progesterone. Did they give you any progesterone to take? Please try to relax, (easier said than done, I know!!) Great that you saw a sac and that u/s and b/w are great!

I will keep you in my prayers!

Brie
    I know exactly how you feel... I got pg on my 7th IUI, heard the HB, and was discharged from the RE. Less than a week later I started bleeding bright red blood (I was 7 wks pg at the time). It was so scary, and I was convinced it was all over. I called the RE crying (I hadn't been to see the OB yet) and they got me in for an u/s right away. Turns out everything was fine but I was still so scared!! Now I am 18 wks along and the baby is still perfectly healthy.

I know it is impossible not to worry, but remember that it is possible to bleed with a healthy pregnancy, and around 25% of pregnancies have some associated bleeding. I hope you and your LO stay healthy, and that everything looks good on Monday!!!

Hi ladies, some of you may remember me, i have been on these boards forever lol. We are going to do another IUI when af shows which should be in about 10 to 12 days, this time we are doing it different, i will be on clomid for 7 days, and then on 75ml of gonal f, we are doing it this way for two reasons, one i am out of insurance money for meds, so i cannot afford to do the injectables for the whole cycle, the last one in may they had me on 450ml of gonal f, and two because i have read that for older women the high doses of fertility meds can damage the eggs. As it is this cycle is going to cost us $410 just for the meds, so please keep your fingers crossed that we get pg and we actually get one to stick this time!! Congrats to all the ladies that have gotten their bfp's and for those of you that have not yet dont give up, it will happen!!

Chris I hope this is the cycle for you! Praying for you girl!

Quote Originally Posted by onmymind17 View Post
    Hi ladies, some of you may remember me, i have been on these boards forever lol. We are going to do another IUI when af shows which should be in about 10 to 12 days, this time we are doing it different, i will be on clomid for 7 days, and then on 75ml of gonal f, we are doing it this way for two reasons, one i am out of insurance money for meds, so i cannot afford to do the injectables for the whole cycle, the last one in may they had me on 450ml of gonal f, and two because i have read that for older women the high doses of fertility meds can damage the eggs. As it is this cycle is going to cost us $410 just for the meds, so please keep your fingers crossed that we get pg and we actually get one to stick this time!! Congrats to all the ladies that have gotten their bfp's and for those of you that have not yet dont give up, it will happen!!
    Chris!!! Lots and lots of and to you!!!

Well, it's almost official - I'm probably miscarrying. No heartbeat on ultrasound today, and I'm 6 weeks today. My RE gave me a 20 percent chance of developing a heartbeat within the next few days....I'm not optimistic.

We go back in on Sunday for the final verdict, and will probably schedule a D&C then.

Thanks for the support.

Brie